HOME ONE HOME IMPROVEMENTS

Founded 2005 • With Angi since June 2010

Your home is your most valuable financial investment. At Home One, we believe in taking care of your home, with the same care as if it was our own. Fully insured , our Home Experts are highly skilled craftsmen who specialize in small home repairs and medium sized home improvements. We offer free estimates*, a guaranteed price, and a trusted name in the home repair industry. Our expertise spans a broad range of home repairs, so if you need something fixed, improved, installed, repaired, replaced, built, or changed, our Home Experts are ready to help. And with our Always Home On Time program, you are guaranteed we will arrive at your home when scheduled. Customer loyalty is our #1 priority, and with the Your Home, Your Way program, you can be confident that all our work will be done to your complete satisfaction. Our 5 Star Guarantee: • 100% Work Satisfaction • Always Home On Time • Same Day Return Calls • Price Guarantee • Fully Insured & Bonded...

Handicap Ramps

+5 more images

4.4

handyman (27)drywall (15)woodworking (9)electrician (9)plumbers (8)door installation (6)roofing (6)interior painting (5)home remodeling (4)window replacement (4)lighting (4)flooring (4)

03/18/2021

Kim R.

they were there within a day with a quote, whole job finished within two weeks from time of quote. mobile home driveway/ entrance.

Description of Work
road paving

Category chimney repair, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 03/18/2021

Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your business.

12/19/2019

Tom H.

The company owner, Tom, came out to my home as scheduled, took pictures, looked over the work that I wanted done, took some measurements and then said he would work up an estimate for me. I told him that we were essentially ready to move forward, provided the price was reasonable. He advised that it probably wouldn’t be until after the holidays, which was understandable. About a week after our initial meeting, I sent the owner Tom, an email to follow up and forwarded along some pictures of what I wanted done in the bathrooms and living room. After about a week after that email, and getting no response, I called their office but did not get an answer, so I left a message stating that I had sent and email and was now calling trying to get a timeline for when he might have the estimate prepared. Just like my email, that phone message also went unanswered. I called the following week and spoke with the office receptionist who advised me that she was going to let Tom know I had called and was looking for the estimate... 1 week later and still no phone call or email. I called again and spoke to the same receptionist who again told me that she was going to let Tom know I called. I told her that if he wasn’t able to get an estimate over to me within the next few days that he could disregard, as we were going to have to look at other contractors. It’s been 4 days since that last phone call, and to date, I never received a response to my email or any one of my phone calls. Horrible customer service. I’m not sure how they manage to stay afloat if they don’t even have the decency to return a phone call or an email. A simple update (although a month to get a written estimate over to a client, is ridiculous) would have gone a long way. I can’t imagine what the service would have been like had I allowed them to come into my house and start tearing down walls and then hoping that they showed up on the job site the next day.

Description of Work
Master Bedroom / bathroom / living room remodel

Category remodeling

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication and can't explain why your messages were not returned. We would certainly like to earn your business and regain your trust. If you would like to proceed with us, please contact our office at 717-581-3474 and we will hopefully be able to rectify the situation. If you do not wish to move forward with us, we would certainly understand that as well.

12/14/2018

david C.

I was told he would not come out for a small project. Asked me to take pix and send to him. He sent me an invoice to sign for $450. I found someone else to do project. The new handyman actually came out to see what the damage was.

Description of Work
wood rot on exterior door

Category doors

Work Completed On 12/14/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed]. We do apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. However, you are located outside our primary service area and it not practical for us to give an onsite proposal on smaller jobs that are located that far away from our office; we would have to charge too much to cover our overhead expenses to do so. Hence, we ask customers to provide pictures of the work so we can give an offsite estimate and make it more economical for them. Again, we do wish we could have served you but certainly understand why you decided not to use us. Thank you for considering us and hopefully you will think about using our services again in the future.

10/26/2018

GLORIA D.

Wonderful! Very professional contractors. Left areas clean when work completed. Would definitely have them back for any other projects we have

Description of Work
Dry wall repair, installed out door light post, replaced out door molding and minor fence repair

Category drywall, fencing, lighting

Work Completed On 01/07/2019

07/17/2018

Eileen H.

Great! I am very happy with the job they did. It looks beautiful. Very professional. Very friendly. New floor was installed, vanity, lighting, toilet and room was painted. Love it.

Description of Work
Powder room remodel.

Category electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope we have another opportunity in the future.

12/11/2017

patrick L.

This job went as planned -- on time, friendly, reasonable price, and quality work. Would definitely recommend for future use.

Description of Work
Picked this company off Angies List. They were punctual in coming to house and providing estimate for the job, which was reinforcing a support in the basement that had been severed by earlier provider on remodel of house a few years ago.

