WELLS & SONS CHIMNEY SERVICE

Founded 1979 • With Angi since October 2008

69 Congo Rd

Gilbertsville, PA 19525

Wells & Sons in a full service chimney service and repair company as well as a whole home masonry and stucco company. We have served the region for over 35 years...

09/24/2021

Michelle R.

Shortly after they left our cedar shake roof in between the two chimneys was in flames. It is heartbreaking what has happened to our beautiful historical home. Still waiting for the owner to call me back.

Description of Work
Top portion of stove pipe at top of chimney was installed upside down not giving enough clearance from cap. 2 chimneys cleaned.

01/27/2021

Ben R.

Horrible job couldn’t make it right after 3x. Still have pics of there work. They use fingers rather then trowel.

Description of Work
Repointing of chimney

Category chimney sweep,masonry

09/04/2017

Dorothy C.

Very professional and answered any questions I had I've used them for many years; not disappointed

Description of Work
Chimney/fireplace was cleaned and examined inside and out

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces,dryer vent cleaning

06/22/2017

John B.

They came out quickly, did an inspection and a quote, and then came as planned for the job. I was very pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
They fixed my chimney after other companies said it couldn't be done. I have a 3 story home, and there were chimney caps involved as well.

05/30/2017

Barbara S.

The guys that came out were very nice. everything went well, they did a great job, the crown of the chimney has a nice rounded finish so the rain water will flow right off. They cleaned up when they were finished. We asked them about the fine lines and small cracks in the chimney stucco, they said it was not done right by the original builder so we will have them come back and re-do the stucco. Very satisfied with Wells & Sons Chimney Service!

Description of Work
In January 2017 we had them come out to have chimney inspected and cleaned. Had them come back in May to install new terra cotta in the furnace flue, add chimney caps to furnace and fireplace flue, close up dummy flue & pour new concrete crown.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

01/30/2017

Anne B.

Had this done a little over a year ago, wanted to wait and see before I gave a review, happy to say that we have not heard a dripping noise !!!!!!! Don't waste time and money on others like I did, this place is the real deal when you run into chimney issues.

Description of Work
For quite a few years, more so whenever we would have a "nor eastern" storm, would hear a soft drip within the fireplace chimney (pre fab fireplace) on the second floor. Sounded like a drip on top of the steel cover (flue) that you open up when you build a fire. Had two other companies out who sealed/caulked around the two outside chimney stack pipes on the roof (3 times over a ten year period) but issue was never resolved until I worked with Wells and Sons. They inspected our chimneys. Thoroughly explained why this noise was occurring. They installed a new custom stainless steel chase cover.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

12/06/2016

Patrick S.

The guys did a great job. They arrived on time and completed a thorough job.

Description of Work
Cleaning of one chimney

10/17/2016

Joanne S.

Everything was done professionally and very clean.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and repair.

Category chimney sweep,dryer vent cleaning

05/30/2016

Lisa T.

These guys were a pleasure to work with. They were responsive, clean, and knowledgeable. The lead (whose name I can't remember--sorry!) actually drew me a detailed picture on a box of what my weird, misshaped chimney flue looked like to explain what work would be necessary to bring the fireplace chimney up to code and render it safe to use. We ultimately chose not to have that work done because we were not likely to use the fireplace at all, and the cost would have been prohibitive for something we'd never use. We had them install a chimney cap to keep the critters and debris out and fill some cracks in the hearth, and called it a day for that work. But the furnace flue also needed work done to make it safe. They needed to actually break through the concrete wall to do it, and that work was done on our new house just when the painters were doing their job, so I was concerned that they would either get in each other's way, or the paint might be damaged, or both. But it was not a problem, and they worked so fast and cleanly it was not an issue. Hopefully we won't have any reason to have them come out again (since we're not using the fireplace), but if I did, I'd call them again for sure.

Description of Work
cleaned the chimney; installed a chimney cap; replaced a furnace flue that was not to code and a hazard; filled cracks between bricks on hearth.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

04/05/2016

Sharon L.

First of all I was very impressed with the person who came out to give the estimate. He went on the roof and in the attic. He told me exactly what needed to be done. In fact, I had another person coming to give an estimate but I was so impressed with this company that I had already made up my mind to hire them. The second person was not good at all. I am so glad I choose to use Wells & Sons. Another reason I choose them is because of their long history in the chimney business. The window of time they gave me for doing the job was between 12:00 noon and 2:00. They arrived during the time indicated. The work went quickly. The old heater vent chimney was in very bad shape. Now I have the best looking one in the whole neighborhood. I did notice that other neighbors seem to have the same problem and I told the workers that I will definitely recommend Wells & Sons to do the work. Thanks for a job well done!!!

