B & K Moving & Hauling

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2004

1229 Ellston Road

Havertown, PA 19083

Getting something from Point A to Point B – quickly, affordably, and safely. We do it better than anyone. Whether you have a few boxes or an entire house, whether you’re sending belongings across the state or across town, we have the right people at the right price. We are family owned, licensed and fully insured, and we offer a host of services that will take care of your moving needs. We will match any competitor's price. We are reputable, licensed and insured company with a PUC No. Let us help you plan a hassle free move with experienced movers at your side. We specialize in piano and organ moving and give free estimates....

10/10/2018

Joseph S.

Did a great job. This was the second time we used them. Extremely friendly and very flexible. We will continue to hire them.

Description of Work
Move single home to another home

Category moving companies

THANK YOU MR. [Member Name Removed], ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR OUR GUYS DID A GREAT JOB!

02/05/2018

Deb R.

They did an exceptional job -- everything arrived in perfect condition, including some glass table tops. They were professional and friendly. It couldn't have gone any better.

Description of Work
I was having my Mom moved from Havertown to an apartment near us in Maryland.

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

09/26/2017

paul D.

Extremely Pleased Estimate was accurate, workers were exceptional(polite, pleasant, efficient and hardworking) Nothing was damaged and they took great care loading the truck and unloading in my new home. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Description of Work
Local move 3 bedroom townhouse in one day

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We are happy you were pleased with our services. We look forward to servicing you and/or your family and friends at any time in the future.

08/02/2017

Tilak S.

Very smooth, the guys handled each and every item very carefully, liked their job.

Description of Work
Moving from my apartment.

Category moving companies

Dear [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for your review. Not sure why you weren't happy with the price since I am certain you were told the hourly rate prior to the move and that we are on the clock from start to finish. However, we are happy that you are satisfied with the work performed by the guys and wish you all the best in your new location.

07/09/2017

Mark F.

Believe the hype. These guys were punctual, polite and professional. They worked like machines, didn't ride the clock, and caused zero damage. They moved us out, moved us in, hauled our mountains of boxes, our beds, heavy dressers and AC units down and up two and three flights of stairs and did it efficiently and in an orderly manner. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
In town move of 1600 sft house

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed] we appreciate the positive feedback.

07/05/2017

Jackie C.

Very well. The men worked very hard all day, packing up at one house and then unloading at the new one. They were responsive, helpful and easy to communicate with.

Description of Work
Removal of house contents

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate all the positive feedback. Hope all is well in your new home.

05/22/2017

TERRY W.

Smoothly. Invested in an extra man which was worth it.

Description of Work
Moving from house to apartment.

Category moving companies

thank you and we appreciate your business and wish you the best [Member Information Removed] luck in your future. Please call us should you require movers again. Thanks again.

05/20/2017

Susan N.

Perfect. Evertything arrived with nothing damaged. They worked long hours and were very accomodating.

Description of Work
We had B & K move us from Newtown Square, PA to Lewes, De. They were prompt, efficient, worked extremely hard. They were very professional and personable. Price was very reasonable and they took excellent care of our belongings. I cannot say enough about them as an organization and thier workers. I would hire them in a minute if needed ever again. We mover about 102 miles away.

Category moving companies

It was a pleasure assisting you in your move and wish you the best in your new home.

10/10/2016

Andy M.

B&K were on time, professional, pleasant to work around and did everything it took to make the move painless and smooth!

Description of Work
Moving from 2 story rowhome to 3 story home

Category moving companies

We appreciate your business and should you ever require moving services again in the future, we hope to be of service to you.

08/29/2016

Louis K.

Very well, showed up and got the job done well.

Description of Work
Moving an apartment

Category moving companies

Best wishes to you in your new home. Please contact us should you ever need our services again.

07/31/2016

David A.

Bob was great setting up the move. Listening to him as he went over the details from the beginning was important. As the home owner, I thought I knew best but fortunately we took his advice using two trucks and 5 men. HE WAS RIGHT!!! Could not have had a better crew!! The home we were moving into was still being occupied by the sellers. We were moving some of our furniture in to store while the sellers were still living there. It was a strange situation and on top of that one of the sellers was a complainer. She continued to ask how much longer it was going to take so she could get back on her computer and said they were scaring her dog! John, Glen an the rest of his guys kept their cool. To make matters more complicated it was also pouring rain. Finally, price was great. If possible, make these guys your first call!

