Blitz Pet Professionals

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2011

1228 Potters Ln

Kintnersville, PA 18930

All levels in dog behavior and training. Free evaluations within service areas. Lifetime Guarantee. Competition and Companions. Extreme aggression, rehabilition, 100% satisfaction!...

08/16/2019

Lindsay V.

My husband and I reached out to Sondra when we started noticing aggression and fear in our rescue GSD puppy. We had tried multiple other trainers before coming to Sondra, and were extremely concerned by the time we reached out to her. Nothing seemed to be working for us, and Regan was definitely escalating her aggression. I cannot say how thankful I am that we did. We learned how to handle Regan in all situations, and set her up for success. Definitely as much people training as dog training, which is exactly what we needed. I never thought I would get here, but after a few months of training I am completely hopeful and excited for our future together. Regan is beautifully trained and we receive compliments everywhere we go. Regan is calm and confident. She has a job now, and all of her needs are being met. Do not hesitate to contact Blitz Pet Professionals. It will be the best decision you ever make. This will truly change you and your dog's life. I have never met someone as good at dog behavior and training as Sondra (and I have been surrounded by animals my entire life). She has a true gift. Call her today!!!!

Description of Work
Dog Training

04/06/2018

James L.

Sondra is fantastic in training both the dogs and the dog handlers. We get compliments on the behavior of our dogs by friends, family and people we come across when walking our dogs. Sondra quickly assessed our situation and developed a training program. We signed a year contract and worked with Sondra on weekends throughout the year. After a year we continue our training and have a goal of achieving a Schitzhund BH certificate and compete one of our GSD's. I highly recommend Sondra as a trainer. Several friends have contacted Sondra for their training needs as well.

Description of Work
We needed help training our 2 5-month old GSD's

01/30/2017

Denice M M.

We have had serval trainer over the years with our dog and found Sondra though our son and she is the best we have ever had. We strongly recommend Blitz and Sondra.

Description of Work
Training of three Labadore Retreviers Two two year and a five year u

02/26/2015

Lynne K.

She is wonderful. I use her a lot for my dos. She is a pet professional as well as a K9 who helped train out dog to become such a loving family dog. I highly recommend her. She spends a lot of time with the dogs. I like that she trains us, as the owners, before she trains the dogs. it helps us be apart of things and helped break our adopted dog from his bad behavior. She also does full lifetime training sessions and anyone to go to help reinforce continuance training.

Description of Work
I used her about 2 years ago.We used her for dog training and dog grooming too, she id a beautiful job.

01/29/2015

Ashlea G.

Sondra is great. She and Diana came over to evaluate our dogs and by the end of the evaluation, we created a game plan and goal for our dogs. She helped us learn how to read, handle and correct our two large dogs. Both dogs had different issues, one was overly excited, anxious, would jump on people and we couldn't walk with him because he pulled (he walked us). Our other dog wouldn't settle around guests, wouldn't walk without aggressive barking towards other people and dogs and was overall a high maintenance dog. She has corrected all issues and took her time with teaching us how to handle our dogs. She guarantees all of her work, working with you and your dog for as long as needed. She is constantly in communication through text messaging and phone calls which is great. We did most of the training at our home and other training was done in a local park or at Palisades Middle School. She always took her time with explaining things even when she had to explain it to me 8 different ways and 10 different times. And just as a side note: she is great with kids and our two year old loves her.

Description of Work
Taught commands and corrected behavioral issues

09/26/2013

Regina P.

We had our dog for about two years. We were still having problems with him pulling on his lead which made our walks very unpleasant. He growled and snapped when someone got too close to his food bowl - not all the time time, but enough to make us nervous and he also was aggressive sometimes if he was sitting on a chair or bed and you wanted him to get off. We had already been through puppy training - with a trainer who specialized in animal behaviour. Then when things were not improving we went through two more trainers. Each time thinking eventually things would click, but he was still too much to handle and I didn't think more training was going to help. I felt we had gotten the wrong type of dog. When I saw Sondra's website, I decided to give it more more try. She came to the house and evaluated him in his own environment. Sondra was very direct and focused on the goals she was trying to accomplish with Jasper. She did not spend alot of time with him when she came and we were not involved in the training until about the last month which was totally different from what the other trainers were doing and I was skpetical, but we are very happy with the results. Our walks are now enjoyable. A huge improvement. I haven't had any issues with the aggression, but if they come up, I feel better prepared to handle them and not add to the problem. The price was more than the other trainers, but when I look at what we spent with the other three trainers, if I had just had Sondra to begin with I could have saved time and money.

Description of Work
We need training for our very hyper French Brittany.

07/31/2013

Donna K.

