Ireland Contracting

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2012

1310 William Flynn Hwy 1-800-NEW-ROOF

Glenshaw, PA 15116

GARY IRELAND AND MARSHALL UTISS STARTED IRELAND CONTRACTING IN 1994 AND HAVE OVER 50 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE BETWEEN THEM. WE BELIEVE YOUR HOME IS A THE GREATEST INVESTMENT YOU WILL EVER MAKE. ATTENTION TO DETAIL , QUALITY PRODUCTS AND A TEAM OF AMISH CRAFTSMAN WHO BRING WITH THEM A WORK ETHIC, AND LEVEL OF QUALITY THAT IS SIMPLY UNMATCHED IN THIS PITTSBURGH MARKET. WE WILL DEDICATE THE APPROPRIATE PERSONNEL TO ENSURE NO HIDDEN COST OR POP UP SURPRISES WILL OCCUR. OUR TRAINED PERSONNEL WILL CONSULT WITH YOU TO ENSURE YOUR REMODELING PROJECT IS COMPLETED AND EXACTLY THE WAY YOU EXPECTED AND WITHIN YOUR BUDGET. WE OFFER FREE ESTIMATES AND ARE FULLY INSURED. GO TO OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.IRELANDCONTRACTING.COM , READ OUR WEBSITE REVIEWS AND LISTEN TO OUR BEST OF THE BEST VIDEO....

11/03/2021

John F.

The Amish young men did an excellent job. Tim was very helpful choosing their products and reviewing their completed work. I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Roof, siding, gutters, soffit, facia

Category contractors,gutter repair,roofing,siding

09/14/2021

Brian O.

The project went great from start to finish. There were absolutely no surprises with the Ireland team. It was a big job and they absolutely performed! It all started with Rick D. from Ireland. He came out and did the initial bid. He worked with me to discuss adding a roof over an existing deck in addition to re-roofing the entire house. He was honest, communicative, and ran the entire project very professionally. The crew, run by Rudy, was awesome as well. I've done a lot of construction work and these guys were top tier! They didn't take any shortcuts, went above and beyond in terms of the little things like trim work and finishing, and worked their tails off to finish the job in 5-1/2 days. They showed up on time every day and cleaned up when they were done. It is hard to find a quality contractor since everyone is trying to make a quick buck. However, these guys are a rare breed in today's world. Highly recommend!!!

Description of Work
New roof, gutters, soffit/fascia, and added roof over existing deck

Category decks,roofing,siding

05/31/2021

Ted S.

We were very impressed with the entire process and would highly recommend them again. From start to finish, the entire process was seamless and without incident. They kept their word, were on time, ensured we were completely satisfied with the final product. We would highly recommend them again for any service they provide.

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters

Category contractors,gutter repair,roofing

03/13/2021

Heather B.

John from Ireland was ulta professional and the job was priced very reasonably and the work was done perfectly and quickly.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

06/14/2020

Pat P.

I am very pleased with my experience with Ireland Roofing. The company is very good at returning calls and doing the work in a timely manner. All my concerns regarding the necessary work done, was addressed to my satisfaction by a very kind crew that explained everything they did. It is hard to get that kind of service today---they aim to please!

Description of Work
New roof, ventilation concerns and new skylight

Category roofing,skylights

Thank you *** for the great review! It is always great to see when our satisfied customers go the extra mile to express their positive experience with Ireland Contracting.

04/02/2020

Robert B.

We highly recommend Ireland Contracting. We have used them in the past for exterior painting and recently called them to inspect storm damage to our roof. They returned my call within the hour and were able to inspect and repair the damage the next day.

Description of Work
Roof Inspected after Storm Damage

Thank you for choosing Ireland Contracting for your repair needs !!

01/16/2020

Elizabeth B.

We had our roof and gutters and skylights replaced by Ireland Contracting and they were great. We had to wait a while to get on their schedule, but they were well worth the wait. Our contact was Tim and he communicated clearly and thoroughly throughout the process. It was a pretty big job and took several days. The crew showed up reliably on time every day and did high quality work. They cleaned up after themselves each day and left everything in perfect condition. They seemed to take great care to not disturb or damage any of our landscaping which I appreciated very much. We also were replacing some windows and Ireland referred us to a Pella contractor that they have a relationship with. We have been very happy with the window project as well. I highly recommend Ireland Contracting.

