We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Isbir Construction & Landscape Corp

Founded 1997 • With Angi since January 2004

696 McKeesport Rd

Elizabeth, PA 15037

Isbir Construction & Landscape Corp. is a professional company. We specialize in drainage systems, retaining walls, decorative concrete, paving stones, landscaping, and excavating. We are most interested in unique, difficult, or special jobs. Our educated and certified staff allows us to offer what

07/31/2020

JULIE F.

Mike and his crew were fantastic to work with. We had a variety of projects that were interconnected with replacing an old driveway, and they handled all with great expertise. Communication and responsiveness was also excellent. We've received numerous compliments on the quality of the work. This is the 2nd time we've worked with this company and have been very satisfied both times.

Description of Work
new driveway, planting of two trees, waterproofing of a foundation wall

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, basement waterproofing, architect

When we receive a positive review, it just reinforces to us that Isbir Construction & Landscape Corp is doing what we set out to do. We work every day--from the first telephone call to the finished job--to distinguish ourselves from the other guys. We want the whole experience to be beyond satisfactory. Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words, it is greatly appreciated!

08/13/2019

Christine G.

They showed up on time and did the job. Everything looks great

Description of Work
Drainage pipes needed to be incorporated into hillside to drain away from house. Flagstone and river rock was laid on side of the house after the grade of hill was leveled out. Tree roots were grinded down that interferred with mowing. Reseeded the grass where needed,

Category landscaping

We appreciate that you took the time to post your response! When we receive a positive review, it just reinforces to us that Isbir Construction & Landscape Corp is doing what we set out to do. We work every day--from the first telephone call to the finished job--to distinguish ourselves from the other guys. We want the whole experience to be beyond satisfactory. We are happy that you are very pleased with the outcome of the work!

08/05/2019

Sherry G.

Mike and his crew were absolutely top-notch. Mike was involved in every aspect of the job from the initial meeting to finished project. His crew were efficient, friendly and extremely professional and competent.

Description of Work
We had a serious drainage issue in our back yard. We needed a French drain.

Category landscaping, drain pipe

Thank you for taking the time to write Isbir Construction & Landscape a nice review, it is greatly appreciated! Mike takes pride in being involved in every step of the way, knowing that you appreciated his professionalism, efficienciency, and knowledge to get the job completed right is how we continue to set ourselves apart from other companies. We want the whole experience to be beyond satisfactory! Thanks again!

06/05/2019

JOHN M.

Very professional from the initial review, proposal, scheduling and installation.

Description of Work
Installed PVC underground down spout piping as the old pipes had cracked by tree roots.

Category drain pipe

When we receive a positive review, it just reinforces to us that Isbir Construction & Landscape Corp is doing what we set out to do. We work every day--from the first telephone call to the finished job--to distinguish ourselves from the other guys. Any landscaper can put plants in a yard and it will look fine. We want the whole experience to be beyond satisfactory. Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words.

03/18/2019

jon N.

I contacted them; they did not respond.

Description of Work
sewer ine replacement

Category landscaping

Good afternoon! Thank you for your interest in Isbir Construction & Landscape. I sincerely apologize that we did not respond in our normal timely manner. We recently had a new computer server installed and internal office changes that interrupted our email notifications from Angie's List. Currently we are specializing in Drainage due to the high volume of water issues and damage customers are having with all the rain this year. We would love to help you if given the opportunity! Please contact our office at 412-751-4359 so that we can get you on the schedule to speak with the owner Mike Isbir. Looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks! Bethany Jurofcik, Office Manager

07/25/2018

Ellen M.

Mike Isbir walked the surrounding properties to determine the cause and source of the stormwater. The four man crew installed a catch basin at the back corner of the property with a 4-inch pipe underground connecting with a front yard stormwater pipe. They worked their way around large old trees with out damage which was impressive. The crew also added a swale filled with river rock across the side property line to capture and slow any additional water flow. The look is really a finished one. A second project was to eliminate water at the front of the house by raising the basement window wells, banking the beds with topsoil & mulch, and replacing limestone slabs & sealing the front porch. The entire project went like clockwork. They came when they said and were finished in two days. Mike Isbir and his crew are knowledgeable professionals. An excellent company!

