STUBENHOFER LANDSCAPING

Founded 1974 • With Angi since August 2010

WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1974. WE ARE AVAILABLE FOR ALL YOUR LANDSCAPING NEEDS.

Amenities

ask for details
This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Mike & Terri W.
11/28/2020
We were completely new to these multi-projects, but the experience was really great! Mr. Joe Stubenhofer came soon after our initial inquiry, and we walked him through our main dilemmas of an unsafe walkway & the backyard being too wet & bumpy for mowing. We found his laid- back personality yet his obvious knowledge to be a perfect fit for us! We wanted terracing for our walk & a small flower garden, other than that, Joe had free rein to make initial plans...and we were absolutely delighted with the design! While reviewing his design he sparked my interest & a couple visits to his nursery choice (Johnstons on Wales Rd) took place along with floral changes. Also based on our concerns, Joe suggested shifting our patio idea over & once things were spray painted out on the ground, we found his spot to be far better (By the way, his crew was awesome and walked us through width changes for the new path & patio.) With every question we had, Joe's team had answers, and we would TOTALLY hire them again!! They were knowledgeable with our questions, hard working, easy to get along with, listened to our concerns, & guided our changes. They added safety and a charm to our house that we didn't know it could have, and the drainage in the back is much improved & newly planted grass is growing! Hats off to you all!! (p.s.--It will look worse before it looks better. lol We were able to see paver color options with staff at our local Aftons prior to ordering. Keeping our project with local companies was important to us!) Have had wonderful compliments since completion, & we absolutely love it! ** B on rates (we wanted to use local, so really didn't look around...had an idea of potential costs with what a friend had done elsewhere) & responsiveness ( due to email stuff, calls were an A ).
Description of Work
walkway-patio-landscape-swale
drain pipe, hardscaping
DANIEL L.
09/21/2020
wonderful job, so nice to have a usable back yard again after we had the above ground pool removed. we also had the guys re swale along the house were water issues had begun to be a problem. highly recommended all around.
Description of Work
Re-grading of rear yard
Category
excavators, lawn service, drain pipe
Judy F.
08/28/2020
Joe was quick to estimate and answered all my questions. The crew showed up on time, very polite and respectful. Price was good and quality of the job was great including cleanup (took about 5 hours total). First big rain two days later and everything worked as it should.
Description of Work
Replace original drainage system
drain pipe
Brenda S.
07/17/2020
The work was done as described on the estimate and the price was consistent.The work was completed in 2 days as originally estimated. Joe's crew were very friendly and polite. They asked permission before removing plants or dispersing top soil.
Description of Work
Landscaping
excavators, landscaping, drain pipe
Mark D.
07/06/2020
Stubenhofer Landscaping is a company that provides outstanding customer service and quality craftsmanship on their projects. The combination of these two qualities is a areity these days. We'll recommend them to anyone.
Description of Work
demolition of existing landscape retaining wall and construction of new wall.
drain pipe, hardscaping
Michael S.
06/11/2020
The crew arrived when scheduled and they were all very polite. I interacted with them for the two days they were here and everything went great. The company owner came each day to make sure I was happy. I am waiting to see the grass grow!! I would recommend Stubenhofer for lawn repairs!!
Description of Work
9200 sq ft of lawn repair
Category
excavators, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch
Ellen A.
07/19/2019
Excellent crew. Communicated with us regarding plans and issues. Dealt with problems that unexpectedly occurred. Yard looks awesome Can’t wait for the first storms!!
Description of Work
Front yard was a lake! French drains and basins installed.
drain pipe
Wally F.
08/29/2018
Could not have gone better. Quality of work/attention to detail simply top notch, Workmen were always very courteous and well mannered. Materials used of high quality. Work accomplished quickly and very efficiently and on time. We are a very satisfied customer.
Description of Work
Replace rotted retaining wall, build a small brick wall, and remove/plant new trees.
Category
landscaping, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service, hardscaping
Kenneth F.
08/19/2018
Time to receive estimate was longer than expected. Once job was started, work progressed quickly, finished in two full days plus two hours tidy-up on third day. Crew was very professional and respectful of property and owners. Drain cleverly hidden behind existing shrub. We're very happy with finished project; my wife was so pleased she gave all the crew a hug before they left!
Description of Work
Removal of old hand-stacked boulder retaining wall / replaced with Versa-loc block wall.
Category
excavators, landscaping, mulch, drain pipe
Patrick J.
08/08/2018
