Clyde S Walton Inc

Founded 1921 • With Angi since February 2004

P.O. Box 1669 400 S. Broad St

Lansdale, PA 19446

Walton serves the residents of Bucks and Montgomery counties with fuel, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. For reliable automatic delivery of high quality heating oil and propane, expert repair by certified technicians, top quality heating and cooling equipment, and caring customer service, contact us today. We'll show you how to use less fuel and make your heating oil bills easier to manage. We install all major brands of equipment, and we offer 24-hour emergency repair service....

06/16/2022

Kayla S.

We started smelling oil outside our home and called Walton’s to investigate (we had a service plan with them). The technician who came out told us we legally had to have the tank removed that day due to the amount it was leaking and was surprised at the amount of rust on the tank. The tank had severe corrosion, pitting, rust, and leakage. Our oil tank obviously wasn’t inspected thoroughly at our yearly servicing that happened just a few months prior. After the removal, we were sent an invoice for the removal costs as well as an estimate for the installation of a new tank. The estimate for installation also included removal costs. We called multiple times to verify that was correct and that we wouldn’t need to pay the initial invoice balance if we chose to use their service for the new tank. However after the installation work was done, we were told actually we did have to pay the initial invoice. We would not have gone with Walton’s for the installation of a new tank if we knew that was the case, which based on our multiple assurances sounds a lot like fraud. We tried to resolve this issue and come to an agreement multiple times but consistently dealt with unresponsive people like Michael Smuda and Chris Walton. After Chris Walton called to deliver an ultimatum (pay or be sent to collections) after not getting back to us for over a month like he said he would, we were getting ready to take this issue to small claims court as we still feel wronged by this company. We decided to pay it just to be done and have switched to a much better local company. This was by far the biggest issue we dealt with at Walton’s, but certainly not the only one. We hope never to have to do business with a company that clearly lacks integrity like Walton’s again.

Description of Work
Oil tank removal and replacement

06/11/2019

Kristine C.

Very well...every technician is well trained and professional.

Description of Work
Air conditioning tune up

05/03/2019

Dr. Howard S.

Fabulously! I have been a client for decades and would never consider negating my relationship with Walton's, the family, the staff, and the technicians!

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Service

07/24/2018

Donna M.

The technician was on time, pleasant and professional. I would definitely recommend the company.

Description of Work
Annual service for furnace and a/c u its.

07/08/2018

Karin W.

Awesome. Jason, our tech, was on time and friendly.

Description of Work
HVAC yearly maintenance

04/09/2018

Janet R.

Technician was on time, thorough and professional.

Description of Work
Annual heater maintenance.

01/15/2018

jeff R.

From pre-sale to installation, the team at Clyde S Walton did fantastic job. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
We had our HVAC replaced.

01/02/2018

Janet R.

Quick response time and correct repairs done

Description of Work
repair to my oil heater

11/21/2017

Max B.

Everything went as they said it would. No issues whatsoever.

Description of Work
Hired Walton to replace our furnace and heat pump. They gave the best price and were very responsive to questions. The installers were prompt, polite and very clean. I would highly recommend them to others in the area.

10/16/2017

Robyn F.

The employee was here within two hours of my phone call to the company. He was thorough, professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Just a check of our new A/C system.

10/03/2017

Dr. Howard S.

My technician, John, is excellent in the field. Personable; answers all questions directly and proficiently! I have never been disappointed during my relationship with my Walton "Family." No one does it better!

Description of Work
Yearly heating tune-up!

07/21/2017

PATRICIA W.

They do my heater, and they did install a new air conditioner here. I think they were only here a day for the installation. They did show me how to install the unit. I'm going to say it was three or four workers out.

Description of Work
They installed a new air conditioner.

05/19/2017

Karin W.

Tech was on time, knowledgable, friendly and professional. Was at the house for a little over an hour and both the heating and A/C units were completely checked up and maintained.

Description of Work
Called for a yearly HVAC Unit check - heat and a/c. Easy to make the appointment, had a $20 off coupon.

05/18/2017

Jim R.

Today Bill and Tristan installed our new Lennox System for our heating and air conditioning. They did everything right, from arriving on time, explaining exactly what they were going to be doing, keeping me updated throughout the day, walking me thru how to maintain the air handler (in the basement) and the outside unit, to programming the new thermostat. They even repaired and reinstalled the existing Humidifier from Carrier as part of the install. All was cleaned up when they were done, and everything related to the previous system was removed. So all went extremely well, and that is a good start, I expect the high quality and level of service to continue.

Description of Work
Replace 15 year old Carrier Heat Pump/AC

04/17/2017

Susan R.

Perfect I would recommend to everyone who is looking for professional quality service.

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance and oil delivery

02/22/2017

Linda P.

I didn't know I was under an limited warranty, because I got it from another company. They checked it, and it was. There was no charge to fix the fan. They went above and beyond. I was happy.

Description of Work
My fan was making funny noises, and they came out and fixed it.

02/22/2017

Linda P.