Description of Work
Mitigation of significant stormwater runoff

Category excavators, landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

We are very pleased that this member was satisfied with the recent work we did at their residence for the stormwater correction. The topography of Pittsburgh, along with the landscape, does not always lend itself to easy drainage answers. And the completed work is not always "pretty" like having a new patio or landscape installed. In fact, the nature of this work is corrective or restorative, and often more meaningful than a new lawn. When we can address an issue and implement corrective action--that is satisfaction for us. And to be offered a compliment in the form of a positive review, well, that is icing on the cake! This member was educated about what was necessary, and they both were great to work with. We appreciate that they took time to post a review--Thanks Much!

07/24/2018

Charlynn B.

If you are looking for someone for exterior drainage issues, don’t look any further than Mike! He is an expert and such a personable young man. Explains everything and suggests options. I had an Angie’s List coupon and he solved my problem that day...he is excellent!! I highly recommend this young man!

Description of Work
Assessment of drainage...water in basement

Category landscaping, drain pipe

We appreciate that you took the time to post your response; but more importantly that you were pleased with your recent consultation with Mike Isbir. Mike takes satisfaction with problem solving. Not every consultation results in a potential job--oftentimes, he will provide solutions that are simple enough for the homeowner to implement. And by operating his business in this manner, members such as you may call us back in a year or few for other work! Thank you for your review.

05/17/2018

Rosemarie L.

I used this company twice, for this project and typing our downspouts to flow underground to sewer excessive water around the foundation. Very pleased with the the company, personnel and crew. Project was executed promptly and advised with any issues that arose and easily resolved. Only negative was the dirt fill (topsoil) was more clay than better quality soil.

Description of Work
Installed a aggregate patio and landscape area around patio

Category decks, landscaping

05/17/2018

Kathy I.

This outfit is an extremely professional one. So hard to find any service-based company which is really good at what they do, are reliable and punctual for appointments and customer-oriented -- but Mike and his staff are the real McCoy. He knew exactly what weed I was dealing with and how to defeat it, just from a brief verbal description. Impressive!

Description of Work
Control weeds that keep encroaching my back yard.

Category landscaping

This member had a telephone consultation with owner Mike Isbir about an issue that she is having in her yard. Mike speaks with every potential customer personally to discuss his or her issue. When he speaks to a member on the telephone, he does his own appointment scheduling to go to the home and meet in person. There is no cost for either the telephone consultation--we call it a Virtual Appointment--or the home visit. Personal service distinguishes us as a professional corporation. We appreciate that this member took time from her day to post a review.

05/02/2018

Diann C.

Mike showed up on time and listened to what I was looking for at the front of the house and what I needed at the back of the house. He asked a lot of good questions and made some great suggestions. On Monday, I received a sketch of the plans we had discussed for the front yard. The hour of consulting was reasonable enough. Unfortunately the price he quoted was over $12,000 and that is 4x our budget so we won't be using his company to do the work.

Description of Work
Landscaping consult

Category landscaping

Isbir Construction & Landscape Corp appreciates that this member took the time to post a review about the recent consultation with our owner, Mike Isbir. The consultation is a service that we provide for homeowners who have questions about various issues on their property. Hopefully, the suggestions that were provided can be implemented in some format. We are not going to be a good fit for everyone. Thanks for your thoughts!

04/29/2018

John L.

Work was done in two days as planned. Crew was very professional and kept me in the loop. Ran into an unexpected problem and was provided with a good work around solution. Excellent project and customer management.

Description of Work
Exterior foundation excavation, french drain, lawn leveling and reseeding.

