McCrea Heating & Air Conditioning Services of PA

Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
03/18/2022

151 Commerce Ave

Greencastle, PA 17225

McCrea is a family owned business that has served our area since 1936. Financing and rebates are available on Trane systems installed by McCrea. Resistrictions apply and these are limited time offers call for details. "Its hard to stop a Trane"...

HVAC Companies (300)air duct cleaning (6)water heaters (4)home energy audit (1)

11/02/2021

John R.

As always, whichever McCrea service person arrives to work on my air conditioner/furnace, they are always friendly, willing to engage in discussion about my systems, and knowledgeable about what they are working on. I always gets a text and email the day before the scheduled service visit, as well as about 30 minutes before they are due to arrive. This was the first time I used the tracking link provided so I knew when he was going to arrive at my house. Going on 6 years using McCrea and I have never had a problem with them.

Description of Work
Annual winter furnace maintenance per service contract

Work Completed On 11/02/2021

08/03/2021

John L.

Rob was the service technician who came by for check up on our Trane AC Unit. He was professional and courteous. He took time to explain and label damper settings for future reference. He was the best HVAC technician I have ever encountered thus far. Rob is definitely an asset to McCrea company. If I ever need service again, I want Rob to be the one to service my AC Unit. Thank you!

Description of Work
Routine Annual Check Up

Work Completed On 08/03/2021

05/07/2021

Mandie N.

The service from start to finish was amazing. The staff was friendly and punctual. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
Air conditioning and furnace replacement

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

01/05/2021

mark Z.

Very professional. Very Knowledgeable. The equipment is the best I've seen for the price. And I've seen a lot of them. Commercial and residential. I would not use anyone else. HVAC companies are not all the same. Believe me, I know. Have had years of experience overseeing Commerical HVAC contracts.

Description of Work
Installation of a new system

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

10/10/2020

John L.

The whole house could hear the vibration when our two year old Tran xv20i heat pump was at 67% work load. It seems the issue started from day one it was installed. Tried to reach out the installer but they went under. In June, I called McCrea. Mark Dzbynski came over, carefully checked everything and then concluded that refrigerant was not charged to the correct capacity. He explained that our system line is longer than usually and additional refrigerant is needed to compensate the length. He carefully calculated and addded the correct amount based on the temperate & length. From June and Oct, the vigration never came back. No one can tell when the system is on because it works so quietly. I really appraicate the work done by Mark and his work ethinics. Very pleased!

Description of Work
Tran xv20i heat pump abnormally

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

08/26/2020

Cynthia S.

Lily was great. Very nice and she got my unit working. I'm so very thankful that she got it fixed.

Description of Work
My a/c unit quit working

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

08/16/2020

James P.

It went wonderful. I was without A/C for a week and a half due to the new compressor having to be ordered for my system. I was told they would arrive between 8am and 12. They were right on time and started the work right away. Mario and Dwayne work together like peas and carrots. No wasted movements in their work. One man down inside my tall outdoor unit working, and one outside prepping and handing tools. When finished, they made all the necessary checks for leaks, pressure and other related checks. It was 85 degree's in the house, and within a few hours, it was 72 degree's. I was finally able to get a good nights sleep. Thank you McCrea. These men worked hard in the sun and heat just so I was comfortable. I have COPD, what a relief to breath. These men are professional and a great asset to your firm. They even put shoe booties on before entering my home. That to me is respect for the home owner and professional. Great work guys. Thanks again.

Description of Work
Outdoor compressor needed replaced.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

08/15/2020

Cyndy T.

Lily showed me pics of ducts that need repair. My unit is 18 years old and can’t get parts. Working better after maintenance visit, but. I’ll be shopping for a new system

Description of Work
Spring maintenance

Category air duct cleaning,energy audit

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

I like to offer you a free in home estimate I have opening on 8/17 1pm or later. Tuesday 8/18 is wide open. This is not a service call but a estimate on a new systems. Jim Mills McCrea Heating and AC 703-835-2851

08/15/2020

Carol E.

Everything went great. I am very satisfied

Description of Work
New air conditioning system installed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

08/08/2020

John O.

McCrea technician, Lily, was responsive to all of our questions and completed the checkup quickly. She was able to resolve the unknown drainage problems in the same visit.

Description of Work
Annual HVAC checkup and maintenance

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

Air duct cleaning, energy efficiency auditing, generators, sheet metal repair, water heaters, heating & AC.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing