BASEMENT RX WATERPROOFING

2951 PHILMONT AVE

Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006

10/20/2011

Susan M.

They threw away items that were not damaged and cannot be replaced such as 40 years worth of family photos, albums, expensive silverware and stainless steel pieces that could just have been cleaned, and original artwork with out my permission. I had given them the keys so they could get in the house and they ended up breaking a window to get in. They used the cheapest material they could find and the drain and pump were a joke. The next time it rained, there was 8" of water in the basement. The whole experience lasted a year and I ended up taking them to court and having to hire another contractor to come in and fix all of their mistakes.

Description of Work
They were supposed to waterproof the basement. We had a flood and they were supposed to clean out the water, throw away items that needed to be discarded, install a french drain and sump pump.

06/23/2008

IRA W.

They did a good job, removing the mold and making basement waterproof. My only complaint is that wouldn't wait until I cleared my credit card. Instead, cashed my check, which I gave to them to show in good faith that my credit card was good. Also, they never even offered to pay me back for the fine for overdrawing in my checking account.

Description of Work
Did water proofing to my basement.

06/12/2008

JENNIFER A.

The estimator who came out to take a look used all sorts of high-pressure tactics to try to get me to book right away, telling me that it was an emergency situation, telling me that they had an opening for the next day and would give me a lower price if I had them come out then (their "lower price" was higher than the reputable company I ended up booking). The worst was that I told him that I had just bought the house, and might be submitting the receipt to the previous homeowners for reimbursement because they'd failed to disclose the water problem at settlement; he told me that because it might be a legal case, they required a deposit of $250 to do the estimate, and told me that was an industry standard. I learned my lesson afterwards that it was NOT an industry standard and that they ripped me off of $250 as an easy way of making some money in case I didn't use them. Never, EVER use this company, they're completely shady.

Description of Work
The lower level of my home was very damp, especially in my powder room, and I was looking for a contractor to install a French drain and sump pump to dry everything out.

08/20/2007

John A.

Their work was ineffective. We continued to get water seeping through the foundation, especially the foundation adjacent to the exterior basement door. They returned under the lifetime guarantee, but their efforts never significantly improved the problems. They eventually returned three separate times but never improved the problem and each time they completely ignored the problem around the door where the most water was coming in. They often did not return phone calls and on three additional appointments failed to show up at all. Ultimately I hired another contractor to address the problem as I could not count on them to show up or complete the work correctly. In the end, I took them to small claims court and was awarded the maximum amount, but have not been paid by them.

Description of Work
Basement Rx installed a french drain around the perimeter of our basement as well as a sump pump. They made "improvements" three separate times when they returned under the lifetime guarantee, but they never worked. They put rough coat patches on the wall which stick out like a sore thumb. They installed the sump pump exit pipe so that it is above the grade of the floor making it impossible to replace the floor tile.

07/31/2007

Eric B.

Steve was supposed to show up between 2 and 4 on Saturday afternoon. He called around 1-ish and said that he was probably going to be closer to 4. I greatly appreciated the call and was able to run some errands before 4. I ended up having to rush back to the house to get back around 3:45 to be sure I wasn't late for his arrival. 4:00...4:05...4:10, the phone rings...It's Steve, he's about 10 miles away and should be there shortly. 5:00, he pulls up. He apologizes when he gets there and we move on...Okay, so that started my frustration. He certainly is nice enough, however the scare tactics (he's surprised our walls haven't caved in yet) and price gouging - started at $16,000 - then lowered the price three times within three days - calling frequently to say how much they need the work. My opinion - if you need the work that bad, give an accurate price, don't try to get the most then lower it - be honest with your prices. I chose another firm to do a similar job.

Description of Work
The installation of an interior perimeter drainage system. In addition, Steve was going to have the installers place rebar within the cracks to provide additional support in our block wall.

04/30/2007

ROSE MARIE D.

He was about to lay out his papers and describe his system and give an estimate when he asked if my husband was ready to join us. I told him my husband wasn't home. He said for a free estimate, both parties needed to be present (something that was not communicated earlier). When I said I would notify Angie's List, he asked if I would like him to go over the information with me since he was already here.

Description of Work
He was to give an estimate for basement waterproofing. I called last week to make the appointment. When I spoke with Paige on April 23 @ 10:25 am, she said someone would call back within one hour to set up a date but no one did. A gentleman named Mark called later that evening and set up an appointment for April 30 between 10 am and 12 noon. I was away this weekend but he spoke to my brother-in-law and made an appointment for Monday morning. He called this morning to confirm and said he'd probably be here closer to 11 am. He arrived quarter after 12. Not a huge deal. He came in the house like gangbusters and I took him down to the basement to show him where the water was coming in. I gave him the story behind the house and the problem. There was already a hole for a sump pump from the previous homeowner. We were going to put carpeting in the basement and needed it dry.

03/15/2007

ROBERT B.

The work was harder than the contractor had anticipated, since the concrete floor was extremely thick in many areas. There were several delays, but overall the job went about as fast as we expected. They also cleaned up after themselves very thoroughly. There are no more wet spots on the floor, no efflorescent on the cinderblock walls, an unbroken and usable storage space where there had been a hole, and generally, a better crawlspace and reinforced underpinnings. We think we have a better, stronger house as a result.

Description of Work
Crawlspace with a concrete floor and cinderblock walls needed waterproofing to close up small leaks. Basement RX installed a patented moistureproofing system, sump pump, and moldproofing. They also extended a cleanout that was at the bottom of a hole cut out of the floor, and filled in the hole with gravel and concrete.

09/25/2006

LINDA M.

THEIR WORK WAS BEAUTIFUL. THE BASEMENT USED TO SMELL, BUT NOW I LOVE TO WALK THROUGH THAT PART. I AM THRILLED. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS WITH THEIR FAILURE TO RETURN PHONE CALLS, OR TO FOLLOW UP WITH ME ABOUT SOME QUESTIONS I HAD.

Description of Work
THEY REMOVED MOLD FROM MY BASEMENT, WATERPROOFED ONE ENTIRE WALL, THE FLOOR, THE SUBSTRUCTURE UNDER THE FLOOR, INSTALLED A SUMP PUMP, AND PUT IN A DRAIN RIGHT INSIDE THE DOOR.

Category basement waterproofing, wells

J & A Environmental Services

Our mission at J & A Environmental Services, LLC is to continue the growth of our business by doing right by all of our clients. We truly care about your health and environment, so we take our jobs very seriously. We offer Mold Remediation, Air Quality Testing, Basement Waterproofing, Odor Removal, and Water Damage Clean-up. J&A Environmental Services, LLC is a fair honest company with excellent customer service. J&A Environmental Services, LLC built the brand by helping one family at a time to eliminate the mold in their environment. Call us 24/7 for all your Environmental needs. We have 100+ five star ratings on Angi's Leads and 34 five star ratings on Angi's Ads.

Rhino Waterproofing Solutions

We specialize in all types RESIDENTIAL ROOFING SERVICES. For an immediate response call Anita @ 484.996.3600

Offers by Rhino Waterproofing Solutions on Angi
    Basement Gurus

We have over 30 years of combined experience. We are family owned and operated and certified. We aim to please we want 100% guaranteed satisfaction.

Lifetime

BASEMENT WATERPROOFING. FOUNDATION REPAIR. MOLD REMOVAL. BASEMENT SEALING. OUTSIDE DRAINAGE. GUTTER EXTENSIONS. SMB PUMPS. FRENCH DRAINS. GENERAL REMODELING.