Category excavators, landscaping

We appreciate that this member took the time to post a review. We enjoy working with an educated consumer. Drainage corrections are not "pretty" but often necessary, particularly with the hilly topography of Pittsburgh.Going forward, the member should be confident that the water issues he was experiencing are behind him now. Thanks for the opportunity to work with this member.

11/23/2017

Douglas B.

Originally started with their consulting service. Mike made referrals to several other companies to evaluate our issue. Ultimately, it was just as Mike recommended. He gave two separate quotes for a more extensive to a basic solution. We chose the basic solution. Communication was excellent. Mike himself came to the site the day of the work to confirm what areas would be excavated. His crew completed the work on time in a half day. Reseeded the excavated area and obviously will have to wait to see how it grows in. But overall, Mike's group is very professional. Would recommend to someone else in the future.

Description of Work
Installed new underground stormwater drain pipe

Category drain pipe

We appreciate this member took the time to post a review for us! We often don't think about the exterior of our property--until something happens and water encroaches the interior. No job is too small or not important; we value all of our clients. This member was great to work with--Thank you for your kind words.

09/12/2017

Patrick T.

I cancelled, but they were very professional about it.

Description of Work
Gutter inspection

Category landscaping

Thanks for taking your time to post a review!

09/05/2017

Kathy S.

It wasn't inexpensive, but it was what I wanted.

Description of Work
They put in a new sidewalk for me.

Category concrete repair

This member was great to work with! She did her due diligence in researching contractors. She was sure that we would do the work that we promised. The old adage is true--you get what you pay for. When researching someone--any specialty--to perform work at your home, price should be only one consideration. We appreciate that this member took the time to post her review--Thanks much.

06/30/2017

Christopher E.

The work was extensive, but ISBIR did a great job!

Description of Work
Back yard was a swamp. ISBIR came out and suggested a remediation that included replacement of a defective french drain, installation of a new catch basin, and extensive excavation (i.e. length and depth) to a storm sewer.

Category excavators, landscaping, drain pipe

Isbir Construction & Landscape is pleased that member is satisfied with the work performed at his residence. ICLC has found our niche with drainage--we diagnose, correct the problem, and we restore the property to as good or better than when we began the work. We appreciate the time that this member took to leave a review. He has been great to work with and we are sure that his yard will remain dry!

06/22/2017

Lisa D.

He gave some great advice & a plan to move forward with some low cost solutions.

Description of Work
He did an evaluation of a drainage/settlement issue.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

We are pleased that this member was satisfied with her consultation with ICLC owner Mike Isbir. His background and experience in drainage assessment continues to grow. Between the topography of the greater Pittsburgh area and the ongoing extreme weather events, more and more homeowners are becoming educated out of necessity. Home and property are one's largest investment, and we recognize the importance to protect the investment. Thanks for taking the time to post the review!

06/01/2017

Jeanne C.

Great. Mike guided me about a problem with my back windows and reassured me that the landscaping and slope of the yard around the house were correct for projecting my basement.

Description of Work
Checking for water intruding into the house.

Category home inspection, landscaping, lawn service, drain pipe, hardscaping

Isbir Construction & Landscape Corp prides itself that we have a team that can diagnose, install and/or restore home exteriors that ultimately reflect in the home value. We appreciate that this member took the time to share her remarks with Angie's List. Thank you!

05/30/2017

Kevin S.

Mike was very professional, prompt, and seemed knowledgeable. He basically told me everything I already knew unfortunately. In fact he only correctly diagnosed an issue after I repeatedly pointed out what I thought was the issue. No specific plans or detailed suggestions for improvement were given as a part of the deal. Mike did proceed to give me an estimate to repair one of the issues, which was extremely high. Basically the service that was given was okay but certainly unimpressive based on the amount of money paid.

Description of Work
Purchased a big deal to have my landscaping and drainage evaluated.

Category landscaping

Isbir Construction & Landscape Corp appreciates that the member took the time to leave a review for a Landscaping Consultation. Owner Mike Isbir periodically offers professional consultations to define corrective actions recommended for the home and property. We are no a Good Fit for everyone. Feedback is very important to us and we use it to continually evolve and better serve present and future clients.

