Checklist Handyman Services

Founded 2013 • With Angi since August 2014

428 Highland Ave.

Downingtown, PA 19335

Thank you for checking out my profile. Checklist Handyman is located in Downingtown PA, we work all over PA & DE. We are licensed and insured. You will get copies of the insurance and license during your free estimate. We give free estimates between 4-5pm daily or Saturday mornings. Checklist Handyman is a family owned business. We are very reliable and affordable. No job is too small. Please give us a call or send us an email to set up your free estimate. Thanks....

09/15/2019

Elizabeth N.

Checklist Handyman Services did a great job renovating our 35-year-old house's ugly bathroom in September of 2018. The original owner never renovated anything since 1984 and we have been waiting to update the largest bathroom for years. I found Jose's card at a YMCA and gave him a call. I found out it was easier to communicate with them via email or Facebook because he is really busy. His estimate was very fair and competitive. We finally got down to work and the project changed each day because this old house has some hidden problems. I knew that the cost may increase because of the unpredictable plumbing issues I was sure would arise. Jose was very flexible with changes and responded kindly to my questions and concerns. The final cost was reasonable and I think a great value. He is very personable and we were able to work together to sort out the hurdles. As the handywoman of our family, I appreciate any contractor who treats my concerns with respect. We ended up with a lovely bathroom with some really cool features that made our whole family happy. I have posted before during and after photos of our bathroom renovation. It has been a year since Jose renovated our bathroom and it is going strong. I need to replace the caulk around the tub, but nothing has failed, chipped or warped. I definitely would suggest Checklist Handyman Services for your renovation project especially if you need some creative solutions. He seems dedicated to making sure the customer's problems are solved.

Description of Work
Bathroom Renovation on 35 year old home

Category contractors, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, interior painters, drain cleaning

09/18/2017

Mark K.

I did receive a call back the next day to arrange a time for the estimate. I re-arranged my work schedule to accommodate the appointment, but the contractor never showed, and never called to say they would not be there. I waited a couple of days afterwards in case I would receive an explanation, but that hasn't happened. I hate writing bad reviews but in this case I feel it is warranted. I will update this if needed.

Description of Work
I called to arrange for an estimate for a small outside repair job at my house.

Category handyman service

Hello and thank you for the review. My name is Jose I am a one man crew. Fell off my ladder on Friday morning and never got back to you I am very sorry about that. Normally I am on top if everything but unfortunately I was In a lot of pain and it slipped my mind. thank you for getting back to me. The address listed above is not right. I have listed ( [Member Information Removed] Dr Downingtown Pa [Member Information Removed] ) Let me know if this is not right so I can change It in the system.

06/29/2017

Mike G.

Initially, Jose wasn't able to install in the time frame I needed, but when I expressed my willingness to be put on his waiting list, as well as an install at any time, he suggested a date. He followed through on time (within 5 days!), with a great attitude, and was extremely gracious and courteous. He finished the job and left without payment because I wasn't home. When I got home and checked his work, I noticed that the lock on the handle didn't turn. I immediately contacted him via text, and he was back on my front porch within 45 mins!! wow! what service! It was a minor glitch, quickly fixed, and off he went!! I would HIGHLY recommend Jose for ANY handyman job! (oh, by the way, he told me that because he's installed many a screen door, he always replaces the manufacturer's screws with much longer ones so they are better secured!! wow, again!!) So, please hire Jose for any Handyman job around the house, he won't disappoint!!

Description of Work
I contacted Jose after seeing the 'A' reviews on this site. I had never used Angie's List before, and was slightly skeptical. However, I gave it a try and contacted Jose via text. He was prompt, courteous and immediately willing to 'fit me in' to his schedule. I needed a screen door installed , replacing a bad one, on my front door.

04/25/2017

SEAN P.

Simply outstanding, a breath of fresh air! Jose and his crew are true professionals. I sent an email to ask for an estimate to replace several floodlights that are high (20+) feet on my house. Jose came by the next day, replaced the bulbs, and even offered to replace other bulbs on the house for no additional charge. He and his crew were extremely professional and courteous to my wife and he followed up to point out that one of the fixtures was going bad. When it finally did (he was right!) we called him back to replace it. Again, he showed up within a day or two (as promised), he replaced the fixture and bulbs, and we weren't even home. You can't go wrong. He communicates quickly, does the work promptly, is professional, friendly, courteous, and his prices are reasonable. I'd be happy with just some of those qualities in a contractor, but Jose exemplifies them all!

Description of Work
Exterior lighting replacement

10/26/2014

Michael B.

Communicating with Jose was a breeze. He was easy to get in touch with and promptly returned calls. For the estimate he showed up on time and was very professional. The estimate provided was for the improvements we wanted - he didn't try to upsell us. He listened to our concerns and offered specific, affordable solutions. After reviewing his estimate (and others) we decided to go with him. When scheduling a time for the work he was very flexible and worked around our busy schedule. Due to weather, we did have to reschedule our initial time, but he handled the situation extremely well and found another time that was convenient for us. On the day the work was performed he showed up promptly. Jose and his assistant worked quickly and professionally, completing the work in half a day (earlier than his estimate of one day). The work he did was excellent and exactly what we had requested. Our deck is now more stable and looks great with the addition of the new railing. After the job was done, he cleaned up the yard completely. In terms of pricing, the actual amount was exactly the same as the estimate. Overall, Checklist Handyman Services is an example of craftsmanship, skill, and integrity in business. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Jose made improvements to our deck. He added a cross beam for overall stability, he installed bridging to stabilize the railing, he replaced the railing, and replaced a rotted board.

Home Genius Exteriors

***NOW OFFERING VIRTUAL / NO-TOUCH INSPECTIONS AND ESTIMATES. We’re open for business! Home Genius Exteriors remains dedicated to our mission to give our customers A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE. Give our team of professionals a chance to WOW you with our hassle-free inspection process, transparent pricing, perfect communication and top-rated installations. We’re not just a sales and marketing company like some of our competitors, we stand behind every project we do with a warranty you can trust! We are home improvement experts and can be your one-stop-shop solution! Home Genius also offers some of the most FLEXIBLE payment plans in the industry. Give us a chance and we’ll do everything we can to earn the right to become your CONTRACTOR FOR LIFE.

Offers by Home Genius Exteriors on Angi
    Zoom Drain

Here at Zoom Drain, we are best known for fast response times and our ability to provide focused solutions to drain & sewer problems. From sinks, toilets and tubs to main lines and sewers, our team of drain & sewer professionals are ready to provide you with fast, expert services.

Golden Rule Plumbing & Contracting, LLC

Golden Rule Plumbing & Contracting, LLC, lives by the golden rule. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality dependable service at affordable prices for all of your plumbing & home improvement needs; always on time & on budget. We take great pride in exceeding your every expectation. We take care of all of your plumbing needs large & small, from complete plumbing for new construction, additions, & remodels, to all faucets, fixtures, pipes, hot water heaters, drain cleaning, sump pumps, water & sewer mains & more! We treat all of our customers the way we would like to be treated, with honest, reliable, personalized service at affordable prices.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    5.00

Checklist Handyman can help check off lots of items on your to do list! We have tons of references ready for you to call. We can help with fencing (we obtain permits), deck repairs, light fixtures, minor plumbing, flooring, bathroom remodels, door installations, appliance installation, junk removal, drywall repairs, hanging art/shelves etc and so much more.

Major plumbing, major electrical & roofing