Blackman Electric Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since August 2010

4.2

1154 W 8th St

Erie, PA 16502

Family owned & operated. Additional DBA - Blackman Electric....

01/16/2013

Peter R.

Blackmans did send us a bill that we felt would have been a fair price had the work been completed but since they didn't complete the work and another company was able to resolve the problem we asked that we not be charged. After calling twice and sending a formal letter we were able to have the cost of the service removed. So, they were very nice with that but if we need electrical work done again we will not be calling Blackmans.

Description of Work
We were having issues installing new light fixtures in our addition. It seemed like the previous owners had done the job themselves and not too well. So we called Blackmans and they sent out a guy. He (and my husband) worked for 3 hours (!) on the issue and ultimately he told us it was not salvageable and the whole room would need to be completely rewired. We thanked the man, called another company (who sent out 2 workers so my husband wasn't inconvenienced) and had the lights working in a couple of hours.

Category electrician,lighting

08/31/2012

Christine L.

I had a small job that needed done. I called and left a message on their voicemal but its now been two weeks and no one ever called me back. If the job was too small for them they could have at least called back to tell me. In the meantime I found a great electricaion who came and did the job within a week of my initial call.

Description of Work
i just needed a new outlet, light and motion detector.

04/25/2012

Lance B.

The price was very good.

Description of Work
Blackman Electric Inc repaired the outside light.

04/23/2012

Lance B.

I would certainly recommend his services to others and will use him again in the future if needed.

Description of Work
I used Blackman Electric Inc. for electrical work.

09/12/2011

Lance B.

I think the price was very reasonable. They worked for a long time trying to figure out how the old stuff worked. They were trying to figure out how to get it working again without replacing the whole system. They stuck with me and did what they needed to do. Then it started working again. I was very pleased with their professionalism and they stuck with the job. I would use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
I used the services of Blackman Electric Inc. for electrical work about a year ago. I had problems with the outside lighting and it's a very complex system. It quit working since it was old. So, the replacement parts weren't available, but they got it working again.

Category electrician,lighting

Michalak Electric

This company is owner operated with a small crew of 2. As the owner, I have personally been in the industrial electrical work for 5+ years. Work we have performed and successfully completed thus far are rewiring older homes to suit NEC codes to date, remove/install old service panels in homes-replace with a new updated service panel. No matter the size of the job, we can do it. If you have a bad outlet, switch, or looking for an electrical contractor to wire a new build, call us!

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Residential and commercial electrical wiring, power distribution, and equipment installation, generators, new construction, renovations, ups installations & lighting design.