Adam Mechanical Heating, AC + Plumbing

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2008

200 West Chester Pike

Havertown, PA 19083

Adam Mechanical Heating, AC + Plumbing has been providing top-notch HVAC service, sales, repair and installation to Southeastern Pennsylvania since 2002. We are a family-owned and operated HVAC company. Our primary goal is to ensure 100% customer satisfaction....

07/26/2022

Brian B.

Don't know where all these good reviews are coming from. Our experience: We had a small kitchen faucet leak that was surely fixable. Unfortunately my naive spouse authorized having a new faucet put in for $934. Same model faucet available at Home Depot for $150 retail. Sorry but I think $784 dollars for the hour the technician spent at my house was just a little excessive!!!! Avoid these scammers and save lots of money!!!!!!

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet leak repair.

Category plumbing

06/06/2020

Jianwei X.

I could not get the new Ecobee thermostat to work replacing the old Honeywell thermostat. The tech came out on $99 diagnosis and the wiring of the new thermostat is $205. He wired it and it didn't work. So he claimed that the Ecobee I bought was defective. I said I have another Ecobee top that I can put on. He said he is not waiting for it. He took the $205 and went away, and I still have no AC.

Description of Work
Wire smart thermostat

09/20/2019

Joshua S.

I would highly recommend them, their employees are very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. They did an excellent job installing the new unit and made sure everything was done correctly.

Description of Work
Replace AC Condenser and Air Handler

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Our technicians are trained to be the best at what they do and provide our customers with exemplary, knowledgeable and courteous service in every service visit. Thank you for you review, we appreciate your business!

12/05/2018

Jason I.

The good - We received multiple estimates on HVAC replacement. Adam Mechanical was the most thorough. They even pointed out areas where our current HVAC people were not doing a good job (For example, our CO levels were continuously going down for a 12 year old heater... That doesn't happen..) The estimate very detailed with multiple options. They also provided financing via Wells Fargo. They came that week and performed everything within a day. The bad - There were some obvious things missing after the installation. There were still holes in the ducting that were not sealed (and blowing air out). After replacing a thermostat, they left the old wire there, dangling over the steps. It was dead, but still it looked awful. Making it right - they came back out another day the next week to fix the issues listed in "the bad". Everything was fixed, although they used a poorly chosen color of sealer (white on sheet metal does not look good, although I have learned to ignore it). This is why they're a "B" for quality. An 'A' would be for having everything done right the first time. Finally - the heater itself is working great. Hopefully, in the summer, we'll see the air conditioner work just as well. Thermostat is good - they use Trane heaters, so you have to use a Nexia app to control heat. It doesn't directly work with Amazon's Alexa, but I heard you can get a bridge (if you're into that sort of thing). Would I use again? Yes. They're honest. They made mistakes. They corrected them without hassle. Would I recommend them? Yes. For the same reasons.

Description of Work
HVAC Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

HVAC is our specialty and we endeavor to keep every customer informed and satisfied with their results. Thank you for your review!

09/17/2018

Michael J.

They were prompt, courteous and professional

Description of Work
New heater and AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you, you are a valued customer!

06/11/2018

Alfred P.

Technician took the time to thoroughly test and inspect everything, and to explain the results to me. I signed up for an annual service contract.

Description of Work
Check-up of air conditioning service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Our technicians explore every possibility to ensure customers get what they need. Thank you!

05/09/2018

Ryan M.

I have used Adam Mechanical over the past 3 years for servicing our boiler and A/C unit. I have to say every tech that has came out has been great, but we had Adam C do our annual service this year and I have to say he was one of the best we have had yet. Our A/C has some issues resulting from the installer (no Adam mechanical), Adam took the time to explain what that issues are and said he would be in contact after discussing out issues during the weekly service meeting for how best repair the problems. I wish I had found this company sooner as i would have had them do the install. Thanks again for a job well done! I highly recommend them for all your HVAC servicing needs.

Description of Work
Annual AC Tune Up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

All of our employees are trained to provide the best service to every customer always! Thank you for your business!

01/07/2018

DAVID M.

Adam Mechanical installed a new gas hot water heating system in our home several years ago, and have continued to provide our annual service. Because we have been so pleased with their work we recently signed up for their plumbing services. As part of the plumbing agreement, Eric came to our home and did a thorough check of the existing plumbing, checking toilets, sinks, showers, dishwasher and washing machine connections, something that had never been done before by previous plumbers. Eric noted that a pressure-balancing faucet in one of our tubs was stiff and suggested that the valve cartridge may need replacement. He advised that we contact the manufacturer for a new cartridge since it was under warranty. Several weeks later the faucet indeed malfunctioned. We contacted Adam Mechanical and Eric came the next day, replaced the cartridge, and upgraded the faucet assembly. His work was careful and efficient and we now have a functioning bathtub faucet which works better than the original one. We are very pleased with the quality of the plumbing and the whole approach to our plumbing needs provided by Eric and Adam Mechanical. They do things the right way!