I am happy with them. If I have any problems, I am on the priority list, if my heat shuts down. Its not the price you go by. Its are they going to come in the middle of the night, when my heat goes out. That's more important to me. They even put slippers on their feet, to walk around the house. They are good, prompt, local, and they have been around for a long time. They are nice, they are local.

Description of Work
Cleaned my heat pump, and the fan. Ordered some filters for me.

02/21/2017

LOUISE F.

I'd give them an A for everything. Their service is very reliable and high quality and they know what they're doing. For heater maintenance, it takes them a couple of hours. For oil, they do it just automatically and I don't have to be home for them to do it.

Description of Work
I use Clyde S. Walton. They brought oil recently.

01/16/2017

HOWARD B.

Technician arrived when the caller said he would. Technician assessed the site. Technician tested the part. Determined the cause. Discussed the problem and the cost / availability of the part. After we approved, the part was installed. Waited for the part to work. The call was 30 minutes total.

Description of Work
We had no heat in one zone of our house. Base board heat and hot water were fine. There was cold air blowing out of our air vents in the ceiling.

12/08/2016

John C.

Project went just fine. Our decision in picking Walton was not based solely on price but also their reputation in the area and what they could offer after all was done. We used them once before in getting our old air conditioner fixed and were impressed . Rated Quality a "B" because a mistake was made in wiring our units but Walton came out immediately, acknowledged the problem and fixed it immediately. In the next couple of days their top technician came out and reinspected everything. Mistakes happen but more than pleased on how they handled it.

Description of Work
Needed to replace our HVAC system (heater, blower, A/C and thermostat)

11/26/2016

David B.

Great service. Immediate response. Very savvy tech.

Description of Work
Heater repair.

10/03/2016

Laura B.

I've had the same issue with my AC for the past 2 years...Walton is the original installer of the unit from 2012 so I have felt that for warranty reasons I should use them to service it. I've paid for several possible "fixes" to my problem only to find the original problem re-occurs again within a couple months. This happened again about two weeks ago...a tech was sent out who once again didn't know what was causing the AC to stop cooling. He called support and then I believe they were going to call the manufacturer for guidance. About 10 days later, it stopped cooling again and they sent the same tech back to replace another part that they thought might solve the problem. Now it is fall so I am not using the AC...so I can't say whether or not this part is the solution or not. I probably won't know until next year. In the meantime, I received (2) bills today...the first one for $180 for the day he came and didn't know what the problem was... and then another bill for $423 for the possible solution. Over $600 billed for what may or may not have been the problem. I am not a happy customer. I paid for previous parts that might have been the issue and weren't and now another $600?!?! Unless these bills are adjusted or the repairs is guaranteed, I will not be using Walton again.

Description of Work
I do not feel that enough effort was put forth to solve the problem from the beginning. Things were replaced and I was billed and the problem persisted. The icing on the cake was another $600 that I have to spend for a possible solution.

09/27/2016

Mike S.

Very well. No issues. Very courteous, came on-time, and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Cleaning & replace parts covered under our contract.

09/06/2016

James S.

The Walton's sales rep came promptly when scheduled to review the house and proposed installation. The representative was professional, amicable and provided a detailed estimate within a week unlike several others. The price was excellent and the recommended equipment was impressive as it had both a variable speed compressor and air handler along with a high SEER/EER. After sending in my deposit, a technical representative came over and went over the whole installation in detail. He listened carefully and fully considered my concerns and suggestions. I was completely satisfied with the final plan and confident the installation would meet my requirements. This was a VERY difficult project as it required installing ducts runs down through the second floor closets to the first floor in both the old and new parts of the house. The installers, Billy, Zach and Colin, arrived on time as scheduled. We again went over the proposed plan and they were very attentive, discussing each of my concerns until we arrived at a suitable solution. The installation proceeded with the staff of three returning each day on time. They were extremely polite, professional, and willing to discuss fully any of the difficult multiple issues that arose to ensure we obtained the best possible solution. As a result of the complexity, the installation took longer than expected and it did stop for a number of days as they attended to other scheduled work. This was somewhat disappointing but fully understandable. After some prompting on my part they returned and complete the installation. The crew was outstanding; you will not find better. Among other things, they were meticulous about keeping things clean which was very difficult with all the cutting, drilling and running of ducts. In fact, I have never seen better. The workmanship was excellent and the system works perfectly. Overall, Walton's was outstanding - look no further.

Description of Work
Walton's installed a 2 zone central air conditioning system in my house parts of which were 90 and 25 years old.

08/31/2016

Ron P.

Our system failed late on a Friday night. When we awoke on Saturday morning it was clear our AC was not working. The temperature was soon to rise to 95 degrees. We had previously contacted Walton to give us an estimate for replacement of both systems. Not knowing how quickly we could get a replacement I called the representative who had given us the estimate. Although it was a weekend and he was at the shore with his family, he responded. The following Monday I went to the Walton office in Lansdale and paid for the systems to include the fee from the township which they had already calculated. The entire week was in the nineties and despite the extreme heat both systems were replaced and working by weeks end.

Description of Work
Replaced both Heating and Cooling Systems with a new Lennox Oil Burner and Lennox 2 1/2 ton AC Unit. Removed all old units and fixed or replaced damaged drain lined, duct work.