Stump's Decks and Porches

Founded 1994 • With Angi since June 2010

Stump's Decks and Porches is a deck & porch builder and designer, serving Lancaster PA and surrounding areas; specializing in vinyl decks, composite decks,, screened in porches, and specialty decks that include pool decks, decks with roofs, pergolas, lighting options and more. Services include Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Lebanon, Berks, Bucks, Dauphin, Cumberland, Adams, North Hampton, & Lehigh Counties. ...

Vinyl Deck with Custom Wood Posts

+24 more images

decks & porches2022
TimberTech Pro Driftwood Decking with an A-Frame Style roof and waterfall steps.
Deck and Roof project

2022
Deck with Pavilion and Fireplace  project
Deck with Pavilion and Fireplace

202118976
Multi Level Deck with Pergola  project
Multi Level Deck with Pergola

202117316

decks & porches (139)lighting (9)deck cleaning (12)woodworking (8)hardscaping (3)stamped concrete (1)

09/23/2022

Chad K.

Stumps did an incredible job from the initial consultation and estimating process, going through a few rounds of revisions to come up with a final design and budget for our deck. Aaron was a great sales consultant during this process. Once the job started, both the excavation crew and build crew, led by the foreman Kevin, were fantastic. They cleaned up the job site every day and they had a great attention to detail when finishing their work. Eric, our project coordinator, was very responsive through the entire process so we knew the dates and times the crews would be at our house working and when inspections would be done

Description of Work
Deck

Work Completed On 05/23/2022

Thank you so much for the great review [Member Name Removed]! We are so glad you had a good experience with Stump's. We hope you will continue to enjoy your outdoor living space for years to come. Thank you for choosing Stump's Decks and Porches!

08/09/2022

Kathryn S.

Stump's is a great company to work with and they built us a beautiful composite deck onto the back of our house. Their price was in line with other composite decking quotes we received but their customer service was far above any other contractor. They were responsive, helpful and professional throughout the entire process. While there was one issue with our lawn that occurred during the deck build, Stump's went above and beyond to remedy the issue and make sure we were happy at the end of the project. After living in our house for three years without any outdoor space we are beyond excited to now have a beautiful space to enjoy. I highly recommend them to anyone interested in building a deck.

Description of Work
Build a new deck on back of house

Work Completed On 04/01/2022

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad you had a good experience with Stump's. We hope you will continue to enjoy your outdoor living space for years to come. Thank you for choosing Stump's Decks and Porches!

01/12/2022

Steven L.

The greatest contractors ever. I called at least 12 different contractors. Some never showed. One showed up drunk. Others gave me unreasonably high quotes. Three low balled me a but turned out to be crooks or psychos. I had to call the police on one. Stump's was the greatest. Slightly below average in price, even. They were courteous, professional and understanding from the start. The workers, as promised, were polite, didn't play music, curse or engage in any embarrassing behavior. They just worked. And the workmanship was amazing. Everything fit together masterfully and used only top quality materials. Call these guys! NO REGRETS.

Description of Work
Tear down old deck. Build a new deck

Work Completed On 12/07/2021

Review for Stump's Decks and Porches - 2458 Division Hwy, Ephrata, PA - 39595754

Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate the opportunity you gave us to create your outdoor space. Enjoy!

05/25/2021

Beatrice F.

The work went beautifully well, they were a great company. We had a little squeak and called their warranty department and they were out the next day it was a great service.

Description of Work
Built a new screen porches with skylight

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

08/24/2020

Ed W.

The this company does very high quality work. From removing the old deck to installing the posts in the ground to completion of the deck, everything was done to my satisfaction (and I am a perfectionist!). The design team worked with my special circumstances that involved having to have a part of the deck removable for gas line access. On site, Calvin further improved on that with an ingenious design. They answered any question that came up and were open to my suggestions. They were courteous, neat and organized, on time, and detail oriented. I highly recommend Stumps Decks.

Description of Work
Replacement of a deck

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

07/07/2020

Jennifer M.

Stumps deck is an amazing deck company with outstanding customer service and quality craftsmanship! They were truly understanding and worked directly with us to ensure that the project would get approved by our Homeowner's Association. We were impressed with their professionalism and dedication to the job. Every time we look outside to our beautiful new deck, we are reminded of the wonderful experience we had with Stumps Deck. We have gotten an abundance of complements on our deck and how it lights up at night. We could not be happier!

Description of Work
New Deck with Lighting

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

06/04/2020

Sally H.

My husband and I recently purchased a home with a deck overlooking wetlands. We quickly realized we needed to turn the deck into a screened-in porch because of mosquitoes. We contacted Stumps and were blown away by the professionalism from our first encounter to the final details upon completion. Anthony, Mark, Jon and their incredible design and construction teams made this a seamless and trouble-free process all the way through. They were very knowledgeable, courteous, respectful, punctual, and accommodating. We now have a beautiful screened-in deck with ceiling fan, recessed lighting, and lighting on railing. The final product exceeded our expectations. Their design team determined we could have a cambered truss and, in fact, recommended it. So they reached out to us and offered it at no extra cost. This was a remarkable gesture. We have worked with many contractors over the years and Stumps Decks and Porches is heads and shoulders above any that we have ever worked with, hands down. Kudos to this company for being a role model in professionalism. We have recommended them to neighbors and get many compliments on the screened-in porch. It looks as if it was built with the house.

Description of Work
Screened In Deck

Work Completed On 02/10/2020

Review for Stump's Decks and Porches - 2458 Division Hwy, Ephrata, PA - 38618198

05/19/2020

Chris Y.