Description of Work
Repair/replace a tub faucet

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

We strive to be thorough and always do right by our customers. Thank you for your review!

10/30/2017

joseph C.

I reached out to Adam Mechanical for service on a Crown steam boiler at one of our properties. They soon set me up with an appointment with Dan, their technician who phoned me about 45 minutes before his arrival. After evaluating the unit and figuring out the problem Dan had it up and running in a short time. Dan also performed a combination analysis. Again, as always, Adam Mechanical has come through as they have in the past on other properties we own or manage. Thank You Adam Mechanical !!!

Description of Work
Needed service on a steam gas boiler heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Adam Mechanical seeks to make every installation as stress-free and efficient as possible for each and every customer. Thank you!

08/18/2017

Jocelyn K.

We were selling our condo so they had to certify that everything was in good working order. They were good.

Description of Work
We used them for HVAC service.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your review!

06/14/2017

Tayce V.

The gentleman was professional. I didn't use them because of the price but I would use them for another estimate based on their professionalism and courtesy.

Description of Work
They came to the house and gave us a quote.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you, Adam Mechanical looks forward to working with you again in the future!

05/30/2017

Andrew R.

They made the process easy from the estimate to the completed install.

Description of Work
Installed new heater and air conditioner in crawl space and did a great job.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you, you are a valuable customer!

05/17/2017

Kristin L.

They were professional, very courteous, and kind.

Description of Work
They installed a second unit, a Carrier.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Customer service is our priority. Thank you for your business!

12/21/2016

Bob F.

It went great. The technician put on a pair of booties when he came into the house. Was courteous and knowledgeable. It was difficult to specifically analyze the system since it was actually a few things that were wrong with it. This was just a paid fee to analyze to see what it needed. Sure enough the items he pointed out were the cause of the problem. I bought the parts and installed them, and everything worked properly again. Look to be honest a professional company cannot hire a seasoned skilled mechanic to stop out and spend an hour and half like this one did on a split fee with Angie's list of $89. So when I got a price for repairs to have them fix it, he had to make an honest living and since I have a vast amount of experience in the trades I did it myself.

Description of Work
My natural gas furnace needed repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Cleanliness is our goal in every customer's home. Thank you for your feedback!

12/11/2016

Dave F.

I was traveling and my wife was home. We knew the thermostat was shot. Adam Mechanical sent someone out quickly, and they arrived on time. In addition to the $100 service call, they charged another $87 to install the thermostat (10 minute job at most), not including the cost of thermostat. He also tried several "upsells" and put "Adam Mechanical" stickers on the hot water heater and boiler without asking. All in all, the service was fine, and the thermostat is working. I was disappointed by the price, stickers and effort to sell additional services.

Description of Work
Replace thermostat for home heating system.

11/22/2016

Charles S.

The gentleman came out and did the check. I was told that my heater had a hairline fracture. He had to shut off the heater, I let him shut it off. I asked another provider to come out to receive another opinion. The next provider came out and found nothing. They did the diagnostic and checked everything, there were no cracks or issues with the heater. There was no carbon monoxide detected. Nothing is wrong with the heater.

Description of Work
Heater check

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the feedback. Best of luck to you!

10/14/2016

Dawn A.

On time, excellent workmanship, professional and gave us a great price with tax credits and PECO rebate! They always serviced our HVAC over the years and trust them. Their technicians are phenomenal.

Description of Work
Replaced our heating and AC, water heater for a 96% high efficiency Traine system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

We strive to be the best at what we do, please call again. Thank you!

09/29/2016

Ala H.

Because of the narrow access to our attic and the design of the old system the new installation required quite a lot of custom ducting and dismantling and rebuilding of the new unit to get it to fit into the attic. The installer's were excellent, they were careful, neat, methodical and the installation went great. Adam Mechanical was very concerned that we have a great experience and even came back to prettify [enclose] all the piping from the attic to the compressor even though it had not been explicitly included in the contract. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We needed our home a/c system completely replaced. The indoor air handler was perhaps 40 years old and the outside compressor maybe 15-20 years old. Adam mechanical promptly provided quotes for 3 different systems and we chose the middle one after a good discussion on the merits and costs of each.

08/15/2016

Rebecca N.

Adam Mechanical came out, diagnosed the problem, and fixed it. We were really low on coolant and had a potential line leak. It required two separate trips to fix the problem but it worked. I trust them. They have been taking care of our system for about 3 years now.

Description of Work
HVAC system lost cooling capacity in the summer. Adam Mechanical came out, diagnosed the problem, and fixed it. We were really low on coolant, so they came out a second time to top off. No problems since then. Very trustworthy.

08/03/2016

LYNNWILL G.

After obtaining 4 bids, Adam Mechanical (AM) was comparable but offered the best quality equipment for the cost as well as adding 2 outlets. Upon initial installation the air handler did not work. This was a hardware problem...nothing caused by AM. AM never abandoned the job. They made several return trips with replacement parts from the manufacturer until the system worked. Based on their high quality equipment and determination to get things right I rate them highly. In fact this was probably my best experience with an HVAC company. I will use them again when necessary!

