Betterliving Patio Rooms of Pittsburgh

Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
07/09/2023

5499 William Flynn Hwy

Gibsonia, PA 15044

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Betterliving Patio and Sunrooms provides a variety of general contracting services for residential clients throughout the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Betterliving specializing in three and four season sunrooms, screen rooms, patios and decks, as well as, windows and doors. Owner and operator Raymond Hepp believes that one of the biggest advantages of Betterliving is its ability to combine highly competitive pricing with first-rate service. Ray started Betterliving Patio and Sunrooms in 1999 after years of selling sunrooms for another company. He decided it was time for him to branch out on his own. He believes in providing the customer with affordable, quality products and materials made and manufactured in the USA. Betterliving is exclusive and the quality, local manufactured products cannot be bought anywhere else. Parts and products are constantly being scrutinized for the best technology and quality available. Ray believes in using only the best quality for his customers. He never compromises on the quality of products and services. Maintaining customer satisfaction is a crucial aspect of Betterliving Patio and Sunrooms. We are known for effectively communicating with our clients throughout every step of their construction projects and realize it is crucial to make sure every job is completed to the customer’s satisfaction. We stay in contact with our clients before, during and after their projects so we can confirm they’re happy with our work and the final result....

patio enclosures (62)decks & porches (13)awnings (3)window replacement (18)roofing (14)Patios (13)door installation (8)basement remodeling (7)gutter repair (6)electrician (4)concrete repair (4)ceiling fan installation (3)

12/10/2020

Michele P.

Patio enclosure installed Wonderful job, and great employees

Description of Work
Patio enclosure

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know how we did!!

12/08/2020

Mary P.

Wonderfully I am isolated due to chemo and COVID. We decided to convert our screened in porch to a four season room, so our three adult children, their spouses and our grandchildren could visit us through the glass window. We engaged Better Living Sunrooms and asked if we could have the room available by Thanksgiving, since we would not be able to see our family otherwise.. Ray Hemp was amazing when delays occurred due to COVID, He is an outstanding person of integrity who keeps his promises. He made it happen! We had lovely visits with our family, which I will never forget. Today, some items needed completed to finish the room. Ray and Anthony Mazzant (another outstanding person) spent several hours with us and finished the room. It is wonderful! Last week, when it snowed, we sat in the new room and watched the flakes fall, safe and warm. The room is all we were promised - it is beautiful! Thank you so much to Ray for making my holiday dreams come true.

Description of Work
Construct a 4 season room from an existing screened in porch

Category awnings,sunrooms

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic review. Ray and the entire team at Betterliving Patio & Sunrooms of Pittsburgh are happy we could make your holiday dreams come true!!

08/31/2020

Curt R.

Approximately two years ago we added a Sunroom and deck on the back of our house. We chose BetterLiving Patio Rooms to do the job, and we were very pleased with the outcome and highly recommend them! We use the room all year as we added heat and air conditioning, and it has become our favorite room! The owner Ray was the individual we personally worked with. Ray and everyone on his staff were very professional and outstanding to work with. Many of our neighbors have complimented the work and have asked us who the contractor was. Every time we have friends or family over who are seeing the room for the first time, we continue to get the same response "WOW this room is beautiful, and look what it has done to the value of your home". We have made many improvements to our home over the years, but this by far was the best decision we made. It has not only become our favorite room, but our favorite retirement spot. It provides the beauty of our back yard all year long, its a fabulous room for reading, and anyone who is an artist or needs alot of light for projects, etc, it does the job perfectly! Our dog loves it as well as it gives her more visibility to bark at all of the animals in our yard. We also highly recommend the remote blinds for some privacy and blocking out the sun!

Description of Work
We added a Sunroom and patio enclosure onto the back of our house.

Category awnings,sunrooms

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

08/13/2020

Nelson S.

BetterLiving is a company that operates with honesty and integrity. We just wrapped up a complete demolition and new build of our large front porch all done by the courteous, knowledgeable BetterLiving crew. It was really a great experience from the carpenter who first came out Anthony and also Hogan who kept us informed on time tables and what to expect next. The young men who did this fabulous job were Darion and Josh phenomenal and professional at all times. Super hard working and considerate. The owner himself, Ray came out as our property was challenging but he insured everything was safe and well thought out. My husband and I can not say enough about this group of honest hardworking contractors who gave us gold standard customer service from the top down! Thank you Betterliving for our new beautiful front porch! You guys really put a smile on this Nurses’ face. You simply can not go wrong with this company. Angela S.

