Lancaster Plumbing Heating & Cooling

Founded 1904 • With Angi since September 2008

1184 Enterprise Rd

East Petersburg, PA 17520

Lancaster Plumbing Heating & Cooling is a full-service plumbing, HVAC, and electrical company that has been providing sales, service, design, and installation for residential and commercial clients since 1904. Our licensed, trained technicians have extensive experience in their fields and will work

04/02/2019

Daniel S.

Great. Work was professional and the workman even wore shoe covers inside. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Check up on AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback! We're glad to hear you had a positive service experience with our team! Thank you for your business.

11/16/2018

Michael B.

I had Lancaster Plumbing and Heating to my house 2 times in less than a year for the EXACT SAME ISSUE. It was a clogged kitchen drain. First time was very pleasant. Plumber came in my house, performed service (VERY PROFESSIONALLY) and left with everybody happy. Second time.. Plumber came in, talked to me like I was a moron. I am a 47 year old man, not a child. No reason to talk down to me. He performed the exact same job as the first plumber. Except this time my bill was $100 more. Upon calling the company the woman I spoke too, Maureen her name was told me last time the company was running a special and I qualified for it and she would see about issuing a refund for the difference. When she called back I was informed that the prices had simply gone up. REALLY. So I've been lied to. The company wasn't "running a special" like Maureen had originally told me less than an hour ago. I would think twice about using this company. I know I never will.

Description of Work
kitchen sink drain cleared

07/23/2018

Joe J.

Fast and efficient, but they try to sell you more services. On the plus side they were not too pushy about it.

Description of Work
Repair a leak in a copper pipe

07/12/2018

Mike S.

After getting a few quotes from local HVAC installers, we decided to go with Lancaster Plumbing Heating & Cooling to install a new Bryant 16 seer AC. Not only was their price competitive, but they also offered a few additional combinations and offers in their estimate(s) that other companies didn't mention, like installing a Nest Pro Thermostat and showing a few different brands of systems as opposed to talking about just one. While we waited for our installation date, which was actually pretty short, our AC was still not functioning. To help get us by, they loaned and installed a window unit for us that really helped during a stretch of warm weather that brought temperatures over 95 degrees. While I'm not sure if that's common among all companies, we really appreciated this gesture. During the day of installation, we received word that the heat exchange in the furnace (25+ years old) was cracked beyond repair, which caused us some concerns about carbon monoxide being omitted in the house. The crew responded fast, acquired a new Payne gas furnace, and installed it at the same time. They were professional, did a good job answering our questions along the way, and gave us a solid overview of the entire system before they left. The installation looks great and there was no cleanup required on our part after they left. Everything has worked well so far and we'll definitely consider using them for our repairs again in the future.

Description of Work
Install new central AC, furnace, humidifier, and thermostat

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving us such a glowing review! We're more than pleased to hear your satisfaction with your HVAC installation experience. Our team works hard to provide options that best suit your needs, and your safety and satisfaction are always a top priority. We appreciate your patience in the interim, but we're glad to hear our window A/C unit kept you cool during the heat wave! We realize you had a choice when it came to a service company for your new heating and cooling system installation, and we thank you very much for choosing Lancaster Plumbing Heating Cooling & Electrical!

12/22/2017

Bahman K.

Very good, and very good customer service.

Description of Work
Plumbing, hose from wall to toilet was leacking.

09/08/2017

Steve B.

For what seemed like a simple job at first thought, proved to be far more involved and well beyond my skill set. Add to that, meeting all city permit requirements certainly required professionals. The Lancaster Plumbing HVAC & Electrical team that worked on my home to upgrade my electrical service to 200 amps were amazing. They worked great as a cohesive team and each one was willing to take the time to answer my questions along the way. They completed the work on schedule and made sure everything was clean before they left. When the city found something with the project they wanted a little different, they came back promptly to make it meet the inspector's wishes. The next visit by the inspector only took a couple minutes and was approved without comment. I'm extremely pleased at the quality of their work and how well they followed through even after collecting the final payment for the job. I'm happy to say Lancaster Plumbing HVAC & Electrical was a very wise choice for the major electrical work I needed done on my home.