Description of Work
Replaced heating vent chimney.

02/10/2016

john S.

We were the first stop of the day and the scheduler had advised they would be there for between 9 and 9:30. They showed up at 9:00. They worked quickly but thoroughly, eliminating the blockage and vacuuming up the mess. Throughout, everything was professional, including their asking for access via a bulkhead so they could avoid walking through the house. Will definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney, removing squirrel nest and lots of other debris. Will also be providing an estimate for additional chimney work needed (something we expected given state of chimney.

09/22/2015

STEVEN P.

Service was great. Estimate was fair and competitive. The guys showed up exactly on time, gave me the courtesy call to let me know they were on schedule, and did a nice job with the installation.

Description of Work
Put a chimney cap on chimney.

09/21/2015

jared I.

during the cleaning the tubes inside the wall separated and the job could not be completed

Description of Work
tried to clean dryer vent

Category chimney repair,dryer vent cleaning

06/05/2015

Cheng-Wen H.

Very responsive from the beginning (estimate and schedule) to the end. Job well done.

Description of Work
repair chimney-install chase cover and storm collar. Seal cracks and gaps

05/19/2015

Steven W.

The office called a couple days in advance and left a message reminding me of the upcoming installation. The two installers showed up on the assigned date and removed the two old covers and installed the new ones. They look great. Whenever I have a need for chimney services again I would certainly give them a call.

Description of Work
Brian came to my home a couple weeks ago to measure for two custom chimney chase covers (rectangular pieces of metal on top of constructed chimneys and through which the flue pipe exits to the chimney cap). He explained they only use stainless steel so no rusting like the original galvanized covers. He gave me an estimate; I paid a down payment and he scheduled the installation right then.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

05/18/2015

FREDERICK S.

After this and a very high cost estimate, my Mother canceled the work with this vendor and went with a "non-Angie's list" vendor who did the job for less than half the quoted price by Wells and Sons.

Description of Work
Supposed to rebuild a house chimney. Instead billed for a "chimney X ray" that was "done" by taking a picture by a cell phone.

Category chimney repair

(removed member name), Thank you for your comments. The "cell phone" is actually a video inspection of the flue that was necessary to inspect the condition of the flue following the chimney getting hit by lightning. This allows us to validate the integrity of the inner part of the chimney which can not be seen from the outside. As for the price difference, I can not comment as I have nit seen the other proposal but I suspect that the repairs we recommended were more encompassing. The safety and satisfaction of our customers is always our highest concern and I thank you for your comments as we continually look to improve our service. Thank you again! Avery Soderman Wells & Sons Chimney

05/15/2015

FLORENCE Z.

We had Wells come to do a standard cleaning of our fireplace in March (cost about $100). We also asked them to look at one of our chimneys which we think had a slow leak into our bedroom as the paint was discolored. They could not get on the roof at that time because of the late snowfalls. They came back in April and reviewed the job, taking photos of both chimneys. One of the chimneys needed more work than the other but both were fixed for $1200 total. They were very professional about setting up the appointments, arriving on time to do the work, etc.

Description of Work
Re-capped 2 chimneys and re-pointed one of the chimneys.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

03/04/2015

Scott L.

They did a good job. They were neat and courteous. They used shoe covers to avoid a mess and the service was quick.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney.

01/28/2015

Leigh J.

Went well. Work was quick and efficient. Team was careful not to make or leave a mess. Overall a good experience.

Description of Work
Inspect/clean chimney

01/26/2015

FLORENCE Z.

We needed the chimney cleaned. We also have a new leak coming from the chimney on our second floor. We set up an appointment and they came today to do the work. They were on time, careful to cover things up, and cleaned everything before they left. Very professional job. Because of the snow they could not get up to see what was causing the leak from the chimney. We made an appointment for them to return in March to do that. I am not sure if we will use them to complete the repair. They attempted to sell us a stainless steel liner for our fireplace at a cost of $5,000. If the chimney repair is anything like price that we'll have to get several more bids. We have no interest in lining the chimney. We have a gas fireplace and there's no need for that.

