Rick Brown General Contractor LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since February 2011

All work performed and completed by owner & operator Rick since 2006. We are experienced in any interior projects. Kitchen and Bathroom remodeling is our specialty as well as crown molding and painting. Small Jobs are welcome! Licensed In Pa and NJ. You Can View My Facebook Page At Rick Brown General Contracting LLC...

+37 more images

home remodeling (15)drywall (13)interior painting (9)flooring (9)tile installation (7)woodworking (5)electrician (5)ceiling fan installation (3)wallpaper removal (3)basement remodeling (2)handyman (2)professional organizers (1)

03/05/2021

Laura P.

Excellent!!!!! Very Happy with the finished product. Thanks!

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 03/04/2021

09/04/2019

Ryan D.

This is the second major project I’ve hired Rick Brown for and I couldn’t be happier with the results! Rick performed the following services; complete demo of kitchen and bathroom, installation of cabinets, drywall removal and replacement, painting, tile installation, vinyl plank floor installation. Rick also did countless other small jobs during the renovation process that added the perfect finishing touches! He is totally self-directed and knows what needs to be done and does so in a timely manner. He is extremely professional and punctual and his prices are very fair. He is meticulous with his attention to detail and very clean. I am quite a particular person and could not be happier with the work Rick has done for me over the years. I am especially pleased with his work on this project!

Description of Work
Total renovation of kitchen and bathroom

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

Review for Rick Brown General Contractor LLC - 11 Boxwood Ln, Langhorne, PA - 38088889

01/25/2019

Ashley W.

Rick Brown is the most professional, talented, honest, considerate and hard working gentleman in this business. As a mother with two young children at home with a crazy schedule, he was always on time and so patient with my husband and I. His estimate and timeline was spot on. He would ask questions and provide recommendations to make our space safe and usable for our children and extended family. Each day after he left, you would have never known a contractor was in my house. He always cleaned up the work space! He surpassed our expectations and we cannot wait to have him come back for our next project.

Description of Work
I needed my basement finished (including electric, lighting, walls, doors, closets, flooring) and my office upgraded

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, home & garage organization, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/12/2018

04/08/2018

valerie S.

Rick did a wonderful job and I would hire again

Description of Work
dry wall- installed new doors - wall repairs

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/15/2018

03/28/2018

Rory M.

Rick recently remodeled our condo, and we couldn't be happier with the result. Throughout the entire process he was exceptionally easy to work with despite changes in scope along the way. At the outset, the place needed a lot of work. Rick gutted bathrooms and the kitchen, installed new floors, painted, trimmed, and installed new fixtures. I appreciated that all of the work was very clearly done with great attention to quality, and it shows in the final product. I felt that his estimates were fair which, along with the quality of work, was part of the reason we kept changing the scope to have him do more. I would definitely use Rick again, highly recommend!

Description of Work
A true craftsman

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

08/27/2017

Mary A.

Rick is extremely professional. He does excellent work! He showed up on time each day. He explained what he was going to do each day. The bedrooms are exactly how I wanted them to look. Extremely happy! I would definitely hire him again and would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
One of two bedrooms needed total remodeling which included drywall, doors, ceiling fan, new switches, laminate flooring and painting, and molding. The other bedroom needed the closest finished with bifold door, flooring, drywall, and molding.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

08/12/2017

George D.

Excellent! His work is top-notched, performed in a timely manner, and priced very fairly. He is very conscientious about minimizing construction dust/dirt, using plastic sheeting to contain it. Since we have used him on two separate occasions, it is evident that we would use him again, and would highly recommend his services to others.

Description of Work
Rick performed ceiling repair on two separate occasions for us. First occasion was when a different contractor was in our attic and accidentally placed weight on a bedroom air conditioning vent box attached to the ceiling below. This caused a large stress crack in the ceiling below. Rick had to replace approximately 4 square feet of drywall in the ceiling, spackle, prime, and paint it. The second occasion is when I was in the attic and accidentally slipped and my foot went thru the foyer ceiling. Again Rick needed to replace a section of ceiling drywall, spackle, prime and paint it.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 08/12/2017

12/27/2016

Eileen H.

He showed up on time each day, extremely professional. He explained everything that needed to be done at the beginning of the job and how he was going to accomplish this. The work was done in a very timely manner and the workmanship was meticulous. The end result was better than I could have expected and I have high expectations! Would hire again.

Description of Work
Remodeling of my entire main bathroom. This included walls, ceiling and floors being removed and replaced.

Work Completed On 12/17/2016

10/28/2016

karen K.

This job completely exceeded my expectations. From the quoting process, the planning, the start of the job, the duration and completion. Rick is by far very honest, meticulous, punctual, easy going and respectful of others' property. Most of all, his work is beautiful! I also asked him for additional small items to add to the project and he was very accommodating and happy to do it. Rick gives contractors a good name! I will use his services for other remodeling projects in the future and would recommend him to anyone!!!

Description of Work
Two bathrooms remodeled. Window sill replaced, Drywall replaced from old leak and mold removed. Entire interior paint job, including ceiling. Shelf built for cable box above TV mounted tot the wall.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/18/2016

07/04/2016

jeffrey D.

We have used Rick a few times. He is punctual and fair and does fine work.

Description of Work
Spackle and trim and drywall repair.

