K C Contracting

Founded 1986 • With Angi since February 2006

990 Saxonburg Blvd

Glenshaw, PA 15116

10% off for All Angie's List Members on New Wood Deck installations! (we don't use composite materials) With over 20 years of experience in Allegheny County and 10 Super Service Awards from Angie’s List, K C Contracting hopes to make your home contracting or roofing project an easy one! John, the owner, is passionate about his work and will be your main point of contact on every project. With extensive knowledge and experience in general contracting and roofing, John and his crew provide exceptional quality at a fair price. John makes sure the job is done well and never charges additional fees for travel or after-hour services to complete the job. Please call us today and let us help! We specialize in: Roofing, windows, remodeling, interior & exterior painting, decks, gutters, ceramic tile installation, siding soffit & fascia, stone walls, carpentry finished & rough in, bathrooms, kitchens, additions, basements, electrical & plumbing. ...

10/20/2021

Michael V.

Claimed my roofing inspection and maintenance deal and never heard from the contractor.

Description of Work
roof inspection

Category contractors, roofing, chimney repair

11/19/2019

Michael V.

I was very pleased with Mitch and the work done.

Description of Work
roof inspection and repair

08/07/2019

David K.

I am very happy with my decision to go with K C Contracting. John and his team are very good to work with. They helped design and build the construction of my front porch roof and wood plank ceiling. The process went smoothly and John does a great job of kicking around ideas and presenting viable options. I enjoyed talking to the team as well. I will definitely consider for future projects!

Description of Work
Construction of front porch roof and wood plank ceiling

Category contractors, decks, gutter repair, roofing, woodworking

11/05/2018

MARSHALL K.

K C Contracting had a $149 deal thru Angies List for roof inspection and minor repairs. They had an "A" rating on Angies List and a very good BBB rating, thus I signed up. Doug and Mitch came to my 1-story house and inspected my roof. They did some minor repairs (mostly caulking). They patiently answered all of my questions, without making me feel like a dunce. They didn't find any major problems. I was satisfied with this service, thus I would use K C Contracting again.

Description of Work
Roof inspection and minor repairs

10/15/2018

dean F.

What a great example of customer service. John responded to my needs quickly and efficiently. His crew worked fast and the work was done professionally. I recommend his company without hesitation.

Description of Work
Had a recent roof leak by fireplace.

10/01/2018

Dave M.

John showed up promptly to provide an estimate. His estimate was not the least expensive of all that I received, but it was the most detailed estimate I received and he was able to point out to me that another roofing contractor provided an estimate for incorrect work. He sold me the moment he said, "Don't believe me, look it up for yourself", which I did. He was correct. So, I signed an agreement with him for $1000 more than the lowest bidder. I was given an estimated start date and he made it clear that the start date was dependent on weather. I called him on the estimated start date and he informed me that they were about two weeks behind. They showed up about three weeks after that and I was incredibly impressed by the work ethic and professionalism that was exhibited by John and his entire crew. Their work installing my roof was interrupted by rain several times, but each time he left my home he assured me that there would be no leaks and there weren't. During the course of their work, they found quite a bit of rotting wood and even some structural damage they had to repair. I believe that the overall price I paid for the work they did was fair, and I walked away from this transaction feeling like John did the highest quality work that he possibly could have done. I highly recommend KC Contracting, and I am incredibly pleased that I chose them to replace my roof.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

09/16/2018

Paul M.

I wanted to replace a canvas awning with a permanent wood roof structure over our existing deck. I contacted K C Contracting via email through Angies list in March 2018 to inquire if they did this type of work. Within a day I received an email response from John the owner that they did and then within a few days we talked on the phone and set up an appointment for John to come and provide an estimate. John arrived on time , took measurements, we discussed what I wanted for a roof, he provided suggestions of what type of structure could be built for our deck and type of house layout. He advised he would get back to me with his estimate in a few weeks once he calculates materials and pricing etc. We had a few phone conversations subsequent to this to firm up the details and cost. John asked for a verbal commitment that I wanted him to do the job based on what we discussed before writing up a contract which was a little unusual, but I advised I wanted to move forward. He advised of the approximate timeframe of when the work could done based on his other jobs already booked and possible weather delays since it has rained alot this year . He had a contract with details sent to me within a few weeks, which he said up front it would take a few weeks. He told me that he would call me 3 days before he would start our job, which he did. John did not require a down payment until he started the work, which is unusual in this day. The job began in the approximate timeframe that John estimated. John and his crew showed up on time early in the morning by 7am each of the 6 days needed to construct the roof and complete the job. Each morning when they arrived, I met with John to look over the progress and ask any questions I may have had. We are very pleased with the porch roof they constructed. The knotty pine ceiling makes it very attractive while sitting on the deck. The construction is solid and the exterior blends in nicely with our existing house that has aluminum siding. John was responsive whenever I called him during the initial contract discussions, he called me back either the same day or the next. The work that John and his crew completed showed their craftsmanship and that they care about the work they do.

