Budget Blinds

Founded 2006 • With Angi since January 2011

4.4

750 Wyoming Ave

KINGSTON, PA 18704

Budget Blinds always offers a free in-home consultation and complimentary professional installation. All installations are completed by employees, not subcontractors. Our pricing is exceptional as Budget Blinds is the largest volume window treatment company in North America. Most blinds include a no-questions asked warranty covering anything that can go wrong, even if it's your fault! Not quite ready for an in-home consultation? Visit our beautiful showroom at 129 Welles Street in Forty fort....

05/31/2014

Karen W.

Description of Work
They advertise that they will come to your house for a complimentary consultation. However, they said that it would cost me $100.00. I did qualify for this "free" consultation according to their website. This is unprofessional. I am going to use Shades Unlimited.

07/01/2013

Jesse G.

We attempted to buy window treatments from them. Horrible experience - 1. Measure person was late to our house. 2. Our follow up meeting at their office was crazy. They do all the calculations by hand - it takes forever for them to figure out prices. I asked a simple question - and quot;How much to do an average sized window with this?and quot; and she couldn't answer it without five minutes of math. I would they would be trained to say an average window of this dimension would cost this for a decent amount of the inventory. 3. They can't speak intelligently about the differences between products and their prices. I talked to the folks at Lowes, Home Depot and another local place. They were much more friendly and knowledgeable. 4. We have a kid with us and she ask us if the treatments needed to be and quot;kid friendlyand quot;. 5. I asked for a copy of everything and she blocked out the measurements. I understand how window measurements are so important and top secret but she also blocked out what window was involved. She was really rude when questioned about it. 6 . The staff was in some type of fight over a phone call - great atmosphere. 7. The measure person said we qualify for a 25% discount based on the quantity of our purchase. The store said it was already factored in. I remembered the prices I asked when we started and they were the same as before the discount was mentioned. 8. Overall, we got nothing more from our visit than we could have read from their marketing material or website by visiting the store. We seemed to be annoying them with our questions and showing up at their shop. We went to Lowes. Staff member was much friendlier and more knowledgeable. Price was about half. Quality looked the same - they came out to measure and will install for a nominal fee. The sales pitch was so bad at Budget Blinds that I didn't remember why I should spend twice as much with the local shop - so I didn't. Really disappointed.

Description of Work
Attempted to use service for window treatments

05/13/2013

John B.

I had a great experience with Budget Blinds. I am a first time homeowner and didn't know the first thing about window treatments. When I called to schedule an appointment, they asked me what kind of window treatments I wanted. I had no clue, so they said they'd bring the works. Tom came out and spent a great deal of time with me. We walked through each room discussing options, he brought samples, and was up front about the prices. He gave honest opinions about what would look good in each room, and those opinions were not based upon price. When I told him my far-fetched hope of having them ordered and installed before my housewarming party (two weeks later), I thought he'd laugh. He said he would try, and he later made it happen. Installation was great. Uneventful, even. They arrived right on time. The guy wasn't shady, needy, or awkward. He did the job, did it well, explained everything, and was out within two hours. Can you really ask for more? Oh, and 0% financing for a year? Don't mind if I do.

Description of Work
Custom blinds throughout the house.

10/15/2012

Sarah W.

very responsive and professional. Delivery was as promised. Quick installation process. Some overlays were slightly too large for a few windows but the installer came back the following week to correct the issue and finish the installation.

Description of Work
Had blinds (wood and cellular) installed in every window of the house- 12 windows including 3 large windows and vertical blinds on patio doors.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Custom blind and shade sales and installation, shutters, draperies, valances, cornices, bedding, motorized blinds and shades