Abram W Bergey & Sons Inc

Founded 1942 • With Angi since February 2004

311 S Main St Box 85

Harleysville, PA 19438

Sales & installation of carpet, vinyl, hardwood, ceramic tile, laminate, natural stone, formica, corian, granite, quartz. Additional DBA - Abram Bergey & Sons....

06/02/2017

Carol M.

The electricians worked steadily for two days to complete our electric service upgrade. They answered all our questions and minimized the time we were without electrical power. The new service is working fine and a definite improvement over our old breaker boxes. They had to move our electric meter, which cost extra. Excellent work overall!

Description of Work
Electric service upgrade to meet current building codes. New breakers/breaker box and 200amp service.

Category electrician

06/26/2016

Diane G.

It was the Friday before Easter. The installers were rushing like crazy.The install of the carpet looked ok, even though one of the installers told me it was cheap carpet. I did not pay for cheap carpet. I chose very expensive carpet to last. The installers were very rough on my master bedroom furniture (detailed/carved sleigh bed set, marble topped dresser and other carved furniture/matching pieces to the set). When I found them being extremely rough I intervened immediately. They had huddled all the carved furniture into a pile. The furniture was piled against itself, bumping. When I was cleaning the pieces from handprints and etc. is when I found all the scratches and gouges in my furniture and a broken mirrored armoire in the guest room (a two piece mirrored carved closet broken at connection supports). I called the company immediately. The boss/owner was on vacation. I spoke with him once he returned and he told me I should have called when it happened. I did... he wasn't available. I spoke with the assistants in the office who kept telling me how busy they were (everyone on vacation at the same time) and put me in his voice mail. It took quite a while to get someone up here to repair the armoire because they only wanted to come out to my home when they were in the area. It was a heavy piece, two pieces just sitting on top of each other. It could have fallen over and killed someone. He also told me they never had a complaint before so my complaint would not be considered. I guess they will never have a complaint if they don't acknowledge rough/wrong doing from the installers. One of the workers (non furniture maker/non professional) came up with a helper and reattached the broken armoire and dropped off stain for me to repair all the damages to my furniture. Of course they were unprepared with no sliders to move the heavy piece (it's a good thing I had a set) just like when recently I had them install congoleum at the addition entrance and rear. The installed didn't have any tarps to lay down on my white carpet ...it was a rainy day and he was tracking dirt from the driveway in. We used my bathroom towels. The company was located 8 minutes from my home. Gee...thanks fellows. I will never use or recommend your company ever again.

Description of Work
Installed carpet in 3 small bedrooms.

Category carpet installation

02/27/2016

Jennifer T.

It went great! They pulled up all the carpet and disposed of it. They put down the hardwood and trim. The guys were really nice and were willing to put up with our friendly cat:) The floors look fantastic! We're thrilled with the work they did. I would recommend Bergey & Sons....infact, I'm in the process of using them again for flooring in a newly refinished master closet and carpet in my sons rooms.

Description of Work
Pulled up the carpet in most of the first and second floors of our house and then put down hardwood floors.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you for the business, [Member Name Removed]!

08/24/2015

Tricia G.

Great customer service and beautiful finished product. We had good communication with the whole team involved and jobs were completed on-time and on budget. Would definitely consider Bergey's next time a need arises.

Description of Work
Removed all old flooring and installed beautiful new hard wood flooring in majority of downstairs. Also, installed new tile in Launday and Powder rooms.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

01/27/2015

Margaret A.

They were very helpful is assisting us with choosing the product. They came out to our home and measured and discussed options. We went to the store to pick out the product and they spent a very long time with us discussing the pros and cons of various options for our situation. The installer helped us move all the furniture. During the installation, he caught a recurring manufacturer's defect in the laminate we chose. It became quite a drawn out process, as they had to order new product and remove what was already installed. Since that resulted in quite a disruption in our household, they really expedited the process and sent multiple people to make the job go faster when the new product arrived. The end result was gorgeous and very professionally done. All of the people we dealt with were very friendly and truly experts in their craft and customer service. I do wish we had known ahead that there would be so much dust and dirt, so that we could have prepared better to protect furniture, paintings, etc. We would recommend them very highly. This is the second flooring job they have done for us and we would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Removed carpet and installed textured laminate flooring.

01/01/2015

Carol M.

I had used Bergey's in the past for vinyl flooring in a bathroom and was very pleased with the product and the installation. This time I was shopping for hardwoord flooring for my house. Sales reps were very helpful in pointing me to the appropriate product samples. I was able to take samples home to see what product would best suit my home. We had to do the installation in stages due to having to move furniture. Bergey's worked with me on the installation dates. Bill arrived as scheduled to install the flooring and did an excellent job with the installation. I would definitely recommend Bergey's for flooring products/installation.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood flooring.

