Lou Curley's Chimney Service

Founded 2009 • With Angi since August 2010

4012 State Rd

DREXEL HILL, PA 19026

20 years experience. Member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild, member of the Pennsylvania Guild of Professional Chimney Sweeps, member of the Hearth, Barbecue, Patio Association. Certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America, F.I.R.E. Certified Fireplace and Chimney Inspector, F.I.R.E. Certified Technician, F.I.R.E. Registered Hearth Advisor, Certified Dryer Vent Technician, National Fireplace Institute Certified Woodburning, Gas and Pellet Specialist, NFI Master Hearth Professional....

03/06/2021

Larry B.

Lou Curley did a perfect job of cleaning out my very clogged-up vents. Everything went well and I will have them in for my next cleaning.

Description of Work
Dryer Vent Cleaning

Category chimney sweep,dryer vent cleaning

12/30/2019

Rob D.

I’ve had Lou of Lou Curley’s Chimney Service work on two of my homes in the last decade and have been very happy with the results each time. I appreciate contractors that are reliable, do things right the first time, and treat my home as if it were their own. Lou definitely checks off all of those boxes. Not only was he able to re-line my aging furnace chimney quickly and efficiently (in the rain no less), he also took the time to educate me on and discuss some suggestions for my wood burning fireplace. Lou and his staff are skilled, friendly and total pros. I highly recommend them if you are looking for a certified chimney sweep!

Description of Work
Chimney relining

07/23/2018

John E.

We had our chimney cleaned by another company due to a strong smell but the cleaning did not get rid of the problem. I called Lou to get a second opinion and he did an extremely thorough inspection and identified an area of the chimney that the first company had missed. He cleaned that area for a reduced price and even called a couple days later to make sure the smell was still gone. He is definitely my go-to for any future chimney issues and cleaning.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning

06/01/2018

JUAN T.

Lou stands by his work. During the cleaning process a piece of parging came lose and Lou came out within hours to repair it. Lou also noticed a another gap while here and sealed it free of charge. I look forward to working with Lou again... Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and inspection

02/15/2018

DAVID M.

Lou and his staff were excellent. The scheduling was well handled, he was punctual, professional, obviously knowledgeable, and worked quietly and efficiently to clean and inspect the flue. Upon completion of the work he spent time describing the issues he observed and answering our questions. We really appreciated his low key approach and the quality of his work.

Description of Work
We recently experienced a problem with our heater and were advised by our HVAC company that the issue was related to inadequate updraft because of a problem with our chimney flue liner, which may need replacement. We contacted Lou Curley with the expectation of a very expensive chimney flue replacement. He came the next day, inspected the flue, and told us that it likely just needed cleaning. He subsequently returned, cleaned the flue, inspected it with a video camera, and reconfigured the connection from the heater to the flue. He assured us that the flue did not require replacement and advised us regarding regular periodic inspection.

01/11/2018

deborah Y.

It was a great experience. Just wanted to thank Dave and his assistant for doing a great job in cleaning my chimney so that I am able to enjoy my fires, once again! Professional, friendly, and considerate of my hardwood floors, with all the salt and snow that was outside. I would definitely recommend them and will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Chimmney inspection and cleaning

10/25/2017

Yedida G.

This was a second opinion as we had previously had another company comeback out and give us an estimate. That company told us that the chimney was in terrible shape and needed to be fixed immediately or we were at risk for a chimney fire. They tried to scare me into a job that was over $4000. I decided to get a second opinion. This company came and said that there was absolutely no emergency and no risk of chimney fire. They did a small repair that cost about $70 (they also did a cleaning for another $170 or so) and suggested yearly evaluations to make sure it wasn't deteriorating further. I really appreciated their honesty and thoroughness.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and cleaning

10/12/2017

john C.

arrived on time, crew of two people worked well together. finished the job promptly and cleaned up thoroughly. overall, a very good experience

Description of Work
installed stainless steel chimney flue liner

11/03/2016

Stephen K.

It was excellent. The woman, Kim, who answered the phone was very polite, got the service scheduled, and Lou showed up at the agreed-upon time window, cleaned the liner, inspected all of the stone/bricks within the wood stove, and kept my house clean in the process. Would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Wood burning insert cleaning/inspection of the box, stone, and the liner.

