Dutt Roofing Solutions LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since May 2010

Certified Carlisle-Versico single-ply roofing. Certified Duro-last roofing system installer. Accredited BBB member, Licensed in Pennsylvania & New Jersey, PA011656 NJ0400351635. Cost is determined by the job. Award winning....

roofing (100)gutter repair (12)woodworking (10)chimney repair (3)siding companies (3)roof snow removal (1)masonry (1)gutter cleaning (1)

06/03/2021

Raymond G.

This was the first roof my husband and I have had to buy and as a result we were a bit apprehensive about who to choose. Dutt Roofing came highly recommended from a good friend so we contacted them for an estimate. From the very start, Jeff was incredibly responsive and answered any questions promptly. The price was great and we were able to schedule the installation quickly. Throughout the process, Jeff and his team communicated with us on a daily basis and any problems/concerns that came up were addressed immediately. We never felt rushed or that our questions were 'stupid' or unimportant. His team was very professional and FAST - they stayed on schedule and had the roof finished in record time. We absolutely love our new roof and gutters and HIGHLY recommend Jeff and his team for any roofing/gutter needs you might have!

Description of Work
New Roof and Gutter System Installed

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 06/03/2021

06/02/2021

Rebecca S.

We've been using Dutt Roofing Solutions on our 100+ year old (original slate) house since we moved in 22 years ago. Always responsible, reasonable and professional. Jeff runs a great operation. Originally he replaced a lot of slate on our main roof, we eventually had him remove the slate and replace with shingles, our porch (7 years ago) then our garage (4 years ago). The main roof was the last project which we just had him complete. We were in contact with him and he provided the bid November 2020 and we decided to wait until after the winter and he came right back as planned once the materials came in May 6 (with same pricing as 6 months prior). He was there every step of the way making sure all was in order and his crew was personable and always ready to answer any questions or address anything I added to the job. Jeff not only took care of all the rotted wood around my home with expert carpentry, he had both chimneys sealed and replaced the flashing, all the gutters cleaned and properly routed to avoid any further problems. I'm so pleased. Its true, he's very busy and I am a realtor recommending him constantly so I tell everyone, if you can wait your turn, you will be pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category gutter cleaning, roofing, chimney repair, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/08/2021

11/11/2020

Jeffrey H.

EXCELLENT ! Jeff's crew was great. The roof looks so good and Jeff even did "extras" to make the job look even better. The roof was installed exactly 4 days after we met with Jeff. Workplace was cleaned and organized. So happy with the final outcome. If you are looking for a roofer, Jeff will get the job done.

Description of Work
New Roof on our office building

Category roofing, chimney repair, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

09/15/2020

Troy B.

Jeff and his crew were great. We had some sheets of plywood that needed replacing along with a complete tear down and re shingling job. We are extremely pleased with the roof work done. All of the crew were really polite and courteous. This company is top notch, and anybody thinking about a roof job should look no farther. A lot of people that have passed by our house make comments that I overhear about how great our roof looks!! Our neighbors in the neighborhood stopped and picked up business cards. I am one pleased customer as anyone can tell!!

Description of Work
New Roofing

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

08/10/2020

Steven N.

If I could leave 0 stars I would. I have never had such a terrible experience with a company until Jeff Dutt and his company came to do work on our house. We unfortunately had Dutt reside and reroof our house. It took them 6+ months to complete (I lost count). We had issues with both our siding and roof after installation. His workers are slow and lazy and don’t take pride in their work. I called Jeff a few days ago because the roof he installed a few months ago was, and still is, leaking into our brand new garage. After several days of calling him and leaving him voicemails, he finally answered and told me he would be out the next day. I waited at my house all day for his arrival and he didn’t show. I’ve left him several more voicemail and still nothing. Dutt will deflect and blame anyone else when there is an issue with his work. I will never ever use this company again nor will I ever recommend. They should be ashamed of themselves

Description of Work
New roof and siding

Category roofing, siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

09/12/2017

Thomas M.

Great job would recommend Jeff Dutt to anybody who needs roofing work repared or installed.

Description of Work
The cap on my chimmey had to be fixed. It was cracked and full of moss.

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/12/2017

08/04/2017

Stavros K.

