Steelway Cellar Doors

Founded 1963 • With Angi since June 2010

290 E Church Rd

King Of Prussia, PA 19406

Steelway Cellar Doors does not cut corners on anything we do. We manufacture everything we install and we do it all with our own employees and never use subcontractors. This means you can be assured that we do the job right and if you want something unique that we have the ability to do the job. We only do basement entrances - we don't finish basements, do waterproofing or decks or additions. Excavating next to your home and opening up your foundation wall is a big deal that's why we insist on gettting permits so you can be assured that the job is done right. We have specialized equipment to do the job with the minimal amount of interuption to your home - engineered headers, special saws to reduce dust and yard mats to protect your yard. All part of the benefit of using a company that specializes in one thing....

08/06/2018

Shannon K.

Steelway was recommended by a family friend and I was not disappointed! Every step of the process exceeded my expectations and everything took less than a month, start to finish - Tate coming out to look at the site, discuss options and providing a very fast quote (same day!); Norman and Franco coming very soon after to look at what was needed from a masonry standpoint (which Franco and team did a great job completing quickly); Andrew did a beautiful job installing the new doors in just one day - Steelway is a well-oiled machine! I would HIGHLY recommend Steelway and thank the whole team for all of the hard work and care they showed not only to the job itself, but also myself and my neighbor.

Description of Work
Exterior cellar doors

10/19/2017

Robert K.

It took them much longer than quoted to receive the door. When it got here the door was crated very badly and had scratches all over it. It also had a few bent mounting flanges. Most importantly, there were 2 panels that were made incorrectly. When I contacted Norm to get the correct panels, I expected that they would get working on the replacement panels right away. I was mistaken. Norm told me that they would get to it when it was convenient for them, in a week or two. I will still have to wait an additional week for shipping. The option of getting the panels corrected by a local fab shop were rejected by Norm at steelway, as it would have cost them about $100. The local fab shop could get the job done by the next day. I am NOT happy at all. I wish I could go back in time and spend my hard earned money with a reputable company.

Description of Work
I ordered a custom alongside cellar door.

Category doors

There are two side to every story. I am sure by our review history ,our record shows we are pretty darn good. I am sure this is how Mr. [Member Name Removed] recalls this situation. He is our customer and we always respect the customer. However this is not exactly how this situation evolved , and clearly a misunderstanding. Light damage from shipping can be a BY-product of shipping these full size cellar doors completely intact. This is why we will not finish coat a door in house. The alternative is to attempt to make a door in pieces in a box with screws work. We satisfy many ,many clients.

09/26/2017

Zachary D.

Install when very well, sales service was turnkey and scheduling was efficient. Highly recommend. The product is pricier than some options, but the concrete product is superior to plastic or galvanized steel options and designed to last indefinately.

Description of Work
Window egress install

Category egress windows,doors

Thank You so much. We really appreciate great reviews!

01/25/2017

Roland D.

SUPER. After submitting my original request for a quote with all pertinent measurements, I received a quote within 2 days of my submission. After checking the measurements on the quote, I discovered some errors in my measurements and contacted the company. They returned my call in 1 day. After I gave them the changes, they emailed me a new copy of the quote, the price was the same but reflected my changes. I approved the quote and submitted payment method. 3 weeks later the door was delivered to my house. Door was manufactured of 12 gauge steel and coated with oxide primer coating as promised by the company. The measurements I supplied to Steelway were adhered to exactly, it was a perfect fit. Completely professionally manufactured in a very reasonable period of time. The cellar door was shipped from PA to GA via truck and arrived without any damage. I could not have been more pleased with the end product. The fit was good that it took less than 1 hour to install it. I would highly recommend Steelway Cellar Doors. The price was only slightly higher than any of the available standard doors which would not fit. I would give them 10 Stars if that was available.

Description of Work
Needed angled exterior cellar door built to specifications because none of the standard doors available at place such as Home Depot, Lowe's etyc... would fit.

Category metal restoration,doors

[Member Name Removed], Thank You so much for your kind words, and for becoming a Steelway Client. Most folks don't realize how hard it can be to make things every day and everyone is different. Obviously you get it, and I am so happy we get it right, and that your installation was that successful. Thank You again from all of us. It means a lot to everyone here. Have a great 2017! The Folks at Steelway Cellar Doors

01/25/2017

Roland D.

Category metal restoration,doors

10/01/2016

Jonathan B.

Crews arrived and finished on time. Product looks great. But a year out from the project, we still get leaking around door into our basement. We are unable to finish our basement due to flooding when it rains more than a few hours. Multiple attempts have been made to reseal door, but still unsuccessful in waterproofing walkout.

Description of Work
We had cellar storm doors removed and prefabricated walkout stairs installed along with door.

Category egress windows,doors

[Member Name Removed], Your situation with a walkout and a different type of joint then normally used, has made this challenging, but we will achieve the desired result.

01/04/2016

MONA D.

It went great! Apologize for the delay in writing this review. Andrew was very thorough and listened to me and answered any questions I had about the process of the installation. I would definitely recommend Andrew and Steelway to anyone needing this type of work done.

Description of Work
Installed an outside basement door, removed all old wood, patched as needed.

Category doors

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], We will be sure to let Andrew know! Thank You for taking the time, and for giving us such a fine review. Larry Conroy

12/30/2015

Joseph L.

Very happy with the entire process. It has been several months so I forget the names, but everyone was responsive and work was scheduled in a timely manner and the work was done about as well as you can do it. Despite being a difficult cellar installation due to an old foundation that required extra work, I thought the price was more than justified and the quality was great!

Description of Work
Removed old wooden panels from fieldstone sloped entry to my basement. Installed new steelway cellar door.

11/02/2015

Mary K.

Salesperson (Tate) was very knowledgeable and guided us through the various options. The door is high quality and was installed about 5 weeks later. The installer, Andrew, was energetic, personable, meticulous, skilled and knowledgeable. Our house is very old with many inherent challenges which make an otherwise simple job, difficult. Andrew made it work! Access to the basement is secuure and water tight thanks to him. We highly recommend Steelway!

Description of Work
Provided a custom made jumbo angled cellar door and installed it.

07/27/2015

margaret W.

They responded quickly, came out and gave me an estimate. They returned and installed the cellar door. Andrew did a great job on a very hot day. Having an older home means there is always problems when you fix or replace anything, but not this time. !am very happy!

Description of Work
replaced old cellar door and covered sides with steel.

Disciple Masonry

Disciple Masonry specializes in masonry repairs and new masonry installations. Our customers are everything to us. We take the time to understand you and what you want, and make it our mission to help you get it. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call now to find out!

Offers by Disciple Masonry on Angi
    Garcia Home Remodeling Inc

We specialize in all forms of home remodeling, from exterior to interior. Stucco, masonry, roofing, siding, carpentry, electric and plumbing

Artistic Masonry Co

Trust your next masonry project to the professionals. Not only do we offer you an insured and licensed specialist to lay out your project, we also provide you with exclusive warranties on our products and services. Ask your masonry expert during your estimate about what warranties we can offer you. With over 24 years of experience in masonry, Artistic Masonry Company is the premiere authority on all stone and brickwork in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. No travel charges. No service fees. Award winning. Additional DBA - Artistic Masonry Company.

Offers by Artistic Masonry Co on Angi
    MasterCard, American Express, Check, Visa

Manufacturing & installation of basement egress systems, basement stairs & cellar doors.