This is the second time I've used Stubenhofer for yard work. The first job, they completely re-did my entire front lawn. I was quite pleased with the end result. Truthfully I think communication was a little lacking in the beginning. I accepted the bid and didn't hear back. Several weeks later I called them and asked them when they might be starting and they said they already had. They came and sprayed the lawn to kill it so that it could be completely re-done properly. Sure enough, they did. other than that, the job was great and it came out great. Very pleased. The second time I called them to level a section of my backyard to accommodate a new storage shed. Joe came right out and then sent me an email estimate. I accepted the estimate. During our meeting for the estimate I mentioned verbally that I wanted "so much space" in between space A and B. When work day came and they did the work, I came home from work and noticed they had completed the job but there was NO space between A and B. I called and spoke to Joe and explained why this wouldn't work and asked about possible solutions. He said he would get back to me. I didn't hear anything from him the rest of that day and even though it was already late in the day, I thought I might have heard something but didn't. Having been burned by a few contractors previously, I started to think.. oh boy... I hope we are going to be able to resolve this? The very next day I came home from work for lunch and they had fixed the area to be what I expected. Proper spacing between A and B. It was MUCH better and I now felt at ease with the job. Much relief. Again not the usual thorough and detailed level of communication that I normally employ, but they made it right. I'm not even sure where you would have placed the blame on this issue. Was it me not explaining properly? I don't think so as I explained the space I desired. Was it Joe not detailing that part of our conversation? Maybe a little fault on both our parts? I don't know. A bad contractor could have walked away from this saying... well... we did what was was detailed in the contract that you signed, because there was no mention of the desired space between A and B in the signed contract. I didn't pick up on that and next time will make sure that I don't sign or approve anything that doesn't have all my wishes laid out in writing. That part certainly falls on me because you can't expect the contractor to be a mind reader. But my mentioning it verbally and him verbally acknowledged it, I thought I was good to go. Bottom line: They did not argue, no finger pointing no blame game, nothing. They came back the very next day and gave me what I was expecting! I phoned Joe that same day to thank him for fixing it and for making it right with no problems or hassle at all. TOP NOTCH! I would certainly call them again for any landscaping needs, and I will do just that when the need arises. Thanks Joe and Team!
Description of Work
Flatten Lanscape for Shed
Barbara E.
07/27/2018
We were very pleased with Stubenhofer Landscaping. Joe was super easy to work with. We said we didn't know much about plants and landscaping and wanted something very low maintenance. Joe designed the walls and all the plantings. The final outcome was so much more than we anticipated. His crew was exceptional, very knowledgeable, very professional and worked well together. All our interactions were positive. Joe stopped every day to see how the job was going and kept us up to date with any changes. He answered our questions, gave us care and watering instructions for the plants and the new lawn. He even stopped after the project was done to see how things were going. We whole-heartedly endorse Stubenhofer Landscaping and highly recommend Joe and his crew to anyone with landscaping needs. Their work was definitely worth a 5-star rating.
Description of Work
Removal of timber walls from back patio, 2 versa lock walls built as replacements for timbers, complete landscaping around entire home, and lawn replanted.
Category
excavators, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, drain pipe, hardscaping
Richard K.
06/25/2018
Quickly, professionally, complete cleanup. A satisfied customer.
Description of Work
Mulching. Redoing an established lawn.
landscaping, mulch
Paul G.
05/30/2018
Really great. Everyone of the workers were enthusiastic and knowledgeable! Beautiful job!
Description of Work
Entire spring cleanup, mulching, weeding, and power raking, and mowing
landscaping, lawn service, mulch
Ann T.
05/08/2017
Everything went very well. The yard looks great! All the work was completed efficiently and to our satisfaction.
Description of Work
Spring clean up, trimming, applying mulch.
landscaping, lawn service, mulch
john M.
02/21/2017
I was delighted with the work, and the crew members were knowledgeable, diligent and friendly. Brian is great to work with.
Description of Work
Stubenhoffer tackled a job others were unwilling to. It entailed correcting the poor job another landscaper did on the brick walkway to our house. After the needed tear-out, Stubenhoffer got the pavers level, square, secure, proper slope, etc.
hardscaping
john M.
02/21/2017
Very well done, cleaned up area and reseeded where needed. Lots of compliments on the finished work.
Description of Work
Installation of a Red River Birch, redo of bed, re-seeding. Brian is easy to work with, very helpful and professional.
Karen B.
10/31/2016
They are great. They also do our spring clean up and do a good job on that too. They are very expensive. We would use them again.
Description of Work
They put the last seeding on our lawn.
lawn service
Joseph S.
10/29/2016