11/24/2014

matthew L.

The store is just down the road from our home. We have used them in the past for purchase and installation of flooring. Great customer service. Getting samples is no problem. Nice selection of manufacturers, price ranges and quality of materials right in store. So easy to use for finding out the right material for your application. The materials I ordered were received at store ahead of their estimated time of arrival. We purchased Armstrong Altera floor tiles and their adhesives and grout. All products are working out great. I must have spent two months carting samples back and forth until I finally found the right one. The Bergey family was extremely helpful and accommodating the entire time. We will continue to use them in future flooring projects.

Description of Work
Provided flooring and adhesives for a bathroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

10/13/2014

Raymond K.

We have used bergeys on several occasions. Their prices are reasonable, they are friendly and responsive and their work is outstanding. They stay on schedule

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

09/05/2014

Michelle S.

I have used Abram W Bergey & Sons over the past several years prior to being an Angie's List member. I have always been very satisfied with their products and service. I just recently had them replace carpeting in 2 bedrooms, hall and stairs. Again they did an excellent job! They even vacuum when they are done! Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
New Carpet Installed

09/23/2013

Terri S.

The process is ongoing because I've got some other things going. The estimated price is about $7500 I think. So far it’s been great. It’s a big job and so I want to make sure that I have the right people. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Abram W Bergey & Sons for doing my flooring and it’s been ongoing. I’m using them right now. They are tearing out and replacing the floors in my kitchen, bathroom and laundry room.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

04/18/2013

chris A.

They are an excellent company to work with; the sales people are patient and helpful, and the installers are effcient and professional. They came to us at the end of the job and said they noticed a scratch on the lower portion of our bed. They didn't know if they did it, but they were pretty sure it wasn't there at the start of the job. The installers mentioned it to us before they left,and the owner of the company called that evening to discuss it, and see if there was anything they needed to do. I said it was nothing, and could touch it up with some stain. I told him it says a lot about their company that the workers and management are so concientious.

Description of Work
Bergey's installed laminate flooring in our foyer, hallway, dining room, living room and powder room. They installed carpet on the stairs, second floor hallway, as well as the master bedroom. They also took care of all removal of the old carpet and moved the furnture.

02/18/2013

Barry B.

We were comparing the cost of refinishing our Bruce hardwood oak flooring to replacing a large section. Randy Bergey visited and gave good advice. It turned out to be more economical to refinish the whole 600 square feet to insure a perfect match.

Description of Work
Remove and install hardwood flooring (500 square feet)

02/12/2013

Leonard B.

Project was installed exactly as promised , very neat work , completely pleased with the installation and quality of material.

Description of Work
Needed a floor installed in a small room with a special configuration apparently not done on a normal bases. Because the room gets allot of water on the floor for washing we had to have continue up the wall about 5 inches.

08/06/2012

Marcy S.

The service was very nice, we very satisfied with the service. We were very happy.

Description of Work
They laid our kitchen and bathroom floor.

01/26/2012

THOMAS B.

e It went very well , estimate was given , date was set one worker removed the old vinyl the next day another worker put the new tile in.They all did an excellent job

Description of Work
Removal of old tile and prepping the floor for the new vinyl tiles. Applied the new tile and finishing details.

12/15/2011

Heather W.

Bergey's was the second company I had quote on this job. I started working with Randy who helped me choose the flooring and estimated the cost. He scheduled removal of the old carpeting and delivery of the hardwood for Tuesday. This process was much cleaner than I anticipated. Chris and Dave worked in such a way as to minimize the dirt from the removal of the old carpet. On Wednesday Bill arrived to install the flooring. By Friday the installation was complete and everything was back in place. Bergey's made this project as easy on me as possible. One minor issue was addressed quickly and they moved on to finish on schedule. My floors are beautiful and I will definitely use Bergey's for future projects.

Description of Work
Removed old carpeting and installed hardwood flooring in three rooms and a hallway

Category hardwood floor

09/29/2011

Brent S.

They arrived and left on time, they cleaned up, were courteous and we'd hire them again in an instant. As a matter of fact, we recently moved and they are scheduled to do new carpet installation at our new house next week.

Description of Work
Bergeys removed carpet from our stairs, hallway, son's bedroom, master bedroom and walk-in closets. Installed carpets in our stairs, hallway, son's bedroom, master bedroom and walk-in closets.

05/24/2011

Caryl F.

