Chris Orser Landscaping Inc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since September 2007

1864 S Easton Rd

Doylestown, PA 18901

Chris Orser Landscaping is locally based in Doylestown, it is family owned & operated company dedicated to providing excellent service and exemplary designs and installations. Chris started the company in 1992 while attending Delaware Valley College for landscape management. Over the years, the business has grown and expanded to offer a broad range of lawn care and landscaping services with customized programs to meet the needs of our residential and commercial clients. Our satisfied customers are a testament to our success. Additional address - PO Box 1175, Doylestown, PA 18901....

04/13/2015

robert K.

The service went really well. They were really responsive, they kept me up to date on the progress and stuck to their estimate.

Description of Work
I hired Orser Lanscaping for some yard cleanup and mulching. They also pruned a tree and cleared some large weeds.

11/19/2014

Kristian & Mike B.

They cut the lawn every week and they do the spring and fall cleanups. I’ve been very pleased with them.

Description of Work
We have a contract with Chris Orser for landscaping.

07/28/2014

Cindy K.

Chris Orser came with two men and walked through the work to be done with me and them. He then left and the two men worked very hard for almost 4 hours and did a great job. I would highly recommend him. He took a little while to do the job, but I think most good landscapers are very busy in the summer. He called after the work was done to see if we were satisfied, and we actually changed our lawn service to his as well. His price was reasonable compared to other estimates that we had gotten.

Description of Work
They removed shrubs; planted new trees, trimmed shrubs, mulched around new plantings

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

05/29/2014

thomas M.

Picture says a Thousand Words. This happened 4 TIMES!! Stay Away! Please do yourself a favor and read this. Do not get involved w/ this guy. I contacted him for install of a French drain. Did some comparison with other contractors & selected this guy. Bad Mistake!! I noticed that some of the reviews on this guy were not too very good. Allot of talk about not returning phone calls, rudeness, etc., I didn't see it until I needed him to come back after installation. Now I saw exactly what these reviews were referring to. Installation no problem, try getting him to come back was a nightmare! Here is the story: Had a French drain installed in Fall. Job was good. Nothing spectacular, it's a French drain. We were happy. Drain flooded in Late Fall. See pic. We had a brutal winter in 2013/14, where snow piled on top of snow. After one heavy wet snow, my patio was flooded & water was not draining. It was deep and approaching our patio doors leading into the house. The drains were full. I contacted Orser. I told him what was going on. He asked me to go to side of house where drain outlet dumps out from back. The tubing is all underground. He asked me to look for the opening. There was none. It was underground. He told me to relieve some of the pressure. So I had to dig up some of the lawn and expose the drain tubing as it was apparent the opening was buried. I had to dig up about six feet of grass/mud about 2 inches deep to expose the tubing so that the water could up and out. Once I did this, you could see the water pouring out. Orser said he was busy with snow removal. He said he would look at first thing in Spring and fix the small section of drain that I had to expose (black netting surrounding tube had been tore in places). Actually there was nothing to do, excpet put dirt back into the trench. A very small job, but Orser said he would come in Spring. We persevered through Winter and Spring came. I contacted him in Spring. This is where I came to understand the poor reviews. I did exactly what this guy told me to do with respect to relieving some pressure for the drain and now he was back tracking and getting very defensive as if I was blaming him for the problem. I wasn't. The drain ending was buried & all I did was ask him to help with a solutionin short term. He told me what to do and that he would come out in Spring. He did not keep his word and many times the conversation was quite heated. What type of professional is going to argue with his customers? We were not requesting anything other than what he said he would do. He finally comes out in May. The opeing was not buried by weight of snow. It was by design. We oncovered the opening and all the rocks they had put there were right in front of exit. The opening should have been exposed, not buried. He did not even know where the opening was and thought that marks left by verizon for FIOS install were made by his guys. Are you kidding? He wanted to charge us to come out. There was no damage. We just him to put the dirt back on correctly. He is supposedly the expert. This guy does not care.He I recommended him to my neighbor and he gives my neighbor an estimate. My neighbor told me that he thought this guy was arrogant & rude. He wanted him to come back down for questions, and Orser said, "what questions?". My neighbor could not believe that this guy's demeanor & attitude. Did he want the job or not? He was like screw him. I felt the same way unfortunately I wish I would have known before I used him. There are plenty of people to pick from. My neighbor did not use this guy because of his lack of professionalism. I'm glad they did not use him as I would feel like a jerk recommending him when I am having my own problems with him. My neighbor's contractor was kind enough and professional enough to fill in the trench with dirt. It took 5 minutes. I was sick & tired of Orser. He's rude & arrogant. He doesn't take kindly to anything that implies something is wrong with this perfect work, which is not perfect by any means. I never blamed his work. I blame him for not standing by his word to come down and help after telling us how to remedy the problem in the short term. I can't tell you how many times I contacted this guy. He's always annoyed & you have to keep calling, but it still does no good.We wasted allot of time with this clown. It's beyond me how anyone would treat their customers this way. This guy is a bad business person. He does not stand by his word & he argued with his customer. Too defensive and takes it all personal. There are plenty of contractors out there. He did a good job of installing, but once it is installed, he left us out to dry. Heed the advice, pick someone else. I wish I would have picked the guy my neighbor did. He helped us by filling in dirt. It took no time at all. He was amazed that Orser wanted to charge us to come out for something so easy and the fact it was not even a year old.