Work was done cleanly, completely, and timely.
Description of Work
Refloored our deck and replaced balusters.
LJane B.
09/19/2016
Brian and his crew were a pleasure to work with. Once the work was started, they stayed with it and finished within the agreed timeframe. Brian followed up on a regular basis. We recontracted with them 6 months later on a smaller job as well.
Description of Work
Extensive removal of overgrown trees, shrubs and undergrowth. Regrade and fill yard
Category
excavators, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service
Judy & Paul M.
08/01/2016
We were extremely satisfied with the whole project!
Description of Work
The owner of the company viewed the prospective project and offered ideas & suggestions. He returned a week later with drawings & brochures. We met at a local landscape supply co. and chose the hardscape for our project. (Blocks & pavers). The crew was very knowledgable & friendly. They gave us the pros & cons of different ideas. They went above & beyond the scope of the original project. GOOD JOB!!
hardscaping
Daniel M.
07/02/2016
From my initial contact with Brian to the finished product I couldn't be more pleased. The two gentlemen who performed the work were both personable and professional and arrived right on time. Brian called and let me know when they were on their way which was much appreciated. The guys even gave me some advice on some various questions I had about some of vegetation I had on the property and didn't seem the least bit annoyed or disinterested. Bottom line, the company has outstanding customer service and excellent workmanship. I highly recommend them.
Description of Work
Removed ground cover and replaced with mulch.
landscaping, mulch, hardscaping
Scott P.
11/19/2015
Everything went great. We could not be happier with the work performed. Complete professionalism. I definitely would recommend this company to anyone ,I look forward to working on the next project as soon as the weather allows. The crew was awesome Bobby the leader is very knowledgeable,it was enjoyable working with them. The weather conditions were not ideal for working in grass and dirt, I assumed the site and the yard they had to cross to do the work would be somewhat of a mess because of weather when done but they went way above and beyond to have as little impact as possible.Total satisfaction. It was definitely our pleasure to work with Joe and his company,it's really great when everything goes "better" and turns out looking nicer than we could have imagined.Thank you very much!
Description of Work
excavated a large area and built a retaining wall.
excavators, landscaping, hardscaping
Matthew S.
08/16/2015
This company does excellent work. They quote fairly and the plants they work with are extremely healthy and well cared for. I was pleasantly surprised with how mature the bushes were that were planted for me for privacy reasons were as they will be able to do their job much more quickly than I had originally anticipated. If you are in the market for landscape work - these folks should be your go-to.
Description of Work
Planted a new privacy wall on the south end of my home (14 shrubs) and a new flower bed w/ perennials.
Theresa G.
10/04/2014
We are thrilled with the results. The front work provided much needed curb appeal and stopped the erosion of soil on a shady slope. The backyard work on the patio was complex due to the slope of the yard to the house. Joe's attention to detail with measurements, and careful installation of drainage showed true professionalism. He helpfully advised on materials available in order to allow us to stay consistent with the older period design of the house. The work was done timely and neatly, with only minimal cleanup needed by us afterward. When there were two small details that required adjustment, it was taken care of within two-days of my pointing it out. We have received many compliments from neighbors and visitors and have recommended Stubenhofer whenever we have had the opportunity. The patio is a beautiful addition to our home.
Description of Work
Landscaping work including retaining wall on sloped front yard and paver patio and walls in sloped front yard.
Category
landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping
Tim S.
07/10/2014
The trellis repair had to all be done by hand. The head foreman of the job literally worked on digging them out and repairing them for two days straight. There was no way to get commercial equipment in there to help. It was a tremendous task requiring diligence and brute strength. Our pond had been unattended to for over two years due to disability. Once done, it looked brand new. You'd have thought they scrubbed each rock with a toothbrush. The spring cleanup went well. Some plants needed to be replaced, trimmed, remulched. It looked very nice when done.
Description of Work
We have extensive landscaping that needed a spring cleanup, repair of some wooden trellises, and plant care. Our water element had not been cleaned in two years and snow removal had left a pile of gravel in our yard.

Phone

10214 WALES RD

Erie, PA 16510

Other Information

Services offered

NEW LAWN INSTALLATION, HYDROSEEDING, PLANTING BED DESIGN, RETAINING WALLS, DRAINAGE, BRICK WALKS AND PATIOS, FENCING AND DECKS, WATER GARDENS, LANDSCAPE LIGHTING, SOFTRAK PUTTING GREENS, REGULAR WEEDING, SHRUB TRIMMING, BARK MULCH APPLICATIONS, AERATING, DETHATCHING, SLIT OVERSEEDING, LAWN MOWING, SPRING & FALL CLEANUPS.

Services not offered