GRIMALDI CONTRACTORS

Founded 1980 • With Angi since December 2008

We are a general contracting company offering residential and commercial repair, restoration and renovation services. Our company specializes in addressing and repairing structural issues, and we work with highly qualified structural engineers to provide the safest and most effective repair and reinforcement strategy. We maintain experienced carpentry, masonry and painting crews to provide full service on all projects. We will coordinate work with electrical and plumbing sub-contractors to maximize efficiency. We work with insurance companies to address and repair damages....

structural engineering (71)masonry (22)roofing (12)interior painting (11)concrete repair (11)drywall (10)foundation repair (9)woodworking (9)general contractors (7)home remodeling (6)house painting (5)stucco (5)

08/30/2021

Ray C.

It went very good. They did there job so well

Description of Work
They put a support on the basement to support the foundation of my house

Category structural engineer, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

Cesar G.

Mark Grimaldi and his team were exceptional. A true master of his craft. They showed up when they were supposed to, prepped the area, clean after themselves and more importantly took care of the issue. The work came out great!

Description of Work
Structural repair

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/21/2021

Douglas N.

Mark and his crew did a great job in coordinating with the engineer and installing steel I-beams to support first floor joists. They were extremely attentive to my needs and saw to every detail in ensuring a first rate job. I highly recommend Grimaldi Contractors.

Description of Work
Structural reinforcement/support added to first floor.

Category remodeling, structural engineer

Work Completed On 05/15/2021

Shauna G.

I recently had extensive structural problems in a home I purchased. Grimaldi Contractors were amazing. Mark was there with his professional staff and made the process so easy every step of the way. Everything was explained to me thoroughly and I felt at ease knowing that the job was being done right. I was more than happy with the end result. They are truly experts in structural repair. I highly recommend them and will be referring them to all of my family and friends. Thank you Grimaldi Contractors for a job well done!

Description of Work
Major/Extensive Structural Repair

Category remodeling, home builders, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

Jean A.

very well . Mark and his workers did the repair work plus. I would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 08/13/2021

Ken W.

This was not an eazy task, but Mark and his son Nick did qn amazing job. I needed steel beams installed to replace rotted wooden posts that were supporting many unpocketed floor joists. They went abouve and beyond. Communicated well and were professional every step of the way.

Description of Work
Structural reinforcement

Category appliance repair, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

Leslie A.

These guys are great! Grimaldi came and looked at the problem from all angles, thoroughly explained the process for the repair, how long it would take, what skills and equipment would be needed and what our options were. The estimate was fair, and we approved. The day of the job, they arrived early and got right to work. They were communicative throughout and showed us their progress along the way. The job was completed on time and within budget, they were careful around all the landscaping and cleaned up immediately afterwards. We're looking forward to working with them on many future jobs for our new home!

Description of Work
The corner of our our new 1930s house was sinking and large cracks in the walls were apparent as a result.

Category masonry, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/05/2021

Review for GRIMALDI CONTRACTORS - 1 Caleb Way, Elkins Park, PA - 39439462

02/02/2020

Yuhnis S.

We spoke the contractor was to set appointment never ever called back. This is the 3rd time this has happened! So disappointed

Description of Work
Roofing and pointing

Category masonry, roofing

Work Completed On 02/02/2020

03/24/2019

ed H.

didnt... no call back.. guessing they didnt need my business

Description of Work
kitchen remodel and home damage

Category concrete repair, drywall, remodeling, roofing, structural engineer, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2021

Your project is not currently in our service area. We apologize if we inadvertently passed over your request. We wish you the best moving forward with your project.

08/08/2018

Cecelia F.

No one wants to hear that your home may have some structural damage. Mark went into my crawl space and took pictures of the damage. We also walked around the house and he made suggestions for future repairs. I Just had the walls repaired, painted and insulation installed in the crawl space, I was concerned about having to redo those jobs. They rolled back my carpet and tore up the floor. They replaced all the wood under the floor and added sister joists to all the joists under the floor and repaired my back wall. My floor has never felt better. I am so glad I had the work done. The guys showed up early on both days. The were very polite and professional. They did an excellent clean up job. I was very nervous about the entire job. I had a large china closet to be moved, concerns about dusts, concerns about the new paint job and wall repairs, concerns about saving the new insulation, concerns about saving the carpet and the padding, I discussed all my concerns with Mark before the work was done and he addressed each one in an excellent manner.

Description of Work
My dining room floor was bouncy and sloping downward. It felt like you were walking down a incline.

Category masonry, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

07/24/2018

Tonya D.

They guys were very prompt. The work was completed expeditiously. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Grimaldi did foundation work at my child care center

Category concrete repair, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

05/15/2018

Jessica E.

We truly could not be happier with Mr. Grimaldi's work. We had a two joists in our basement that were in disrepair from former termite damage, causing the floor above to sag significantly. It was in a complex location as well, behind electrical wiring and partially obscured by other structural components. We were confident in Mr. Grimaldi's abilities and work ethic from the time of the estimate. He did a thorough inspection of the damage and presented us with a great plan. He sistered two joists, jacked the warped floor, and installed steel support beams. The difference is night and day. He is a true perfectionist and does not stop until he is sure that the work is done to his liking. We will certainly be hiring him for more projects around our home in the future. Great work from a great team!

Description of Work
Joist repair, house jacking

Category woodworking, structural engineer

Work Completed On 04/25/2018

11/22/2017

Richard B.