Description of Work
iNSTALL OF A FRENCH DRAIN....NOT RESPONSIVE TO COMING BACK TO FIX OUTLET DRAIN AFTER INSTRUCTING US HOW TO TEMPORARILY SOLVE ISSUE OF NON-DRAINAGE

Category landscaping, drain pipe

04/22/2014

Debi B.

I called to begin lawn service for this year (2014) after having bought a deal in (2013) through Angie's List and being pleased with the service/price. I was told that Chris said he wasn't taking new customers. I said I bought a deal through AL last year and received lawn care, hedges trimmed, etc. she said I don't see that...she said Chris said he just gave me an estimate (??!!) I said again that I purchased a package thru AL, that would make me an existing customer, I would think. She said he's short handed so can't take my business this year.

Description of Work
NOTHING!

03/20/2014

CHRIS H.

THE SUPERVISOR AND A NON ENGLISH SPEAKING WORKER CAME ONSITE .. TOLD ME THAT THERE SPECIAL WAS SO POPULAR THEY WERE OVERWELMED. THATS WHY THE SUPERVISOR CAME ONSITE TO WORK. THEY WORKED HARD AND I GOT MY MONEYS WORTH. THEY WERE SHORT ON TRUCKS AND TOOLS. LUCKILY I COULD SUPPLY WHAT THEY WERE LACKING.

Description of Work
FALL YARD CLEANUP

12/09/2013

Gwen C.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was great. I spent $100 more. I liked them. The price was very good.

Description of Work
I used Chris Orser Landscaping

12/03/2013

Lori B.

I purchased an Angie's List Big Deal for this service. The guy who I talked to was really nice and I tried to have it so that I could be there when he showed up. Unfortunately he came about a half-hour earlier, which was great. Unfortunately he had somebody with him who spoke Spanish and did not understand one word of English and they cut it down pretty far. I did not have that much work to do so really only needed one guy to do it, but they wanted to have two guys do the work. The guy was very nice, but chopped way too much so it was not the best experience. He tried to get back with me. but he also tried to sell me more stuff that I did not want. I could tell he was trying to have two people out there for a one man job. He was pushing it. I had somebody out here last year and, even though it cost a little more, they did such a better job. It was such a big difference that I would never use this guy again.

Description of Work
I used Chris Orser Landscaping to trim out a couple of things in my yard.

Category tree service

11/22/2013

Carol C.

It was average. He got back with me really quick. There was some lag time and miscommunication when they were supposed to show up. We booked them for an extra job and there was still confusion when they were supposed to come out. We had to call them to ask when they were coming out. They weren’t really clear on how much the extra job was going to cost. They did the hours the deal covered, and then gave us a rate for the additional work. When they did show up they did do a good job, but the price seemed to fluctuate. I thought it was a fair price for the work that they did. They guys that did the work were very professional, and the office crew just didn’t seem to know what they were doing.

Description of Work
It was a Big Deal for $167 for Four Man-Hours of Landscaping or Yard Clean-Up. They cleared weeds and debris from the landscaping and yard.

11/20/2013

John D.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It turned out very well. There were no additional charges. They were very neat. It was for 3 hours but I wasn't here so I can't confirm if they were working hard for 3 hours but I was very happy with the results. There was actually some more work in the back that wasn't done. They may have hit their 3-hour limit and then that was it. I can't really say that I was disappointed that they didn't get to more yard clean up in the back but I'm very happy with the work that they did.

Description of Work
Chris Orser Landscaping Inc. did yard work about 3 weeks ago.

11/13/2013

C M.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It went well. There were no extra charges. I wasn't really involved in it. My husband contacted them and they came out the next day, did the work, cleaned up, and then they were gone. We were happy with them. They were a good company to deal with. They were good for us.

Description of Work
We had Chris Orser Landscaping Inc. trim bushes and pull weeds from our flowerbeds.

11/12/2013

MyVan L.