Description of Work
Porch roof built over existing deck

Category decks, roofing, woodworking

06/29/2018

Carol S.

I got so much more than I expected for the price. The guys were great, the work was immaculate and John (the owner) went over details with me, so I knew just what to expect. Although I opted not to install heat, a space heater provides all I need for all but the most frigid days. The three sets of sliding patio doors and the french doors creating the new connection into the dining room provide light and a great view of my yard year round. My house flows wonderfully and the beautiful indoor/outdoor carpeting makes it luxurious past anything I was expecting. John was originally hired to redo shingle my roof. Again, they were clean, quick and professional.

Description of Work
Took done an old screen porch and built a new 3/4 year room.

Category concrete repair, decks, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

06/20/2018

SANGHO Y.

They did great job and professional with kindness.

Description of Work
Great work and professional

10/26/2017

Jeffery F.

John Kindler and KC Contracting crew were excellent on both projects. Experienced, easy to talk to, explained everything and answered all questions. His bids were very competitive. More importantly, the work done was top-notch. He was more than reasonable when pricing replacement of portions of rotted wood under old shingles. And on top of everything, he was very patient and understanding when dealing with my 95-year-old father-in-law who has speech and cognitive issues. Can't say enough good things about John and his crew. They will be our first call on our next construction project.

Description of Work
Needed a roof and gutters on our house and the same for my in-laws house.

Category gutter repair, roofing

10/22/2017

Jane L.

Perfect! On time, cleaned up, guys polite, punctual, quick! Roof and shingles look wonderful.

Description of Work
Repair roof, shingles, gutter, flashing. Repair dry wall damaged by leaking.

Category drywall, gutter repair, roofing

08/03/2017

Jessie C.

Impressed with the work that was provided. A week before the new roof was to be placed we had a leak occur. In speaking with John he had his team over the next morning to place a temporary solution up. The team that did our roof was prompt, courteous and clean. I'd call them for future projects.

Description of Work
New roof installed

07/19/2017

Stephanie B.

Final product looks like brand new with a professional finish. The paint matches perfectly and you can't even see that the ceiling needed to be repaired.

Description of Work
Roof repair around a leaking skylight and patch up ceiling damage.

Category roofing, skylights

05/23/2017

Andrew S.

John did the work without me even being there. Had beyond fair prices. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Roof was leaking water into upstairs bedroom?

05/22/2017

Dana M.

Excellent. I would definitely recommend this company for any roof-related needs.

Description of Work
Roof repairs

05/15/2017

David V.

i contacted several contractors prior to the beginning of the project. John was the first to call me back and was the first to come out to the house for an estimate. This was appreciated because unbelievably, some contractors either didn't return my calls or were impossible to schedule a time for an estimate with. The price was fair and timeline of the project was acceptable. I would say that after we selected KC, the job started within 3-4 weeks. Initially, we thought the project might take about 10 days, but it ended up being more like 2 1/2 weeks. There were some weather delays and some unexpected issues along the way, but John was easy to deal with throughout. He and his crew showed up each morning at 7 AM and worked full days. When the project was complete, they cleaned up the surrounding area. We're happy with the deck and the construction is solid. I would recommend his services to anyone, and I've already shared his information with several people.

Description of Work
Demolish existing concrete stairs and construct a new deck, approximately 14X24, with new stairs leading to yard. It's a second story deck.

Category decks

05/11/2017

Elizabeth R.

They were really good, and called me back with a bid/quote. They had very quick, prompt service.

Description of Work
They came out to give me a quote.

Category basement remodeling

05/09/2017

kelly W.