Back in Jan 2016, Mark Grimaldi first recommended getting a structural engineers assessment which I thought better then just telling me he would fix it. They ended up not only sistering a damaged joist but installing steel beams to support the whole floor and raise it, fixing issues in floor above, and securing additional joists in pockets. Did several other things around the area, all done in a couple of days, efficient courteous and accomodating.

Description of Work
Repair of joists in basement

Category remodeling, structural engineer

Work Completed On 01/15/2016

10/17/2017

Catherine L.

Mark and his team did an exceptional job getting this stressful job done on a short timeline. When I was unsatisfied with the level of cleanliness after demo Mark had his cleaning crew out right away to clean up the mess and the place was spotless from then on. He was extremely easy to communicate with and responsive. I would recommend highly!

Description of Work
Star Bolts

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

07/28/2017

Alex U.

I requested a quote for evaluating if a wall was load bearing. Got a response immediately, phone call same day. Incredibly helpful and informative, and great advice for how to proceed. Highly recommended and I will absolutely consider Grimaldi for future work.

Description of Work
Quote for load bearing wall

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

04/22/2017

JAMES I.

Great! Last week was the second time that I had Grimaldi do work on my house. We had an issue with an arch that needed reinforced last year, and had some joist reinforcement done last week (the joys of owning an old house). Mark and everyone who worked on the house were great. Mark did a thorough walkthrough before the job to let me know what was going to be done and what it was going to cost. He set up the days where the guys would come in and they were on time and everything was cleaned at the end of each day. They did a walkthrough with me after the job to show me what was done, and Mark called me the next day to make sure that everything was done well. I hope that I do not need to have more work done to the house for a while, but if I do I will definitely give them a call.

Description of Work
Joist reinforcement

Work Completed On 04/22/2017

03/30/2017

Michael B.

Mark the owner seemed to be the only real contact for the company; and whether he was uninterested in the work we had to offer, or just plain disorganized and forgetful, it became OUR job to constantly chase him down, remind him of tasks he said he would accomplish, and for a lack of a better term, babysit a person who we wanted to pay money to so they could correct an issue for us. I can't testify to his work, because we were so exhausted from chasing him down that we didn't use him; but I can say that after sharing my experiences with family members, that several of them said they had interacted with Mark in the past and chosen not to do business with him for similar reasons. Perhaps he's a great craftsman (I couldn't say since we never used him), but you could get better service and greater professionalism from a random GC on Craigslist. Steer clear.

Description of Work
Structural engineering consulting / Repairs

Work Completed On 03/30/2017

03/26/2017

Tyrone J.

Mark and his team were a pleasure to work with from the start - he is incredibly responsive, and the team showed up right on time. They worked hard, cleaned up after themselves, and followed through on everything. We will be using them again soon!

Description of Work
We had several projects around the house that needed to be completed prior to listing the home for sale, including roofing, painting/minor drywall repair, stucco work, and quarter round installation.

Category drywall, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, stucco, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/26/2017

10/25/2016

Tonya D.

I would hire them again with more research on the project.

Description of Work
I had the structural beams in my business reinforced and the basement walls moisture proofed. They were quick and informative. The completed work was very professionally finished. I just felt a little overwhelmed because the price continued to increase during the process. The sell was a little extreme. The original budget was $18,000.00. We still need more money to complete the project.

Work Completed On 05/18/2016

10/11/2016

Theresa H.

The work was done just as it was described in the detailed estimate. The crew was on time, cleaned up after themselves and were very respectful to us and our home. Grimaldi Contracting is an expert contracting company for what we needed and very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Grimaldi contracting did work in our basement and added a supporting beam and steel plate to the foundation as our main support beam was failing. They tightened some joists and parged and painted the basement walls and took care of miscellaneous cracks. They were on-site for 5 full days.

Category contractors, concrete repair, structural engineer, interior painters, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/08/2016

10/07/2016

Laura B.

From beginning to end, Mark was friendly, consultative and extremely helpful. He runs his business with old school style values - valuing the relationship he has with his customers and showing empathy to our situation (and stress). I cannot emphasize our satisfaction enough. For any future work we will be reaching out to Grimaldi Contractors!

Description of Work
My sister and I were in need of assistance quickly to help us with a new home buying decision. We reached out to Grimaldi Contractors, among others, and Mark Grimaldi got back to us within minutes of my voicemail.

Work Completed On 10/04/2016

04/26/2016

Katherine H.

We just moved into our house and found out the house had major structural problems. Mark and his team installed steel support posts and steel beams in living room, dining room and basement to correct the problem areas. They restored the living room and dining room back to its original architecture. Mark made sure all the work was of the highest quality. All of our furniture was covered and protected by his team because it had to be moved several times during the restoration. They always cleaned up before leaving every day. We will definitely call Mark again for any additional work we have done to the house.

Description of Work
Structural repairs and renovations

Category drywall, plastering, remodeling, woodworking, structural engineer, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/24/2016

12/06/2015

Tuesday S.

Excellent. Estimate thousands less than handyman and handled very professionally. Called to say they'd be late so i'd know. Happy I didn't get complaints from any neighbors (I have one who is very particular about trucks, etc. on street). Men cleaned up site well. Men were friendly but stayed focused on the job. Dealt with Stephan for estimate, etc. Very nice young man. I think he has a great future ahead of him.

Description of Work
Repointed two chimneys, replaced chimney cap, repointed brick sidewalk, patio and landing area near front door of house.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, masonry, plumbing, chimney repair, structural engineer