Description of Work
Roof and Gutter Replacement

Category gutter repair,roofing,replacement windows,skylights

[Member Name Removed]~ Thank you so much for the excellent review! We take pride in our quality crew and clean up!

10/17/2019

Patrick L.

It went excellent! They were on time and professional.

Description of Work
They repaired a leak in the roof.

10/08/2019

Steve K.

From A-Z Ireland Contracting completely failed to execute a simple siding job. Excuse after excuse forced me to hire a handyman company to fix every window frame and every piece of J-channel on my home. Their standards with fit and finish are awful. Their salesman, Rick is rude and completely unprofessional. Their owner, Gary was reasonable at first, but is equally unprofessional when dealing with customers.

Description of Work
Complete siding replacement

Category roofing,siding

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Only you, my salesman and myself are the only ones that really know what happened on your job and why you are upset. We understand some customers will never be happy no matter how hard we try to help. I am sorry and hope to learn from it. ~Gary Ireland

05/19/2019

Sally C.

Excellent! We could not be happier with the work that was done. One entire section of the roof had to be taken down to the studs and everything was done to perfection. We highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replace roof

05/18/2019

Greg J.

The overall experience with Ireland was great. From start to finish Tim kept us informed of the project status and was prompt with all the work being done in between the rain showers. They were a professional crew and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Roof, skylights, vented soffits

Category roofing,skylights

05/16/2019

Wayne R.

TJ arrived early and performed inspection as requested, identified areas needing repairs, submitted quote and was approved to go ahead. Made all repairs, cleaned gutters, and left premise as found with no materials scattered around area. TJ was cordial, informative and worked safely and was professional. Other family members have used company in past and experienced very similar outcomes.

Description of Work
Gutters required cleaning, Vent flange resealed, and downspout retaining clip reset.

Category gutter cleaning,roofing

03/17/2019

steve Z.

For a job this big I waited 18 months to leave a review. I wanted to make sure I had no issues, and if there was a call back Ireland was responsive. We are very happy with the quality of work and Gary Ireland's responsiveness on anything I have needed since the job was completed. I had an early issue with one of Gary's guys getting back on a timely basis that he addressed. I had some concerns with a leaky gutter that turned out to be nothing, but Gary came right out. I needed Gary's help to coordinate with an electrician on a bathroom vent install post-job, which he was very helpful on. I had a piece of siding blow off my house in a storm that Gary sent someone out to fix no charge. He checked all the boxes on what you'd hope to get with a professional contractor doing work at your home. We plan to replace our siding within the next 12-18 months and will use Ireland on that job. My goal was to find a business that I can have a relationship with and use in the future. Ireland has definitely met that expectation. Deal with Gary directly for best service.

Description of Work
New roof, skylights, gutters, downspouts

Category gutter repair,roofing,skylights

02/27/2019

Melinda Z.

My roof needed repaired after a recent wind storm, they were able to come out and fix it quickly despite how busy they were.These guys are great!!

Description of Work
Roof repair

01/19/2019

John K.

Ireland did a great job. Tim was responsive to my various inquiries, questions, etc. The installation included replacing skylights in our sun room and adding an air intake system mid roof. I diligently pursued this - received bids from 4 other contractors. After evaluation and background checking, I felt that Ireland was the best contractor for our job.

Description of Work
Replaced roof

11/15/2018

Adam P.

We contacted three different contractors and Ireland was the only company that got back to us. TJ came out within a day or two to assess our project and give us a quote. He was able to schedule us in very quickly and he did excellent work. He was prompt, professional, and friendly and completed the work efficiently for a fair price. We would hire Ireland Contracting again!

Description of Work
Patched woodpecker holes in wood siding and installed new vented drain stack through roof

Category handyman service,roofing,siding

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words about Ireland Contracting. Great to have YOU as a customer.

10/08/2018

Michael L.

I sent a request for repair of deteriorating chimney flashing causing minor water intrusion and bedroom plaster issues the first week of September, after receiving a good review from a co-worker in Murrysville. It didn't take too long for an initial contact, but a few days later we had some storms go through and I was told it would be the following week or 2 to set up an estimate and get over to "that side of the river" (assuming anything south and east of the Allegheny). This happened about 3 more times and as the first week of October, I was told that it would be another month before they could even do an estimate and to go with someone else as they may not be able to complete the repair before winter weather and snow melt brought back worse water intrusion issues. I'm not sure if they didn't have a grasp of how much work they had or were just picking and choosing what jobs they were going to look in to, but it would have been appreciated to know after the first week or 2 that it would be months to get an estimate vs trying to wait around for a company I thought would be possibly timely and reputable. This is also now likely pushing back any repair completion to when snow melt may worsen the problem.