12/18/2015

Joseph B.

Arrived promptly at set time. Fireplace was swept and scanned using a camera Gas heating flue was inspected from basement and did not need to be swept. Neither Flue has a cap and Lou recommended on for each. Since I don't know much about them he left a little pamphlet for me to think about. it/ No pressure to purchase caps. They put down a tarp in front of the fireplace before vacuuming and there was no mess.

Description of Work
Cleaned and Inspected. Chimney

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

11/06/2015

Liz B.

Provider came out to look at my chimney twice and provided two estimates for the work after another contractor suggested a more elaborate job (relining the chimney as well as capping it). Provider did not try to upsell me on the more expensive option and explained why he didn't think it was necessary. Work was performed extremely promptly and looks good.

Description of Work
Installed a chimney cap.

04/06/2015

paul C.

Lou does a very thorough cleaning of the chimney and flue. He does a full inspection. I asked questions about what could be done to enhance the chimney's heating performance. He was very straightforward in not recommending certain products that are on the market. As described above, he identified an issue with the chimney between the fireplace and furnace flues. He came back to attempt a repair but was unable to complete the work. He did not charge us for the second visit because he said he could not complete the work.

Description of Work
Lou had a identified an issue with the chimney while he was sweeping it. He came back to attempt a repair but was not able to do it. He did not charge us for his time because he said he wasn't able to complete the work. He is a very fair and honest contractor.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney repair,fireplaces

04/03/2015

Peter G.

Excellent service and extremely knowledgable.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney and mortar repair.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney repair

12/23/2014

Barbara T.

Called on the appointed day, then arrived on time. Job completed in 1/2 an hour, with no mess in living area. Provider claimed that he used a camera to inspect the chimney, thus avoiding going onto the roof.

Description of Work
Inspected and cleaned chimney.

10/07/2014

Mike B.

Lou did all of the above listed work in a timely and professional manner on 5/18/2012. The AMAZING thing is that when I called him on 9/17/2014 to look into why my chimney continues to deteriorate, his assessment was that the job he performed did not hold up as long as what was expected, thus he refunded a significent amount of my money. He told me that the scope of the repair was now beyond what he could do (bricks needed to be removed and reset) and thus he gave me a few names of contractors that could do the work. Lou is an honorable contractor.

Description of Work
spot repoint chimney install 2 stainless steel flue caps reseal existing crown apply water repellant to chimney pointing

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

09/16/2014

edward H.

He made a prompt appointment, showed up on time. Did a very through inspection and cleaning of the chimney system; and cleaned up any and all of the dirt and soot that was created. I would recommend him to anyone and I will be using him again next fall.

Description of Work
Cleaner chimney and inspected it for defects and /or repairs needed.

08/27/2014

paul C.

Lou Curley is an extremely professional worker. When he was finished cleaning the fireplace chimney there wasn't a trace of soot in the den where the fireplace is located. All surfaces were covered around the fireplace and he was extremely thorough in his work. During the inspection he identified a gap under the top tile of the fireplace flue. He could see the steel liner from the heater flue from the fireplace flue. He gave a detailed listing of the work that was needed and an estimated cost. When he came back out to do the repair he spent well over 90 minutes trying to repair the problem but with no success since there wasn't enough brick for him to secure the cement. He didn't charge us a penny for his visit despite all the time he spent trying to correct the problem. He identified other contractors who could do the major repair of relining the chimney since he felt this was beyond his resources. I will always employ Lou to clean and maintain our chimney. His professionalism and honesty is to be recognized.

Description of Work
Cleaned the fireplace and furnace flues.

08/12/2014

Alyssa B.

Lou was WONDERFUL. I would absolutely recommend him to ANYONE with a chimney issue! He was responsive through email and phone, and polite in person. He went through a LOT with our chimney, and behaved very professionally. We will 100% be using his services when the chimney swifts leave in Fall. He even took the time to find an article on the birds and emailed it to me, so I could understand what we are dealing with.

