Bert's Handyman Service

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2010

3015 Feasler St

Erie, PA 16506

General all around residential & commercial repair services. Odd jobs that may require a helping hand. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry, interior-exterior painting, power washing, flooring, storm & entry door installation, dead bolt lock installation and many more along these lines. Pennsylvania Contractors No. PA014920....

05/07/2020

Scott M.

Bert is 100% professional, excellent work

Description of Work
Closet shelving, window blind installations, screen door repairs, etc.

Category appliance repair, closet systems, replacement windows, doors

Thank you for your kind words. It's a pleasure to work for you.

11/08/2019

Judith K.

Perfect. Very pleased with his work.

Description of Work
Plumbing Repair

Category plumbing

05/02/2017

Juanita O.

Looks great, no leaks. Great job!!!

Description of Work
Gutter patch

Category gutter repair, handyman service, house painters

Thank you so much...

04/17/2017

Tomasina T.

He was very professional and answered every question we had. He took was very thorough and did an excellent job. We will definitely hire him again in the future.

Description of Work
Bert came in and installed a threshold on our back door and worked on some doors that were sticking or out of square.

Category handyman service, doors

Thank you very much.

01/30/2017

John M.

Always professional, on time and on budget. Easy to work with and accommodating. Wonderful results.

Description of Work
Bert helped us out with many projects over the past few years. These include both small and large repairs and renovations, interior and exterior. We would not hesitate to contact him again, and we recommend him to anyone needing handyman services. There doesn't seem to be anything he can't tackle.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, deck cleaning, interior painters, basement remodeling

Thank you so much.

04/07/2016

Scott O.

Went out of his way to get work done by deadline so tenant could move in. Excellent work.

Description of Work
Built complex bathroom wall including encasement around 2 pipes, and repaired wall mounted light fixture

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling

It was a pleasure to work for this customer.

11/13/2015

Gary M.

Mr. Copple was on site at the designated time and worked very efficiently. There were flowers and shrubs by a couple of the fences that Mr. Copple tied back and covered and he worked carefully around them so the plants were undamaged which kept the unit owners happy. He meticulously cleaned up his work area prior to leaving for the day. The unit owners are very happy with the work that was done and we would highly recommend Mr. Copple (Bert's Handyman Service).

Description of Work
Mr. Copple power washed, repaired, and stained (double coat) 6 privacy fences. Two of those fences were single walled and a second wall was added so all the fences are now double walled.

Category handyman service

I appreciate the kind words and look forward to working for you again.

08/16/2015

Matthew S.

Bert was very efficient, professional and thorough. The work was completed well.

Description of Work
Bert is a busy guy but came in to bid on the work I needed done which was to install a new electrical outlet in my basement, paint/finish a new door that I had previously installed in my home and to get the door to properly close and replace the hinges.

Category electrician, remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Thanks for your kind words.

05/24/2015

Janet H.

Bert returned my call within a few hours. We scheduled a time for him to come, but when it rained he promptly called and rescheduled. He was on time, professional, polite and had the job completed to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Bert replaced siding that was blown off in a storm. The area was at the highest peak of the house, but Bert was able do the job.

Category handyman service

Thank you for your kind words.........

05/02/2015

Cheryl K.

The ground was so frozen that he couldn't get the post down as far as he wanted so he came back in the spring and anchored it good.

Description of Work
Replaced rural mailbox knocked over by a drunken driver.

Category handyman service

Thanks for your kind words.

01/02/2015

Patricia S.

He was great Did everything that I needed done. Very professional Will use him again

Description of Work
odd jobs

Category handyman service

Thank you for your kind words. Customer was a pleasure to work for as well.

10/23/2014

bill M.

Went very well. Made sure we were satisfied before leaving.

Description of Work
Repaired water damage at front door

Category handyman service

Thank you for your kind words. Customer was a pleasure to work for as well.

08/26/2014

Andrew E.

Bert did a great job. He is very polite and conscientious. A couple of the jobs had some unforeseen problems with them, and he handled all of them very well. (He also stuck to his estimate even though he easily could have justified a higher charge given the surprises.) We also had to leave early on the first day of the job when Bert was working on a door adjustment, and at the beginning of the second day, he took some time to explain what he did and why. I asked him to re-frame the door, but it turns out the door wasn't square, so he took a different approach and did a great job laying it all out for me.

