Best Contracting

Founded 2009 • With Angi since January 2010

3624 E Newport Rd.

Gordonville, PA 17529

Best Contracting specializes in Commercial and Residential exterior renovations including storm damage to Roofing, Siding, and Gutters. In addition our Best Contracting remodeling division offers Deck and Patio installs. Call us today to schedule a Free consultation!...

04/22/2020

Christopher B.

I could not be happier with my experience with Best Contracting. From our first appt with Nate to the end of the process he was there ever step of the way to answer any, and all questions. Very professional, and easy going people. I would absolutely hire again if needed.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

02/13/2020

Steven H.

Simply put: I cannot say enough good about my first experience with BEST Contracting. When my roof was damaged by weather, Jeremy of BEST was there to help me to navigate the journey to a replacement roof, from the initial estimate to working with the insurance company and through the installation and follow-up. I now have 50 year shingles, a great looking roof, and I know that my guarantee is backed by BEST. BEST showed up at my house at 8:00 a.m. on the scheduled day for work, and by late afternoon had stripped off the old asphalt shingles, installed the new ones, cleaned up thoroughly around the house, and removed all of their equipment. I had always expected that getting a new roof would imply a few days of inconvenience, but there wasn’t even a moment of that. By the time I returned home from work, the job was done, my driveway was open, and the roof made the entire house look like new. In the month following, I found not a single roofing nail or fragment of torn shingle in my gardens or lawn. A few days after the job was completed, a representative from BEST came by to inspect the work, to ensure that the job site had been properly cleaned up, and to double-check with me to confirm my satisfaction with the entire process of getting a new roof installed. Jeremy was accessible by phone and email, and all communications were clear throughout the process. Never was there any pressure to upgrade or add to the project, and Jeremy showed an obvious intent of doing the job to the customer’s satisfaction. At no point in the entire process were there any surprises; everything went exactly as Jeremy said they would, and in my case, the estimate was identical to the invoice. This company is the very definition of PROFESSIONAL. I enthusiastically recommend their work.

Description of Work
Replace asphalt shingle roof

01/20/2019

Philip M.

Not sure of his title but the guy who came out and called was wonderful. He was patient and worked extensively with the insurance adjuster (even though in the end, we did not use insurance). Due to his dedication and that the company was in the middle of the three quotes we obtained. Overall they did a good job, but I was not aware he would not be doing the work or at least on site. In the end, the roof is good work, but I would have asked additional questions regarding the inside of the shed (wood siding).

Description of Work
Shed Roofing and Roof Boot

12/21/2018

Jim H.

Highly recommended Best Contracting. We had our house reroofed and gutter work. Very professional outfit that does outstanding work and tremendously easy to work with. Workmanship on roof and gutter deserves our highest rating as well as the administration requirements that go with contracting. Without hesitation we would use Best Contracting again and we highly recommended to both friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Roofing and gutter

08/13/2017

William C.

Old slate roof replaced with asphalt shingles and complete new gutter and down spout system installed. Excellent workmanship and clean up at a very competitive price. We are very satisfied.

Description of Work
Roofing

05/28/2017

G G.

Their company foundation is good with regards to family and church. They have the technology to measure your roof and still provide a quote even if it is raining outside. John was delayed in calling to say he would be late and arrived 50 minutes past the original appointment time. We requested GAF materials and Timberline HD Lifetime roofing materials. We asked specific questions regarding their workforce, preventing damage to the lawn, insurance liability, contractor numbers, etc., Ultimately, the deciding factor for us when looking at value and price was to go with another contractor that provided the exact same value and was more prompt with a greater longevity of their workforce for about $2,500 less (but not less in service or quality). Out of 3 contractors, I only had 1 who did a follow-up call (not pushy either). Estimate was for a colonial house inclusive of small porch roof and two dormers and garage. Quantity for just roofing shingles 3 tab, 130 mph rating was 20 SQ. I never recommend going with a large company or "fly by night" roofing company so I absolutely suggest getting quotes from local companies like Best who will do it right!

Description of Work
We were getting quotes for roofers -- apples to apples quotes. Material and services exactly the same along with warranty.

07/28/2016

Nicholaos K.

I called them four days ago to set up an appointment for a free estimate and never got a return phone call. Thank you kindly.

Description of Work
I guess they enjoy being unprofessional...and we wonder where quality customer service has gone.

05/06/2016

Scott M.

Best Contracting owner John came to my girlfriends house in March and did a thorough inspection of her roof. not only did she need a new roof, she had skylights that were old and has a roof over a garage and 2 florida rooms. They replaced the roof, the skylights, all of the gutters and placed new caps on all of the vent pipes. They did not leave one spec of debris around her house. And what a beautiful job all around! Can't say enough about this company. Oh, and they were supposed to replace her chimney cap and the owner came and did it himself 2 days later. Again, did not ask for the balance until ALL of the work was done and to her satisfaction!

