Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet

Founded 1984 • With Angi since August 2010

945 W 12th St

Erie, PA 16501

Additional DBA - Greg Thomas Floor Expressions. Financing available....

02/01/2016

judy W.

Fast. Looks great wears well.

Description of Work
Install bathroom tile

07/28/2014

Marguerite T.

Description of Work
Estimated flooring

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

05/05/2014

Janet C.

The employees in the store were very knowledgeable and helpful in selecting the tile and grout color to match. They take their time with all customers who walk through the door. Tile arrived when they said it would. Very good quality and they have a huge selection to choose from. Looking forward to using them again in the future.

Description of Work
Provide the tile for bar area in basement.

03/04/2013

Deborah Z.

Process went very well. Everything was cleaned up after it was finished.

Description of Work
Removed tile under stove so it would fit in properly.

01/31/2013

Roger S.

Description of Work
We had a small job, just replacing carpeting on the stairs to the second floor. We spent a fair amount of time selecting the carpet, after which they came to measure the job for a quote. He was unable to give us a quote on site (like their competition did), saying they would get back to us with the number. After waiting several days, we called to ask for the quote and were told they would call us back within the day. Never got the call. When I took the carpet sample back a few weeks later, they asked if we were ready to book the installation! I told them what had happened and that we had given the job to Shillings. The girl didn't know what to say...but what really amazed me is that the owner never tried to contact me to apologize or explain what had happened. They will not see us in the store again.

11/19/2012

geraldine O.

Our home is 150+ years old. The kitchen floor was original, plank pine. It was very warped and uneven. We have a gas stove, with the gas line running up through the floor, and a 700 pound radiator which had to be moved, and tile cut around the pipes coming up through the floor. A cement base and hardy board was installed before they installed the actual tile. The tile installers were very professional, arriving promptly each morning. They were great about answering my many questions about the new flooring, future care, etc. They did an excellent job of leveling out our floor and trimming our doors and plinth blocks to accommodate the new flooring. The tile was perfectly cut, where needed and laid in a proper pattern in doorways and around the edges of the room. Everything was completely cleaned up when the job was finished. I would recommend Flooring Expressions by Greg Thomas. I am already planning a bathroom remodel and intend to use their services again!!

Description of Work
Flooring Expressions installed 16 X 16 ceramic tile flooring in our kitchen. The installation included surface preparation - leveling with cement and hardie board, cutting and installing tile, trimming doors and plinth blocks, grouting tile, and caulking edges.

11/12/2012

Anthony M.

see above

Description of Work
No services performed!! On 2/9/12 I stopped at the store to discuss the replacment of six ceramic tiles in my kitchen - the tiles needed to be replaced because of our wear and tear over the years. Greg Thomas had installed the tiles when we first built the house. The store discussion went well, I was to check on some dates and names so that the orginal grout color could be found in their files - this was accomplished the next day. On 2/24/12 I called the store to check on progress. Yes they had found the correct color and would order it. I asked about when the job might be scheduled, I never asked about price, and was told that repairs are scheduled for short days when a job is completed and time is available - I would be called!!!!!!!!! Followed up with two "WHEN" calls in March. My last call was made 4/19/12. I have not heard anything since then about the repair job and have assumed they are just to busy to do it. Actually a new cabinet has eliminated the worst looking broken tile and the others are not a concern anymore. It's to bad that the store could not call and tell me that they are just to busy and cannot do the job. I have a bathroom that we will be looking for someone to update very soon - it will require a tile job not sure I will ask Greg Thomas for a quote!!!!!!!

07/18/2012

Nicole M.

He's very responsive. He does what you ask. He will work with you on price. He's very easy to work with. Very nice. He has a large assortment of products.

Description of Work
Installed wood floors. Installed ceramic tiles. Back plash in kitchen as well.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

11/21/2011

Susan K.

They did an outstanding job with the tiling. I've been very unhappy with the carpet itself. I talked a long time with them about the situation we have - we live in the country and have 2 big dogs and the carpet gets a tremendous amount of wear. i was told it's the best carpet on the market, it cleans up beautifully and nothing can get to it. After a years time I'm looking at replacing it. It just doesn't clean. It has been very frustrating. The one thing i would say about them is that they do a beautiful job while they are here but getting them to come back is next to impossible. The price is pretty comparable.

Description of Work
Abbey Carpet & Floor installed carpet in my family room and tile in the kitchen.

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile

01/13/2011

Louis P.

Greg Thomas does excellent work. They are clean and reliable. The quality is excellent. I am happy with the service. I had used them in the past and was pleased, which is why I called them again.

Description of Work
Greg Thomas installed a tile floor for me.

Montes Landscaping

To start off we offer from routine mowing, Fall and spring clean up, mulch/bed maintenance, landscape design and installation, hedge management, patio and Paver installations, retaining walls, leaf removal, new lawns and lawn repairs, detaching along with aeration and reseeding, gutter cleaning, drainages, lawn programs and more to offer. Where quality and value means something. We are locally owned and operated company that values honest and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer variety of landscaping services that are customizable to each individual project. You will find us to be competitive price, paying close attention to the details of each and every project that we are involved with. At Montes landscaping, We are committed to your lawn and landscapes appearance. With many years of knowledge and experience, our family owned business has proudly serviced the Erie are and surroundings.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet

How is Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet overall rated?

Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet open?

Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet is open:

What payment options does Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet provide

Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet offer free estimates?

Yes, Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet offers free project estimates.

Does Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet offer a senior discount?

No, Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet?

Yes, Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet offers warranties.

What services does Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet offer?

Floor Expressions By Greg Thomas / Abbey Carpet offers the following services: Flooring sales & installations of carpet, hardwood, laminate, marble, granite, slates, glass, metal, area rugs, window treatments, stone & tile.