America's Basement Contractor

Founded 2008 • With Angi since April 2010

461 Second St

Greenville, PA 16125

America's Basement Contractor is your source for basement waterproofing, foundation repair and mold removal in the Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio. The most important part of your home's structure is it's foundation. Don't let water and mold destroy your home. Stop the destruction early and save money from future destruction with America's Basement Contractor. Toll free call 877-222-4023. Additional email - carl.spigelmeyer@gmail.com....

09/29/2017

Christina U.

The crew got it done in 2 days. They worked very hard and did a very good job.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing (interior french drains), mold removal, and wall treatment

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

04/01/2017

Carmella T.

...............................................................

Description of Work
......................................................................................

01/09/2017

William M.

Price is an A I collected three quotes for this project and they were by far the best quote we got. They even helped us out so we could get the complete system with the Durawall Panels. Quality is a B mostly because the concrete that is on top of the drainage system is extremely thin. I can knock on it and hear plastic so that makes me nervous that if anything bigger than a quarter hits it, that it is going to break. Responsiveness is an A we were able to get a hold of them any time we needed and they were very flexible with their scheduling to come out and give us an estimate as well as to get our project done. Punctuality got a N/A as I do not live at the home so I cannot comment on the punctuality of the workers. Professionalism is a B The two individuals I spoke with were very professional and easy to talk to. They were very good about keeping us up to date on when they were going to start and they kept to their projected timeline as well. However, They had a mishap on our job and had I not noticed something had changed I am not sure they would have said anything. A couple of complaint I do have about the project are as follows: Clean up was not as good as I hoped. On some of the Durawall Panels there is mud part way up the wall. The floor was not swept very good after project completion. I was told I did not have to take my outlets off the walls before work started, but they did take them off and did not put them back on after they were done. But all of that is minor because as long as my basement is dry like they claim it will be I am more than happy.

Description of Work
The basement in our rental property has water issues. The water never really came in the walls, most of our issues were with the floor. The water would just seep up through the floor, around the edges and just randomly in the middle of the floor as well. Specs of project 104 ft. of drain system 104 ft. of polydrain 864 sq. ft. or durawall 1 - 3/4 HP sump pump

11/29/2016

MARY R.

Description of Work

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

07/13/2016

Brenda S.

01/20/2016

Pamela M.

Based on his recommendations, I decided the basement problems were more than I wanted to deal with in this house. However, Carl performed this service at NO COST to me, based on the promise that I would contract him for the job, should I decide to go ahead with the purchase.

Description of Work
I called Carl for an estimate on fixing a water problem in the basement of a house I was considering buying. He called me back promptly, arranged to look at the basement, and was punctual and professional. He gave me his opinion on what the problems were (inadequate drainage system), pointed out the mold that was growing on the beams, suggested the home use a larger dehumidifier, and gave me a written estimate of the cost of remedying the situation.

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

11/03/2015

Vince M.

Description of Work
Carl came in on time with a good estimate. The service crew did a very good job in our basement. We are very satisfied with their work.

07/07/2015

Jonathan S.

Got the entire job complete in one day which I was pleased with. Explained the entire process and answered any questions I may have in the future regarding this system. Did a great job in the basement, everything looks excellent, and was done efficiently. Only complaint is they dumped some excess concrete down by my fence in the backyard. That should have been put in their truck.

Description of Work
Put in around 54 feet of new quick flow drains, sump pump, and battery backup.

06/22/2015

George C.

10/10/2014

Patricia H.

It went very well. The guys were very professional and careful with our walls in main area of house when bringing jack hammered material out of basement. There is a lot of residual dust in basement which need to get cleaned. The only complaint I have is that the furnace was not wrapped during the drilling and the junk that had been air made it into our furnance electrostatic filters. I would encourage folks to use them, but to put plastic up around main house doorways so the dust is minimal in rest of house. Also anything left in basement REALLY needs to be taped up well. Lots of fine particle dust.

Description of Work
Installed french drain system w 3/4 hp pump in our basement, applied enviroshield coating in main areas and crawl space to address mold, leveled existing gravel and dirt in crawl space and installed 20 mil plastic on walls and ground ( floor to ceiling).

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Thank you so much for your thoughts. We really appreciate the positive feed back.

10/04/2013

steven P.

AJ and crew did a nice job and were flexible in scheduling after discovering carpenter ants in floor joists. What a big difference having a dry crawlspace!

Description of Work
encapsulated basement crawl space and replaced insulation under floor

Category basement waterproofing

It was a pleasure doing business with you. Enjoy those Penn State Football Games!

08/21/2013

Tomasina T.

The gentleman who came to do the estimate was very professional and friendly. He looked at our basement and gave us a quote right on the spot. He said it would be a 4 day job. The proposal states that after 21 days the company may withdraw the proposal but when we accepted 6+ weeks later they kept the original price. The workers showed up on the agreed upon day and the actually finished 1 day earlier than stated.

