SCHNEIDER HEATING & AC

Founded 1949 • With Angi since August 2010

3350 W LAKE RD

Erie, PA 16505

Schneider Heating & Air Conditioning is a leader in heating, cooling, ventilation and air quality products and services in and around the Erie region for more than 60 years. Installing and servicing residential and light commercial equipment. Schneider technicians are trained utilizing the most sophisticated heating, ventilation, and air conditioning technologies and equipment. Installing and maintaining equipment offering the best warranties available in the market today. Financing is available....

03/26/2020

Thom N.

He did a wonderful job and they cleaned everything up completely when they were done. They even came back to fix a problem and didn't charge us for it. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
He put in a new furnace and a central air unit as well. He also added an additional trunk line in the basement.

06/20/2018

John B.

Schneider has installed and serviced both my gas furnace & minisplit AC. Their service over the past 10 years has been excellent. Always responsive and prompt. A couple of times they have offered suggestions to fix a problem over the phone, which allowed me to easily fix a problem immediately with no charge. This I find unusual excellent service as I recognize they don't make any money off of this. They are simply helping a customer. Would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Heating & AC

06/20/2018

John B.

I have worked with Schneider for a number of years. Has provided great service over the years. I never felt over charged and alway got excellent service. I finally decided to replace a very old boiler. He provided a very fair price and no problems with the install. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New Boiler

10/21/2017

Victoria W.

My dog decided to chew on a small plastic piece that went to my boiler style furnace. You would think it would be an easy find but it was far from. Ben came out to see how it could be fixed. He definitely is amazing at what he does and I would highly recommend him to anyone needed his type of service. Ben put a lot of time and effort into fixing my furnace and didn’t give up until it was fixed. I will definitely use Schneider Heating and Cooling again in the future in need be. If you’re looking for amazing customer service and a company that really is dedicated then Schneider Heating and Cooling is the way to go.

Description of Work
Boiler furnace repair

11/21/2016

MARVIN H.

Excellent! They had a very difficult problem to solve. They figured they could do it, got at it and within 2 days they were gone and we have a good heating system. They put it into 2 zones, they were replacing 2 furnaces with one. Most of the people I called came out and looked the situation over, and said there was no way, you can?t do it with one furnace, you have to have 2 furnaces. Schneider Heating was one that said, ?yes, we can do it!? It was expensive, but we were happy to pay it to get what we wanted.

Description of Work
Installed furnace.

07/01/2016

Sue M.

Perfect. Prior to the run to the 2nd floor master bedroom, summer days and nights could be unbearable. Ben evaluated the home, determined that the current ducting in the basement was terribly inefficient, the runs going to 2nd floor bathroom and bedroom were not properly installed. There was no run to the master bedroom. Ben and his team spent the day replacing the basement ducting, replacing the runs in to the 2nd floor and added a new run to the master bedroom. Since then, and after many 90+ degree days, the temperature in the master bedroom is perfect. Days when, without this, would have been terribly uncomfortable have been replaced with very comfortable and cool rooms. The basement work, in addition to replacing inefficient ducting, looks 100 times better than before. The whole team did a great job, and our 2nd floor is very comfortable and our basement ducting looks great and is easier to move around. Great work.

Description of Work
Redo basement ducting, replace ducting runs to upstairs bathroom, bedroom, and a new run to master bedroom.

06/12/2014

Barbara S.

They don't try to upsell you on your issue. My air conditioner is old, but they were willing to do minor service to keep it working. This was no charge too. One time they were here, my sink was backed up and they looked at it. The plug was too far out in the pipe, but they recommended a good, fair plumber who came and did an excellent job. I highly recommend Schneider. When I do need that new air-conditioner, I will call them.

Description of Work
I was having trouble with my hot water heating system all through this really cold winter. Schneider came out and showed me how I could jiggle a spring that would stick when the gas pressure was too low (apparently, this happens in sub-zero weather) and by doing this, would trigger the system to start. He didn't charge me for this visit. I've used him over the course of five years or so and only one repair cost about $300 to replace a motor.

01/21/2014

Andrew F.

Was able to respond the day I called. After butting heads with my contractor a little bit regarding his suggestions, he related he would have a quote for us by the next day. It's been nearly a month and nothing. I don't appreciate having my time wasted and being led on waiting for a quote to boot. Thumbs down!

Description of Work
Came out to quote a furnace / central air along with run new duct work

06/25/2013

Janet D.

Person answered the phone and gave an estimate over the phone without coming out to see the property. I would have liked to have them do a proper inspection to tell exactly what tonnage A/C we would need to have installed. I am sure he has installed many units of both furnaces and A/C's but each home is different and needs to be properly evaluated to ensure (1) The price they are quoting is accurate and not a shot in the dark (2) To give a written estimate and not a guesstimate so there are no surprises for both the homeowner and/or the installer. Their work might be very professional but the phone conversation was definitely not.

Description of Work
Called and asked for an estimate to install customer supplied furnace and then also have them put an A/C unit in.

06/11/2013

Carl H.

We were given a discount for getting all of that work done at once. It was actually nice to have gotten the A/C taken care of in the Fall, since we then didn't have to try to get an appointment during the busy season. The service was great. Since we have an old house, Schneider was able to correct some of the issues present with the vent system. We had a couple of glitches with the system, due to our house, and Schneider came back out and fixed them without charging extra. I have recommended him to friends and have been pleased over the years with his product and service.

Description of Work
They put in two new furnaces to replace an old ineffiecient furnace. They also installed central A/C for the home.

KB Handyman

KB Handyman can complete a variety of projects for you, from installing doors, to tiling your bathroom . " No job is too small " "On time. Done right" Call now : (717) 980 1200

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

24 Hour emergency service on all makes and models Installation of high efficiency central air conditioning systems Installation of high efficiency gas furnaces Installation of high efficiency heat pumps Installation of high efficiency hot water boilers Installation of energy saving programmable thermostats