AJ Blosenski Trash & Recycling Svc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2008

PO BOX 392

Elverson, PA 19520

We are a 4th generation, family owned and operated trash & recycling company. We are your one stop shop from residential weekly collection to junk removal to commercial business containers to roll-off dumpsters for home clean-outs and industrial construction projects! New customers, please mention Angie's List to receive 1 month free residential service or $25 off roll-off dumpster service. Thank you for supporting local!...

03/12/2021

Charles D.

They enter our neighborhood every Friday morning just as the elementary children are getting on the bus. They make a right turn at one point instead of a left, end up backing down a street 300 feet because of it, when a left turn would make them travel an additional 200 feet. I called and spoke with Jamison, the Director of something, and asked if the route could change for safety reasons. He said not, I am not in the business and I don't know what I am talking about. The trash truck seems to run forward it is the recycle truck that performs this unsafe act. Jamison hung up on me!! They are not about customer service, only the money. I would suggest for the safety of all, to avoid this business.

Description of Work
Residential Trash Pickup

11/26/2020

Todd M.

We hired Blosenski in August of 2020 for weekly trash pickup and were happy to have a trash service to do weekly pickups, however we were not informed that they also did recycling nor offered the service. After a few weeks of regular pickups we found out about their recycling program and enrolled in it as well. Bins were dropped off and we were excited about doing our part for the environment. The week before Thanksgiving the trash was picked up on Wednesday as usual but the recycling bins sat, still full, A medium sized Cardboard box of paper and cardboard that had been sitting next to the bins was gone, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I called and was told to leave the bins out and they would be picked up in 24 - 48 hours. The weekend came and went and the bins remained unemptied. The next Wednesday, (Day before Thanksgiving) The trash was again picked up but the recycling bins, now FULL, remained, I took a drive up the road and saw several of the neighbors recycling bins emptied and turned upside down. I again called and spoke to the "woman in charge" (sorry, I don't remember her name) and was told that the driver left a note that the previous week the bins were not out. I told her that was odd because the cardboard box that had been sitting right next to them had been taken? She assured me that someone would be out to pick up the recycling by days end. Well here it is, almost noon on Thanksgiving and guess what? You got it! The bins are still where they were yesterday, sitting by the trash can, by the road, still full and now overflowing! If there is one thing that really grinds my gears it's paying for a service and having the service provider NOT provided the promised service, AND to be lied to, Not once but twice! Tomorrow morning I will empty the recycling bins into the trash can, call BLOWsenski, cancel my service at the end of the month and find a DEPENDABLE trash hauler that provides recycling. Why waste your time and money with a trash hauler who IS NOT DEPENDABLE? JUST GO WITH SOMEONE ELSE RIGHT FROM THE START!

Description of Work
Trash and Recycling Pick up

09/11/2020

Deborah S.

A+. I cannot say enough good things about the services A.J. Blosenski provides! I switched to them several years ago after many years with the careless and sloppy BFI, and they are excellent. They are professional, punctual, and I find their customer service to be highly responsive and super courteous. Most important, the fellows who do the actual pickup are hardworking, dependable, nice, and they place the trash cans carefully back in the driveway. I have called several times to schedule 'extra bag pickup,' and Blosenski followed through promptly. Their prices are also excellent. As I said, I give A.J. Blosenski trash pickup an A+ in every respect.

Description of Work
Residential trash pickup

Category garbage collection, dumpster service

06/19/2020

Dallen S.

We signed up for new trash removal services. The day for pick up came and by mid afternoon trash was still cluttering the drive. We called in to see if we made a mistake. Jillian said not our mistake, she would call out to an operator and follow up with us. They knew we had a lot of trash initially being a recent move in. The follow up call never came. Hoping for the best, the next morning we called and had a less than pleasant follow up conversation with Jillian. She knew she didn’t follow up with us like she promised and knew which address I was talking about when I called in. Being on a private drive, I was now informed rudely it would have to be a special trip now for them to make the pick up in 24-48 hours. An oversight on their end, as they pick up for my neighbors on either side. Pick up was allegedly on Thursday and It looks like its going to be Saturday. Not the professional start we were looking for. Hopeful in the future for more professional and courteous team members of A.J. Blosenski.