Description of Work
The contractor put a drain around the inside wall of our basement, installed a sump pump, installed a run to a dry well (which they also installed) scraped and cleaned our basement walls, sprayed the walls with a mold remover/cleaner and painted the walls with a microbial epoxy. The drains come with a lifetime warranty and the wall epoxy has a 10 year no mold warranty, both which are transferable.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, mold removal

Thank you for having us to your home. We hope you are still enjoying a dry basement!

08/06/2013

Miriam (Mickey) & Joel R.

This group was excellent. Details were explained in full before work was done and it was noted what we wanted and didn't want to have done. We would definitely call them again and recommend them to others for work well done.

Description of Work
+ removal of wall cabinets in basement and in garage...disposal of what we didn't need + waterproofing of basement and garage + installation of 2 sump pumps +cleaning of all mold in basement and in garage +removal of old commode in basement +installment of 118 feet of internal French drain

Category basement waterproofing, wells

06/12/2013

Susan B.

Work crew came on time, when they said they could come. They were polite and went right to work. The foreman kept me informed about how long it would take and showed me the work they completed each day. Sealed a spot by my side door, where they driveway was low so water could not seep into foundation block.

Description of Work
1) 118 lineal exterior floating drain system installed. 2) Installed 3hp sump pump (submersible) 3) Clean and kill mold with antibacterial spray and apply everosheild mold eliminator. 10 year mold warranty, 3 year manufacture's warranty on sump pump motor.

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

05/19/2013

Sylvia P.

Our house was built in 1892 and had weep holes as drainage (little troughs that go from the outer walls to the main drain). We wanted to get rid of water in the basement and install French drains. The appraiser, Joe, was early, nice, professional and straightforward. The price on the appraisal was the price we paid. We dealt with Melanie for scheduling, and she was organized and professional. The work was done on schedule within 10 days of the quote. There was a snag when a pipe in the basement floor (where the main drain for the house entered the floor) cracked because of nearby work and leaked slightly. However, once we called Melanie, she immediately had the president of the company call us back. They returned immediately and fixed it. We would definitely use this company again because of their promptness and professionalism.

Description of Work
Installed French drains in basement around 75% of the perimeter and repainted basement floor.

05/10/2013

Joan F.

An ABC representative showed up on time for the scheduled appointment. He examined the problem I'm having in my basement and concluded that he was not willing to take on the job. The issue with the basement is water damage to the plaster that's applied over the cinderblock walls. The source of the water damage has been resolved; the current problem is that the plaster is flaking and crumbling in places, and becoming moldy. The ABC representative said that the best approach would be to remove the plaster from the cinder block, but that he had no idea how much time and labor it would take, and was not willing to tackle the job. I was somewhat taken aback, as I assumed that a company called "America's Basement Contractors" would have the knowledge, experience and manpower to do a job like this one. I should add that this company is one of four that I have contacted to give me an estimate. At this point three have looked at the job (the fourth is scheduled for next week); the other two have indicated that they can do this kind of work and have given me estimates to do so. ABC left me scratching my head....

Description of Work
A representative of the company came to give an estimate for work needed.

05/08/2013

Paula D.

Found AJ to be very professional, he answered all my questions and concerns. Actually followed up multiple times to answer any questions and deliver more information for our consideration. The price was good and the work was done as promised. The crew was very professional and polite. I would recommend them for any work you may be considering.

Description of Work
Waterproofing, wall supports with sump pump installation.

10/09/2012

Saundra A.

Over all the work went well and the problem was fixed in a timely manner. It has rained a number of times since installation and there has been no leaking. I have heard the sump pump running. When the leak was first apparent I thought It had been a one time thing due to an extremely hard rain. I wet vaccumed and dried out the carpet. it rained several more times and the problem got worse, by the time I realized I had a major problem the black mold was climbing up the wall above my chest of drawers, at the bottom all down one wall and into a closet where it proceeded to cover everything. This all happened in a very short time, about 3 weeks. When I called America's Basement Contractor they were booked for over a month. I asked Melanie if she could put me on a cancellation list which she did. She called me the next day and had a crew working in four days. I would not hesitate to reccomend them to anyone I know.

Description of Work
There was a leak in my basement causing it to flood in one section. Black mold had climbed about 3 feet up the wall, covered all my shoes in one closet, started to attack my chest of drawers and eveything had to be aired or washed. ABC's crew came in on time, moved furniture, took out wall, reinforced crumbling foundation, installed french drain and sump pump, did mold remediation, sprayed a mold retardent and installed a moisture barrier. The crew was punctual, hardworking and polite.

10/26/2011

Joe S.

After I contacted, they came out quickly and gave bid. After I accepted, they work in timely manner. I had to co-ordinate their work with plumber and was able to do so easily with them. Everything went smoothly.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and sump pump.

07/09/2011

Laura K.

Very well. Jude was professional, patient with my questions, and helpful during estimate process. Crew that arrived was on time, professional, did good work, and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Interior french drains with pump in basement. Cleaned and treated walls and covered with white, thin covering (can't recall name, sorry) that helps direct wall condensaton to perimeter drain, brightens walls, and (slightly) insulates.