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

Thank you for the excellent review. We greatly appreciate the kind remarks and look forward to helping you again in the future. Home One Home Improvements

08/07/2017

John T.

We had contacted numerous companies to get an estimate for the work we wanted to get done. Only one other company made an appointment with us and then they never showed up! Tom was very accommodating and quick to respond to any questions or additional work we added to the job. He informed me that one of the reasons he went into business for himself was that he had issues getting people to respond to his requests for help and was astonished at how difficult it was to find true customer satisfaction. All of the worker's, Dan, Josh, Ian, Hank Mike, Drew, Patrick and Mike were extremely easy to get along with and did everything in their power to ensure we were satisfied with they work they performed. Thank you to all of you! We were so pleased with Home One that we've scheduled two other jobs for them to do at our house!! Thanks Tom for having such a genuine interest in providing the ultimate in customer service!!!

Description of Work
Remove and replace the drywall in our family room ceiling and hallway. Painted the ceiling, family room and hallway. Installed new electrical outlets, foyer light, attic access panel and recessed lighting.

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/14/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working for you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

05/22/2017

John P.

Great. Was done in a timely manner and pricing was reasonable. Staff was friendly and courteous.

Description of Work
Window replacement, asbestos tile replacement, stairs reinforced, glass replaced.

Work Completed On 05/22/2017

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

04/26/2017

Joseph B.

They were professional and remained within the estimated price. Work was scheduled and completed promptly.

Description of Work
Created a laundry center and made a dryer vent. Also installed a new door.

Category remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

Thank you so much for the positive review. It was a pleasure to work for you and look forward to working for you again in the future.

01/04/2017

Matthew R.

Our experience with HomeOne was excellent. They were quick to come to our home to answer all the questions we had. They listened to our wants and needs and also made many valuable suggestions that we would not have thought of ourselves. Because of their attention to detail and responsiveness and professionalism, my fiance and I were lucky enough to transform our home (kitchen specifically) into everything we had imagined. The process of working with HomeOne was smooth and easy and they delivered on everything they promised they would.

Description of Work
My fiance and I bought our first house and it was built in 1978 and had never been renovated. We needed someone to help guide us through the renovation process.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

Review for HOME ONE HOME IMPROVEMENTS - 2600 LITITZ PIKE, Lancaster, PA - 34235064

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]. We greatly appreciate your feedback as well as the opportunity to work with you.

12/05/2016

Laurie T.

The work done was fine and in a timely manner. However, I received an incorrect bill of $249. They had invoiced a new mailbox and post to me that they said had gone to another customer. My new "corrected" invoice was $165 because they told me there is a 2 hour minimum charge!!! They also included a $15 charge for an already opened bag of concrete they provided. No one ever said there was a 2 hour minimum charge when I asked for the work to be done. I would have had them do more chores! The job took between 30 and 45 minutes.

Description of Work
My mailbox was wobbly and I asked for them to dig a bigger hole and use a post I provided. They told me "no problem."

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 12/05/2016

02/16/2016

Scot F.

We purchased a home which needed some remodeling before moved in. Tom returned my email with a phone call right away. He worked around the previous homeowner's schedule in order to get the estimate completed. We got on the schedule and the work was completed with time to spare. The workers were all punctual, efficient, and polite. They cleaned up the work area after they finished. Tom was very upfront about some unknown/unexpected costs that might come up. Even accounting for those, the final cost was less than I expected. I'm very pleased and plan to work with them in the future as needs arise.

Description of Work
--removed a garage-conversion office including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc. --repaired a ceiling, added insulation, repaired drywall --installed four appliances --hauled away old building materials, appliances and carpet

Category drywall, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, plumbing, remodeling

Work Completed On 02/03/2016

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with the work and the overall experience you had with Home One. We appreciate the opportunity and look forward to working with you again in the future.

11/10/2015

charles D.

Received quote after they came out and and did a walk through with me. The gentlemen was very cordial and helpful. I received my quote by email and will consider all quotes I received and call once I consider.

Description of Work
I have received my quote and will consider and schedule if needed.

Work Completed On 11/11/2015

Thank you for sharing [Member Info Removed] and we hope to get the opportunity to perform the work for you. Sincerely, Home One Home Improvement Services

08/03/2015

Lamar S.

Very well! This is a kind, courteous and professional business.

Description of Work
Installed flooring lighting cabinets toilet mirror exhaust fan and vanity in my bathroom.

Category countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/18/2015

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you like your new bathroom and that you were happy with your experience. We appreciate the opportunity and look forward to working with you again in the future.

07/07/2015

Christopher M.