Description of Work
New customer trash pick up

08/22/2018

James C.

We had previously had problems with late or missed pickups from another service. (BFI) Since switching to Blosenski, we have had very few issues. They are very professional and responsive providers.

Description of Work
We switched out trash collecting service to Blosenski

02/21/2018

John T.

Replaced current provider that I had used for over 30 years. This new provider offered a three-year contract and fixed-rate substantially less then my other provider would offer me. They were easy to deal with and to establish the service.

Description of Work
Set up new trash hauling service.

Category garbage collection

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words! I am very glad to hear that you had an easy process of establishing your account with our company! We strive to provide the best customer service we can, please do not hesitate to contact our office for any questions or concerns you may have in the future! Thank you again and have a wonderful day! Sincerely, Shelby Barkley

09/09/2017

Barb F.

I switched my trash/recycling to AJ Blosenski because 1) they answer the phone promptly & in person ), they charge much less than my previous company, & provide more frequent & better service with written/detailed instructions on what is covered & a 3 yr. price contract.

Description of Work
AJ Blosenski trash and recycling comes 2x week & removes trash, recycling, bulk items and yard waste.

Category garbage collection

Hello [Member Name Removed] - Thank you for the wonderful review as well as subscribing to our services! We are glad that your experience with us so far has been satisfactory! If you ever have any questions we are more than happy to help! Our hours are M-F 8AM - 5PM and SAT from 8AM-12PM. Thank You, Shelby Barkley

08/16/2017

Nicolo R.

Good service, and customer service more than once.

Description of Work
Trash collection.

05/18/2017

Judy S.

The agent came out to the house to get our service set up and she was great and the price was better than anybody else in area.

Description of Work
Trash Service

Category hauling services

05/12/2017

ADAM H.

Susan, the rep who was referred to us by our realtor was AMAZING. We were blown away by her outstanding customer service. She explained everything very thoroughly and gave us a great deal on our service over other providers. She even showed up on the day we moved in to welcome us to our new home and ensure our shiny new trash can had been delivered! Talk about going the extra mile. We even had a couple of questions after our initial contact with her and if she doesn't answer the phone immediately, she returns your call in very short order. Such a friendly, warm person. Since then, we've been very satisfied with the service. A+ across the board.

Description of Work
We needed a trash service provider after moving into a new home.

Category garbage collection

Hello [Member Name Removed] - Thank you so much for wonderful feedback about our sales representative, Susan Gray. We are pleased to hear that your experience so far has been satisfactory. I will be certain to pass this along to Susan. Thank You, Trevor Huberty

04/20/2017

Yanan P.

I have been using them about 6 months, because we just bought the house last year. I think its about $30 per months. They always pick up our trash on time. They bring the trash can back, and the recyclable is always put upside down so it is not collecting water. Previously they don't have the extra service, they just pick up the trash and leave it where ever. I think they are doing pretty good. I really have no complaints. I didn't really shop around but I think their price is good for the neighborhood. I have never really contacted them for anything.

Description of Work
They do trash and recycle pick up.

Category garbage collection

Hello [Member Name Removed] - Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate the feedback. We also want to thank you for your continued support. I have shared your compliment with our team that services your home! Thank you again! Shelby Barkley

03/03/2017

Flora P.

We've use AJ Blosensk before and have always been pleased-hence continuing to use them @ our new home. Prompt, courteous, helpful communicate well. Would recommend (and competitive rates). A family business that we fully support.

Description of Work
Weekly trash & recycling pickup including 1 bulk item per month-residential.

Category garbage collection, hauling services

Hello [Member Name Removed] - we really appreciate the kind words and that you continued with our services at your new home. Words cannot express the gratitude for customers like yourself that have used us for several years. Thank you for supporting us since 2002. Sincerely, Shelby Barkley

02/27/2017

Edith G.

I'm a former customer of Dispos-All, who sold their residential work to this company. The transition went smoothly. The price is great at $65/3 months. They do the collection neatly--there is no dropping of trash in the street like my neighbor's company does. Customer service on the phone is excellent. Good info provided about what will be accepted for recycling. Started 12/20/2015 and continuing. They provide full sized can for trash. They could provide full sized can (with lid) for recycling instead of the two bins they provide. At the price they charge and the service they provide, I can NOT complain!

