STAHL ELECTRIC

Founded 1976 • With Angi since May 2004

2860 MT CARMEL AVE

Glenside, PA 19038

Electrical contracting, lighting, services, generators...

03/04/2022

Rosemarie G.

It was efficient, reasonable in cost, prompt and clean.

Description of Work
All electrical services

Category electrician

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your business. We hope to serve all your electrical needs in the future.

07/22/2020

PETER R.

STAHL Electric did a fantastic job! We would strongly recommend them for any electrical work. They were prompt, professional and did excellent work. We now have a hook up to our house to plug in our generator when the power goes out. They checked all the circuits and made sure the load was balanced on the generator. They checked our entire system for unrelated issues and all is well. The transfer switch works great! We have used STAHL twice before for other wiring issues (panel upgrade and doorbell camera installation), and everything turned out great then too. They are excellent electricians and the company is very responsive to phone calls and scheduling. We are so pleased with the job. Many thanks to Mike and Elvis, who completed the transfer switch installation! You guys are awesome! We will certainly call STAHL again when we need electrical work.

Description of Work
we needed a transfer switch for our new portable generator

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed], we really appreciate you taking the time to post your review and recommendation of our company. We work hard to complete the service from the first phone call to the completion of the job. We are glad that you are a loyal Stahl customer and hope to service all your electrical needs in the future.

07/06/2018

Joseph M.

We recently had our home's (Elberon Ave-Philadelphia, PA) Knob and Tube wiring remediated by STAHL ELECTRIC of Glenside, PA. I would HIGHLY recommended them. They were on time, within budget, neat and professional, and all their workmanship was EXCELLENT. Technicians Mike, Aaron and Tyler did a great job. PHONE # 215-572-6242. Ask for IRA or Kelly for an appointment. Feel free to reach out to me for a through Stahl Electric for more detailed list of their workmanship. Thank you. JMCC

Description of Work
Remediation of Knob and Tube in 1906 home.

Category electrician

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Angie's list and look forward to serving all your electrical needs.

12/19/2017

Joe R.

Perfectly. Very professional service. They new what they were doing, and everything worked well.

Description of Work
Phone wire identification (complicated), removing redundant phone wiring, putting in new cable for TV, replacing two ballasts, and replacing a motion detector light outside

Category electrician,lighting,phone wiring

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review. We have been in business for 40 years and get referrals by word of mouth and really appreciate the time you took out of your schedule to leave a review. We hope to service all your electrical needs in the future.

09/11/2017

Elizabeth L.

The appointment was made about a month before the services were performed, in November 2017. The workers came each day on time, worked an eight hour day, and called my daughter each day with an update of what was accomplished. The entire job took five (5) working days. Ira insisted she get her electrical amp box upgraded, "she will grow into it." Well, that was expensive but I am SO GLAD we listened to the expert. I never worry that she will lose power and her door alarms will not work. This summer she had three BIG air conditioners running night and day and I did not have one moment's worry. As a matter of fact, when I called about getting an extra outlet for one of them, Ira told me to "save my money." Music to my ears.

Description of Work
Entire home re-wiring of a 1925 home.

Category electrician

Thank you for your review[Member Name Removed]. We really appreciate it. We hope to service all your electrical needs in the future.

09/05/2017

Lee R B.

Took the morning off work on 9/1 to greet the electrician and review the job, let him know how to lock up, wtc. By 10am I called the office - they had never heard of me, the job was not scheduled. Turned out the credit card payment never went through. At the moment it didn't go through, nobody thought to call and double-check they took down the numbers right. I got no follow up call, no invoice in the mail, they just let it go. Now I'm told the only option is to re-pay, and be put on the schedule: In another month! After this illuminating phone call, I then received an invoice in the mail, too little and a month too late. I am now starting from scratch with new estimates from other companies. My primary need is simply to have a dining room light installed, which has been sitting on the floor for months now. If anyone reading this can come on out and install it for me, there's $50 in it for ya, as opposed to Stahl's total of $1500. I'm sorry there was no recollection of me putting in the deposit with a credit card over the phone. Instead of leaving it at a review about a botched scheduling of a job, and a normal response about the service, I was also contacted by the company via email. I was asked to remove the review "or we will forward this to our lawyer because we believe it to be slander." I think my review is a description of my experience, and is in no way slander. I hope other customers haven't been frightened into taking down their reviews in this way.

Description of Work
Received an estimate on 7/31 for odd jobs around the house. The electrician insisted that we completely switch out our box, which seemed excessive, but after a long conversation we decided to go for it. I paid the deposit by credit card over the phone, and waited a month for the job, scheduled for 9/1.

Category electrician,lighting

I am sorry to hear of your experience. We never had a signed contract or deposit. We had a contract with [Member Name Removed] at the same address. She called on August 3 to inquire about doing the work in August. I told her we had no dates available in August, the first date we had was September 1, 2017, I then explained that we would need a signed contract and a 33% deposit which is stated on the bottom of our contract. She never called back and no one gave me a credit card number. I explained that we never received a deposit or signed contract and the work was not scheduled.