Tom, Roberta, Mike, and Jake were great. All phone calls were timely, professional, and super friendly. Roberta made me feel like we had known each other forever and we only communicated by phone a couple of times. Tom was the same way! So nice. Tom did the initial walk through for the estimate. He spent time getting to know what we needed, made suggestions, and was happy to help us. The estimate came back by email within the week and with accommodating our busy schedule, Tom had Mike and Jake come out as soon as possible to do the work. Mike and Jake were fantastic. Just like Tom and Roberta, they we so friendly and professional. All our requested work was completed that day. They took get care of working in our home and cleaning up. I also have to mention that we had a few extra items after scheduling the estimated work that we talked to Tom about and wanted advice on that were above and beyond the work requested. Mike was happy to take a look, give us advice, even helped take pictures for inspection purposes, and is willing to write up his recommendations for us to submit to the inspection company. I highly recommend Tom and his crew at Home One for work around your home.

Description of Work
We had a variety of fixes that needed attention. We had several drywall cracks that needed repaired, pantry door hinges replaced, a bedroom door realigned, paint removed and clean up on and around the entry way 2 story windows, bee hives removed from the house.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 07/06/2015

Thank you for your review. We are glad you were happy with all the work and look forward to working with you again in the future.

06/19/2015

Cameron F.

The work was done on time, on budget and professionally. I have been using these folks for 8 years and they have done a number of large and small jobs for me. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Home One installed a custom tiled shower for us in our guest quarters. That work included demolition of the old shower, prep work and final installation.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

Work Completed On 04/24/2015

Thank you for the kind words [Members Name]. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Home One.

11/10/2014

Kerri K.

I called HomeOne to setup a time to get an estimate to get some drywall repaired in my home and at an investment property. I set up the time for someone to meet me at my house for Thursday, November 6. I waited around and the time came and went and no one showed. I tried calling HomeOne to verify that I had the correct date and time. I left a voice message because no one answered, even though it was the middle of the work day. I have not yet received a phone call back from HomeOne.

Description of Work
I wanted to get an estimate to have some drywall repaired in my home and at an investment property.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 11/03/2014

After reaching back out to us you had responded by stating "My follow up phone call was on November 6 around 10:15am, thinking I scheduled the estimate for Thursday, November 6. Thanks for calling with the communication issues, but I have gone with another company for the work." Again we apologize for any miscommunication on our end and hope that if there is any future work you may consider Home One.

07/28/2014

Sara S.

Everything went really well except for the few weeks prior to the date of service. I was having a hard time getting the worker to give me a time frame as to when they could expect the parts to arrive. A few of my inquiries went unanswered which got to be frustrating, and this was after paying a third of the estimate upfront. When the two workers arrived they were prompt, kind, and responsive to our concerns and expectations. Their quality of work was high and we are very happy with how everything turned out!

Description of Work
Installed and removed 5 new windows and installed an attic skylight window.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, skylights

Work Completed On 07/07/2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are hoping you are enjoying your new windows and skylights. We are sorry that trying to get a date for the parts arrival was frustrating. As it was on our end. When ordering certain items we are unfortunately at the mercy of the distributors as well. But in the end glad everything turned out well.

06/23/2014

David P.

They did a good job but they were not reliable. We just had to keep calling them to get them back to get it finished and that is one thing I didn't care about.

Description of Work
I used Home One. They tore one wall apart and put drywall it and then they skim cut the rest of walls to make them smooth.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 05/06/2014

We are sorry that our relationship was strained through communication. We are glad that the work was done well and will continue to make sure that we are prompt with our responses to all customers.

06/23/2014

James H.

This company is amazing. They are so professional and customer service oriented. We have hired them for two big jobs and other small jobs. They always do what they say they will do and fix anything we are unsatisfied with. We are on a tight budget and Tom was very accommodating and let us do what we could ourselves. That saved us money, but we still got a professional to do the important parts of the job. Our bathroom looks amazing.

Description of Work
We had Home One redo our bathtub and shower area. They put in a new tub and tiled for us. Because of the size of our old tub, they had to try something new and build a little shelf to make up for the size difference with the new tub.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/08/2014

Thank you for your great review. We hope that you are able to enjoy the bathroom for a long time!

06/11/2014

Jennifer M.

Everything was good. They were very professional and prompt.

Description of Work
We hired them for dry wall patching.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 04/30/2014

Thank you for completing a review with us. We are glad that we were able to meet the expectations and deliver for you. We look forward to completing more projects with you!

06/02/2014

TANYA H.

Projects required two guys for two days and one for the final day. Mike who was here for all three days did a fantastic job. I felt he truly cared about the end result which looks great. His attention to the details made for proffesional looking renovation. I'm very happy with how everything turned out and would not hesitate to hire these guys again.

Description of Work
Install wood laminate flooring on stairs, foyer and closet. Remove old base trim and install new in foyer and stairs. Install decorative riser inserts on stairs. Install hand railings. Remove spindles on half-wall. Install new door knobs in bedrooms, bathrooms and closets. Install new cabinet doors and hardware in main bathroom.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling