MARBLE CONCEPTS

Founded 1991 • With Angi since June 2007

860 PENNSYLVANIA BLVD

Feasterville Trevose, PA 19053

30 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEES....

12/05/2016

Chuck W.

They were great, starting from the showroom experience. We chose a quartz countertop. The laser-measuring process is unbelievably accurate - the new counters fit perfectly. We had a minor issue with the backsplash tile installer (subcontractor), but MC was right on it and ensured we were totally satisfied with the finished product. Their customer service is what we all hope for but seldom see. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Marble Concepts replaced our kitchen counters/bartop and installed a new sink and backsplash.

08/08/2015

Bernice S.

Installers were very courteous and professional with an "A" rating. At completion of placement of the sink counter, it was noted that there was only one hole cut in the sink and that was for the faucet. I pointed out that the counter was to have three cut-outs; one for the faucet, one for instant hot water and one for soap dispenser just like the counter they had removed. The supervisor of the job said he would cut the other two holes. After he had done that, they cleaned up and left. The plumber installed the faucet, instant hot water dispenser and the soap dispenser. It wasn't until a day later that I noticed I could not use the soap dispenser, as the hole was cut further (3" from edge) and the soap would squirt onto the counter, not into the sink.. The hole for the Instant Hot Water was cut 2" from edge and no problem. You had to hold a wash cloth under the soap dispenser. I contacted Marble Concepts and was put in touch with Gabe DiDonato, who said he would send someone over to look at the counter. Mark came over, and he noted the hole was too far from the sink, and said he would go back to the office to let them know, he also took measurements. Several days later, I called Gabe and was told they would look for a new dispenser with a longer spout. He apologized that the cuts were not made at time of the original cutting. Calls were always initiated by my inquiries. At one point, Mark came over with what he thought would be a replacement unit. However, he never took the unit out of the box because he said just by reading the box info, he could tell it was not correct. Fast forward 2 months, with Gabe stating one story after another e.g. Can't find right size, Can't find right finish, Waiting to hear from California. It was always me calling him and then waiting On Aug 4th, After this two month period of time and listening to one story and after another, I was upset and went to the shop. Gabe was not in, but I spoke with a family member who said he did not know of the problem. I said there could be three solutions: replace the unit; if they could not find 'satin finish' huh? or replace with another faucet and matching dispenser; finally, replace the counter top completely Gabe called me at 9:15 am the next day and was arrogant, condensing and stating he would not buy me a new faucet and then asking, 'does the soap dispenser work'.? I said yes, but it pumps soap onto the counter. He then said, "well it works, what is your problem'! He also tried to tell me that I had changed the template! That my original sink was not an under mount, that it only had one hole...He even stated that I had told Mark that I did not like the dispenser he had brought over! Quite different from what had truthfully occurred. Tempers flared and finally ended with both agreeing his company would continue to look for a replacement as well as me also looking. I then called a handyman who went to Home Depot, found a satin finished replacement, and then installed. I took the receipt to Marble Concepts and Pam gave me the $50.00 All this over a $8,510 job!!!! On August 5, 2015, I learned through Angie's List that Marble Concepts offers a 5% discount to Senior Citizens. This information/offer was never mentioned during our shopping at Marble Concepts, nor at writing of the cost. Since my husband and I are into our 70's and 80's, I think we would be eligible. HOWEVER, AFTER SEEING THEIR OFFER ON ANGIE'S LIST, ON 8/6/15, I GAVE A PRINTOUT OF THE PAGE TO PAM, WHO STATED SHE WOULD GIVE IT TO CINDY WEST, OFFICE MANAGER. I HAVE ASKED FOR A REIMBURSEMENT IN KEEPING WITH THEIR BUSINESS STATEMENT. I AM AWAITING AN ANSWER. And this is why I will not rate their pricing or professionalism. I was not a member of Angie's List at the initial time of this incident, just joining a few days ago. Due to Gabe's handling of what should have been a minor business issue, which was subsequently handled by a trip to our local Home Depot, not California, I cannot rate the overall professionalism. UPDATE AS OF AUGUST 31, 2015. As to the 5% Senior Discount, Cindy West stated that when they first signed with Angies List, they had a 4 tier pricing. due to it being complicated, they reduced that to 2 tier pricing: for contractors and for Upgraded product. Stated they do not offer a 5% senior discount and they should have changed their listing. As of this date, they have not changed their 5% Senior Discount offer on their ad!

Description of Work
On the recommendation of our Handyman, we shopped Marble Concepts for new counter tops. Sales person, Meghan Simmons (no longer there), was very courteous and showed us various granite and quartz samples. We chose a quartz for our kitchen counters. On April 22, 2015, Appointment was scheduled for the template to be made and edging was selected. Counters were installed in May, 2015.

12/30/2014

Ronald L.

The workmanship was excellent. We are very pleased

Description of Work
Installed a granite counter top. However, they had done a granite kitchen countertop the year before.

09/02/2014

stephen R.

everything went well. Front office easy to work with and they had a nice installation crew

Description of Work
granite for kitchen and three bathrooms

08/25/2014

Kevin O.

Company was very professional , responsive to calls and questions. Installers were wonderful and trustworthy which is a big plus now a days. Minor problem that was corrected immediately .

Description of Work
Install Granite counter tops.

12/23/2013

Kenneth T.

-Everything was great. They use a really good warehouse with lots of selection that is freely available to visit. Selections are marked there, then it's back to the office to set up installation. Installation was on time and even a difficult corner piece was fitted in properly.

Description of Work
Install granite in kitchen - five separate pieces including a 10' x 40" island and also marble in two bathrooms

11/14/2013

Leonard A.

