NYCE REFINISHING

Founded 1990 • With Angi since April 2004

28 W 3RD ST

Lansdale, PA 19446

All Types Of Furniture Done, One Piece To The Whole House. Craving Work Available...

02/20/2017

Megan C.

I emailed Tim, he asked for pictures and dimensions then we arranged a time for him to make the repair. It was a 2 step process, for both steps, he was on time, and completed the work.

Description of Work
We have a circa 1950s TV cabinet that had a door that needed repair.

04/06/2016

Sally W.

Poor workmanship and worse followup.

Description of Work
Nyce Refinishing refinished our outdoor wood furniture with the guarantee that the finish would last 5 years. When the work was done we were quite unhappy with the quality of the work. The beautiful and very expensive brazilian wood pieces looked dull and streaky and the process that was used made the pieces look plastic. Now after less then one one year the finish has completely deteriorated and is beyond unacceptable. I have contacted Nyce multiple times and he promised to contact me after Easter. I have called him numerous times since then and he has avoided my calls.

01/03/2016

Nancy T.

Tim and Deb took on my project for our master bath of an old breakfront . We purchased the breakfront and my husband took it straight to Tim's shop. Right away, Tim got started on the project. The first step was an extensive phone discussion on the vision for the project. I wanted the old breakfront transformed into a painted linen press cabinet that had an old house feel to it and could one day be built in to our existing space. The whole piece needed to be made taller as well. Tim totally got my idea and was up for the challenge. The creative process took a couple of phone calls with Tim (and Deb).... This was important as the design began to evolve. Next step was stripping and priming. All were done very quickly with expert technique. The final step was a trip to the shop to see the progress and deliver my chosen new knobs. So glad we met in person with Tim and Deb as more of the design evolved by the decision to increase the height by ( building) adding more drawers to the center section. The shelves were beefed up as well. The overall finished project was beyond my expectations as the paint finish was perfect... not a single detail was overlooked. I cannot wait to have more pieces done by Tim ( and Deb). I f you want the absolute best for your project... search no further... they are true artists !!!

Description of Work
Stripped, repainted and added on to antique piece of furniture.

01/14/2015

Nicki D.

They did an EXCELLENT job and had the piece back in a week. The scratches are completely gone and you can't even tell it was refinished. On top of that, they picked up this VERY heavy piece and delivered it when it was done for a very minimal fee. Everything about this experience was professional, easy, and top-notch. Nyce Refinishing is awesome!

Description of Work
Nyce refinished a buffet top so that extensive scratches no longer showed.

10/17/2014

Fred C.

Tim Nyce went out of his way to find and have repaired a very old rocking chair that needed a special repair (steaming to bend wood) I am grateful with the quality and price.

Description of Work
repaired antique 2 chairs

06/19/2014

Cindy B.

They did a great job and everything about it was good. Everything they said is what they held up to on their end. They gave a quote from me sending a picture over the phone and they held true to that quote. The owner and his coworker were very nice to work with.

Description of Work
I've used Nyce Refinishing. I took a piece of furniture over to them to get refinished.

04/18/2014

Alan P.

An excellent job. The chair is about 60 years old, cherry wood. The legs of the chair were loose or had fallen out; one of the braces was broken at the end, and there was a lot of old glue residue from my previous repairs. Nyce cleaned up the residue, reassembled a broken piece, a firmly reattached all the pieces. The chair now feels as solid as it was when new.

Description of Work
Repaired a dining room chair.

03/30/2014

Michael M.

We eat at the table every day, and with 3 kids it took a beating over the years. He was very responsive and provided an estimate based on photos that I emailed to him. We made an appointment for Tim to pick up the table. He arrived on time, was very pleasant and professional, and returned the table to us within a few weeks. It is absolutely beautiful. The job was not cheap to refinish the table top and 2 leafs, but it was worth it because it essentially looks brand new. We are very pleased with the service and workmanship and recommend Tim without hesitation.

Description of Work
We asked Tim to refinish our ~10 year old cherry kitchen table.

03/23/2014

Sheryl P.

Nyce Furniture Refinishing performed miracles on two pieces of furniture that I have. One is an older piece, circa 1950s that had been seriously left in disrepair; the second, an oak table that had had its face damaged by water. Tim Nyce worked on both pieces, communicated clearly about the price and the amount of time he expected to work on these pieces, and returned them to me looking like new. I highly recommend his skill and service to anyone who wants to refinish damaged furniture

Description of Work
Refinished a mahogany, mid-century corner table and an oak, hand-made table

03/17/2014

Cleveland C.