Description of Work
I had a variety of jobs around the house -- fixing some gutter downspouts, replacing rotting wood around door jams, and adjusting doors so they close properly.

Category contractors, gutter repair, handyman service, roofing, woodworking

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working for you.

05/12/2014

Kevin S.

Bert was very easy to work with. The size of the job was a bit large given his current workload, so we worked together to prioritize the work and he has kept up with the plan and schedule. He has been EXTREMELY easy to work with and has done a great job with the improvement. He did a great job at keeping the mess to a minimum and cleaning up after himself.

Description of Work
We are preparing my mother-in-law's house for sale. We had a LONG list of items that needed to be done after a home inspection was performed, including drywall repair, painting, electrical, roofing, carpet, etc. He used subcontractors for electrical and roofing, but was willing to coordinate with the other work.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, roofing, interior painters

Great family to work for. I only wish they were still in Erie to for them again.

05/08/2014

Denise B.

Bert took his time with the job which I very much appreciated. Bert discussed with me all aspects of the job and if he needed to make a modification in the plan, he would check with me to make sure we were always on the same page. I value his professionalism and willingness to do a good job. Some of the work that was already in place made it difficult for Bert to work with, but I know he tried his best to overcome some obstacles and do a job that his customer would be happy with.

Description of Work
Replaced molding in the upstairs hallway and finished dry walling the stairway to the basement.

Category drywall, handyman service

[Member name removed] was a pleasure to work for and allowing me to work around my day job schedule.

03/18/2014

Joanne D.

He was very professional, but I didn't end up doing the work at the time.

Description of Work
He came out to give me an estimate.

Category electrician, plumbing

02/15/2014

Holly K.

Very punctual and professional.

Description of Work
Put up mailbox

Category handyman service, mailbox repair

Thanks. (removed member name) was a pleasure to work for.

12/24/2013

Cheryl K.

Negotiated pricing with the insurance company for the extra work needed in the spring and I received a check from them in 3 days.

Description of Work
Picked up and installed new roadside mailbox. Worked well with the insurance company. As ground was frozen he will return in the spring to reinforce post. Would definitely hire again.

Category handyman service

Thank you for your kind words [member name removed]. Happy new year

12/02/2013

MaryLou R.

He was prompt, personable & professional.

Description of Work
Bert replaced a front entrance door, a screen door, a bathroom door, fixed kitchen plumbing, made a new cabinet bottom, re-attached a hinge on another door and made a screen.

Category custom cabinets, plumbing, screen repair, doors

Thank you for your kind words. [member name removed] was a pleasure to work for.

10/21/2013

Gail P.

Bert was honest with me and told me he did not feel he had the expertise needed to install the exterior door.

Description of Work
He was to install an exterior door. After he accessed the job he was very honest in telling me he did not feel like he had the expertise to install the door because the measurements were of odd size and the jam would have to be modified. I appreciated his honesty and he nullified the contract.

07/22/2013

Karen B.

Bert went over and above to do this job. The opening for the storm was not standard and the sill had to be built up. The storms were caulked and painted in and extremely difficult to remove. Many other road blocks came up due to the age of the house. He met them all and did not quit till he got everything right. I would recommend his work to anyone looking for a quality worker and person. I now have him on speed dial.

Description of Work
Picked up, assembled and installed storm door. Removed 6 large storm windows. Scraped and painted wood. Washed windows. Reinstalled and caulked. Replaced broken casement window.

Category handyman service, window cleaning, replacement windows, house painters, doors

(Member name removed) was a pleasure to work for and greeted me each day with a cold Pepsi when I arrived to work as it was very hot during that time. Thanks for your kind words.

05/28/2013

Joyce D.

One of the jobs was a little off with the measuring. He was very polite and prompt, but didn't seem as proficient as other workers I have had.

Description of Work
He fixed some minor carpentry issues.