06/21/2011

Chester L.

We had a leak in the basement and were trying to make sure it would drain out properly if it continued happening. They started working on 5/16 and didn't finish until 6/19. When they came out the first time they omitted putting a drain in at the water heater that was in the contract. The day after they left I discovered the missing drain. I called and was told they would come out to fix the problem. A week and a half later I still had not gotten a response. I was told the person I was trying to contact is not good at communicating. I was told he would be here on Wednesday and called to say he had been delayed and would be here the next Sunday. He did finally come and finish. The cleanup was awful. He just moved dirt around in the basement and on the stairs. They backed their vehicle into the yard and into my neighbors yard and left a rut which upset her very much.

Description of Work
I had them install a French drain system in my basement.

Category basement waterproofing

ABC would first like to thank the member and his wife for his business, they were both on sight during the process and very cordial and prompt during the whole project. ABC completed the install within the 2-3 day period which he had desired. The drain, which was ommitted was overlooked on the installation and we greatly apologized. There was a break in the communication as our lead foreman had gotten married and taken two weeks off during the period. He did however make arrangements that fit his busy schedule, and the schedule of the member to place the drain in at no extra charge. On a Sunday evening, unpaid, the foreman drove over an hour both to and from Erie to install a drain in the floor so that the member would have closer access in the floor to drain his hot water heater (seasonal maintenance). The whole installation took roughly 30 minutes and was no where as invasive as the original installation. A.B.C. did provide a competitive bid for the work provided, which was lower than other competitors bidding on the member's basement project. We find it unjust and unwarranted to give a failing grade for price on a project that had the lowest bid among it's competitors. Cleanup is a rough subject when talking about interior french drains. The projects involve dust, mud, water and concrete and are always done in areas of the house that normally don't receive the white glove treatment to start with. A.B.C. states SPECIFICALLY IN OUR CONTRACT that upon completion of our projects, install crews will broom sweep the area of all work related debris. We typically go above and beyond by spraying dust off the floors and walls (when allowable) and wiping down hand rails and steps. It is impossible to provide a full maid service when we are finished and maintain competitive bids, which thus is why we state on our contracts a broom sweep only policy. The lead foreman did hand wipe down the member's stairs top to bottom and the clean up that dust as well. ABC moved all items of the member's to the center of the room before starting, which included 100's of small tools and similar items that were spread out around the floor, in no sense or reason. ABC moved shelving, and a washer and dryer unit away from the work area as well. All items were then draped with drop clothes to protect them from "adding" any construction dust. ABC furnished over an hours worth labor moving and then replacing the larger items for the member before and after the project. ABC also worked around and under the partial frame work of a unused model train set which added both time and difficulty to the project, but did not reflect that added cost to the member. We also do find our equipment to be cumbersome in the tighter spaces a city provides. ABC personally apologizes to the member and his Neighbor for any damage to the yard they felt ABC had created. Again, our foreman inspected the yard for repair that Sunday when he was there and found no visible signs of any sinkage, ruts, or grass displacement at all. In conclusion, the member hired ABC to fix his water problem in his 70 year old block foundation home from the interior of the house. ABC delivered that promise, with the best products available today, with the lowest quoted price, within a timeline that met the needs of the member, and with the courtesy and profesionalism to address the minor mistake of ommiting a drain. Note to date: the member basement water problem has been fixed and will be warranted for leaks for the lifetime of the structure.

03/10/2011

Pat C.

They finished the job in the end of September. It is completely guaranteed for the next 10 years as being waterproof. With all the rain we have had, we had no water. We needed it because it was very wet before that. I was worried at first, but they did a fabulous job. It was pretty expensive, but we needed it before all the rain and snow started so that's why we went with them. We have not had any leaks despite all of the inches and inches of rain. They were here when they said they would be. I would use them again in the future and I would absolutely recommend them.

Description of Work
Americas Basement Contractor totally waterproofed our basement. They re-dug all the trenches in our basement and put in 2 sump pumps.

Category excavators, basement waterproofing, wells

10/19/2010

Lizette O.

There work was fine. They were professional. They showed up on time. It was done at a reasonable cost. What they stated in their quote was what they did. I strongly recommend them.

Description of Work
They did foundation repair. They also did basement waterproofing.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

05/26/2010

William C.

We still don't know what to do that because we called the two top rated companies, and they gave us completely different recommendations. Insofar as their punctuality and professionalism, they were excellent.

Description of Work
They did consulting. They came and gave us an evaluation on waterproofing our basement.

04/09/2010

Jeff T.

Carl was excellent to work with. While the concrete work was technically outside his company's scope, he worked with a local concrete expert that was also excellent. All work was performed in a professional and timely manner. All construction materials were cleaned up and removed from our property. All work was performed as agreed with no subsequent price adjustments. I'd gladly use them again.

Description of Work
Waterproofed a storage area under our front door, replaced the entire concrete deck at front door.