Description of Work
Came to install a chimney cap, but discovered we don't have a flue, so he can't install one. Since we don't use the chimney, we suggested he put a metal plate on top. He manufactured the plate, and came back to install it. Then he discovered we have federally protected chimney swift birds in our chimney & he cannot disturb them. It would be illegal to install the metal cover. We tried to pay him both times he came, but he would not accept payment. When the chimney swifts leave in the fall, he will come back and install the cover, at a cost of $150.00

07/28/2014

Larry B.

All went well. As we want to install a gas fireplace, Mr. Curley suggested that we install a direct vent gas insert. He recommended two people who could accomplish this for us, and install the gas fireplace. We will definitely us Mr. Curley again in the future, and recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Mr. Curley inspected our chimney, and cleared our dryer vents.

Category chimney sweep,dryer vent cleaning

05/16/2014

Sylvia K.

Everything went well, he inspected the chimney of the home I had just purchased and advised that I have the chimney repaired or sealed due to fire damage. He was very thorough and gave lots of details with images to show all the damage. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Inspected fireplace chimney.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

05/05/2014

Ian B.

They were good, great and fine. I would recommend them. They came on time. They were responsive clean and personable.

Description of Work
I've used the service of Lou Curley's Chimney Service for the cleaning of my chimney.

04/02/2014

ROBERT & SUSAN S.

Unfortunately, he couldn't clean the chimney due to its design. However, he did provide a lot of helpful information about the chimney and advised me of some design defects that would need to be addressed. In addition, scheduling the service was easy, he arrived on time for the appointment, and he did a professional job in all respects. I also appreciated that he didn't charge the full price since he couldn't do the cleaning. Ultimately, anyone would be happy to have this gentleman in his house.

Description of Work
I hired him to inspect my chimney and to clean it.

03/19/2014

John C.

. Called and made an appointment for a few days later. Lou showed up at 8:30 A.M., just like he said he would and was a pro the whole time during the estimate. We worked out a day around the weather to get the job done. Again, 8:30 was his start time, and showed exactly that time. He went straight to work and I could tell ( I worked construction) he knew his stuff. We talked sports a bit while he was inside, but that didn't put the brakes on the job. All I can say is hire Lou Curley's Chimney Service for a great job and great service.

Description of Work
Had new stainless chimney liner installed and some of the flu lines from the heater and hot water heater. New cement was troweled around the old holes in the basement wall.

03/17/2014

Michael B.

The wind blew the cap off. It was in good shape, so Lou securely put it back on. Great job. Thanks.

Description of Work
Re installed chimney cap

03/07/2014

Deb B.

Owner (Lou) was very responsive and punctual. Was very clean and professional. We had confidence in his service. Provided photos of the flue problem areas for our action. Does not perform larger scale chimney repair himself.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep (mechanical w/vacuum) and inspection of flue. Used video inspect to identify condition.

MP's Property Maintenance Roofing and Siding LLC

We are a full-service, fully insured roofing and siding company. We also provide gutter cleaning. We are committed to quality and exceptional service.

Garcia Home Remodeling Inc

We specialize in all forms of home remodeling, from exterior to interior. Stucco, masonry, roofing, siding, carpentry, electric and plumbing

Jamison Home Svc LLC

Jamison has always been a local family run business built on trust, dedication and committment - values that resonate throughout the entire company. Jamison Home Services is a "one stop shop" for all your masonry, waterproofing and chimney needs. With full-service divisions in masonry restoration, basement waterproofing, and chimney cleaning and repair, we can provide everything you need to ensure the safety, protection and aesthetics that your home needs and deserves. We have additional locations to better serve you: For clients in Chester and Delaware Counties and throughout the Main Line: 510 East Barnard Street, West Chester, PA 19382 For clients throughout Central Montgomery and Bucks County: 431 Deep Run Road, Perkasie, PA 18944 Parent Company of Jamison Residential Masonry, Jamison Chimney Services and Jamison Basement Waterproofing. Award winning - multiple years of superb reviews on Angie's List! Additional email - sweihing@jamisonhomeservices.com. Additional websites - jamisonwaterproofing.com, jamisonmasons.com and jamisonchimney.com. Additional DBAs - Jamison Basement Waterproofing, Jamison Chimney Services and Jamison Residential Masonry.

PA057475
    Pennsylvania
    Commonwealth of PA
    10/28/2017
    Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Chimney sweeping, caps, dampers, waterproofing, liners, masonry, & dryer vent cleaning.