05/06/2016

Scott M.

Everything went GREAT!. We met at the Philadelphia Home Show in February and the estimator, John B., came out and measured my home for the new gutters. Within a week, I had the proposal, in detail, of the work to be done. Communication was excellent! When you called the company, the owner(s) answered each time! And what GREAT service! All of my questions and concerns were addressed in a timely fashion. They were punctual and did not leave ANY mess behind! They did not want the final bill paid until I was 100% satisfied with the job.

Description of Work
They replaced all of the guttering around my home with seamless gutters. They replaced all of the downspouts as well. They used high quality materials, much better than what I had on the house.

01/13/2016

Christopher B.

Best was simply fantastic. They were done in one day, quality was great and the clean up just as good. Literally found just 1 nail and 1 roof shingle (buried in a shrub near the house) after they completed the job. Highly recommend them. Saw many houses in the neighborhood take 2, 3, even 4 or more days to have the work done.

Description of Work
Best installed a new roof for us - ours was damaged during the May 2014 hailstorm.

01/02/2016

Andy R.

Found Myron's company through the Valley Forge Home Show. We set up an appointment for him to come out and do an estimate. Myron responded either by phone call, text, or email right away whenever we contacted him. He arrived on time and actually got up on our roof to take a look. He suggested that we contact our insurance company due to hail damage. He arranged to be there at the time of the insurance adjuster and worked with him to get the cost of the replacement almost completely covered. The crew showed up the first day on time and got 80-90% of the work done in one day. They worked quickly and efficiently. They cleaned up after themselves, which was a little difficult since it was a very windy day. Some plastic did wind up in our neighbor's tree, which was unable to be removed. They also left our satellite dish dangling, but when I called about it, Myron was very apologetic. They came back a few days later and finished what little was left in just a few hours. Myron was also willing and able to install the skylight blind for the newly installed skylight they replaced with the roof. When he came to install it, he noticed we hadn't yet caulked around the inside of the skylight, so he caulked it for us as well. The roof and skylight look fantastic and we love our new skylight blind. Myron and his crew were professional at all times. We would definitely recommend Best Contracting LLC.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on main house and shed, as well as replaced bathroom skylight and installed skylight blind.

Category remodeling, roofing

09/14/2015

Bob N.

Our home suffered damage from a hail storm and many of the homes in the community were getting their roofs and siding replaced which was covered by their homeowner's insurance. We were originally hesitant thinking that our roof was fine until we took a closer look and saw little holes in the shingles and dents in the metal roof venting and cracks in the window sills. A number of homes were using Best Contracting and they seemed to be the most careful and respectful of bushes and landscaping surrounding the homes they were working on. So I called and talked to Myron Stoltsfus who then met with us to quote the job. He explained how the typical insurance claim works and was spot on in how it ended up working. He provided an estimate to us and the insurance company and then met with the insurance adjuster to go through his estimate as it applied to our house. The claim and estimate were approved by the insurance company and after the job was finished, we received the remaining cash held back and paid it to Best Contracting. for a job well done. Myron was an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to work with. He knew his stuff and was very personable and professional. I would HIGHLY recommend doing business with Myron. I found him very honest and trustworthy and always kept his word. And the quality of their work was top notch.

Description of Work
Replaced our roof, gutters, garage door capping, skylight.

08/19/2015

Marcia H.

My recent experience with Best Contracting has been one of the "best"!! Because of hail damage to my roof, I needed to have it replaced. From the first inspection by John Beiler to writing the final check, John was professional, friendly and helpful in every way. He gave me clear and reasonable explanations as to the work that needed to be done and the process involved. He gave me calm assurance while dealing with a difficult adjuster. The workers who replaced the roof were efficient, friendly and hard-working even while doing so in extreme heat and humidity. Their clean-up was complete. Even after my signing a contract back in April for the cost of the job, when I gave John the final check, he gave me a credit for a coupon that was in a recent advertising magazine. All in all, John Beiler and Best Contracting went "above and beyond" expectations. i am very grateful to John and Best Contracting.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof on my home due to hail damage.

04/30/2015

Peter R.

They provide very good service.

Description of Work
I've used Best Contracting for siding.

Category siding

03/20/2015

Joanne E.

Excellent. I contacted Best Constracting to do major repairs on my home. I saw the work being done on other homes contracted to do work by them and I was totally impressed by their work. I found their workman to be very professional. The job was contracted to Ray Beiler who spent a total of 8 hours with me and also my family to arrive at the products to be used. Needless to say, this was a major overhaul. Some additional gutters were added and redesign to efficiently flow the H2O off the roof. It worked. No more problems. The exterior roofs - fantastic. The siding was done very carefully by one very detailed worker. The exterior is beautiful. I said to Ray "Is this my house?" It looks totally awesome. Let's talk about clean up - all debris was removed from the property timely. All questions were answered accurately. What can I say about this phenomenal experience with very professional contracting company - Best Contracting LLC. Thank you for the opportunity to write this statement to express my gratitude for this very professional and educational experience.

