STUBENHOFER LANDSCAPING

Founded 1974 • With Angi since August 2010

10214 WALES RD

Erie, PA 16510

WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1974. WE ARE AVAILABLE FOR ALL YOUR LANDSCAPING NEEDS....

11/28/2020

Mike & Terri W.

We were completely new to these multi-projects, but the experience was really great! Mr. Joe Stubenhofer came soon after our initial inquiry, and we walked him through our main dilemmas of an unsafe walkway & the backyard being too wet & bumpy for mowing. We found his laid- back personality yet his obvious knowledge to be a perfect fit for us! We wanted terracing for our walk & a small flower garden, other than that, Joe had free rein to make initial plans...and we were absolutely delighted with the design! While reviewing his design he sparked my interest & a couple visits to his nursery choice (Johnstons on Wales Rd) took place along with floral changes. Also based on our concerns, Joe suggested shifting our patio idea over & once things were spray painted out on the ground, we found his spot to be far better (By the way, his crew was awesome and walked us through width changes for the new path & patio.) With every question we had, Joe's team had answers, and we would TOTALLY hire them again!! They were knowledgeable with our questions, hard working, easy to get along with, listened to our concerns, & guided our changes. They added safety and a charm to our house that we didn't know it could have, and the drainage in the back is much improved & newly planted grass is growing! Hats off to you all!! (p.s.--It will look worse before it looks better. lol We were able to see paver color options with staff at our local Aftons prior to ordering. Keeping our project with local companies was important to us!) Have had wonderful compliments since completion, & we absolutely love it! ** B on rates (we wanted to use local, so really didn't look around...had an idea of potential costs with what a friend had done elsewhere) & responsiveness ( due to email stuff, calls were an A ).

Description of Work
walkway-patio-landscape-swale

Category drain pipe,hardscaping

09/21/2020

DANIEL L.

wonderful job, so nice to have a usable back yard again after we had the above ground pool removed. we also had the guys re swale along the house were water issues had begun to be a problem. highly recommended all around.

Description of Work
Re-grading of rear yard

Category excavators,lawn service,drain pipe

08/28/2020

Judy F.

Joe was quick to estimate and answered all my questions. The crew showed up on time, very polite and respectful. Price was good and quality of the job was great including cleanup (took about 5 hours total). First big rain two days later and everything worked as it should.

Description of Work
Replace original drainage system

Category drain pipe

07/17/2020

Brenda S.

The work was done as described on the estimate and the price was consistent.The work was completed in 2 days as originally estimated. Joe's crew were very friendly and polite. They asked permission before removing plants or dispersing top soil.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category excavators,landscaping,drain pipe

07/06/2020

Mark D.

Stubenhofer Landscaping is a company that provides outstanding customer service and quality craftsmanship on their projects. The combination of these two qualities is a areity these days. We'll recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
demolition of existing landscape retaining wall and construction of new wall.

Category drain pipe,hardscaping

06/11/2020

Michael S.

The crew arrived when scheduled and they were all very polite. I interacted with them for the two days they were here and everything went great. The company owner came each day to make sure I was happy. I am waiting to see the grass grow!! I would recommend Stubenhofer for lawn repairs!!

Description of Work
9200 sq ft of lawn repair

Category excavators,landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,mulch

07/19/2019

Ellen A.

Excellent crew. Communicated with us regarding plans and issues. Dealt with problems that unexpectedly occurred. Yard looks awesome Can’t wait for the first storms!!

Description of Work
Front yard was a lake! French drains and basins installed.

Category drain pipe

08/29/2018

MARILYN F.

Could not have gone better. Quality of work/attention to detail simply top notch, Workmen were always very courteous and well mannered. Materials used of high quality. Work accomplished quickly and very efficiently and on time. We are a very satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Replace rotted retaining wall, build a small brick wall, and remove/plant new trees.

Category landscaping,lawn treatment,mulch,tree service,hardscaping

08/19/2018

Kenneth F.

Time to receive estimate was longer than expected. Once job was started, work progressed quickly, finished in two full days plus two hours tidy-up on third day. Crew was very professional and respectful of property and owners. Drain cleverly hidden behind existing shrub. We're very happy with finished project; my wife was so pleased she gave all the crew a hug before they left!

Description of Work
Removal of old hand-stacked boulder retaining wall / replaced with Versa-loc block wall.

Category excavators,landscaping,mulch,drain pipe

08/08/2018

Patrick J.