Jeff and his crew did a great job...detailed estimate, quality of workmanship. The roof, soffits, gutters look great Guy, the supervisor along with his crew were awesome. There were some communication lapses, but once we got on the same page the job went smoothly. I appreciated the fact Jeff came back to address a couple of minor issues. I have dealt with many other roofers in the bidding process and nobody came close to Dutt Roofing Solutions in regards to honesty, integrity and quality of workmanship. Thanks Jeff!!

Description of Work
New Roof, soffit and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

05/09/2017

Brian F.

Very quick and finished quickly. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
We had all of the gutters and downspouts re secured to the house at a cost that was fair.

Category gutter repair

05/03/2017

MARLENE D.

This year I called him to do a maintenance check on the roof, and that resulted in everything being in great shape. I appreciated that they cleaned out the gutter while they were up there without me asking. I liked that a lot. Jeff Dutt my "go-to" man for any roofing issues I might have in the future.

Description of Work
I live out of town and sometimes have to rely on people without meeting them in person to do work on my building. Last year after speaking with several roofers from Angie's list I chose Dutt Roofing to repair my slate roof, and see what repairs might have to be made to the chimney. I was not disappointed. He provided a description of the work that needed to be done with a fair estimate, separating the chimney repair cost from the roof cost in case I wanted to wait on the chimney. True to his word, cost, and promptness on the job he took care of business to make everything weather proof. . Very professional.

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

05/03/2017

Miguel B.

Job was completed and looks perfect happy with the work and price will be hiring for more roof work in the future for sure

Description of Work
Replaced gutter and facisa

Category gutter repair, roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

Review for Dutt Roofing Solutions LLC - 178 Charles St, Easton, PA - 34954939

10/06/2016

Joan B.

He was terrific. We had a small issue and he came out and repaired it at no cost. His price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
He installed a new roof for us

Work Completed On 04/15/2015

11/03/2015

Shellie K.

Mr. Dutt had previously made some valuable and good quality repairs to our roof. We appreciated his honest evaluation of the state of the roof, and we liked that he gave us several options for repair. When our roof developed a leak at the end of the summer, we didn't hesitate to call Mr. Dutt. His response to our call didn't come for a week, but he explained that he had been on vacation. His is a small business, and this was a totally reasonable explanation for the delay, although an automated response would have better sufficed. Mr. Dutt quickly determined that a vent collar had been defective, and he promptly replaced it. He considered it part of the original work and didn't charge us for his time or materials. He's an honest and integral man, and his work is solid. We won't hesitate to call him again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced vent boot/collar

Work Completed On 08/12/2015

10/27/2015

Aaron B.

Dutt gave me a proposal after doing a site walk-through. And then basically, he dropped the ball. I wanted a change to the proposal( I did not question price, I just had to delay some of the scope) and I had to call him multiple times to get him on the phone. Finally, I got him on the phone and we made an appointment to look at the changes, modify the proposal, and for me to give him a deposit to start the work, which he said he would finish by the end of the month. I accepted this because I understand the nature of roofing, weather, and small companies reliant on the weather, the combination always makes schedules hard to follow, but he never showed up. I called him 2 times afterward to give him a chance, and try to salvage the time I'd lost already but he never called me back, even after leaving multiple messages. I am annoyed because I gave him the benefit of the doubt and ended up wasting 2 weeks of my time waiting on him to modify his proposal and meet up again. If he had just told me his schedule was full and he couldn't do the job, instead of telling me he could do it, then i would have been able to find another contractor instead of trying to make this deal work. Don't waste your time on this contractor. Even though he seems like he knows what he is doing, and seems like an overall nice guy, the key word is doing. If he isn't doing anything for you except giving you the run around, he's wasting everyone's time.

Description of Work
Roof repairs, Roof replacement, siding and trim installation, soffit repair and installation, whole house gutter installation.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

10/19/2015

Scott H.

Never responded to my request.

Description of Work
Nothing. Never responded to my request.

Work Completed On 10/05/2015

08/02/2015

Denise G.

I called this"business" after we had water come in through our exhaust vent in the kitchen ceiling from overnight rain.This company NEVER returned my message! It has been almost a week since I called& no return phone call at all! Thank goodness I was able to find another business that cares, to do the repair that day! I will NOT be calling Dutt Roofing for ANY future work!