Description of Work
Roofing, siding, gutters as per scope of loss due to major hail storm in Berks Co.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

01/21/2015

Terry A F.

Description of Work
Installed New roof, new siding and new gutters.

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

10/23/2014

Marlene S.

They were always on time and had impeccable communication skills. Anytime I wanted to ask a question, they were available to answer it. They did very good work, and I haven't had a problem with anything in three years. After I had my roof and siding, I called them to do the deck, and I didn't even interview anyone else.

Description of Work
They did a wrap-around deck, garage door windows, a new roof, and new siding. The pretty much replaced the outside of my home.

Category decks, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

06/01/2014

wesley W.

Arrived at 7:30am and were finished by 3pm.Crew was very professonal. The work was completed and everything cleaned up very efficiently.Salesman Ray came to check and make sure everything was ok. He had explained what would be done and why.Several questions came up while the work was being done.They were answered and implemented immediately. When you hire a company you've never heard of,you wonder if you've done the right thing.In this case it couldn't have been better. Thanks Best Contracting.llc for a great job.

Description of Work
New roof,removed 2 layers of shingles and replaced them with a new roof.

07/07/2013

Theodore M.

prompt, returned phone calls in a timely manner; lowest estimate; when unable to start project due to rain (several days) he called and kept us informed; once started, the project was finished in a timely manner

Description of Work
removal of old roof shingles and installation of new roof

04/20/2012

Linda H.

Everything was done in a professional manner. Concerns were addressed with patience and any issues were resolved immediately and quality work was displayed. I am very happy with results.

Description of Work
Replaced aluminum siding ion house with vinyl siding. Replaced alum owning with peaked shingled porch roof, repositioned small roof over basement steps & shingled.

Category roofing, siding

10/07/2011

Peter R.

They did a fantastic job. They were timely and had quick follow up. They were professional.

Description of Work
This was a complete reroof.

08/08/2011

Anthony S.

We have had a couple of issues with the roof, but they have come back to try and fix the issues.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on for us.

08/08/2011

Sheila B.

The work turned out excellent. They were very diligent and organized. They did a wonderful job and I am very pleased. They were very nice and willing to work with me. They stuck with me through thick and then. They are honest and do good workmanship. I would highly recommend them. I was out of state and they met with the insurance company and the inspector and were able to get everything approved for me. It was the final inspection. This was above and beyond what I would expect a general contractor to do and I can't say enough positive things about them.

Description of Work
I had storm damage done to my house. They repaired the roof and installed a beautiful atrium window. They also repaired my deck from hail damage.

Category decks, roofing, replacement windows

Window Genie of Reading

Window Genie is America’s leader in home services. We specialize in window cleaning, window tinting, pressure washing, gutter cleaning and more. Each Window Genie location is locally owned and operated by franchise partners who are dedicated to improving the look and value of homes and small businesses in their communities. Window Genie’s commitment to customer satisfaction and professionalism is what sets us apart from the competition. With over 20 years of experience, Window Genie has earned the trust of homeowners across the nation. You can feel safe knowing our team of field technicians are fully trained, insured, bonded and have passed a background check. Estimates are always free, and our services are more affordable than you think!

Offers by Window Genie of Reading on Angi
    Roof Recovery

When it comes to something as important as your roof, you want to make sure you work with an expert you trust. You can rest easy with us by your side because we: Rely on 29 years of experience Are passionate about what we do Take pride in being punctual, reliable, and honest Use materials from trusted brands like CertainTeed, GAF, IKO, Owens Corning and TAMKO Our company's owner will personally provide your roofing or gutter services, so you can trust that you're getting top-of-the-line work. Schedule an appointment with our gutter and roofing company today. No job is too big or small for us to handle.

Hillcrest Roofing & Siding

Hillcrest Roofing and Siding is an Amish roofing and siding contractor located in Kinzers, PA. Our roofing specialists offer roof replacement, installation, and maintenance services, as well as window and siding installation. Specializing in asphalt shingles as well as metal roofing, we are the local roofing contractor you’ve been searching for. As a residential roofing company, we have been serving South Central PA and the Delaware Valley since 2010. Our commitment to professional roof installation and roof replacement as local roofers has earned us an excellent reputation with homeowners. Read our customers’ reviews find out why we are considered one of the best roofing contractors in Lancaster County. And, we are continually expanding our service area into Chester County, Montgomery County, and Bucks County. We go the distance to give you a new roof, stress-free! Additional location: 1000 Greenbrier Rd, Dornsife PA 17823

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available