They said that they could get it done in that time but then they couldn't. So I ended up paying more. In the end, I'm happy that the tree was dug out even though I ended up paying more than what was estimated. He came out to estimate if the big deal would cover what I wanted to do and he said that it should cover that but then when the time ran out they called me up and they said it would take like two more hours than what they had estimated. So I said, "Fine" and then I paid for the additional two hours. I don't remember exactly what I paid but it was not quite double but close to it. I paid almost 200 or just a tad above 200, somewhere around there. I used the deal may be 10 days after I purchased it. They were very good in assessing and then coming out and doing it almost immediately. They took away the two dead bushes. I did ask them for an estimate for aeration of my lawn and they gave me an estimate and it was high. So I didn't use them. I ended up using somebody else that is not part of Angie's List. I think they were a little bit higher than I would like. For example, with the aeration they were in line with Tru Green. Because I wanted aeration I called up Tru Green and I called up Orser and everybody was around $600. But then when I talked to my mowing guy, the guy that does my lawn weekly, he gave me a price of $149. To me $149 is a lot cheaper than $600. There was a huge difference and I was deliriously happy with the quality of 149. They did exactly what I wanted. So if you ask me, "Would you use them again?" I doubt it, not for 600. I'll go back to the 149 because I usually have my lawn aerated every year. I think I'm just going to stick with my regular lawn person. I didn't use my lawn person for digging up the bushes because I wanted the bushes out sooner than later and he did not have any openings because he is too busy doing lawns. So he didn't want to dig up the bushes himself until the lawn mowing season had slowed down. He wanted to put me off until the end of the lawn mowing season and I didn't want to wait because I wanted to plant something to replace the bushes and I needed them to take root before the cold weather started.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Chris Orser Landscaping for $149 to dig out a tree. There were just two dead bushes.

11/07/2013

Thomas S.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that we purchased. They did a fine job. They did an excellent job in the correct amount of time. They responded promptly and we couldn't have been more satisfied. They were very nice. We paid them for 6 man hours. Two of them showed up and worked for 3 hours. They did a great job and they cleaned up. We would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
We used Chris Orser Landscaping for yard cleanup.

10/18/2013

Shannon L.

This is the second time we have used Chris Orser Landscaping, and the service was wonderful, just like it was the first time. A team of three workers came out to take down a dying tree in our backyard. They were all very professional and friendly. They were also very concerned with safety, not only for themselves but for my property as well. I watched them take down the tree and I have to admit, it was quite enjoyable to watch them work! They obviously knew exactly what they were doing. In the end, they cleaned up the property very well and left it looking as though they hadn't been there -- with the exception of the tree that had disappeared, of course. We have decided to continue using this company for all our landscaping needs in the future. ***UPDATE*** We were definitely going to use this company again, but when I called this spring for service, I was told that they will NOT come to Upper Bucks any longer (specifically, Upper Black Eddy). I'm not sure why this is suddenly too far to go, and the receptionist couldn't tell me -- suffice it to say I was VERY disappointed.

Description of Work
Removed a dying tree from our property.

Category tree service

09/27/2013

George B.

Great experience. They scheduled it right away. I told them I needed general cleanup, a small dead bush removed, some ivy/poisin ivy cleared, and they came and took care of it all, the ivy bed is cleared completely, and I am very happy with the results.

Description of Work
I bought a deal with this company for $149 for 4 hours of landsaping/yard cleanup.

09/25/2013

Steve F.

Excellent job performing all of the work we discussed when planning the 40 hours as purchased with the coupon special. Many of the planted items we decided to remove had been in the ground for 10+ years so we were concerned that removal would be difficult. The crew was very efficient as they worked their way through the landscaping - all of the removed plantings and trimmings were collected and hauled away at the end of the day and the beds restored to original condition with the new items. We are very happy with the installation of river rock to help with the flow of water away from the house in the beds - also appreciated Jim's suggestions for replacement plantings that we accepted and his team installed. All of this work was completed by the crew in a period of two long days! They were very committed to the agreed tasks and performed high quality work and clean-up / upgrades of the mulched areas.

Description of Work
Jim and his crew removed overgrown items from the landscaping in the front of the house; cleaned, weeded and edged all beds on the property, trimmed all shrubs and plantings in the beds, corrected drainage issues with the downspouts in the mulched areas, and planted new items recommended during our consultation. A new layer of mulch was spread after all items on the list were completed.

09/24/2013

Rich E.

Showed up as expected and completed job in a workmanlike manner

Description of Work
Trimmed shrubs

09/22/2013

Gary S.