It went very well the repair is done very well and it did not take him long to finish the job and return the table to our home. He picked up the table by truck and returned it by the same vehicle. He explained the process of the repair and how long it should take. He was very nice and helpful.

Description of Work
Repaired the legs of a very nice piano table.

02/18/2014

Elise K.

There are really two parts to this review: costs/work for minor touchups to furniture in my house (completed), and costs/work for major refinishing work done at this company's location (not done). When I purchased this deal ($99 for $200 worth of refinishing) I had hoped to use it for a major refinishing project. However, the cost quotes were so expensive that it didn't make sense -it would cost me less to just replace the furniture, plus for several of the estimates the contractor said I was responsible for purchasing the paint/lacquer because he couldn't be responsible for matching the color. There wasn't anything I could do within the $200 credit I had. So instead I had touch up work done that could be done in my house on other pieces of furniture. This part of the job was sub-contracted out. I was very happy with the quality of work that was done by this sub contractor. He did a good job of touching up everything I showed him, and the new handle he installed on my curio works well and is attractive. For my bedroom drawer I had just asked him to touch up the wood trim, but he noticed that the wood color had rubbed off was because the drawer was rubbing when it was opened and closed, so he adjusted this to prevent it from happening again. Unfortunately I missed pointing one spot on the cabinet and the furniture refinisher didn't notice it either so I still have a white spot on the cabinet but I'm sure it would have been done properly if I had shown it to him. I would use this sub contractor again and my grades for quality are based on this part of the job, since that is what was actually done, My overall rating reflects a mix of what was and wasn't done. I didn't have $200 worth of touch up work done, but I got my $99 worth which is what I paid for the deal. Since the entire credit needs to be used in one visit I do not have any remaining credit.

Description of Work
Touched up bare spots on two corner cabinets. Installed a new handle to keep curio cabinet closed. Touched up bare spot on wood trim of bedroom draw and adjusted glider

02/17/2014

Lindell P.

He was overwhelmed at first but once we worked through the scheduling issue, it went well. He completed the project on time as promised.

Description of Work
furniture rrpair

01/25/2014

Monika P.

It had seen better days due to use and it's age. |It turned out looking almost like new.

Description of Work
Mr. Nyce did an excellent job refinishing an old small game table which is a family heirloom.

01/17/2014

DAWN A.

I brought the 2 stands to be tightened. The work was great and I have no complaint. I then brought 2 peices of doll furniture to be tightened. After Tim and I assessed both peices, we agreed that they were not suitable for regluing. I stated that I had several other peices that needed some work, and that I would bring them up as soon as I could. I was not able to get there for about 2 weeks. When I called Tim to arrange a drop-off time, he stated that the work had to be done at one time, not spread out and that I would have to pay for additional work. So, I paid $99 for a $200 deal but really only used $106 of that , saving only $7 instead $ 201. That stipulation was never made clear to me by Tim Nyce or Angie's List. I was so angry about getting short changed that I cancelled my Angies list membership. I had been hesitant about utelizing the Deals for exactly this reason...Won't recommend Angies list to anybody. Probably will never use Nyce again, even though he seemed like a nyce guy. his work was good and seemed reasonably priced. It was not a nyce deal Dawn Adams RN

Description of Work
I had 2 stands that were wobbley and needed reglued and tightened.

Category furniture repair

As it is stated in the contract, Full coupon value must be used in one visit/ project. I apologized to her when I made a phone call to her to explain this to her. Tim

12/23/2013

Julie Ann A.

He was more than fair. He only charged extra for the slider being replaced on the table. His work is extraordinary.

Description of Work
He fixed 5 chairs and still has one table to go.

12/05/2013

Annalisa F.

After many communications and attempts to set up a time for the service, nothing was arranged. I became frustrated calling and emailing and not getting any satisfaction. Once I initiated contact, I expected the provider to be more proactive in getting my job on his schedule, including the promised "included pick up and delivery", like all of the other Angie's List providers I have used. However, it became a frustrating game of tag that I honestly just don't have time for anymore.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Nyce Refinishing.