Finally set aside enough money to do a deck project on my home. I've unfortunately learned over the last year of large projects that you absolutely get what you pay for with contractors. I'm handy, I do most everything myself, so taking the plunge with contractors is a difficult thing for me to do. I don't have the time, nor energy, to do large projects like a deck, so did some research. Found Stump's. From the very beginning of the project, I was impressed. Responsive to emails, estimate wasn't pushy, gave me options with explanations to why one options was better or worse, and since I'm an idiot with colors and such, they even offered me guidance there. Sold me. I went with a very large deck as I am not planning on ever expanding my home with more rooms and like being outside. Calvin and his crew were excited through the whole project and were very professional. Calvin even took some time to answer my overly interested questions on how the deck is attached to the home, I was basically making sure they did it right. If I'm paying someone to do something I can do, I want to make sure it's how I'd do it, and they passed with flying colors. I felt very comfortable during the whole project, never had to worry that they were doing something wrong, they cleaned up fully, there are no nails or screws in the yard that I have to worry about stepping on, etc. I mean top-notch people to have do work around your home. I can't say enough good things about Stump's, the deck is so solid it doesn't even move if I walk around it TRYING to make it flex. It looks awesome and I am extremely happy I went with them for this project. There's a reason they have 5-star reviews on Google, give them a call and let them show you what they can do, you'll be impressed.

Description of Work
Build new deck onto back of house

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

04/27/2020

Joe N.

They were excellent. They were very hardworking and professional. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed a new deck.

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

Thank you for the great review!

02/26/2020

Hans L.

They repaired the roof and it went well and was done quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
The roof on my porch was rotti8ng away and was not safe.

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

We are glad that worked out well for you and thanks for your review!

12/21/2019

Stacy H.

Anthony and Jon and crew were fantastic to work with and very professional

Description of Work
Built a new deck

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

11/21/2019

Ashley C.

Unfortunately, they could not help me, but were able to get me information quickly. They responded very quickly.

Description of Work
Beam Replacement

Work Completed On 11/21/2019

11/14/2019

Kevin M.

Stump's was AMAZING to work with. On time, on budget...nice contractors who answered questions if you had any. First Class operation all the way. HIGHLY recommend they do your work. Can't say enough about them, their services, and their communication.

Description of Work
had an old deck ripped down and replaced with a new deck using Azek products.

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

10/15/2019

James G.

After putting on a new roof, it was obvious that something had to be done with the deck. As you can see Stump's did a great job! The additional space is a blessing and their followup has been excellent. Thanks to Gary, John, Calvin and his crew. Great job!

Description of Work
Deck replacement and expansion

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

09/23/2019

Robert P.

This is my second experience in hiring Stump's Decks. I cannot say enough about the quality of materials and workmanship. They are the best at what they do.

Description of Work
Steps added from deck to lower yard.

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

Review for Stump's Decks and Porches - 2458 Division Hwy, Ephrata, PA - 38126563

08/15/2019

David D.

I just had a deck built by Stumps. It was a better experience than I could have ever hoped for. They worked hand in hand with my concrete contractor to get everything perfect. They did not even blink an eye when I made a change to the plans 2 days before they were to begin construction! I can not recommend them enough, they were great!

Description of Work
Had a deck with stairs and built-in seating built.

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

08/10/2019

Leslie B.

I have been working with various contacts at Stumps Decks for many years. First the design and install of a deck and exterior lighting. Most recently with the deck lighting and transformer which were not working properly. All I can say is Stumps is unique in customer service and satisfaction. Within 1 week of my contact, the problem was addressed, researched, scheduled for repair, and fixed. John who did the repair was on time, polite, explained everything I had questions about, and was very thorough in checking all aspects of the issue. I highly recommend Stumps for any deck and exterior lighting needs.

Description of Work
Deck, exterior lighting, repair work

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

07/09/2019

Robert H.

Stumps did a great job from meeting with Sales to completion. We were kept up to date on when our project would start and the crew worked really hard. They were professional and friendly and kept us in the loop during the 6 days of their work. They answered all of our questions and were so easy to work with.

Description of Work
Existing deck needed repair and re-decking

Category decks, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

06/03/2019

Tara C.

Everyone from the company was great to work with from start to finish. When there were issues with the Philadelphia permit and design, Stump's worked with me to come up with a happy solution. I love my new deck and so do my neighbors! The workmen were polite and hard working and cleaned up when done. I highly recommend them and would hire again.

Description of Work
New deck built.

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

Review for Stump's Decks and Porches - 2458 Division Hwy, Ephrata, PA - 37909184

05/03/2019

Joshua M.

We just used Stump's for a new Portico on the front of our house and they did a great job. This is now the third job(Deck, Pergola and Portico) we have used them for and they have always performed great work and been wonderful to work with. Great people and quality workmanship, you can't go wrong with Stump's

Description of Work
New Portico

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

01/22/2019

Jerome K.

Very pleased with Stump's decking, from the first contact with the estimator to the final project. This company was trustworthy, honest, skilled and great communication. Thirty five years ago I did construction work for eight years, so my knowledge allowed me to go thru this project with a fine tooth comb and it was hard to find any faults. I would recommend them without any hesitation. You may look at this cost and think its high (almost doubled) but that's because I used aluminum railing.

Description of Work
Tear down old cedar deck and install new deck with timbertech and add staircase,

Work Completed On 11/28/2018

10/30/2018

frank S.

Josh and his crew did an outstanding job in removing an old wooden deck and replaced it with a new composite deck. Their workmanship and efficiency created a deck that will meet our needs for many years. All original materials and debris were removed from the site including an old broken hot tub. Final cleanup left the site better than new. From the design stage with Aaron to final completion I would highly recommend this company for anyone desiring quality work.

Description of Work
Demolished an old wooden deck and replaced with a composite deck

Work Completed On 10/19/2018