Description of Work
Moving from current address to home to a house. We made settlement on the new house but the seller had not moved out.

Category moving companies, piano moving

We appreciate your business and please do not hesitate to contact us should you need our services in the future.

07/23/2016

Elizabeth W.

Excellent! These guys were punctual, professional,and very careful with our furniture and belongings. They worked quickly and were friendly. Very accommodating with the furniture set up in the new home. These guys were awesome! Good strong American work ethic.

Description of Work
Move all contents of our 4 bedroom home to a new home.

Category moving companies, piano moving

We are happy to be of service to you and wish you the best in your new home.

07/22/2016

Karen A.

These guys were very nice and very professional and really saved the day for us. We had to pay the minimum despite only needing one piece of furniture moved, but really it was a pretty fair price and we definitely had no other choice. Getting friends to try to move this dresser up the stairs would have been a terrible idea. Thanks B&K!

Description of Work
We had a dresser delivered that the delivery man was no help with. We weren't able to get it in the house ourselves, much less up the stairs. I called B&K last-minute on a Friday afternoon, and two hours later they came to help.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your business. We look forward to helping you in the future should you ever require moving services again.

07/19/2016

Dan V.

Excellent. The three man crew was punctual and professional, very considerate when setting up items n the new home for mom. Price was very reasonable for a whole house move. The entire move was completed in 5 hours and nothing was damaged or lost along the way. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Moving mom

Category moving companies

We wish you luck in your new home. Thank you again for your business.

03/07/2016

carol L.

UPDATE: They don't like my review, so they lied in their response, too. They did not tell me of any damage to my table ahead of time. The men are 100% responsible for the damages I explain in my review, but they don't want to get in trouble with their boss, so of course they vehemently deny it. Good business depends on making things right. I agreed to the "discount" in the charges and signed the paperwork because I was exhausted by the ordeal and just wanted them to get out of my house and away from me and my things because they became very nasty and I no longer felt safe with them in my home.. REVIEW: They were friendly and moved quickly, and told me the cost up front, etc. They arrived on time, and worked hard to load everything as quickly as possible. I'm sorry to say that's where the good stuff ends. I suppose they thought that because I am a woman, it was OK to call me "honey" all day long, and that I wouldn't speak up for myself when things went wrong. They first problem was when I heard lots of loud banging upstairs, where the bedroom furniture was. I went up to investigate and caught them in the act of trying to force the drawers out of my bureau, and they are not made to come out! They said, "oh, these don't come out." NO KIDDING! I had to tell them 3 times to stop trying to force it. Now I have a broken drawer and busted rails. They tried to pick up my dresser by the legs, and ripped them off! Then they told me that when they picked it up the legs had fallen off. No, they absolutely did not... they were not broken before. They glued them back on the best they could, but my furniture is not the same as before they abused it. They bashed the side of my expensive dining table into something, which took a chunk out of it. They broke the top of a lamp beyond repair, and brought it inside wrapped in a blanket, put it in my closet "to keep it safe", and wrapped one my blouses around the top of it, so that I wouldn't see it until they had left. I didn't discover until a few days later that my marble slab coffee table has chunks missing from around the edges. There are many other issues, too - like the bed isn't assembled properly, and the screw heads are stripped out beyond being usable any more, etc. And I haven't unpacked many boxes yet because I'm having some renovations done, so I won't even know the extent of the rest of the damage that I might find until later. To top it all off, they lied to me about all these damages and got angry with me for having a problem with it. I called the owner, who was also angry with me, and told me that "we've been doing this for over 30 years, and no one is ever dissatisfied, but there's always that ONE person who complains about everything and is never happy!" I am here to tell you that I AM NOT THAT PERSON. I am extremely reasonable and good natured, but if you handle my belongs carelessly and then lie to me about it, and insult me and take advantage of me, I will not keep quiet about it. Yes, they took some of the charges off, but that doesn't return my valuables to the condition they were before B & K got at them, and I am left with damages that can't be repaired, and, they took time for lunch and charged me for it at their hourly rate, and they lied about that, too.