From the beginning I felt Sondra was very professional starting with an evaluation and a game plan just for us. All fazes of my dogs ability and training were outlined for me and a schedule of commitments were set up. Sondra was always building our bond as we went along. Zal has progressed beyond what I ever expected. We trained all thru chemo and radiation and surgeries never missing a beat with Sondra's guidance. And because of Sondra his loyalty and compassion for me and my family is amazing! I don't just have a well trained dog I have another family member. I highly recommend Sondra. :)

Description of Work
Sondra taught ME how to have the best possible relationship with a Malinois that anyone would enjoy. She was always positive, on key, aware and motivating all the way helping me through my challenges of having breast cancer and a puppy to train. He is a beautiful, well mannered, very obedient and a smart 'protection' dog who is completely trustworthy with my 2 yr old granddaughter.

01/17/2013

Catherine B.

Sondra not only had an immediate connection with our dog but he immediately calmed when he met her. We boarded him with her for 5 weeks of training. We boarded because the distance to our home was too great. The difference in the dogs behavior when we went to train with the dog was unbelievable. She is a wonderful and caring trainer. He is a family dog. Not a hunter or trained guard dog. We wanted him to behave but did not want his personality to change. We got everything we hoped for in spades.

Description of Work
Obedience training. Shepherd mix rescue dog. Sweet 9mo old dog but not able to control him

01/03/2013

susan B.

the story is done the work was not performed

Description of Work
I spoke to Sondra on 12/28/12 explaining my needs. We agreed i would email her with my contact info, which I did the next day. I did not hear from her, so I left a phone message with no response. I am very frustrated. I need a trainer.

Category dog trainers

unfortunate to respond i can not recall this occurrence, as also we are all very prompt to helping all we can, I am concluding that possibly someone had responded but unfortunately maybe did not leave a voice mail..just seems as a communication mishap. Not sure it deserves a rating like we did you wrong or did not finish a job properly..hoping you resolved your trainer search otherwise and the impatience did not hinder your next venture

10/25/2012

Patrick S.

After about two months of training, the difference was day and night. The trainer that we used was Sondra. She has a natural affinity towards animals, and they seem to tune in to her requests quickly. That translates into our ability to control the dog as she taught it.

Description of Work
I had a very aggressive rescue dog. He was aggressive towards other dogs. We used their service to get control over the dog and lower her regression.

10/15/2012

Lynne K.

He was a stuff dog to crack but Sondra did it and established a wonderful relationship with him. The remote collar training also works well with having a dog that has high prey tendencies. The remote collar has taught him to control his emotions and not go after deer & squirrel. Sondra has been working with us on and off for 8 months. Her training is guaranteed and works with clients until the dog is well trained.

Description of Work
We adopted an abused Australian Shepherd approximately 2 yrs ago. He had his honeymoon period then went crazy. We went through three other dog trainers/animal behaviorists until we found Sondra. She is highly trained in handling any situations. She continues to always have follow-up training sessions at the park twice a week. We would highly recommend Blitz Pet Professionals.

10/10/2012

Danielle K.

I found Sondra through her excellent reviews on Angie?s List. The day that I contacted her to schedule our consultation, a neighbor also gave me Sondra?s name as, unbeknownst to me, she is well known in our area for her dog training abilities. From the first moment we met her, we knew that she would be our trainer. Sondra exudes great confidence and a high level of knowledge and understanding of dog behavior. She is honest, straightforward, and compassionate. I can?t describe how shocked we were when our dog?s behavior changed (for the better!) from his first session with Sondra. He LOVES her and clearly enjoyed the training from day one. Sondra worked with him twice a week for a couple of months while my husband and I were at work- we felt completely comfortable having her in our home while we were away. Once she determined that he had been conditioned, I began training with Sondra as the main handler. Sondra worked with me each week to determine what times were convenient for me for the training. During these sessions, when I would get flustered, Sondra was very reassuring and took the time to work with me until I fully grasped whatever we were working on. My husband and I now go to weekly group dog training sessions (Sondra holds several after work hours and on Saturday so it?s easy to find one that fits your schedule.) I?m surprised by how much fun the group training sessions are and the other owners are incredibly nice and supportive. I have never felt that Sondra asked more of myself or my dog than was warranted- she does not set you up for failure but for success and each of these successes builds the confidence of both dog and handler. We could not be more pleased with Sondra and look forward to continuing our relationship with her, striving to make our dog happy and mentally healthy and his handlers confident in any situation that might arise. It?s a great feeling and we owe it all to Sondra!

Description of Work
Despite my husband’s warnings, I babied our rescue pit bull to the point where he started to become aggressive/protective when I was with him around other dogs and some people. I knew this behavior needed to be corrected ASAP and I needed to learn how to become a proper dog owner.