07/28/2017

Lanny B.

Stahl indicated that this would be emergency service since everyone else was on jobsite. I said that was ok and they were here within 30 min. They diagnosed the problem and also fixed an improperly installed breaker in my box. They were professional, competent, and responsive. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Needed emergency service when an outlet shorted out and melted down when a light was plugged into it. It tripped the breaker but I obviously couldn't turn it back on.

Category electrician

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review. We really appreciate it and hope to service all your electrical needs in the future.

07/11/2017

Frank C.

I posted this same review on my Yelp account--I can't say enough about the phenomenal job that Ira's team did for us! The estimated time for the job to be completed was 4-6 weeks and they finished in exactly 4. Every morning, the guys (Lou and Alex) showed up right on time. I'm at home with a new baby at the moment so I was around a lot while they were working. They were extremely polite, friendly, and answered all of my questions knowledgeably. They did a full day's work, and always spent the last 30-40 mins of each day cleaning up, vacuuming any bits left on the floor, and moving furniture back to where they found it. You could barely tell they had been there after they left! Another thing I really appreciated was that they knew we were very concerned with keeping the job as close to the original estimate as possible. So they always pointed out when unexpected things came up, and gave us options of how the issue could be handled. Finally, now that the job is complete, we have a few, VERY SMALL places where we need to spackle and touch up paint but nowhere near what I assumed we might be left with after a huge job like this. It's almost like magic! They replaced all of the old wiring in our house and you can barely see any evidence that they were here at all. And now our house is safer, more comfortable to live in, and our homeowners insurance is going down by more than 50% per year! We'll absolutely use Stahl Electric for all of our electrical needs in the future and would 100% recommend them for any job, big or small.

Description of Work
Full rewire--removal of knob and tube. Upgrade to 200 amp service. Addition of new lighting, ceiling fans, and more outlets.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

04/05/2017

Colin W.

They're good. They're really nice. They are honest, they have integrity, they are punctual, and they are communicative. The work they did was an all day job. It was 8 hours and they even stayed a little late. They cleaned up well after they completed the work. I continue to use them because I trust them. They tell me the truth. They make the recommendations needed to improve your home's value, not just waste your money. And if you think you want something but not sure how it's going to work. They take the time to explain to you what the best options are. In fact, when I make the wrong decision, this guy will actually make you tear it out and do it right, which I kind of like because I'm a home-owner and not an electrician. He'll flat out tell you. He'll actually communicate what you need to do and why you need to do it. He'll give you realistic expectations instead of BS-ing you.

Description of Work
They came in after the other basement company did the rough electric. He did the finishing electric and then added some finishing touches, such as removed all plate wires, removed all old existing wires, rerouted some wiring, put in some finishing electric, and then I did some custom, like ... [unsure about what member is talking about at 21:50-21:59].

02/20/2017

CHERYL C.

Great. They were on time. They were helpful and informative for future work.

Description of Work
They replaced the main wire that comes into the house.

G.A. Electric

ALL WORK PERFORMED BY OWNER - Licensed and Insured - PA Home Improvement Contractor certified #054145 - 30 years experience

Spark Electrical Services LLC

Spark Electrical Services specializes in residential and commercial electrical work. Our owner operated team together has over 10 years of experience. Whether you need panel upgrades, light fixture replacements, flickering lights, outlet install or repairs, or any other electrical needs. We are here for you!

Sila Heating, Cooling and Plumbing

We’re Open and Committed to You: Since 1989, Sila has been proud to serve you and our community. As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, we wanted to respectfully reach out to you. We are here if you need us. We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis and taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities. Your health, our employees’ health and the health of our community is of utmost concern. * We are conducting daily briefings and ensuring enhanced operating protocols are followed in every home we have the pleasure to serve. * All technicians and comfort advisors are equipped with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes, along with protective equipment (gloves, booties, etc.) for increased precaution before entering your home. * We are asking our customers to notify us if they’re feeling ill or have been in contact with anyone exposed so we can take precautions. * We have taken measures in all Sila offices such as flexible work from home and paid time off policies. Your comfort is our priority. We’re committed to safely assisting our customers with the prompt and dependable service you’ve come to expect for over 30 years. Our hearts are with those who have been affected by this extraordinary situation. It is truly our pleasure to serve you and we’re ready when you need us. Stay safe and healthy, Lou Pellegrini CEO

Offers by Sila Heating, Cooling and Plumbing on Angi

Phone Wiring
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL 100 THROUGH 400 AMP SERVICE, INTERIOR LIGHTING, EXTERIOR LIGHTING, CEILING FANS, EXHAUST FANS, CABLE, CAT 5 CONNECTION, TELEPHONE, DEDICATED LINES, COMPUTER NETWORKING, SURGE PROTECTION, TRACK LIGHTING, UNDER CABINET LIGHTING, GENERATORS AND SMOKE ALARMS.