Description of Work
cleaned our chimney. we also asked him to look at a leak we have connected with the chimney. However, the snow prevented a safe look at it so they will come back. They think it's the flashing around the chimney that is causing the leak.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces,gas logs

12/30/2014

Jennifer S.

They were honest, upfront, and very friendly.

Description of Work
SCheduled a chimney cleaning...They came out, inspected it, and told us that there was no charge because it did not need to be cleaned.

11/20/2014

Margaret G.

They did a really good job. Liked the idea of the camera to be able to show me the crack in my chimney. They protected our floors and kept the house clean while working.

Description of Work
Came out to clean and inspect chimney. There was a crack in my chimney that they were able to show me through a camera.

10/06/2014

Jenifer M.

The owner of the company actually came to our house to do the initial inspection and took the time to explain everything to us very thoroughly, including making sure we could see all the damage. He was extremely professional and instilled a sense of confidence that naturally made us want to work with his company. On the day the work was scheduled, company staff arrived on time and completed the job as expected. We can easily recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Re-lined chimney after discovering crack in terracotta lining.

08/12/2014

Christopher B.

Wells & Sons was great to work with. The lady who answers the phone was very pleasant and helpful and delivered an excellent first impression and was able to work around my limited schedule. Guys showed up within the allotted time frame and performed the work as requested. Both gentlemen were very professional and left my house cleaner than when they came. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Clean and Inspect chimney that hasn't been used in 12 years.

08/09/2014

WILLIAM N.

Their pricing is fair, and the guys are honest and professional (they saved me from grossly overpaying a chimney outfit in Media for unnecessary work). I'm very satisfied with Wells and will use them again.

Description of Work
I have used Wells and Sons for various services over several years, including chimney repairs, chimney sweeping, dryer vent cleaning, and some smaller projects.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,dryer vent cleaning

Disciple Masonry

Disciple Masonry specializes in masonry repairs and new masonry installations. Our customers are everything to us. We take the time to understand you and what you want, and make it our mission to help you get it. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call now to find out!

Offers by Disciple Masonry on Angi
    AJ Waterproofing

We are a family run waterproofing specialist company, owned and operated, since 1976 by A.J. DiElsi. We have one crew, one truck and start and finish one job at a time. We are completely insured with general liability and workman's compensation. There is no charge for estimates and we take no deposits on any job. You pay us upon completion of the job. We do not have salesmen. A.J. is the gentleman that comes out to deliver each estimate and he is on each job. We excel in impeccable workmanship, and the jobs are always left cleaner than when we arrived. We give a lifetime guarantee on our French Drains and it is transferable to each new homeowner. Please feel free to call with any questions 610-527-9444 or 610-409-0888, Additional phones: 610-960-1589. Or feel free to email us at : ajwaterproofing@verizon.net, you can also check us out on YouTube and our website, ajwaterproofing.com.

Jamison Home Svc LLC

Jamison has always been a local family run business built on trust, dedication and committment - values that resonate throughout the entire company. Jamison Home Services is a "one stop shop" for all your masonry, waterproofing and chimney needs. With full-service divisions in masonry restoration, basement waterproofing, and chimney cleaning and repair, we can provide everything you need to ensure the safety, protection and aesthetics that your home needs and deserves. We have additional locations to better serve you: For clients in Chester and Delaware Counties and throughout the Main Line: 510 East Barnard Street, West Chester, PA 19382 For clients throughout Central Montgomery and Bucks County: 431 Deep Run Road, Perkasie, PA 18944 Parent Company of Jamison Residential Masonry, Jamison Chimney Services and Jamison Basement Waterproofing. Award winning - multiple years of superb reviews on Angie's List! Additional email - sweihing@jamisonhomeservices.com. Additional websites - jamisonwaterproofing.com, jamisonmasons.com and jamisonchimney.com. Additional DBAs - Jamison Basement Waterproofing, Jamison Chimney Services and Jamison Residential Masonry.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

INSPECTIONS, SWEEPING, CERTIFICATIONS, & CHIMNEY CAP INSTALLATIONS. INSTALLATIONS OF STAINLESS STEEL CHIMNEY LINERS FOR FURNACE & FIREPLACE APPLICATIONS. REPLACEMENTS OF DETERIORATED MANUFACTURED METAL CHIMNEYS IN WOOD CHASES. ALL CHIMNEY MASONRY WORK. RESTORATIONS. NEW WOOD, GAS, & CORN STOVE INSERTS, AS WELL AS GAS-LOG SETS.