I am six months pregnant. One of my joys has been taking care of our front and rear yard. Because of the baby, I have been unable to do so. After a 'clean up' mishap where my husband cut down all my plants and broke my heart he surprised me by calling Chris Orser landscaping to come out and clean up. My front looked barren and bare after being cut down. The back yard was just a wreck with our pool being over run by weeds. We called them on a Saturday, they came out that Monday. The morning started out chilly and raining, I thought that they would cancel, but sure enough they were there right on time. They were very polite and professional during the initial consultation. A few short hours later my front and back yards were completely transformed. They installed flowers in the front yard. It really warmed up and brightened the whole yard, which made me feel so much better about my other plants being cut down. Actually, I felt even better! They even re-worked the stones we had out front to compliment the flowers they put in so it looks like it had been that way all along. They pruned and cleaned up the plants that were left. But the back yard was the biggest transformation. They pulled every single weed around the pool and throughout the yard. There were so many I didn't really expect them to get them all. They cleared out some piles of old clipping and branches that we never got around to. They also sprayed the whole yard for weeds. They made sure they cleaned up every bit of mess. Every stray piece of weed or leaf was picked up. My husband bought one of the package deals offered by the company. Because of the severity of our yards 'neglect' we went over the hours included in the deal. We were slightly concerned about what the extra cost would be. However, upon receiving the bill we were so pleasantly surprised by the reasonableness of it. We have nothing but glowing praise for every aspect of this company and plan on using them in the future for any other needs that we have. I cannot express the relief I have at having a beautiful front and back yard again! Thank you so much!

Description of Work
Removed overgrown weeds, cleaned up existing piles of old weeds and plants, pruned the existing plants, planted flowers

09/19/2013

Shannon L.

We are very, very happy with the way the work turned out. They arrived early in the morning ready to work and got right to it. The property had been neglected for some time while it was on the market, so they had plenty of overgrown weeds to cut away. They were fast and efficient. Chris took the time to give me information about some of the plants around the house, as well as landscaping tips. We have already made plans to hire them again for further work. ***UPDATE*** We were definitely going to use this company again, but when I called this spring for service, I was told that they will NOT come to Upper Bucks any longer (specifically, Upper Black Eddy). I'm not sure why this is suddenly too far to go, and the receptionist couldn't tell me -- suffice it to say I was VERY disappointed.

Description of Work
Cleaned up the yard of our new home, including weedeating, pruning a few trees and cutting down overgrown areas.

09/16/2013

WILLIAM L.

I started with the Big Deal for a bunch of man hours to catch up on some weeding and bed clean-up but quickly expanded the scope of the work due to their quality, value, and professionalism. We are glad we did, the yard looks great. We also had a bunch of creeping ivy (creeping charlie) invaiding our yard. For a couple years we tried to treat it ourselves with moderate success but these guys came out inspected the yard, suggested a treatment (at a reasonable price), and came back hours later to apply the treatment. The weeds are gone and no signs of regrowth a month later. We will have them back.

Description of Work
Weeded/cleaned beds, trimmed bushes, applied weed killer.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

09/16/2013

Joe F.

My experience with them was very good. I had to pay about $500 more. They did a really good job. They did a lot for what I paid for.

Description of Work
I used Chris Orser Landscaping Inc for landscaping.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

09/10/2013

John M.

They came out and sprayed and killed all of my thistle in the front and back yards. I've been trying to get rid of that for years. They then came and picked all weeds in the front and back yards. They did a great job!

Description of Work
Sprayed and removed thistle. Picked weeds in front and back yard

09/10/2013

Patricia D.

He did a great job. They called right away. They came out and I ended up having a lot more work done. They even painted a deck for me and it really went well. It was a good introduction to their business. I liked their work so much, I ended up spending almost $1800 with them. They were very personalized. They had a good guy running the crew and everybody was courteous and clean. They showed up on time and got the job done. I think the price was excellent. I just had them come out and give me an estimate on some tree work.

Description of Work
I have used a Big Deal for Chris Orser Landscpaing. They weeded a huge garden that had really become overgrown. They put mulch down, they weeded around a pond, they power washed a deck and they painted a deck.

Category landscaping, mulch, deck cleaning, pressure washing

08/10/2013

Caroline F.

I was very pleased with the quality of the work. My yard was a mess. I had let the weeding go, and my shrubs badly needed trimming. I have a relatively small yard, and they were able to make it look well cared for with four man hours. They completed the work while I was at work, and I came home to a much better looking yard than the one I left. I gave them a B on punctuality only because they did not inform me they were going to be a day later than originally scheduled. When I did call them asking about the delay, they were very responsive. The fact they were a day late did not bother me. It was perfectly understandable. I can easily see that the weather may have contributed plus I imagine they received a number of requests from the special. Overall, I was very happy and would recommend the provider and use them again.

Description of Work
The provider weeded my garden and trimmed my shrubs and a small tree. It was a special through Angie's list for four hours of landscaping.

08/05/2013

Lori S.

The worker Chris sent was skilled and friendly. He worked hard and did a neat, professional job removing all the overgrowth from around my chain-link fence and the flowerbed. He suggested a couple of other small tasks that needed to be done around the yard, and I appreciated his initiative as well as his eye for making my yard look good. I would definitely hire Chris Orser's team again.

Description of Work
Removed vines, overgrowth from fence and flowerbed; trimmed a tree.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service