This is the second time I've used Stubenhofer for yard work. The first job, they completely re-did my entire front lawn. I was quite pleased with the end result. Truthfully I think communication was a little lacking in the beginning. I accepted the bid and didn't hear back. Several weeks later I called them and asked them when they might be starting and they said they already had. They came and sprayed the lawn to kill it so that it could be completely re-done properly. Sure enough, they did. other than that, the job was great and it came out great. Very pleased. The second time I called them to level a section of my backyard to accommodate a new storage shed. Joe came right out and then sent me an email estimate. I accepted the estimate. During our meeting for the estimate I mentioned verbally that I wanted "so much space" in between space A and B. When work day came and they did the work, I came home from work and noticed they had completed the job but there was NO space between A and B. I called and spoke to Joe and explained why this wouldn't work and asked about possible solutions. He said he would get back to me. I didn't hear anything from him the rest of that day and even though it was already late in the day, I thought I might have heard something but didn't. Having been burned by a few contractors previously, I started to think.. oh boy... I hope we are going to be able to resolve this? The very next day I came home from work for lunch and they had fixed the area to be what I expected. Proper spacing between A and B. It was MUCH better and I now felt at ease with the job. Much relief. Again not the usual thorough and detailed level of communication that I normally employ, but they made it right. I'm not even sure where you would have placed the blame on this issue. Was it me not explaining properly? I don't think so as I explained the space I desired. Was it Joe not detailing that part of our conversation? Maybe a little fault on both our parts? I don't know. A bad contractor could have walked away from this saying... well... we did what was was detailed in the contract that you signed, because there was no mention of the desired space between A and B in the signed contract. I didn't pick up on that and next time will make sure that I don't sign or approve anything that doesn't have all my wishes laid out in writing. That part certainly falls on me because you can't expect the contractor to be a mind reader. But my mentioning it verbally and him verbally acknowledged it, I thought I was good to go. Bottom line: They did not argue, no finger pointing no blame game, nothing. They came back the very next day and gave me what I was expecting! I phoned Joe that same day to thank him for fixing it and for making it right with no problems or hassle at all. TOP NOTCH! I would certainly call them again for any landscaping needs, and I will do just that when the need arises. Thanks Joe and Team!

Description of Work
Flatten Lanscape for Shed

Category landscaping

Montes Landscaping

To start off we offer from routine mowing, Fall and spring clean up, mulch/bed maintenance, landscape design and installation, hedge management, patio and Paver installations, retaining walls, leaf removal, new lawns and lawn repairs, detaching along with aeration and reseeding, gutter cleaning, drainages, lawn programs and more to offer. Where quality and value means something. We are locally owned and operated company that values honest and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer variety of landscaping services that are customizable to each individual project. You will find us to be competitive price, paying close attention to the details of each and every project that we are involved with. At Montes landscaping, We are committed to your lawn and landscapes appearance. With many years of knowledge and experience, our family owned business has proudly serviced the Erie are and surroundings.

Cutting Edge Landscaping

We are your one stop shop for all your lawn care and landscaping needs. We have over 15+ years experience. Give us a call today for your FREE Quote! ...and Remember "OUR GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER"

J Thomas Tree Service, Inc.

J. Thomas Tree Service is owned and operated by Jacob Thomas, CTSP, Certified Tree Care Safety Professional, ISA Certified Arborist PD2262A. The company holds membership and certifications in the TCIA (Tree Care Industry Association) as well as the ISA (International Society of Arboriculture). Our motto "Out on A Limb For You" exemplifies our commitment to our customers and our industry. J. Thomas Tree Service employees are trained, dedicated, and committed to providing the very best of service to (ANSI) A300 Standards for Tree Care Operations.

Check, PayPal

NEW LAWN INSTALLATION, HYDROSEEDING, PLANTING BED DESIGN, RETAINING WALLS, DRAINAGE, BRICK WALKS AND PATIOS, FENCING AND DECKS, WATER GARDENS, LANDSCAPE LIGHTING, SOFTRAK PUTTING GREENS, REGULAR WEEDING, SHRUB TRIMMING, BARK MULCH APPLICATIONS, AERATING, DETHATCHING, SLIT OVERSEEDING, LAWN MOWING, SPRING & FALL CLEANUPS.

WE DO NOT DO ONE TIME MOWS, LARGE TREE PRUNING OR REMOVAL