Description of Work
They moved my furniture, and boxes that I had packed myself, from a house into a one bedroom apartment about 15 minutes away. And they broke and damaged a lot of my furniture!

Category hauling services, moving companies

The damage to the table was noted and brought to the customer's attention prior to the move. When I was informed of the other damage the customer is claiming, which my men vehemently deny, I offered to take $150.00 off her bill (even though there is a 500.00 customer's responsibility). She agreed to accept this deduction in exchange for the damage supposedly done by my men and she also signed an insurance form stating that all of her goods were received in good condition. Having been in business for myself for 14 years and in the moving business for over 30 years, it is goal of this company to always have satisfied customers. As you can see by the ratings on Angie's list this goal is usually achieved. It is disappointing to have a customer leave a bad review. However, in light of the circumstances, we feel we did everything to rectify this situation and we feel this review is unwarranted.

02/09/2016

Sarah R.

The movers were nice. They packed it all into one truck and then unloaded at the new house. It was a very long day and toward the end they got careless.

Description of Work
Moved us from West Chester to Ardmore.

01/20/2016

Maurice B.

Good and professional service. Came out on time, were careful with my belongings and perform the service in 3 hours. Thank You!

Description of Work
Moved my belongings to my new apartment

01/08/2016

Sherilyn K.

I was moving into my new rental house with my family and were looking for a reliable moving company. Got a good quote from them and decided to go with them. They came out on time with a large crew and preformed the service very promptly and professionally. We were all moved in into our new house within few quick hours.

Description of Work
Moved my belonging to my new rental house

01/04/2016

Elizabeth J.

The arrived on time. They were professional and moved all our belongings without incident.

Description of Work
Move from Dexel Hill to West Grove, PA

11/20/2015

Benjamin T.

Bob and his team showed up on time and ready to work. My wife and I were still packing but they started loading the truck right away. I was planning on packing hanging clothes and framed pictures in my car but they thoughtfully and safely packed these items in the truck. I helped load for a bit but saw how efficient the crew worked and decided to do some last minute cleaning instead. My apartment was loaded in no time and on its way to my new house. Unloading went very quickly. They made sure that each box made it into the correct room by asking questions when items were not labeled. Right before they left, they asked me to walk around to ensure all furniture was placed correctly. The icing on the cake was that not a single thing was broken and no damage done to any part of my house! This was an overall great experience.

Description of Work
Moved 1 bedroom apartment into house

10/10/2015

Rick L.

Pete, their Lead man and his crew, arrived right on time. They were friendly, courteous and efficient....ya' couldn't ask for a better crew. This was a panic move..so they even had to wrap plates, dishes, etc.. Even with all that, they were out of there an into my new place with a total time of 4.25 hours,including the drive, they completed their work and I was in my new home. I would use them again IN A HEARTBEAT !!! Rick Longlott

Description of Work
B7 K moved me from my ex-girlfriend's place to a new apartment

08/09/2015

Stephanie .

Smoothly, there two stops and no problems with deliveries to either.

Description of Work
Showed up on time. Performed within a reasonable time Professional and pleasant

05/31/2015

Nancy C.

Had to pick up furniture from 2 locations: one in Wayne, PA, and one in center city Philadelphia. Then,had to move all of it to new office location, also in center city. Trying to load and unload in center city is trying, to say the least. These men did it efficiently WITHOUT a complaint, a whine or a sour attitude. They were very fast and very careful and very pleasant. Had to pay a parking ticket they got, but that was not their fault. Best move experience I ever had!!! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Moved to new office. Had to pick up furniture from 2 locations and move all of it to a third location.

03/28/2015

Lisa D.