Description of Work
Electrical service and panel upgraded to 200 amps

Category electrician

09/08/2017

Steve B.

Most sites won't let me leave more than one review for the same company, which is unfortunate since this contractor did a number of BIG jobs we wanted done on our new home. They were an amazing find to be able to do my 200 amp service upgrade, furnace replacement, duct cleaning, and addition of central air - all at a very competitive rate, done promptly, and done on time. Add to that, meeting all city permit requirements certainly required above average professionals for a set of jobs this big done all on the same permit. The Lancaster Plumbing HVAC & Electrical teams that worked on my home were amazing. They worked great as cohesive teams and each one was willing to take the time to answer my questions along the way. They completed the work on schedule and made sure each time that everything was clean before they left. When the city found a couple of very minor items after the projects were done, they came back promptly to make it meet the inspector's wishes. The next visit by the inspector only took a couple minutes and was approved without comment. I'm extremely pleased at the quality of their work and how well they followed through even after collecting the final payment for the jobs. I'm happy to say Lancaster Plumbing HVAC & Electrical was a very wise choice for all of the work I needed done on my home.

Description of Work
Furnace, Duct Cleaning, Central Air Conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

08/04/2017

Victor R.

Excavation didn't go without incident which happens with old houses. But Kevin and his helper Ryan were able to deal with all of it. They did a thoroughly professional job and I'm confident it is finally fixed for good. They got the installation done in a day like promised so I didn't have to go without plumbing overnight. They didn't get all the cleanup done that day, but came back promptly, thoroughly cleaned up and didn't leave my yard a mess. The cost wasn't cheap but was a fair price and they got me good finance terms. I was also treated very well by the administrative people and they were very helpful getting everything set up for the "big dig." The biggest pluses were the upfront pricing and the warranty.

Description of Work
Replaced an approximately 50-60 year old external main sewer line with a new 4" PVC line from near the foundation of the house to the municipal hookup. Installed a new trap and cleanout in accordance with updated building codes. Regraded and installed crushed stone around the line to keep it from settling again.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

11/08/2016

Garry L.

It was fine. They were good. I just liked that they got it done quick and they were fair. They did a good job. My interaction with them was fine. The work was great. They were on time.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Lancaster Plumbing Heating & Cooling. I had them do work on our A/C.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear Member, Thank you for your feedback on your recent service. We are happy that you were delighted with our service. Thank you for your business!

11/02/2016

William T.

The price was an A because it was the cheapest I could get. They are great. They do good work, they are responsive and they are always on time. You can get a prompt answer and your problems are fixed in a timely manner. The workers were great.

Description of Work
I used Lancaster Plumbing Heating & Cooling.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear Member, Thank you for providing a review on your service. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future!

08/20/2016

Denise S.

We got an estimate and they wanted $ 2,030 for labor as the compressor was covered by manufacture warranty. We thought that was outrageous and got another estimate. The job was done for $960 by Triangle heating and cooling.

Description of Work
central air compressor motor needed to be replaced

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear Member, We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the price to complete your project. We appreciate your business, and hope you will allow us a second chance to quote any future projects.

02/11/2016

John S.

Good, they took care of it while i was not home.

Description of Work
drain clean

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Dear Member, Thank you for providing a review on your recent Plumbing & Drain service. We appreciate your business!

01/27/2016

Nate M.

Excellent, very professional company that even gave our child a coloring book! I'll never forget it!

Description of Work
Cleaned a drain

Category plumbing

Dear Member, Thank you for your review on your recent service. We are delighted to hear your satisfaction! We appreciate your business.

11/19/2015

John S.

They provided great service and was able to clear the clog.