We visited the showroom, made some choices and brought samples home. An estimator came to measure and provided a detailed report about a week later. Unfortunately we found that our first choice, which included hardwood-like flooring, was beyond our budget and switched to a combination of flooring and carpet. The revised estimate was higher than that of a local provider for the same items and we contracted locally.

Description of Work
We did not use this provider - although we have in the past. We were looking at a combination of carpeting and flooring for our entire home and took advantage of a better estimate for the same choices.

12/22/2010

Ralph M.

They did an excellent job installing everything I have purchased from them. Their staff (in store and installers) are friendly and easy to work with. My only omplaint with them is that they seem to have trouble communicating amongst themselves and also with the customer. You need to stay on top of them to coordinate installation scheduling, etc. However they do have a good selection of products and they are very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. Their installers do excellent work - they also clean-up afterwards and are they are nice guys.

Description of Work
Purchased and had ceramic tile installed by Bergey's. Previously this year (2010) I also purchased and had carpet and laminate flooring installed by them.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

07/22/2010

Francis S.

Everything went eceptionally well. Wood and installation were both high quality. The cost for removal of the existing vinyl and plywood layers was $400.00 (included in above price) as opposed to a $2,000.00 qoute we received from a national building supply chain.The higher end hardood was very reasonably priced on a sale.

Description of Work
Removed 2 layers of old vinyl & plywood flooring in kitchen anf foyer and old carpets in livng and dining rooms. Installed Mirage Red Oak solid hardwood in all four rooms. Salesman/estimator and installer were both excellent.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

07/21/2010

Denis P.

Randy came and measured the space about one week before the install. We visited the showroom and picked out our flooring pattern. Bill installed the floor within one week of finalizing the order.

Description of Work
Bergey's installed new vinyl flooring in our kitchen, hallway, laudry room and powder room. They were very neat, efficient, and professional. The new floor looks fantastic and the installation job was perfect. We are very pleased with their work and will use them again.

LEN G.

My experience with them was positive, very good. Overall, I am happy with the product and installation. I would recommend them and use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They installed all new hard wood floors downstairs.

Category hardwood floor

elaine A.

They were excellent. The crew was very courteous and did a wonderful job with the floors. There was one little hitch after the fact, but they came over the day after I called and got it taken care of with no charge.

Description of Work
They came out to redo the majority of the carpets in my home.

Category carpet installation

elaine A.

Everything was great. They did a wonderful job with the tiling. The crew was on time and there weren't any hang ups. Everything went perfectly and I was very pleased.

Description of Work
The completely retiled my bathroom for a remodel I was doing.

Category ceramic tile

07/23/2007

CASSANDRA M.

The people from Bergey were a pleasure to work with and the work is outstanding. We got exactly what we wanted. Their price was a bit higher than the estimate because they had to do some unexpected re-plumbing work to complete the job.

Description of Work
They installed marble tile on the floor, ceramic tile on the walls and a custom mosaic shower bed in my small, 6 X 8 foot bathroom.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, marble & granite

Sila Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical

Live Your Most Comfortable Life with a Company You Trust. We offer Same Day Service and Next Day Installation! Sila has been the center of delighting homeowners since 1989, with our team of engineers, certified technicians, and system designers that are proud to deliver the highest level of expertise in the HVAC industry. Whether it’s a repair, replacement, installation, or service, we have an unwavering commitment to keeping you and your family comfortable and safe — season after season. We guarantee satisfaction and are proud to have earned over 7,000 “A” ratings on Angie’s List and its prestigious Super Service Award!

Offers by Sila Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical on Angi
    Chris' Custom Tile

With 12 years experience, I can handle any job big or small. As a small buisness owner all the work is done by me personally, Chris. The sole proprietor of Chris' Custom Tile. I offer fair pricing and personal service. I will do my best to work with any budget to make your vision a reality. Whether it's new construction or remodeling, repairs or regrouts, I can help you achieve the kitchen bathroom, foyer or basement of your dreams.

Brandon Electric Inc

Brandon Electric, Inc., has been serving Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware, and Chester Counties for more than 30 years. Our company is licensed and fully insured. We offer 24-hour emergency service and our crews are radio dispatched daily in your area. We carry workman's comp for all our employees and never use sub-contractors. All of our trucks have company signs and our employees wear uniforms. We have 10 fully stocked and radio dispatched trucks in your neighborhoods daily. Award winning. Cost is determined by the job. 16 employees. Travel charges may apply. Additional phones - (215) 947-2203, (215) 657-4303, (610)565-1400, (215) 244-9120, (215) 355-6520.

Offers by Brandon Electric Inc on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Carpet sales, installation, ceramic tile, hardwood, laminate flooring, vinyl, kitchen counter tops, tub decks & back splashes.