Description of Work
My approximate 16 year old High Velocity system failed. I needed to replace the 3 ton system with an efficient Puron filled system. Replacement included the existing compressor (Carrier), line set and air handler (Unico). The system failed in late August 2015 but the installation was performed in Winter 2016.

06/12/2016

Charles T.

Tech very courteous and professional. Gave Angie's List price instead of usual service call price.

Description of Work
Emergency service call on a Sunday. Tech arrived one hour after I called and diagnosed problem. Need to order part, which they will do tomorrow (manufacturer not open on Sunday). Will return ASAP to replace part.

04/19/2016

Billy D.

Jimmy was very knowledgeable and efficient. I appreciated all of the info he told me and he even called me back later in the day to correct something he had said.

Description of Work
Inspected our HVAC unit and gave recommendations on repairing vs replacing unit.

04/07/2016

mark g S.

Perfectly. Except for the price of items that were found to be in need of repair. Although I trusted that they would have done a professional repair, my regular plumber did the same work for about 40% less. I realized that the introductory price for the evaluation was to impress us (and they did!)...but I now assume that the evaluation was performed at a very low price in order to attract me for future work. They would have gained me as a regular customer had their repair pricing been close to that of my regular plumber.

Description of Work
A complete cleaning, testing and evaluation of our cooling and heating systems. An impressive and valuable visit.

12/31/2015

KATHY D.

Very professional, considerate, informative and efficient service. I was very satisfied and comfortable with the service provided. I will be using them for my air conditioning service as well as hot water heater replacement.

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected gas furnace. Replaced filter. Provided mandatory certification of yearly inspection for HOA.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We at Adam Mechanical aim to ensure that our customers are always well informed. Thank you for your feedback!

12/08/2015

Paul M.

I received 4 estimates on having this work done and decided to go with Adam Mechanical. Seth came to my home to estimate what would be required to replace my existing components. He provided pricing for different options, as I requested, and contacted me afterwards to see if I had any questions. When I told him that I was still getting quotes, he did not apply any pressure but simply asked to contact him if I needed any additional info. Once I received the other quotes I contacted Seth with some questions and we were able to come to an agreement on what was to be installed and the final cost. The techs (Anthony, Daryl and Eric), that worked on the install, were courteous and professional. The removal of the existing and installation of the new units was done without any issues. A few weeks after the work was done, the field supervisor (Zach) stopped to make sure the installation went well and to see if I had any questions. I highly recommend Adam Mechanical to anyone looking for HVAC installation.

Description of Work
Replaced existing gas furnace, central AC, humidifier and hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our business and recognizing our values as a company.

DiBiase Heating & Cooling Company

Since 2008, DiBiase Heating and Cooling Company has been West Chester’s go-to source for heating, air conditioning, indoor air quality services, water heater services, and more! Available in Downington, Chester Springs, and all of the surrounding areas, we specialize in fast, effective workmanship and customer-focused service that leaves our customers 100% satisfied. From installations and replacements to preventative maintenance, our licensed, insured, trained, and certified team members take care of everything your equipment needs to keep your home environment comfortable, clean, and healthy. Our doors are open 24/7, and we’re always available to provide you with same-day appointments, virtual consultations, free proposals, and more. Call today to let our team make your home as comfortable as possible!

R.F.BONDURANT Plumbing & Heating

Welcome to the website of Richard F. Bondurant Plumbing & Heating LLC, one of Pennsylvania's most respected providers of plumbing and heating services. We are a full service family-owned and operated plumbing and heating contractor. For more than 30 years, we've provided our customers with the most efficient on-the-sport service possible. Your needs and our reputation are extremely important to us. This is why we stand behind everything we sell and install. Whether your're constructing your new home, looking to remodel your bathroom, needing to update your hot water heating system or simply needing to fix a leaky faucet, we have one goal in mind: togive you superior services at a great value. Our staff of professionals receive continuous training and education on new and current technologies. As a member of the Plumber-Heating-Cooling-Contractors Association (PHCC), all work performed will meet or exceed local & state plumbing code standards. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.

Valdel Plumbing

Residential Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Service. Owners have over 30 years of experience. Proudly servicing Montgomery County, Chester County, Delaware County and lower Bucks County with professional, personal and timely service. Guaranteed respect for you, your time and your home. No job is too big or too small. Call us today for Expert Service, Quality Products, and Affordable Price!

Offers by Valdel Plumbing on Angi

PA030336
    Pennsylvania
    Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
    07/01/2023
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal, Financing

Air Conditioners, Furnaces, Gas Boilers, Heat Pumps, Whole-House Humidifers, Air Cleaners, UV Lights, Zoning, and Oil to Gas Conversions.

Adam Mechanical does not service or install window air conditioning units. Adam Mechanical does not service oil-fired heating units.