This move was absolutely perfect and I couldnt be more pleased. The three men who came to my apartment to move my belongings , Tom, Bob and Pete, were courteous, professional, on time and took great care with my things. My apartment is situated very far from the parking area, and they carried every item, some quite heavy, without hesitation. I could not have been more pleased with how efficient and polite they were. They packed my things, locked up and drove to my new house. I met them at my new place, which is being completely remodeled, so there was a bit of mess for them. Unfortunately I had a dumpster parked in my driveway, so they had to park in the street, a much further walk into my house. But it didn't matter. It was no problem at all for them. They assembled my huge heavy bed quickly and moved all of my items exactly where I needed them to be. I can not say enough how absolutely happy I am that I went with B and K as my movers. Out of everything that I have had to do so far with this move, such as remodeling, furniture buying, ordering services, etc., this has been the best service I have had to date. That means alot, because up until now, many things have been a complete nightmare. Not at all with them! I highly recommend B and K Movers to everyone. They are very responsibly priced, very efficient and very professional.They treated me extremely well and I appreciate that very much. I will definitely use them again if I make another move!

Description of Work
Moved my belongings to my new house.

12/18/2014

Dianne H.

Efficient, organized, careful with details, cordial and professional. No surprises on cost. They post sample rates on their web site. A couple phone conversations covered the various pricing options, typical costs and duration for this type of move. They made the process easy. They arrived at 8:30 AM as planned. All loading, unloading and placement was completed by around 1:30 PM Since we had a lot of stuff to shift we chose to have a four man crew. It was one closed truck and one trip. They didn?t carelessly rush but didn?t waste any time. One exampleof attention to detail: We have two glass shelved curio cabinets we thought could be moved as is. The movers were concerned that they would shift in the truck and took the time to remove and wrap the glass shelves for a successful undamaged move. We paid additional reasonable fees to have a console piano and full sized electric organ moved, too. They were equally careful and efficient on unloading. For example for an outdoor concrete fountain they even made sure that it was placed on level ground. Overall we are very pleased with the move and would hire B & K Hauling again. We definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
They moved us, with a lot of stuff including a piano and large electric organ, from a three bedroom single to a new home about 20 miles away.

Category hauling services, moving companies

Millennium Moving Co

Millennium Moving & Storage in Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania, is the full moving service offering local and long-distance moving expertise. We also offer short- and long-term storage options. Learning the art of moving, like any profession, takes professional training, attention to detail, and a passion for excellence. Our company has the passion and experience it takes to make your move smooth. That's because our ongoing training is given to every team member, giving our moving counselors, packers, drivers, and crewmen the knowledge they need to serve your moving needs. By using innovative equipment, packing materials, and techniques, we also ensure the utmost protection of your valued possessions. With 75 years of combined moving experience, we truly are the moving pros. If the idea of moving everything in your home seems overwhelming, our professionals promise to make your move manageable. We will personally assign you a moving counselor who is organized, efficient, and an experienced veteran to move you and your family into the future. Additional DBA - Millennium Moving & Storage. Family owned & operated. Moving available Monday through Saturday (8:00 AM - 6:00 PM) Sundays upon availability

BR Moving, LLC

BR Moving is a fully licensed and insured moving company. We operate in and around the Philadelphia region. We employ a small, dedicated staff of employees in order to provide you with the best experience possible. We bill by the hour, with a two hour minimum charge. All time after two hours is pro-rated in quarter hour increments. Payment is due upon completion of the work. We accept cash or credit.

Express Delivery/ Fast & Efficiency

-I would like to introduce our company Express it delivery that has been in business 5 years. We have been established with an excellent track record for the best customer satisfaction. We compromise on the quality & services provided to the customer. We highly value customers & providing services at a fair price. Our staff is excellent who will guide you through with their best ideas keeping in constant contact to address all your needs. Please feel free to keep in touch with us about any of your business -related ideas. We look forward to satisfying you all! -We offer a variety of delivery services, such as furniture delivery, treadmill equipment, etc. along with assembly. JUNK Removal services -Office furniture removal, property clean outs, Attic Clean outs, Real estate clean outs. Moving Services -This moving service provides packing, padding & unloading at an hourly rate of 115$ per hour 2 hour minimum

Free Estimates, One Piece To Entire House, Piano and Organ Moving, Packing Materials, and Packing. Serving The Entire Delaware Valley, New Jersey, and Delaware.

Out of State Moves Other Than PA, DE, and NJ.