Category contractors, handyman service

[member name removed] was very pleasnat to work for. The total cost was $365.00. In addition to the carpentry work done there was approx/ 20LF of wood facia on the front of the garage that I had scrapped, sanded, caulked, primed & painted with Sherwin-Williams coatings. The deck rail caps that she wanted me to try and re-attach were weathered & warped enough that they should have been replaced. So, I did the best I could to pull them back down with exterior decking screws however, with the condition of the wood, there was only so much you could do without the screws pulling through the old wood. The double wooden doors in the basement were very old and sagging so that the doors could no longer be locked & closed properly. These were doors that led to an outdoor entrance. I had to remove the hinges & the one door, cut off approx/ one inch the full length of the door and re-position the hinges in order to have solid wood to secure the hinges. Once this was complete, the door was able to be locked again though my verbal recommendation prior to this repair was to replace both doors with a double set of steel entry doors. The only thing I can re-call that the measuring may have been off on was a flat composite deck board that I had bored (2) holes in for a rope swing in the back yard. My mistake was using the old swing as a template which caused one of the holes to be off center and for that I apologize.

12/28/2012

Pattie D.

Excellent - he arrived on time ripped the cabinet out and installed dishwasher - not much to say as the entire process was uneventful - which is what I like - just came in and got the job done and was out - no mess for me - Bert cleaned everything up very effecient in how he works no wasted time or energy.

Description of Work
Bert installed a under the counter dishwasher for me where there had never been one. He had everything he needed to get the job done on one visit - no running to the hardware store during the job because he needed a part.

12/09/2012

Elizabeth P.

Bert was the easiest contractor I have ever worked with. His communication skills and professionalism are above all. I have never seen anyone take such care to keep a work area so neat and tidy in between working times as Bert. He kept extra special care to keep dust out of the rest of the room while repairing water damage to our plaster walls by setting up floor to ceiling plastic barriers. He even put tacky board down to step away from the work site onto plastic runners over the carpeting so as not to leave any dust. When Bert was gone for the evening, you did not know he had been there! His work is meticulous. He is on time to just about the second to when he says he will be on the job. He communicates by email or phone to confirm dates and times. If you have any questions he is happy to answer. I only wish I could have Bert do work on the house I am purchasing in Indiana. Bert has a waiting list, so if you want to have him do work for you, plan ahead!

Description of Work
Bert caulked front windows, removed damaged plaster underneath windows in two bedrooms and replaced with drywall, repainted repairs.

Category drywall, handyman service, replacement windows, interior painters

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure working for folks like you.

11/27/2012

Joanne C.

Description of Work
Bert installed two screen doors- one leading into the house from the garage and the second screen door installed from the garage out to the back yard. The doors were purchased locally and the store refused to install them. Bert came to my house to look at the job and give me an estimate. It took some skill to install the screen doors because he had to shave them to fit. He also had to make the doors work with the existing frames in my house. Bert was very professional and kept in contact with me via email. He also gae me a discount off our contractual price since he completed the job earlier than expected. He was very personable and easy to wrk with and I will definitely call him again.

Category handyman service, doors

DBC Remodeling and Construction, LLC

DBC Remodeling helps clients remodel their houses into homes where they love to live. Operating in Erie, PA and northwest Pennsylvania since 2007, we are a residential remodeling contractor specializing in sunroom additions, kitchen and bath remodels, decks, awnings, basement waterproofing and basement finishing.

Berry Painting & Home Improvement

Shifting to exterior projects--Although we are following all the CDC guidelines, we have found that some clients might be uneasy with us being inside their homes. To weather this storm, we are moving more of our focus to our exterior projects including pressure washing and painting services. Here at Berry Painting & Home Improvement , we take pride in providing the best services and satisfying our customer needs. We specialize in exterior painting, interior painting, drywall repair, and much more. We offer no money down and look forward to your business and serving you. Contact us today 7165783475

Offers by Berry Painting & Home Improvement on Angi
    Montes Landscaping

To start off we offer from routine mowing, Fall and spring clean up, mulch/bed maintenance, landscape design and installation, hedge management, patio and Paver installations, retaining walls, leaf removal, new lawns and lawn repairs, detaching along with aeration and reseeding, gutter cleaning, drainages, lawn programs and more to offer. Where quality and value means something. We are locally owned and operated company that values honest and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer variety of landscaping services that are customizable to each individual project. You will find us to be competitive price, paying close attention to the details of each and every project that we are involved with. At Montes landscaping, We are committed to your lawn and landscapes appearance. With many years of knowledge and experience, our family owned business has proudly serviced the Erie are and surroundings.

General Handyman Repair Services, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, Painting, Door Installations, Screen & Window Repair, Drywall Repair, Gutter Cleaning & Installation.

Landscaping, work on steep roof pitches