Description of Work
Clear drain.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Dear Member, Thank you for your business, and for sharing your review! We are delighted to hear your satisfaction with your drain cleaning services.

10/23/2015

Stephanie L.

We hired these guys only because our neighbor had been the supervisor of the estimator and promised to kick butt if needed. (Then he was out of town when the butt kicking was required.) Comfortaire was more professional and cheaper. So...the neighbor helped devise the most efficient plan involving three units that should (we hope) cool the entire house. Then the estimator, the only person who knew the details, apparently went missing without imparting this crucial information, because they installed the units in the wrong places! We made a point to have our contractor and the estimator in the same room while we worked this out and each had the other's contact info, Contact was never made. Our contractor had to move lights, incurring hundreds of dollars of work which we are deducting from the bill, and they had to move and reinstall the units, repair the walls (but did not paint them.) This took two weeks in which the contractor could do nothing, putting us behind schedule. We got an invoice and then a statement when there was still 2 days worth of work to do. They finally finished last week (3+ months later) and are now calling wanting to pick up a check TODAY. Do yourself a favor and choose Comfortaire. Update after living in the house six months -- the AC is spotty and broke for about 10 days over the summer. they blamed the breakdown on the manufacturer (so why do they use them?) and said the flaw that got us is ubiquitous. Also, the filters have to be custom made by the manufacturer and take a long time.

Description of Work
Installed central air in 1892 house we are renovating.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Dear Member, Unfortunately your review was posted to our account. We have no record of your name or address in our database, and are not familiar with your installation. We are reaching out to Angie's List to have this review removed from our profile.

10/04/2015

Terry D.

he cleared the blockage. The price was great. Service was great. I am totally satisfied.

Description of Work
My sink was backing up. The blockage was pretty far down. He was onsite for over 1 hour. he was grest.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Dear Member, Thank you for rating your Drain Clearing service. We are delighted to hear your satisfaction with our services! Thank you for your business!

08/03/2015

brad K.

I had called 06/07/2015 to the 24 hour line, due to our air conditioner blowing out warm air. They came out the following day and checked our air conditioner out and saw we had a freon leak. He gave us all our options for it, and we went with replacing the whole system. They placed the order for us, and it took about 4 business days to get the system ordered in. They came out the following week to replace the whole unit. It took them about 4-5 hours to completely finish the whole system replacement. They were very fast, a good price and the customer service was fantastic! We will use them for our complete check ups from now on. and we recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Replaced our whole air conditioning system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Dear Member, Thank you for rating your service experience on your new A/C system installation from Lancaster Plumbing Heating & Cooling. We are delighted to hear your satisfaction from the beginning to end of your project. It is our goal to make your experience as enjoyable and hassle free as possible, while providing you with professional service. Thank you for your business, we look forward to providing you with exceptional service again in the future!

04/28/2015

Fran Mannino C.

My husband has used them several times, and every time we use them they find thousands of Dollars worth of things around. My water heater broke, and they gave us a price, and we called around and found it for half the price. I no longer trust them because they come here to do an inspection and always find something wrong. My husband wanted to wait until the contract finished.

Description of Work
We used Lancaster.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear Member, Thanks for sharing your comments. Your Service Partner Plan includes a thorough Plumbing System Check once a year, which involves our technician evaluating the condition of your entire plumbing system in your home. We keep on top of issues before they become a major catastrophe or bigger repair in the future. That is the purpose of your Plumbing System Check. You never pay to have a system check performed at time of service, and the trip for our technicians is waived since you have a plan. You are never obligated to spend any money despite what our technicians may recommend.

04/20/2015

Matthew R.

Great service. Friendly - Professional.

Description of Work
Clean main bath drain;

Category plumbing

Dear Member, Thank you for rating your service experience. We appreciate your business!

04/07/2015

Susan D.

I won't use them again. They charge based by the clogs and I need to find somebody who charge by an hour. They were very professional. They put something on their foot so it would not make dirt on the carpet which was good.