INSTALLED QUARTZ KITCHEN COUNTERTOPS INCLUDING SINK CUT OUT. ALL PIECES FIT PERFECTLY. THERE WAS A SMALL PIECE BETWEEN A WALL AND THE STOVE THAT WAS A PRECISE CUT AND FIT. IT WAS CUT AND INSTALLED PERFECTLY. NO DAMAGE TO WALLS OR CABINETS. PRIOR TO THE KITCHEN INSTALL, I CONTRACTED THEM TO INSTALL A GRANITE TOP IN A BATHROOM. THE GRANITE TOP HAD TO FIT INTO AN ALCOVE ON TOP OF A CUSTOM CABINET THAT WAS SURROUNDED BY THREE WALLS THAT WERE NOT PERFECTLY SQUARE. THE TOP FIT PERFECTLY. THE INSTALLERS WERE PROFESSIONAL. I WOULD NOT CALL ANYONE ELSE FOR COUNTERTOP INSTALLATION. I HAVE RECOMMENDED THEM TO CO-WORKERS AND THEY WERE HAPPY AS WELL.

Description of Work
Installed marble countertops

12/07/2012

Amelia Z.

Do not go here if you want your vanity or counter top to fit! And then still be charged the same price and have to modify it yourself to fit properly. And don't expect and quot;the customer makes our business and what can we do to fix thisand quot; attitude, because you won't get it. The facility has a good selection of tops in various stones. I picked out my top, gave a deposit and it was held until I was ready. I gave the deposit in September but my contractor did not start the job until November. So it was good that they were able to hold it for me. The receptionist, Sarah who assisted me was very helpful. The top cost $350 and the template was $200. If I wanted it installed, it would cost an additional $250. I thought $800 was overpriced for a 22x28 inch top only -no sink. I opted not to have it installed since my contractor would be able to do it. After speaking with my contractor, he suggested that I contact them about the pricing. He thought it was too high. We also misunderstood and thought the cuts for the sink and faucet were included in the installation fees. But they were included in the template. I contacted Cindy (manager) to discuss the fees again. She stated that I was charged too much for the template and lowered it to $150. The template was taken using a laser camera which was very interesting. I thought this would be a good fit. WRONG! The top took a week to be completed, which was ok if it fit. The entire back against the wall was uneven and bellowed. My contractor was not able to sit it against the left wall because it was not flush with the back wall. I took it back and asked them to straighten out the entire back. They did that while I waited. No one was even apologetic for it not fitting right. Again, I took it home and it still did not fit. Although the back side fit better, the left side was still off and too deep. This is a small bath and vanity. The vanity is right at the door way. So the top must fit behind the door frame and it did not. Because it did not fit behind the frame, the entire left side was a good 1/4 inch away from the wall. I called Cindy and told her that it was still not right. She was trying to say it was the way it was installed. I told her that my contractor could not install it since it was not measured correctly. I sent her pictures to show her how off it was. In the meantime, my tile guy spend 1 1/2 hours shaving it down on 2 sides to make it fit. He also had to shave part of the door frame. It now fits, although not as good as I would expect from a laser template and a $150 cost to do so! I spoke with Cindy after I sent her the pictures and she kept saying if they would have installed it, it would have fit better. Also, she was trying to blame my contractor for not installing it correctly. First of all, it was not installed since the measurements were incorrect. All my contractor was able to do was to sit it on top of the vanity to see how the fit was. The bottom line is no one at this facility had any concern that the measurements were off, Cindy was a little abrupt and non-apologetic and over priced for a non satisfactory job.

Description of Work
Purchased a top for my bathroom vanity. Approx size 22x28. The service only involved the stone and fabrication, which includes taking a template and cutting the holes for the sink and faucet.

08/19/2011

joyce S.

Would highly recommend them. Things went seemlessly and I am very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
New granite countertops in kitchen and bath. They were very professional with the measuring and the installation. All was done on time with no problems.

09/23/2010

KEVIN N.

Very pleasant, professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Looked at granite slabs for new counter tops. They have a HUGE selection. The staff is extremely helpful. They took me for a tour of fabrication area to see how they are cut, sinks are attached, etc. Their price was quite a bit higher than another provider that I chose. But if I couldn't find what I needed elsewhere for cheaper, I wouldn't hesitate to return to them.

11/06/2008

nancy H.

I found Marble Concepts on Angies list. It is less than 5 minutes from my house and I had no idea they even existed. I went to their showroom on a Saturday, and Gabe took me through the samples and then the warehouse to see the slabs. He gave me samples of anything I thought might be good. I went home, picked and called to order. They came out within 2 weeks to make a template (once I had my sink and faucet). They asked me to come in an look at the slab to ensure that I agreed with their placement of what pieces on the slab. A couple of weeks later they performed the install. They had some difficulty removing the glued on counter, but they did it and did not damage anything in the process. The marble is called summer yellow and it is just beautiful.

Description of Work
Marble Concepts installed beautiful granite counters in my kitchen. They also handled the removal and disposal of existing, difficult to remove counters.

Category countertops

06/07/2007

MEGAN M.

My first visit to Marble Concepts yielded an estimate based on my kitchen design and a sample of my chosen granite. Very easy to work with, very helpful. I was able to arrange the deposit over the phone. All the paperwork was completed prior to template so that there would be the least amount of time between template and installation. I arranged the template appointment 4 days in advance. The person doing the template arrived within the time he said he would and completed the template to my satisfaction. The countertops were ready 2 weeks from the template. The 4 installers arrived in the time window I was given, and spent most of the day installing my countertops. The quality of the workmanship is outstanding. The end product exactly what I was looking for.

Description of Work
Templated and installed granite counter tops in newly designed kitchen.

Category countertops