Description of Work
called for vent repair on roof

Work Completed On 07/27/2015

12/30/2014

CHRISTINE S.

They never returned my call. I would have appreciated at least a call back saying they weren't interested.

Description of Work
I called them for an estimate regarding silver coat and a full roof.

Work Completed On 09/28/2014

Hello (member name removed), I apologize for not being able to respond to your call. We are a small company without an answering service. Recently we have had a call & work volume which was difficult for me to handle with the employees currently employed. I will be making changes to improve the way calls are handled. I apologize for not being able to help you. Thank You, Jeff Dutt

12/30/2014

Karen H.

He did call me back after my first phone call. I returned his call with the address of the problem. He said something about looking at it on google maps and that was the last I heard from him. Unfortunately, most of the roofers I've called on Angie's list never call me back or don't show up. This is another one.

Description of Work
Nothing

Work Completed On 12/09/2014

Hello [member name removed] I apologize for not being able to respond to your call. We are a small company without an answering service. Recently we have had a call & work volume which was difficult for me to handle with the employees currently employed. I will be making changes to improve the way calls are handled. I apologize for not being able to help you. Thank You, Jeff Dutt

10/22/2014

Oscar P.

Not satisfied with overall experience with this company.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/22/2013

09/07/2014

Patricia V.

The roofing project went very well over a three day period. They arrived by 7:30am and cleaned up each day before leaving my property. On day one they began by covering my inground pool with a tarp to prevent entry of old roof debris. Jeff and his men were very accommodating. Upon my request Jeff agreed to use a synthetic felt material, Titanium UDL 30, as the underlayment. This material is reportedly 20 times stronger than # 30 grade felt and seals around the metal cap nails used to fasten it to the deck. Jeff was excited to try out this product and his workers liked working with the material, also 6 times lighter in weight than traditional felting, virtually waterproof, and warranted for 40 years. Jeff's crew were pleasant, easy to talk to, and worked hard to complete the project. They replaced a significant amount of rotted wood before laying down the UDL 30 underlayment. They did a great job installing the GAF Timberline HD asphalt shingles and flashing around the chimney. They also removed and painted black the snow guards to match the charcoal color of the shingles. Jeff also went up to my attic and connected my new GAF roof mount attic fan to make sure it worked and it did. I would hire Dutt Roofing Solutions for another job. They go the extra mile for the customer and are reasonably priced. If you are looking for a roofing company, please give them a try. You will be happy that you did.

Description of Work
Jeff Dutt and his crew replaced my old slate roof and side porch roof with GAF Timberline HD asphalt shingles and my old attic fan with a GAF roof-mount power vent. They also installed a 27' rear gutter and downspout.

Category gutter repair, roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/13/2014

07/17/2014

Wilmer J.

I contacted a number of roofing contractors when my home roof started to leak. Jeff Dutt was the first to respond, others never bothered to call back. The owner (Jeff Dutt) himself responded quickly and personally inspected my roof. He fixed the immediate leak during the inspection at no charge and advised me that the roof was in need of replacement. Mr. Dutt's crew started work quickly, about 2 weeks after I signed the proposal. I received a clear, easy to understand proposal. The job was completed in about a week (due to weather) with no surprise add on charges. There was a minor issue after the roof installation. It was fixed to my satisfaction the next business day, and the roofers explained why the issue occurred. I respect the roofing crew for owning up to the mistake, fixing it, and explaining it to me. The site was cleaned at the end of every day and at the end of the job. I did find a some nails and small pieces of debris in the weeks following installation - in total not enough to fill a grocery store bag. I will recommend this roofer to my friends, family, and neighbors. Mr Dutt is email friendly.

Description of Work
Replace asphalt shingle roof on house, detached garage, shed.

Work Completed On 06/23/2014

05/21/2014

michael K.

Estimat, work was done as stated. Have discussed getting bid from them for siding/dormer repair. Would recommend them to anyone. Thorough clean up on worksite (home)

Description of Work
Replaced roof

Work Completed On 05/12/2014

05/07/2014

Barbara B.

Dutt Roofing Solutions, LLC was the best quote we received. He and his man were very professional, cleaned up after the work was done. The roof came out very good. We had a small leak the next day and he came back and fixed it (it was minor). I would recommend him to everyone on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Put on a new roof

Work Completed On 04/01/2014