05/21/2017

David W.

The suggestion actually worked and I am very grateful and impressed by his knowledge, professionalism and honesty

Description of Work
I needed some expert advise on some water problems. Mr Isbir came out quickly for a free consultation. He told me what he thought the problem was and how to remedy it - and it didn't even involve employing his services. I would not hesitate to use Isbir and highly recommend them.

Category landscaping

If a customer needs something remedial, Mike Isbir will share his expertise---with no expectation that work will result. In fact, when someone calls for a Big Deal consultation, often it is for Mr. Isbir's knowledge and solutions, with no expectation of additional services being sold. We are pleased that the customer was able to resolve his issue! We appreciate that he took the time to post a review as well.

05/12/2017

Janet P.

His prices are outrageous. He would not give me what I wanted in concrete and that is a 6" driveway. I wanted a 5,000 psi and his was 4,000 psi which was not as strong. When he was giving me a quote for putting asphalt at the bottom of the driveway to connect to the road, the price was out of sight compare to who I end up going with. I end up getting an asphalt free of charge because of my taxes from township. The landscaping was out of sight. He made it seemed like the discount was major, and that he was doing me a favor. estimate no work was done. I will never recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping

We appreciate that this member took the time to post a review, even though her communication with us was over two years ago. We are not a good fit for everyone, and this member wanted us to use specific suppliers that we were not familiar with, nor had established lines of credit, among other things. Free asphalt is great if you can get it, but not every municipality is that generous, as our experience shows. We are glad that she found an inexpensive solution; our hope is that it sustains itself over time.

04/25/2017

Bruce and Darlene A.

Mr. Isbir was very competent, thorough and complete in the inspection. The source of the water problems were identified and corrective actions identified. Inspection was very thorough and included inspection of the basement and potential seepage problems. Mr. Isbir was contracted for the corrective actions to be performed in may.

Description of Work
On site inspection of yard drainage problems.

Category excavators, landscaping, drain pipe

04/13/2017

Nickole C.

We decided not to move forward with any of the projects at this time. We will definitely reach out to Mike at Isbir Construction & Landscape Corp in the future for any landscaping projects we decided to pursue. He was great to work with and I would recommend his company.

Description of Work
We had Mike out to provide quote for landscaping our front yard and hill in our backyard as well as adding a Koi pond.

Category landscaping

We appreciate the positive feedback, this member was very kind and understanding of what the project would entail. Thanks for the great review!

04/11/2017

Joshua H.

Very well. Everything was done in less than a day and turned out beautifully. They walked through the job both before they started and after they finished and were very professional throughout.

Description of Work
Re-grading the land next to our house to address water seepage. Invloved adding a lot of soil, resetting the AC unit, and landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, basement waterproofing

Isbir Construction & Landscape enjoyed working with this couple. They were very upbeat and open-and we are happy that they are pleased with the work that was done to there property. Kudos!!

04/03/2017

SUSAN E.

Work is not to be done for about three more weeks.

Description of Work
Shrubs removed, areas replanted with grass, old trees removed, new trees planted, landscaping stone removed....

Category concrete repair, decks, excavators, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe

03/08/2017

Daniel M.

estimated 6K for only clean-up work---no hard goods/no repairs at all (too high) wasted payment/no ROI could be that I do not understand, however 6K is really high

Description of Work
needed landscaping done, paid 69.00 for review

Category landscaping, lawn service

We regret that this member was not satisfied with his property evaluation. A contractor is not always a good fit for consumers based on several items. Cost is only one part of a project. Will the contractor show up on time; will he do the work as promised; will they leave the property in good condition when they are finished (clean-up); will they return if something happens? These are some of the things that one cannot put a cost on when selecting a service company. Due diligence is important. We hope that this member can find a contractor that better fits his requirements. Thanks for taking the time to review.