Description of Work
For plumbing it was Lancaster Plumbing Heating & Cooling. They did some plumbing work.

Category plumbing

Dear Member, Thank you for your comments. Our pricing is up-front, not by the hour, which is explained when scheduling your service call. This means we charge by the job, not the hour. We've found over the years that customers prefer this structure, because there are no hidden costs, or surprises when our technicians complete your project.

03/04/2015

John M.

They replaced the $17 bowl kit, and charged me $258. When I called them, I asked them how much they charge to come in the house, and the woman told me that they charged $79. I guessed the $79 included the first hour, or half hour, or whatever it would be. He came in, looked at the faucet, and said that he would have to replace it, so we replaced it, and he charged me $258. He fixed the sink real well, and I was happy with that, I just wasn't happy with the cost. The $79 was part of the $258. I have been thinking of calling them up and complaining about it, but I don't think I will get anywhere with them. The overall experience was good.

Description of Work
We used Lancaster Plumbing Heating & Cooling . The stem of my kitchen faucet broke, so they had to replace the bowl and the socket in a kitchen sink.

Category plumbing

Dear Member, We are sorry you were unhappy with our pricing. We have reached out to this customer to find out how we can make him 100% satisfied.

03/04/2015

John M.

I had purchased a big deal for the service, and it was terrible. I will never use them again. The service turned out very good, but I still think I was taken over the cost of that. They couldn't clear the drain, so they replaced the pipe, which was okay, but I paid $99 for them to clear the drain, and they never did it. They replaced the pipe and that was fine. They replaced a drain pipe in the home. I won't use them again. I think they are expensive. The quality was good, and the responsiveness was fair.

Description of Work
They came out for a clogged up waste line in my house. The drain line was clogged, so they said I would have to replace the drain pipe which was a reasonable thing.

02/19/2015

Phillip G.

The service went well and was a positive experience. Three technicians were out for the service. They were professional and great at communicating with me about the project. Their pricing was a little higher than other companies I looked into but they were very responsive and prompt. The technicians spent an entire day on the service. It was difficult to locate the pipe but they did find it and did a great job replacing it. They put the yard back together very well.

Description of Work
I hired the company to replace the water line from the street to the house.

Category plumbing

Dear Member, Thank you for your review on your recent water service replacement. We are delighted to hear your satisfaction with your service experience, and we thank you for your business!

02/15/2015

Stewart S.

They wanted to tear off the toilet. They wanted $900+ for that. They said it was the only way it could be done. Ultimately, Dan got on a ladder, he got it drained. But it was not the major clog. So he went further down the pipe. There was a metal object in there. I TOLD THAT LADY WHERE IT WAS AND THAT I THOUGHT IT WAS A SCREW OR NAIL. SHE NEVER INDICATED THIS COULD NOT BE COMPLETED FOR THE HUNDRED dollars!!........ He had toilets flushed several times and our kitchen sink running during this process. He had to work a couple hours to reach that object, loosened it, and then used the pressure from the sink to have it catapult the whole way out! AGAIN WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!!

Description of Work
Nothing. They said they would have to tear off toilet and charge $900+. I tried to tell the lady on the phone where the clog was. I tried very hard to make sure she understood where it was in the pipes. she said she understood. She did mention that they do mainline cleaning. Since then we paid someone else to clean it out for 150.00. They still insisted on payment even tho they did not do a darn thing. WE WANT THAT MONEY BACK!! That is a lot of money for us!

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Dear Member, We're sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your drain service. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so please contact our customer service representatives to let us know how we can make this right for you.

01/20/2015

Justin R.

He fixed the problem and I was happy with the service, but I purchased the deal thinking it was one thing and it turns out that the fix was a lot easier than the service that I purchased, so I feel as if I overpaid for the deal. It didn't take them that long, it took maybe 10 minutes.

Description of Work
He unclogged hair from my drain stopper assembly.

Category drain cleaning

Dear Member, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business!