PENNSPECT LLC Testing & Inspections

Founded 2014 • With Angi since February 2015

We are a full service inspection company. Our services include: General Home Inspections, Termite & Wood Destroying Insect inspections, Radon Gas Testing, Water Quality Testing, and Septic System Evaluations. We provide our clients with a custom, detailed home inspection report, complete with photos, within 24 hours of their home inspection. Radon gas testing, and water testing results are made available in a very timely manner. We are certified, and fully insured for all services provided....

Mountain Environmental & Radon Services

With 20 years of experience within the Environmental industry our company comes to you with the expertise and professionalism that is expected. We are licensed through the PA Department of Environmental Protection in radon monitoring, certified asbestos building inspector, management planner, lead based paint inspector/risk assessor. Our technicians are experienced in performing residential/commercial/institutional air quality surveys. Just in the last two years we have performed hundreds of surveys for both homeowners and commercial clients. In 2019 we proud to have completed 207 mold remediation projects with a zero rate of return. All jobs were completed the correct way the first time!

05/23/2017

Syed H.

Went very well. Dewey was very patient in answering all our questions as he was doing the inspection. Explained in detail everything he was checking. We would hire Dewey again if needed. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
We had home inspection done at the property we are buying and we hired Pennspect (Dewey) to do the inspection. Dewey was very helpful, flexible and understanding to our needs. Did a very through job and provided a very detailed report covering everything in the house. Not a single thing was left to chance. House was checked for structural integrity (roof, siding, doors, windows, etc.) electrical, water testing, plumbing, septic tank, radon and things I can't remember right now.

05/20/2017

Richard B.

Good.questions were answered on site. Follow up questions encouraged.

Description of Work
Septic, porch, roof.

02/11/2017

Courtney F.

Very well! The inspector was very thourough and explained everything to me as he went through the house. I had the official report the next day.

Description of Work
I need an inspection completed on a house I had put an offer on.

02/10/2017

Michael B.

I'm a weekend warrior type, so my knowledge base on home repair isn't incredibly deep, but if there is a job to be done I'll at least try it. I'm also a busy medical professional with two small kids and the last thing I want is to do is home repair on my precious weekends. That's why for me, I wanted a good, thorough home inspection. This was my second home purchase in 10 years and my experience from my first was very wanting. Sounds harsh, but I was relieved when I heard that the inspector for the first home had moved far away. I was given a choice by my realtor between two inspectors of which I had never heard before. A bit of online research drew me to Dewey and all I can say is that it was the right decision. Competent, knowledgeable and professional are all the ways that I would describe him. He attended to every detail; flipped every switch, turned every knob, opened every door, checked every filter, swung every gate and generally left no stone left unturned. As we walked around the house he explained what he was looking for and why we were looking for it. He genuinely took the time to figure out a fairly complex heating system, where I think most inspectors would just say "Ask the homeowners." He never made me feel like I couldn't ask questions and his explanations were never too technical, even for those who may be unfamiliar with the many different home components. Also, his report turnaround was very fast and detailed. He used a camera to take pictures of whatever items that may be of concern and used them in the report he sent to me the very next morning. There were circles and arrows to draw attention to specific details and caught a few things that I would've missed, even if I were the homeowner. He brought attention to two issues and recommended that we consider having a professional come out to evaluate before the purchase of the property. This is again, something some home inspectors would not necessarily do. Overall, I can't recommend Dewey and Pennspect enough. He really helped to alleviate some of the stress from our home purchase and I hope he can do the same for you. Thanks Dewey!

Description of Work
A thorough home inspection.

Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Check