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

07/03/2016

Rita S.

Rick suggested taking the subway tile backsplash and used it to frame the window over the sink up to the ceiling. This is the focal point of my kitchen. He made several suggestions about the floor, window seat, recessed lighting and the backsplash. Rick's craftsmanship was excellent, his price very competitive, as I had received several estimates. He was on time, and let me know what to expect and when each item would be complete. Rick let me know any areas he felt I should obtain anther contractor for, such as plumbing. The next 2 projects are the garage which Rick is starting soon and the main bathroom. I highly recommend Rick for any of your construction needs. I do not have anything negative to say about the construction of my kitchen.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen gutted and re-built.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/20/2015

06/28/2016

KATHY D.

Tile floor in sunroom turned out great, grout lines looked perfect. Great job fixing nail pops and existing holes from pictures and shelves. Walls and ceiling looked like new wall board when painted. Baseboards cut to perfect angles. All work was done in a timely manner. We were thrilled with the new look of our sunroom. Deck, side rails, and sidewalk were pressure washed removing all dirt and stains. Rick Brown was knowledgeable and professional. We would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

Description of Work
Removed existing ceramic tile floor in sunroom. Installed new tile floor, prepped and painted walls and ceiling, installed new baseboards. Also, pressure washed deck and sidewalk.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, wallpaper removal, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/31/2016

06/10/2016

Bryan R.

Out of all the contractors I have used, I feel most comfortable with Rick doing anything I need inside of the home. For the quality of work he does, his prices are very good. He does the job right the first time even if it requires him to make an extra run to the home improvement store not to splice a piece of trim together or stay a little late to get the job done. He is always on time and in communication during the many projects he has done for me. I have recommended Rick to my co-workers which have also been satisfied with his work.

Description of Work
We bought a fixer upper in 2013 and Rick has worked on many projects including new bathrooms, closets, tearing down and replacing walls, drywall, painting and installing ceiling fans over the past 2 1/2 years. Last year we took a break from home improvements, but he'll be back to do the Kitchen.

Category drywall, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/15/2015

06/09/2016

Michelle D.

Rick Brown is a meticulous, diligent, and skilled worker. His paint work is impeccable, lines are perfectly level and clean. He takes the time to do the job correctly and offers options to do the job more efficiently and correctly, without "up selling". One of the fans he installed was making a very slight noise and it seemed a little unbalance, but it was hardly noticeable. Rick was not satisfied (I was fine with it), he took the fan back and exchanged it twice until we got a perfect fan. He is very neat and courteous. I never have to worry the house will be left a mess or stuff everywhere. When the job is more than one day, he leaves all his stuff neatly in one spot. Rick Brown will be doing our next painting project.

Description of Work
Rick Brown painted our staircase (steps and spindles) and trim molding in several rooms. In the past two years Rick Brown has also painted five different rooms in our home(which included removing wallpaper in one of them), resurfaced our ceiling in our foyer and replaced 3 ceiling fans.

Category drywall, remodeling, wallpaper removal, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/22/2016

06/07/2016

Jamie Z.

I have had Rick do a number of renovations at my property. As always Rick did a great job with my most recent bathroom project. He was always on time. He always kept the work area neat during the process. We had an issue with our tile order, he was very understanding with the tile stores delay. Rick shows exceptional attention to detail. He always communicates our options clearly and always returns calls and emails. The final product came out excellent and the price was fair. Bathroom was totally transformed. As always were very satisfied.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel to our full spare bath. To the studs.

Work Completed On 06/06/2016

06/01/2016

Wendi F.

I had already purchased the flooring and needed help with installation. Rick did the job quickly and neatly. He was there when he said he would be there and if there was anything to clean up at the end of the day, ti was cleaned up. The work was done quickly, neatly and done to above my expectations!!!

Description of Work
A new floor was installed with all of the trim and other needed pieces to complete the job.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling

Work Completed On 03/28/2016

11/27/2015

Matt C.

Description of Work
Dry walled trimmed insulated and painted a room plus painted an additional 5 rooms.

Category drywall, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/23/2014

11/17/2014

Matt C.

Description of Work
Rick came in and replaced all of the drywall and insulation in a 12 x 11 room. Taped, spackled, trimmed and painted. He also painted and touched up the rest of the house. He was on time every day, and worked a full day. He even came on the weekend when needed. He did a great job.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2014

05/31/2014

Dena U.

Description of Work
We have hired Rick for many different projects. The first was Spring 2009 to remodel our master bathroom. Rick was prompt, professional, on-budget and trustworthy. The bathroom was completed in just over 3 weeks time - no small feat when you consider it was taken down to the studs and included electrical work. At the end of each day Rick left practically no mess and let us know what our expectations should be for the following day's work. Since then we have contracted Rick several times - once for insurance-related repairs. Projects include - installation of crown molding and trim, repair drywall from window leaks (added on removal of wallpaper and refinishing the walls) and flooring replacement (removed damaged Pergo and installed Allure flooring in kitchen). Not only is Rick reliable but he's always thinking of the homeowner when he's making budgetary recommendations. His suggestion are always pressure-free. Thankfully we haven't needed Rick over the last few years, but it's good to know that when we do have projects we have someone we can count on!

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, wallpaper removal, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/02/2012