David R Weiss Painting Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since November 2009

30 Harvard Rd

Havertown, PA 19083

6 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. May contact through email.

03/05/2019

LaToya R.

Great Price. The job was done quickly. Both men were professional and on time. The time leading up to scheduling was choppy and left me uneasy. I also asked for a quote to have my hallway painted and haven't heard back yet. It has been more than two weeks. L.

Description of Work
Master Bedroom Ceiling Sanding and Painting

01/13/2017

michele S.

It was perfect in all ways. The crew of 3 arrived everyday at 8 and left at 4. They worked so that only one or two rooms at a time were off limits. They are extremely clean. Pricewise I took 5 different bids ( and getting people to bid is not the easiest of tasks), some Angie's List and some through my real estate agent's network. David R Weiss beat everyone by a mile and even threw in his "January 10% discount". You would be wise to check with him first for any painting needs.

Description of Work
Our entire 4 bedroom house needed to be repainted to go on the market: all walls, ceilings, woodwork and some wallpaper removal and drywall work.

12/25/2015

Irene T.

Description of Work
Very professional, excellent results.

05/21/2015

Larry B.

Description of Work
They repainted three rooms upstairs in our house. They did a fine job and I would definitely use them again.

12/18/2014

Sandra K.

Description of Work
Paint the exterior of my house.

10/12/2014

Laurie L.

clean neat good work

Description of Work
Paint all outside trim on large stone house

06/01/2014

MARLIN M.

Our primary concern was that the old wallpaper could not be removed from the drywall without incurring serious damage. These concerns were unfounded as David and his great crew were able to remove the wallpaper with minimal problems and paint the entire area within a period of two days. David's estimate for the work was more than fair and, as other reviewers have noted, his crew was top notch and a real pleasure to have in our home. We would not hesitate to hire David in the future and would highly recommend him to other people in need of a painter.

Description of Work
Removed old wallpaper and painted a large combined family room/breakfast area.

02/02/2014

Howard B.

Very neat job and clean-up!

Description of Work
They removed old wallpaper from a bathroom and they taped , primed, and spackeled.

Category wallpaper removal

01/22/2014

Patrick D.

what a pro! Dave just delivers! he tells you what he is going to do and then he does it. His guys are very clean and easy to have in the house. Dave is one of the few contractors that I will have in my house and I do not need to be home. He is just so nice and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Paint my kitchen and living room

12/13/2013

ABIGAIL L.

I plan to use him again, although his prices seemed a little high.

Description of Work
Did outside painting. Very good work, efficient, neat and clean. Nice man with a good assistant.

11/04/2013

Erin T.

Had a 26X32 ft garage constructed several years back, exterior is stucco. At the time of construction stucco was not sealed or painted. Stucco is porous so you could always see damp spots on the stucco exterior after it had rained. During the winter these spots would freeze and I developed several hairline cracks, especially emanating out from the bottom corners of my windows. I did my research and learned that the stucco needs to either be sealed or painted with an elastomeric coating, this would let air through but not water. Solicited several bids, painters were much less than stucco contractors. Went with David on recommendation of a friend (and Angie's list). He had his crew low pressure wash the stucco, and after it dried applied the paint by hand (no sprayer). I spoke with him about my issue and the various solutions and he agreed elastomeric paint should help considerably. Had him match the garage paint to an old can that was used on the exterior of the house. He got a PERFECT match, despite being different paint manufacturers. There was some delay in start due to weather and holiday but nothing unusual. All of the windows, trim, lights, door were taped off, and painted around with hand brushes before they went to the rollers. I have a rock garden on the side of the garage and they did an excellent job of putting down plastic to protect it. They did very high quality work. They didn't get any paint on my trim, lights, door, or windows. All their lines were sharp and crisp. I am thrilled at the job. Would have them back in a heart beat. Very courteous and polite.

Description of Work
Pressure wash stucco garage and paint exterior with elastomeric paint

Category pressure washing, house painters

07/10/2013

Marjorie V.

They were excellent. They were very clean. They were very easy to have in the house and they did a great job. Their price was really reasonable.

Description of Work
David R. Weiss Painting Inc. did interior and exterior painting for us.

03/25/2013

MELISA M.

David Weiss was a pleasure to work with from first contact through completing the job. He always promptly returned my calls, and showed up right on schedule. Over the years, I've hired 5-10 painters and Mr Weiss and his guys are the easiest to work with bar none. The quality of their workmanship is excellent. We've received many compliments on the look and feel of the new spaces he and his team painted. I will hire them again without question. -- Sussex Rd. Wynnewood, PA

Description of Work
Painted home addition and matched original plaster texture

02/25/2013

Jill K.

Very good experience. David was recommended to me by my decorator. His price was very reasonable, he was on time, he and his guys did a great job with everything - paper removal, prep and paint, and they cleaned up well a the end of the job. I gave him a B for responsiveness only because it does take him about 2 weeks to get the estimate back to you after meeting with you to discuss the job. But he was very responsive to phone calls, got back to me promptly. I plan to use him again in the future.

Description of Work
David removed wallpaper, prepped the walls and painted my dining room.