Category furniture repair

[member name removed], Thank you for purchasing the big deal. What type of furniture are you interested in doing.? Can you send me pictures?[member name removed], Can you bring the hope chest to us? We would need a sample(a drawer) to match color .Hi Tim, I thought that the "deal" included pick up and delivery? I would not be able to get it to you easily. Please advise. Thanks, [member name removed] I am located near King of Prussia. I was under the impression that pick up and delivery was included in the $99 price of the coupon. Please confirm that it is. With the holidays just around the corner, I'd like to get this work done as soon as possible. [member name removed], You can use the coupon any way you want for the final price. Is anybody home during the day ( morning’s) ? The only Saturday that I have open right now is November 9th if you need a Saturday. This is the emails that went between us. I have still not heard back from her on the date that I had open or her address so that could schedule this for her. Tim

11/27/2013

Dorsey F.

Dresser was taken apart, cleaned, refinished and put back together with new hardware. Work was completed within the 6 week target, no surprises, they did what they said they'd do. They took an old, worn piece of furniture and made it look new. We couldn't be happier

Description of Work
Stripped, dipped and refinished a dresser my wife has had in her family for many years.

11/13/2013

Joanne H.

Repaired dining room table and leaf. Had damage from crock pot melting through veneer and damaging wood. Finished,stained to match and applied finish. |Wonderful outcome.

Description of Work
NYCE REFINISHING

11/11/2013

MARIAN S.

The relatively small jobs took three weeks to complete and there was a $60 pickup/delivery fee (because of the distance from the shop to our home), both of which could have been negatives. But the quality of the work was so high that it compensated. The table, badly scratched and dull with age, now glows. The owner came out to return the furniture to us, and he couldn't have been nicer or more professional.

Description of Work
The owner called me immediately to set up an appointment to come out and collect a small table to be refinished and a bentwood rocker to be repaired. The workers who came out to our home were pleasant and knowledgable, and they took away the furniture back to the shop to do the work.

10/22/2013

Julianne S.

We made an appointment for Mr. Nyce to come and look at the table. He determined that he could make the repair. He took the table back to his shop, fixed the problem by re-seating the screws that held the tabletop to the base, and then delivered the table back to us. With the prepurchased Deal, the final cost was $53.00.

Description of Work
My mother had a pine dining room table that had begun to sag in the center. Nyce Refinishing corrected the problem.

09/24/2013

John J.

Called and found out when to bring the chair. Also directions to the workshop at the back of the property. Mr. Nyce examined the chair and gave me a price. Around the day he said it would be ready, I called and made arrangements to pick up the chair. Everything went well. The chair looked very good. They helped me load it into my car. We continue to be very happy with the chair.

Description of Work
Replaced the Danish cord seat on my chair. "Tightened up" the joints due to a squeak.

08/17/2013

Christopher W.

Mr Nyce was great. I sent him pictures of the furniture and he got back to me with an estimate. We made arrangements for him to come out and pick up the furniture. He later contacted me with a recommendation to get the chairs refinished at the same time as the table (I was originally just getting the table refinished and the chairs repaired/reglued). He made the recommendation with a reasonable price . Glad I took him up on the offer. He delivered the set when ready as promised. I think he did a great job at a reasonable price and I would definitely recommend him again.

Description of Work
Refinished and reglued 6 chairs, repaired the broken arm to one chair. Refinished a table and leaf.

08/13/2013

Andrew G.

My daughter had gotten a cocktail table about 3 years ago. And shortly after that she wound up getting a small rescue dog from a shelter. The dog was relatively young and went through a teething process of chewing on three wooden legs from the table. The bite marks were fairly deep across all three legs and we were not sure if they could be repaired or not. I took them to NYCE Furniture Repair and he was able to do a very good job in patching most of the teeth marks and re-staining the legs without having to sacrifice any of the surface of the legs as they were originally tapered in shape. My wife and I felt that he did a very good job for not a huge amount of money and did it fairly quickly. I dropped them off to him on a Tuesday and he had them ready on a Saturday morning. All of the bite marks had been removed for the most part, patched and all three legs were re-stained. Given the cost of the overall table, we felt the work was excellent and the price was as well. And we are considering using him for other projects.

Description of Work
Repaired three wooden cocktail table legs

08/01/2013

ANTONY V.

Quick, excellent work for a fair price. I'll be taking them the other seven chairs for the same TLC.

Description of Work
Took a rickety, falling-apart dining-room chair and made it good again.

07/23/2013

Isabelle B.

Price was right, timing was right and quality was great! Would use them again and definitely would recommend them.

Description of Work
refinished 2 end tables