Description of Work
New front porch

Category decks

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

08/09/2020

Tim M.

Serious work was required, they were not willing to do the job.

Description of Work
Deck or patio

Category decks,patios

Work Completed On 08/09/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]- I wanted to reach out to you about the review you had left on Angie's List. Unfortunately our company doesn't do deck repairs. I understand in Angie's List our name shows up and I had spoken with Angie's List about this issue. They said because we build new decks we also show up under repairs. They also advised we try reaching out to you to remove the review because these are services we don't perform. I appreciate your consideration in this matter, as we are a small business and pride ourselves on our reviews, and it is harmful that we are reviewed for work we cannot perform. If we can help you in locating another business that may perform services you are in need of please let us know.

08/29/2019

Dave M.

Very disappointed. Had a scheduled appointment for a week on a home we were purchasing. The homeowner graciously opened the home so I could do this. Showed up over an hour late, with no phone call. Was very apologetic and very nice. Ray had a nice personality. Took measurements and was told I’d get an estimate that evening. When they called that evening I was told he had to go back to the house to talk about the estimate. I just needed a ball park figure to get an idea. I was told he’d call back. Since that time, we now own the home and called back at least 6 times to get an estimate. Was told he will call me back and he’s being pulled in all directions. I’m disappointed because we were going to go with him, but if he can’t even give me five minutes to call back, how well is he going to be to respond to the sunporch we needed added on?

Description of Work
An enclosed sunporch

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed] Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. It pains us to hear your negative feedback regarding your recent experience. I can assure you that our team goes to great lengths so that potential customers like you have any and all relevant information they need to make the best, most informed decision. We take pride in our customer service and have always put the interest of our customers and potential costumers ahead of our own when possible. The frustration you encountered is understandable and on behalf of the Betterliving team I sincerely apologize that you had an unpleasant experience. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in more detail about your experience and the chance to make things right.

08/27/2019

Eric Z.

Better living was extremely responsive and helpful even though my project was fairly small. I had a very hard time getting other contractors to come out for a small project. They worked through all the city permit issues, then came out and demolished my old deck and build a beautiful new one in about a week. Everyone I spoke to throughout the process was very helpful. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
New deck construction

Category decks,sunrooms

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

06/04/2019

Marsha D.

Anthony was very professional and knowledgeable. He was very interested in making sure I got what would make me happy. I enjoyed talking with him but, the estimate was much more than I wanted to pay. I felt the roof was more like a carport and the cost was extreme.

Description of Work
Construct a roof over an existing deck

09/27/2018

Laurette M.

I am beyond thrilled with my new front porch. I am a very particular person and the entire crew kept me involved in the building process each step of the way. I was able to determine exactly how I wanted the porch to look down to the inch. No one made me feel as if I was difficult or hard to please. Instead, they confirmed to me over and over that their job was to make me happy.

Description of Work
Add a front porch to house

Category decks,sunrooms

Work Completed On 09/27/2018

Review for Betterliving Patio Rooms of Pittsburgh - 5499 William Flynn Hwy, Gibsonia, PA - 37428772

09/19/2017

Barbara A.

It looks FANTASTIC! We encountered some unexpected bumps in the road as always happens with construction on an old home and they were fantastic in working with me and coming up with creative solutions to the issues. The end result is even better than I had imagined. The sales rep Ray was honest, comprehensive and even came out at the end of the project to make sure that he approved, was happy with it and he did a few finishing touches to make it look even better. Well worth the money. This type of project is expensive but they are totally in line and even more reasonable than other estimates I had plus they did much more than the comparable estimates at other companies included. The only reason that I gave a B for punctuality is that there were several delays in getting the last minor finishing touches done, but absolutely nothing that would prevent me from hiring them again or recommending them to anyone and everyone. Use this company, you won't be disappointed!

Description of Work
Old porch and stairs removed, new supports, porch deck, stairs installed and entire room screened and glassed in. They also ran electricity to the porch and installed both a light and a ceiling fan.

Work Completed On 09/19/2017

Patio rooms, sun rooms, vinyl decks & windows, porch enclosures, patio covers

Handyman services - repair work - concrete