01/21/2013

Debbie B.

do not recall the details,but it went smoothly

Description of Work
Satisfactory, more expensive than comparable choices

10/24/2012

Lisa S.

Detailed estimate provided quickly and at $500 less than other bids for less work to be done. Work was done quickly and with amazing attention to detial. When one section of ceiling did not dry out a perfect match, they came back and voluntarily repainted the whole ceiling to make sure the living room looked perfect. Can not rave enough about how great everything looks when they are done!

Description of Work
Painted all walls and trim of master bedroom, repainteded ceilings to remove stains/texture issues, repaired wall cracks, and provided paint touch-ups throughout house.

10/24/2012

Lisa S.

Provided detailed estimate up front and meticulously planned all work. Dave and his crew arrived on time and were incredibly professional and polite. Dave's eye for detial and making sure things are done perfectly and the right/safe way are incredible! He noticed and fixed things (like some shutter's having been previously hung backwards) that we never had. The crew was 'child-safe' - never said a bad word or shared any conversation you would not want your kids overhearing. Every day they cleaned up and had everything put away. Just amazed at the quality of the job they did and how well they did it!!!

Description of Work
Painting all exterior wood trim for a large home

05/03/2012

Ronan B.

From the day that David came to give us an estimate, through the completion of the project, David was professional, knowledgable and thorough. He explained the EPA regulations regarding the lead paint that had been used with our baseboards and the required approach he was going to take to paint the base boards. We really felt that our vision for our home was made better because of his knowledge and experience. His quote was competitive with the other companies we canvassed. His team were every bit as well trained, thorough and courteous. It is clear that David runs a tight organization. We are very pleased with the results and I would recommend David to anyone.

Description of Work
The project was to paint the Dining room, Living room and Hallway of our home. David provided the estimate and when we committed to his perfroming the work, followed up quickly to schedule the dates. His team were prompt and courteous and the work was completed on schedule.

04/17/2012

christopher L.

He was the painter for the contractor that we were using just after we moved into our new home. We liked him, so we continued to use him, and I have also referred people to him. Most people would rate him as very good, even though I would rate him as excellent, because his bid is never the highest, but it isn’t the lowest either. He is not on twenty four hour turnaround, and he does things through regular mail, not everything through email, so sometimes it takes a little bit longer to get an estimate from him. Some painters will just look at the house, and quote a price, but he really takes the time to think about what the job is, and the kind of paint we want. Getting all that information together and getting it back to me is not necessarily an overnight process, he also wants to make sure that he spends his day with the customers, and his evenings for the estimate. He likes to make sure that he is part of every job site, he is very, very thorough and there are absolutely no surprises. He doesn’t say that he needs to do this or that and make us spend more than we thought we would.

Description of Work
We had done a lot of remodeling in our home, and we used David R Weiss Painting, Inc. to do the painting, trim work, and staining of the woodwork. He has also done all of our exterior painting and woodwork, and he is getting ready to paint our house for the second time. On an average, we use him every other year.

07/05/2011

George K.

I called David's number to get an estimate and he called me back a couple of days later. He finally give me two days that he would be at my home and he finally made it on the second date. I found this odd as he was working across the street from my house. Anyway, he seemed professional but did not make me feel like he really wanted my business which showed because it took him over a week to get me an estimate. We ended up going with another painter.

Description of Work
Asked for an estimate for exterior painting of my house.

11/03/2009

christopher L.

They have competitive rates. They do a very good job from the perspective of both the quality of the work and the clean up. It can take a little while to schedule the work. They are professional and they come out on time for the work. If you were looking for a company for a price perspective you might want to look around, however if you are looking for a company who does quality work and cleans up after themselves you would definitely go for them.

Description of Work
David Weiss Painting power washed and re-stained part of our deck. They also painted our garage doors. I have been using them for the past nine years.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Joe Egan Painting

Award winning Company located in Havertown Pa. in business since 1984 . Angie's List super service awards 10 years in a row for power washing, painting interior and painting exterior. Small company, 6 employees. 5% discount for Angie's List members and senior citizens. We will make sure the job is done correctly . free estimates and reasonable pricing. Well mannered and experienced employees. After the job is finished clean up is a must. Please read our reviews and you can call anytime 610-745-9016.

Offers Coupon

Old World Painting

Our name comes from the tradition of doing things in the style of the “old world” – where craftsmen put quality first and took the time to do their jobs right. Our antiquated philosophies are the backbone of our operation: - Respect you and your home by leaving it clean at the end of each day/project - Perform quality workmanship with integrity - Provide unmatched communication, so you know what to expect throughout the process We follow processes for all projects as required by project and product specification. Our “by the book approach” is the foundation of our brand. When you choose Old World Painting, you’re investing in quality work that lasts the life of the paint – or when you’re ready for a new look.

Reynolds Painting and Drywall

We are a family-owned and operated home improvement company. Our mission is to provide quality work and outstanding customer service to all of our clients. Our specialty is in painting, and drywall repair, finishing, and installation. Our painting services are extensive, so please contact us with any painting needs!

PA019752
    Pennsylvania
    Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
    07/01/2023

Carpentry - Unfinished. Deck Maintenance. Painting - Exterior. Painting - Interior. Pressure Washing. Wallpaper Removal.