09/22/2011

Mari P.

Most dogs--sweet loveable ones, energetic exuberant ones, seemingly stubborn or unruly ones--big ones and small ones—all benefit from training. Whether you simply want to improve your pet’s manners, or are interested in specialized training such as that for hunting or personal protection, or canine obedience competition, you will accomplish your goals with fido or fifi more readily and enjoyably by engaging the assistance of the right professional trainer. Since dog trainers are not required to obtain a diploma or certification attesting to their competency or professionalism, it is often difficult to select the one that will best assist you in achieving the desired results. In essence, one that delivers what they promise. When we began our search for our Giant Schnauzer Oscar’s trainer, we asked these questions. Has the trainer completed a series of extensive courses in all phases of dog handling and psychology relevant to all breeds? Has he or she competed successfully under licensed canine judges in various disciplines? Are there multiple, readily available references from those whose dogs have been trained? Is the trainer a member in good standing of accredited professional canine associations/organizations? How many years has the trainer been in business? Does the trainer offer any type of guarantee? These questions and many more were answered affirmatively when we met Sondra Rolison, of Blitz Pet Professionals. Since beginning her career more than a dozen years ago she has established herself as one of the most successful and reputable trainers and handlers of all breeds in the Delaware Valley, and beyond. Evaluating, assessing and understanding each dog’s individuality, she tailors the training program to fit your dog and its unique character as it interfaces with you, its pack leader. Sondra involves herself at all levels of interaction to establish a partnership with the dog and its owner that sets benchmark goals. As a result of years of experience and study, she has become extraordinarily skilled in creating an “irreplaceable canine and human connection” that grows stronger with each training session focusing on positive, continuous support. A Blitz Pet Pros trained dog is trained for life…a life that is mutually enjoyed to the fullest by man and his/her best friend. Most people who meet our Oscar out and about or at home, say, “Wow, I wish my dog were that well trained.” Oscar is a typical Blitz Pet Pros trained dog, not an exception. With professional guidance from a trainer of Sondra’s caliber, and the owner’s consistency in maintaining her teaching strategies, your dog can be like Oscar. Nothing makes a person feel more proud than to have their dog’s behavior praised and admired by complete strangers!

Description of Work
Our parents always stressed the importance of good grooming—how it makes you look good, feel good and promotes good health. You know how great you feel after a spa treatment or a visit to your favorite salon or stylist? Well, your beloved canine companion, whether he or she be a huge St. Bernard, a Teacup size Yorkshire Terrier or a moderate size dog doesn’t feel any different than you do after a visit to the salon for a toes to nose grooming. We happen to be owned by Oscar, a Giant Schnauzer. And while he’s a breed that sheds relatively little, he does require quarterly visits to the groomer. Done correctly, all Schnauzers, not only Giants, grooming needs are quite specialized. Too often you see the body clipped or “mowed” as though it were a lawn, when stripping and blending is more appearance enhancing and less likely to produce skin irritations to which this breed is susceptible. Every dog is different, and this is especially evident when it comes to their appearance, and how their coat is styled. Have you ever seen a sign in front of a grooming shop, a listing in the yellow pages or on your pet supply store’s bulletin board that did not advertise “All Breed Grooming”? The truth is that while an establishment may offer to groom all breeds few are rarely trained in the subtleties and nuances of the correct procedures that will result in your dog looking his or her unique, breed specific best. A Schnauzer shouldn’t be mistaken for a Poodle or vice versa unless he or she is a Schnoodle. Even then, it should look like a Schnoodle. Shorthaired and smooth coated breeds also benefit from correct grooming. Regardless of coat length, or breed, it’s the details that make the difference between “ho hum” and “holy cow wow”. You may say, “Well my dog is just a pet, not a show dog.” That’s not entirely true. Every time you take your dog for a neighborhood walk or friends visit your home, your dog is on display, and you are “showing” him off to the world. A well groomed dog looks better and feels better, because he thrives on the attention of everyone who sees him. Dogs like people, know when they are being admired and praised for their beauty and style. Blitz Pet Professionals’ Sondra Rolison is best known throughout the Delaware Valley for her success as an all breed trainer, but not everyone knows how her seemingly magical scissors combs and special trimmers sculpt and transform a dogs coat into nothing less than a work of art, enhancing his best features and making him appear as a champion of his breed. Years of formal training, seminars, experience and professional mentoring by one of the all time great show groomers, Sarah Gestner, Standard Poodle hall of famer, laid the foundation, but her artistry is innate. There’s a lot more to a well groomed dog than bathing, brushing, clipping and nail trimming. It is as much an art as it is a skill, and Sondra continues to perfect that art, raising the bar every time she puts a dog on a grooming table. Whether you are owned by an Affenpinscher, a Bedlington or Cairn, an Airedale or a Wolfhound, your dog deserves to feel and look his best. When he looks his best, he makes you look your best. You are star and co-star. So, If your dog is not becoming to you, perhaps he should be coming to Blitz Pet Professionals!