John and his team are excellent. He got back to my request for a quote within a few days, was at our house within a few days of that, and then started a few weeks later. In fact, he was too fast for us to get quotes from other contractors (who still haven't responded). They were on time every day of the job, were courteous and cleaned up when they left. John stayed in touch throughout the project and made sure we were on the same page at any time that we needed to diverge from the plan. I was so impressed with their work and professionalism that we've already discussed having them gut and redo our kitchen this fall/winter. It's a relief to find a contractor that we can trust and rely on!

Description of Work
Demolition of an existing deck, design/construction of a new deck and pergola on the back of our house (approximately 10' x 25'). Installation of deck stair lights and wall-mounted lights on either side of the back door. Re-routed our dryer exhaust that was improperly routed under the old deck.

Category decks

05/01/2017

Michelle J.

There was a discussion of whether the Angie's list deal would apply since our roof is steep, we showed them a picture of the roof. FROM THE PICTURE the guy said we needed a new roof, but agreed to come have a look in person, and never showed up after weeks. Steer clear of this one.

Description of Work
We needed a few lifted shingles on our roof corrected and an assessment for maintenance.

04/14/2017

JOnathan C.

He was prompt and completed the service. Everything went well.

Description of Work
Roof Maintenance Package

03/13/2017

James K.

They were here about 5 minutes and then he told me "You know I don't get any of this money from Angie's List. They take it all" so I wasn't too impressed with them. I don't know if it's true that he didn't get a penny from the $99 but that's what he told me. He kinda told me that so that I guess I wouldn't expect very much from him. I didn't think that was very professional to say it even if it was true.

Description of Work
He went up on the roof and looked at it and said "You're gonna need a new roof" That was about it. He was up there for 5 minutes or less.

01/23/2017

Eric R.

John and his crew did an excellent job and were very friendly. I would recommend.

Description of Work
Roof and gutter replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

12/26/2016

Valerie R.

Excellent! Solved the problem. Very knowledgeable, honest, and reasonable, recommending only what was needed. Called him again to assess another problem with outside water damage. Once again, very knowledgeable in assessment, and will return in the spring to repair.

Description of Work
Installed attic fan and assessed overall ventilation of attic.

12/03/2016

Mary Catharine J.

It was kind of a bust. He was supposed to be a roofing person to come by and check out a roof leak that I have and he came by all in a hurry. Gave me 10 minutes. I have a 3 story drop in the back and he only had a 2 story ladder. So he couldn't really see what was going on and I paid 99 bucks. He was in a rush to get to bigger, better paying jobs. He actually almost came out too early. He sent an email but I didn't have a chance to reply to his email. Boom he shows up at 8 am on a Saturday morning. All he tells me is Lady the pitch of your roof is not right and you need gutters. That's whats causing your leak and your leak gonna keep repeating and I am not prepared to do it. He has never called back so he is not prepared to bid on doing the job. He said he only had a 2 story ladder, not a 3 story ladder, so I cant really get up there and really see whats going on. He climbed up on the roof in the front and went over the peek. So he was sorted poking around up there, but did not actually do any work for $99.

11/29/2016

Lawrence D.

It went very well, and he did exactly what I was looking for him to do. They will be coming back out in the spring to replace the flashing.

Description of Work
I had purchased a $99 Roof Maintenance Package deal and they came out to do the work.

Michener Chimney and Masonry

All your masonry needs from new brick, block or stonework.. Retaining walls..chimney repair..whole house repointing..lintel replacement..step cracks ..mortar matching..no job too big or small

Lowe Painting Services

Lowe Painting Services is the leading interior painting business in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and the surrounding areas. With almost 30 years of experience, licensed technicians, and quality painting equipment - we're the perfect professionals for the job. Paint can change the entire atmosphere of a room. Whether you're looking to embolden your dining room with rues or red or wanting to create a serene getaway in your master bedroom with baby blues, we're able to transform your home. We take the time to listen to your concerns, provide you with our expert advice and recommendations, and give you all of the information you need to feel comfortable making choices about what makes your home!

Offers by Lowe Painting Services on Angi
    New Era Premier Renovations LLC

We're an independently owned local painting contractor specializing in interior and exterior painting projects. We have been serving the North Pittsburgh area for over 6 years. We pride ourselves in our ability to produce high quality work in a timely manner. Providing a high level of customer service is our number one priority. We're happy once you're happy!

PA128668
    PA
    Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
    03/17/2022

no composite decking materials. Chimney repair. Landscaping, no flat roofs or slate roofing.