Description of Work
Weekly trash and recycling pickup.

Category garbage collection

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad to hear the transition from Dispos-All went smoothly and appreciate your continued support! If you ever have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our office. Thank you again! Sincerely, Shelby Barkley

02/27/2017

Edith G.

These guys are great. They do not drop trash on the street and then leave it there. The price is very good. The price they quote is the final price, there are no sneeky extras like "fuel surcharge" etc. They do NOT quote a price and then raise it three months later. Customer service on the phone is excellent.

Description of Work
Weekly trash and recycling

11/25/2016

Mandy V.

They quote 80 for trash removal. Then when looking to hire them and set a time to come out, they reneged on the price and demanded 450 after promising 80.

Description of Work
Trash removal

Category garbage collection

Hello [Member Name Removed], I apologize that we were unable to offer a special pick up service to meet your needs for your leaf bags. Please note this is not our trash removal fee, as this is considered a specialized service. When I quoted the revised price of $400-$450, I suggested contacting your current trash hauler as I realized you wouldn't be interested in the higher price quote. Again I apologize that we were unable to meet your needs. Sincerely, Shelby

11/15/2016

John T.

We like them. We compared them to the two that are in town and they were reasonable and they came right out. They come out once a week. They are really thorough and they come at the same time. The only thing I don't like is that when we are out on their delivery run, they come at 4:30 in the morning, but they are here every week at the exact same time. They show up when they say they are going to show up. My new neighbor just moved in and we recommended them.

Description of Work
They pick up our trash every Wednesday.

Category garbage collection

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feed back and recommending us to your neighbor! Please take advantage of our referral program. If a new customer mentions your name and address or account number when they subscribe to our residential service, both parties receive a $20.00 credit! Thank you for your continued support! Sincerely, Shelby

03/20/2016

Paul K.

Great value for weekly trash and recycling removal. They are very responsive and helpful.

Category garbage collection

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your support.

11/17/2014

Dennis D.

I love dealing with this company because there are actual people that answer the phone and return emails. They are quick to credit the account when needed. They show up every week and always let us know about holidays and special pick ups. I like companies that make it easy, and this company does.

Description of Work
Weekly trash removal and recycling pick up.

10/21/2014

Richard P.

The service was terrible. When they went to dump the load they spilled dirty water all over my driveway and dented the driveway. They refused to fix the dent they made and I had to pay to get it corrected myself.

Description of Work
They provided a dumpster service.

05/01/2014

Victoria D.

This is a professional, competent, and user friendly company. They answer the phone in person when you call. They provide ample notice if they must change a pick-up date due to weather or holiday, and then they call again to remind. They have not raised their prices since I took the service a few years ago. And, they will provide advise on how to recycle something they can not take. In this time of impersonal, auto mated service, this company is a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Takes trash and recycling weekly.

03/24/2014

David R.

per month. using them 10 plus years. Great People

Description of Work
Trash company like waste management only cheaper and will take larger think (within reason). Been using for years. Still do

03/21/2014

Patrick L.

They are great. They know their job and gives you the best services they can offer. They comes out depend on what package you buy, like once a week package and if you get twice a week the cost would differ. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used A.J. Blosenski for garbage collection about two years ago.

03/17/2014

Steven C.

I like having this smaller scale trash company for my weekly trash collection. So far so good. Only have had them for a month now but no complaints!

Description of Work
Weekly trash collection. Decent price per quarter and always answer the phones when you call.

03/11/2014

Shane R.

AJ Blosenski were very helpful when I called them. I haven't used them yet, but based on the phone call, I would recommend them to others. If I switched service providers in the future, I will be going with them.

Description of Work
I haven't switched my service to them, but I called them to get information and a quote from them.

02/04/2014

Patrick C.

They responded quickly to questions when I contacted them about switching my service to them about 4 weeks ago and delivered the new containers to use quickly. Their service was cheaper than my previous provider and so far customer service has been great. I just recently asked a question on how I should put out shredded paper for recycling and got an email response back in about 13 minutes. I'm happy with them.

Description of Work
I switched trash service.

Residential, Commercial & Industrial Trash & Recycling Services