09/15/2011

Janae B.

Wonderfully!!

Description of Work
For anyone looking for life-time guaranteed PROFESSIONAL dog training, look no farther!

09/06/2011

Aliceson M.

The experience has been a wonderful one. My husband got her number one day while driving behind her on his way home from work. See I had always wanted a German Shorthair pointer but I had also way underestimated the commitment a puppy of this bread would require. Max is his name and distruction and hyperactivity was his game because i didn't know what he needed. But after a phone call to Sondra we found out what we were lacking while caring for Max with love we lacked any real consistent structure for the dog and we didn't understand each other but through hours of Sondra training not only max but mostly me how to work with max we have come to a point where we can now enjoy each other.Thank you Sondra !!! Love, The Moretti Family

Description of Work
She does a free evaluation of the pet including a meet and great and full consultation to answer any questions you may have, very informative and extremely knowledgable, she does practically everything , she even teaches in several different languages. She will start as far back as helping you locate the proper animal for your family and environment and stick with you for a lifetime . Best of all the pets love her they are all so excited when they see her for a follow up .

08/16/2011

Gail F.

Dog Whisperer Extraordinaire, Sondra Rolison has managed to effectively train many threatened, developmentally disabled and other challenged canines. The hardest cases are her specialty. Of all her intriguing case histories, her work with one particular American Bulldog is truly memorable."Persilla," known as "Silla" is one such story. An abandoned junk-yard puppy, found at seven months, nearly blind from a congenital condition that turned her eyelid inside out, so impacted were these that opening her eyes was painful enough to make Silla wander the streets by smell alone. She knew only fear and a probable early separation from her mother added to the developmental deficit and inability to appropriately respond to stimuli. Picked up by a Animal Control Officer, Silla made her way into the hands of American Bull Dog Rescue Group, who paid for surgery to treat the eye disease, other medical costs to address the mange that covered her torso and legs and of course providing nutritional support to fatten up the trembling skeleton that they rescued. Slowly, her physical frailties improved and she became quite healthy and beautiful. The psychological scars went deep however and she had no ability to interact with people without her only defense mechanism: bluffing. She barked, feigned aggression, even would do running attacks and then retreat. Only one person with whom she bonded was permitted to have physical contact with her (her care giver) --everyone else either was bluffed into retreating or, failing that, Silla herself would then run away to the safest and furthest distance from any perceived threat. She had no desire to actually engage in violence of any kind. Even in her own territory, she would at first play the loud, scary dog card and if you still entered, it was time for Silla to hit the yard, ceding the territory to the well-meaning invaders. She was fearful of everyone, skiddish to an extreme, while always sending mixed signals about her fearful defensiveness coupled with her obvious desire to somehow bond and trust others--it seemed impossible though--to engage her in relationship of interactive development, love and solid training to habituate her to the chaos of stimuli for which she had no effective method of processing. Like an autistic child, she was 90% unreachable. Until Sondra entered the picture. Immediately, she was able to create a zone of interaction between herself and Silla. Insinuating herself directly into the mental universe of this neglected pup, she established a rapport and from there worked many short-term miracles, desensitizing Silla, reconditioning her, acclimating her to individuals and groups through a planned itinerary of exercises and novel environments, always building on the establishment of trust and expectation. Using other well-socialized dogs to show Silla the ropes, so to speak, was another critical element . From the point at which Sondra took over the care of Prisilla, she morphed from a extreme case of neurosis to a now well-adapted and totally adoptable dog. She warms to others, investigates new things with curiosity rather than abject fear or ignorance, she walks on a leash, meets and greets and loves to be petted and to play games. A transformation that is attributable to the pain-staking work and commitment that Sondra Rolison and Blitz Pet Professionals have made to the "hard-case" of Prisilla, who is now a real softie. I couldn't envision a better trainer of canines than Ms. Rolison.

08/09/2011

Sharen N.

Everything was excellent. Sondra did a great job and the obediance training went very well. I hired two trainers before Sondra, but the training did not stick. My vet even put my dog on doggie downers. Sondra immediately got my dog off the meds and taught my dog how to deal with his natural instincts. Sondra's training has put our family back into a peaceful living environment. Now I can take my dog everywhere with ease and confidence. She not only trained my dog but my family. She was the best phone call I ever made.

Description of Work
I hired for her for obediance training.

Animal Training
    Animal Grooming
    Check, Financing Available
    Satisfaction

Animal training.

Pet sitting & dog walking.