Description of Work
Chimney and flashing repair

Category roofing,chimney repair

09/25/2018

Jill F.

I worked with Tim for all meetings, estimates, and scheduling. Tim was extremely professional and helpful. He and I walked through what I needed done as well as some other concerns. He gave me guidance on the roof and siding and advice on some other small areas of concern. He left all decisions up to me and at no time pushed me toward any decision or product, but provided quality guidance when I asked for it. I knew that I was on Ireland’s list for upcoming work and when there was a break in the weather, Tim called to see if he could schedule my house. I was uncomfortable with the timing and the weather forecast so I asked if we could delay a bit. He didn’t push at all and we agreed to a later date. Tim visited again personally to present, review, and finalize color options which was problem free. Work was scheduled for three days and the crew finished in two. The crew arrived early and was setting up with Gary Ireland there to oversee the start of the project. The craftsmanship of the crew is excellent. The roof is well done and neatly finished. The siding was impressive. The siding and especially the finishing with the trim and edging pieces were excellent. There were some spots where I had concerns of water damage that might need attention. Instead of doing unnecessary work, I got a fair assessment and confirmation that there was no water damage. When work was done, Tim asked that I do a thorough walkthrough and let him know if there were areas that I was unhappy with or needed follow up attention. There were none and I sent him final sign off on the work immediately. I received an invoice shortly after that. Overall, I wouldn’t hesitate at all to have Ireland Contracting do work on my house again. Their price was competitive with other quotes and the quality of work was excellent. The communication and effort that both Tim and Gary provided was professional, friendly, and helpful without being pushy.

Description of Work
Complete roof ($11,000) on ranch house with two first floor additions. Siding ($2,900) on one of those two additions

Category roofing,siding

07/21/2018

catherine D.

I had a roof replacement (with another company) last summer.... literally one year ago. I have had substantial water damage since... damage that was NOT there prior to the new roof. Totally at my wits end, I called Rick. He explained that he was completely backed up on projects ('tis the season), BUT he would head out to assess my damage and give me his opinion on "what went wrong". True to his word, he showed up. He walked me through the glaring errors made by the last roofer..... on his own time and his own dime.... and explained that if I'm still in need of repairs, after trying, ONCE AGAIN, to address them with the other roofer, he'd be happy to schedule the job. He was one of three roofers I called. He was the only one kind enough to show up.... it's a medium to larger home.... in a nice neighborhood. Thanks, Rick!!!

Description of Work
roof repair

[Member Name Removed]~ Thank you so much for the kind words about Rick and the company! That is what we strive to do at Ireland Contracting.

04/19/2018

John S.

On afternoon of 4/16/ 2018, I filled out easy-to-complete proposal request form on Ireland Contracting's website. I received call back after lunch on 4/17 from T.J. Grealish, indicating he could come out first thing in the morning on 4/18. T.J. explained that there would be no charge for an estimate of any repairs, but that there would be a minimum charge ($299) if he performed any emergency repair work that day. T.J. showed up promptly at 6:45 am with a fully-equipped work truck. T.J. went up on the roof to inspect the damage and recommended repairing the existing flashing rather than trying to install a new flashing, which would probably damage old cedar siding. T.J. applied sealant and re-nailed flashing that had lifted up at chimney, then re-caulked the entire flashing around the chimney. Similar repair work was done to lower roof flashing. To insure the flashing stayed down, T.J. even installed a couple of screws in one recurring problem area near a downspout. All nails and screws were sealed with caulk to finish the job. While the minimum cost for the emergency before work seems a little high at first, it is not unreasonable for the quick response and peace of mind knowing that no further damage would be done if you had to wait for repairs to be completed. Another Angie's List roofing contractor that I called and left a message, did not return my call and their website that their phone message directed you to use to contact them could not be accessed. T.J. was very professional and I would definiely recommend Ireland Contracting for roof repairs or new roofs.

Description of Work
Emergency repair of wind damaged flashing around 2nd story chimney and flashing where a 1st story roof intersects front wall of house .

04/05/2018

Jessica K.

