Clean Sweep Chimney Services LLC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2012

41 Burnside Drive

East Berlin, PA 17316

Clean Sweep Chimney Services, LLC was established in 1995. We are a local family owned and operated company providing chimney and dryer vent services. The owner of our company, a CSIA certified technician with over 20 years of experience, personally performs the work requested by our customers....

04/05/2020

William T.

Kevin arrived when expected, took care to avoid getting chimney soot on anything in our living room, and went right to work. He left everything spotless and neat, including a thin, even layer of ash required by our type of fireplace insert (Jotel). He was polite, professional, and in our opinion, fairly priced.

Description of Work
Heavily used fireplace chimney swept. Also found out (from Kevin) that cap of newly lined chimney on very old farmhouse needed to be replaced. He sent me photos from his iPhone on the spot. Insert installers should have told us! It was badly deteriorated.

02/17/2018

Kathleen O.

He was very professional and prompt! Came across as very knowledgeble in his field. Happy with work and will hire again to service my chimney in the future.

Description of Work
Had chimneys inspected and repaired (relined one)

11/21/2016

Ann S.

We have used this firm for our fireplaces for years and he is always on time, rooms are spotless and the chimneys are in great shape.

Description of Work
Had 2 fireplaces cleaned-a wood burning and oil furnace venting fireplace. He had to replace some things as well. Then had him come back and do repairs to chimneys themselves including caps.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

09/26/2016

James F.

Cleaned it punctually and professionally. Reported some additional damage and gave detailed estimate to repair. Returned and performed the repairs. Provided before and after photos.

Description of Work
Clean Chimney

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

07/15/2015

Larry A.

05/29/2015

Russell R.

It could not have gone better. I have no suggestions for improvements. Marilyn scheduled an appointment that was compatible with my schedule. Kevin arrived on time, thoroughly and efficiently inspected the configuration and condition of the flue and duct and went to work. It would be wonderful if all service providers were as courteous, helpful and proficient. I highly recommend Clean Sweep Chimney Services.

Description of Work
Performed Level 1 inspection. Swept and cleaned flue tile inside of masonry chimney. Sept and cleaned metal clothes dryer duct. Polite, professional and punctual. Call Clean Sweep Chimney Services. Kevin and Marilyn will not disappoint you.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, dryer vent cleaning

12/18/2014

Dan D.

Category chimney sweep

Thank you (Member name removed). Happy New Year!

04/21/2014

Sandra G.

I phoned Clean Sweep Chimney Services LLC midweek and was able to secure an appointment for the following Saturday. I received a reminder phone call the day before to remind us not to use the fireplace so it would be cool. That was a nice courtesy call and I appreciated it. Mr. Bourdeau called me that Saturday morning to let me know he was on his way and expected arrival time another nice courtesy call and he arrived when he said he would. He came in and explained what he would be doing, that the noise level might be loud due to his vacuum equipment and then did his exterior examination. Again nice to know as I have a special needs child so I was able to prepare him for the noise so he wouldn't be afraid. Mr. Bourdeau did a thorough examination of the exterior and interior structure of the chimney and took photos from on the roof to show us where time and weather had degraded some areas of mortar creating a potential for water damage. A drop cloth was was placed over the carpet and hearth to protect the surface area inside the house and a high powered vacuum system was used as any and all scraping/sweeping/cleaning took place. Mr. Bourdeau took his time cleaning the interior chimney and it showed. A huge bag of built up nasty, black junk was removed from the chimney. A clip that had been left in place on the damper preventing it from closing completely (that we didn't even know was still there) was removed and now the damper seals tightly as expected when closed. Even with this massive amount of debris being removed there was no dirt or soot evident outside of the hearth area as Mr. Bourdeau kept the vacuum system running to catch any mess as he worked. My home was treated with respect and so were we. The job went very well and the chimney probably hasn't been this clean since we built the house. I never felt like Mr. Bourdeau rushed or took short cuts and am extremely pleased with the results. I thought his price was very reasonable for the amount of time and work he did and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needs this type of service. We have been added to their and quot;to calland quot; list so we can use them again in two years when it's time to clean the chimney again.

Description of Work
Mr. Bourdeau inspected the chimney and fireplace inside and out, cleaned the chimney, removed the damper and cleaned it and reinstalled it, removed the chimney cap, cleaned it and reinstalled it and repaired cracked areas around the chimney top.

Category chimney sweep

Thank you so much for this thorough and detailed review. We certainly appreciate it and truly appreciate your business.

02/01/2013

Michael S.

We recently purchased a home with a fireplace. We wanted to have the fireplace cleaned and inspected before we used it. We called the company the previous owners used and they vacuumed the inside but never even went up on the roof to look down the top . They said we needed the entire fireplace sealed at a cost of almost $2000.00. They told us the mortar was all falling out. Since they hadn't even looked down the top we decided to get a second opinion. We looked on Angies list and found Clean Sweep Chimney Services. Kevin was there when he said he would and inspected the entire chimney and fireplace. He said it was in good shape and only needed caulked around the top around the cap.In this day and age it is becoming harder to find honesty and integrady, but I found it in Kevin Bordeau. I paid him more than he asked which I never do because I was so pleased with him. I would never even consider using anyone else.

Description of Work
Excellent

Category chimney sweep

Thank you so much for taking time to place a review. We truly appreciate it.

01/02/2013

Angela B.

Very pleased. Great to work with in calling for estimate and scheduling appointment. Arrived on time, explained what would happen. Very polite and professional. Finished on schedule and cost estimate. Left absolutely no mess behind. Great experience. No doubt we'll use them again.

Description of Work
Chimney check and cleaning, installation of chimney cap

05/31/2012

Debra C.

Kevin Bourdeau, the owner of this local business, responded to my phone message the day that I called and set up an appointment. He arrived exactly on time, explained what he was going to do, and did a fantastic job of cleaning our fireplace and chimney. He sealed off everything and there was no dust. He did a very professional job, gave me a written report on the work, and explained everything that he did before he left. If you are looking for someone to clean your fireplace and chimney, I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Clean fireplace, inspect and clean chimney

DuctGurus LLC

DuctGurus LLC is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity, bound by fairness, honesty, and professional responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. We are CSIA certified. Accurate knowledge of our trade, combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers interests and make their concerns the basis of our business.

Strohm's Masonry Restoration

With over 25 years of concrete experience, we specialize in pool deck and concrete patio maintenance restoration and repair. We are a family owned and operated business. Please give us a call at 717-385-1319.

Inch by Inch Masonry

Second generation family-owned masonry business providing exceptional quality work in Central PA. We specialize in chimney repairs, stonework, and historical brickwork & repointing.

Offers by Inch by Inch Masonry on Angi

We provide professional chimney cleaning of flues for fireplaces, wood stoves, pellet stoves, gas furnaces/boilers and oil furnaces/boilers. We also clean and repair clothes dryer vents. We perform evaluations and documented inspections. Our other services include stainless steel flue relining, rain cap installation, masonry crown repair, flashing repair and waterproofing. For your convenience, we offer Saturday appointments upon request.

New chimney construction. Duct cleaning.