Everything was fine until we recieved bid, over 25% more than all other top rated contractors using same materials and doing same work. House is in an affluent neighborhood and as a result price increased unreasonably. 19k for a 1500 sq ft low easy ranch. Dont waste your time

Description of Work
New roof basic ranch

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for bringing this to my attention I will immediately contact our estimator to review the quote that you received. Ireland Contracting is a fair, competitive company that stands behind it's employees, Amish installers and Owen's Corning Products. Thank you, Gary Ireland, Owner

03/11/2018

Deanna T.

Gary Ireland is very personable and professional. He knows his business and the the products he uses. We had the original gutters on our house and several were leaking. Ireland Contracting installed 6 inch gutters on our home, and they look great! No more leaking for us. The crew was professional and no debris was left anywhere in the yard. Ireland Contracting is the way to go for roofing and gutters!

Description of Work
gutters on the whole house

Category gutter repair

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. That is what we strive for at Ireland Contracting

03/10/2018

Savannah C.

Excellent! Great customer service, great price, went so smooth!! The installation went smooth, the Amish crews were amazing, and Tim from Ireland Contracting did such a great job.

Description of Work
Roof installation

03/01/2018

Douglas B.

My initial impression of Tim from Ireland Contracting was great. He seemed personable and the estimate was better than that from other contractors. He quickly sent us a quote and answered some additional questions we had about the project. When I agreed to have the work done is when the communication went downhill. I had sent him an email asking about the contract and if we needed to send a down payment. I didn't hear anything for weeks, until I sent a follow-up email. He said that was fine and they would proceed with the work in the winter as already discussed. On day of the project Tim showed up on time and asked if I had any questions, which I did not. He said he would stop by when the work was completed and we would go look at everything together to make sure I was satisfied. His team arrived shortly after that and completed the work on our house in one day. There was a slight issue in that they hooked the new downspouts back up to the temporary black drainage pipes (which we had installed trying to determine where the issue was) instead of the underground drainage pipes. I had wished someone had clarified that with me beforehand, but I wasn't worried because I knew that Tim was coming back that evening to go over everything. Well he did not show up, and he never called. I thought perhaps he was busy, so I let it go until the next day. When I still hadn't heard from him I sent him an email and he agreed to come look at the work in two days. On the scheduled day, he did arrive on time, I showed him the downspouts I was unhappy with and he agreed to fix them. He went to get the parts and completed it within the hour. I gave him the check and he said he would send me a receipt. I am still waiting for the receipt.

Description of Work
Replace downspouts, clean gutters, install gutter filters, new fascia

Category gutter cleaning,gutter repair

[Member Name Removed] I just wanted to reply back regarding my negative responsiveness. I apologize that I did not reply immediately regarding a security deposit but Ireland Contracting normally does not require one so I didn't think that was a big issue. As far as the downspout situation goes many municipalities now require that your downspout flows into the black drainage pipe so I did not catch that on my final walkthrough. I did make a phone call back to tell you that I needed a couple of days to get back and make the repairs. Our office manager Diane is the one that enters the checks in the system and sends out the receipts and she has already apologized for her mistake and your receipt was sent. We strive to make every homeowner happy at Ireland Contracting.

02/26/2018

Jennifer P.

I asked Tim B. to come give me a bid for trim that needed replaced on one side of my home. I already priced the trim from 84 lumber and the cost was less than $600. I was going to supply the paint myself. The estimate he gave me for removing old trim, painting new trim, and installing new trim on one side of my home, just the second story, was $10,500. I paid less than that to have my entire house, stucco, trim and gutters done. I thought it was a typo so I asked him if that was correct. He said it would take several days and men to do this size job and it wasn't cheap. If he didn't want to do the job because it was too small, he just should have told me.

Description of Work
I needed some trim replaced on my house.

Category siding

[Member Name Removed] it is hard to compare your installation problem that has failed within five years due to contractor neglect to what Ireland Contracting was going to provide for you. I am not sure you understand the difficulty of the repair versus putting on trim for the first time. The labor was going to be intense and time consuming and unfortunately you fall in that category that 80% of the bad reviews on the BBB are because customers took the lowest bid. As far as price is concerned we are not a low ball company. All of our installation are guaranteed and stand for the test of time. If we don't want the job we tell our customers. We not going to be that company that cuts corners for the sake of getting the job. I am sorry you feel that way and hope you found a contractor that you are happy with.