Bill Mullen Electric

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2011

409 Mercer Dr

Downingtown, PA 19335

Bill Mullen Electric is family owned and operated. Bill Sr. stared this business over 25 years ago in 1986. Bill Jr. decided to branch out to Angie's List two years ago. In 2012 Bill Mullen Electric was Angie's List Contractor of the year and 2013 Super Service Award Winner in four categories. From decorative lighting to generator installs, we can handle all your electrical needs....

09/01/2020

LAWRENCE W.

We hired Bill Mullen Electric to remove the knob and tube from our historic home, as well as a few other jobs like adding outlets etc. They were one of the best contracting experiences I have ever had and can not recommend them enough. They were professional, courteous, responsive, timely and did great work with wonderful attention to detail. The K&T job was done with care and minimal creation of holes in the wall, and they patched also! Excellent work overall and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Knob and Tube removal

05/16/2020

Holly B.

Bill, Sr. and Paul came to my home on 05/19/2020 to do a wellness check because of some concerns I had, and the fact that these condominiums are over 30 years old. They inspected all accessible light switches, outlets and the electrical panel, and replaced two outlets. Later that night, unrelated to the wellness check, I lost power in my 2nd floor. Bill, Jr. came at 8:45 pm that night and stayed until 10:30 pm when he finally discovered the problem. He explained the problem and my options; he did not try to talk me into doing anything that wasn't necessary (!). Bill, Jr. came back the next morning and spent 4 hours doing extensive re-working of the electrical panel, bringing it up to code. All three were friendly, professional and respectful of my home. They took the necessary precautions needed due to COVID-19. I much feel safer in my home, and I now have trustworthy electricians should I need them for other work or have an emergency. I highly recommend Bill Mullen Electric!!!

Description of Work
Initially a wellness check, but then electrical panel work

03/11/2020

John L.

We have used Bill Mullen Electric twice since moving into our new townhouse in Kennett Square two months ago. They installed pendant lights above our kitchen island, replaced and repositioned a chandelier for the dining room, and replaced bathroom lights. We are very happy with their work, and highly recommend them. They are punctual, do high quality work, and clean up nicely after they are finished. We will be using them again.

Description of Work
Installed new lighting

07/29/2019

Mary T.

He was very professional and clean. Completed the job promptly.

Description of Work
Needed the wiring for a new attic fan hooked up

03/15/2019

Nikos B.

Mike, Matt and Mike came to our home recently to complete some electrical work. They were all very professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and honest. They completed the work in a timely manner. The pricing was reasonable, and they left everything as clean as when they arrived. Their work met our expectation of a high standard of quality. It was a pleasure having them in our home and would strongly recommend using this company for any electrical needs. We look forward to continue using this company for more work in the future.

Description of Work
We put several dimmer switches and outlets repaired/ replaced.

Category electrician

Thank you so much for your feedback!!! We really appreciate it!!

03/12/2019

Keith M.

Everything went great. Bill was able to get me scheduled for an installation at 9am the morning after he and I spoke. The techs on-site were professional and respectful as they wouldn't come into the house without their shoe-covers. They worked quickly and the outcome of the work is excellent.

Description of Work
Nest Cam IQ Outdoor installation

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the feedback!!! We love it! Bill

08/27/2018

Kim J.

Mike the Electrician was very professional, neat and honest about what will be performed to complete our request. He made sure we understood what was taking place during the service call. Mike made sure he kept the work areas clean and it shows he truly enjoys his job. I learned a lot and was able to understand his terminology. Great Job Mike and thank you for your help.

Description of Work
Needed to have an outlet installed under my kitchen counter to have the ability to plug in my dishwasher. In addition, I need to have a power source installed in the ceiling of a bedroom for a either a light and/or ceiling fan installed.

[Member Name Removed], Your the best! Bill

08/07/2018

David C.

Excellently! Prompt, effective courteous, fair.

Description of Work
Installed light and fixed two lights that were not working

Category electrician,lighting

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!!

05/03/2018

vicki M.

Great! Professional and installed fan as requested.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation

12/29/2017

Beatriz A.

Bill and his crew are hard working, professional, and dedicated. I am so pleased with the work they did on our house. It was a BIG job - they had to rewire our entire house AND add new outlets, lights, cables, etc. Bill was super responsive, respectful, and flexible throughout the whole process. We even ended up adding a few items to the scope of work. I am impressed with the quality and speed of the work they did. It was a pleasure to work with him. I even had him come back a few months later to add a few more outlets. He's definitely going to be our go-to electrician from now on. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Remove knob and tube wiring, new electrical system, install new outlets and lights, upgrade to 200 amp service, mount TV, new wired smoke detectors, etc

Category electrician,lighting,cable tv service

Thank you very much!! It was our pleasure to help =)

12/23/2017

Sean M.

Bill and his assistant showed up promptly at the agreed upon time and got right to work. They were professional and more than willing to help move the necessary items so they had room to work, as well as put everything back and clean up before they left. The 6 recessed lights were installed in about 4 hours and they look great.

Description of Work
Recessed Lighting

Category electrician,lighting

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the positive feedback!!! Enjoy the holidays!! Bill

12/18/2017

James W.

Good, fairly priced, friendly, prompt. Would use again.

Description of Work
Generator Maintanance

Category electrician,generator service

Thank you for your positive feedback!

11/27/2017

Ed W.

Perfectly fine. work was done in a day.

Description of Work
Added a new electrical box to have more room for a new HVAC system

Category electrician

Thanks for your review!!!

10/31/2017

Suzanne S.

We had Bill and his team out in 2012 to upgrade our electric to 200 service. The job was done quickly and professionally. This month (Oct 2017) we ran into some electrical issues during the sale of our home. They came out and handled repairs as well as a few other miscellaneous issues for us free of charge. We were very happy both times we had Bill and his team out, and he was extremely helpful with issues during the sale of our home. Looking forward to working with them again in the future!

Description of Work
Upgrade to 200 service and misc other

Category electrician

Thank you! Looking forward to helping out in any future projects as well =)

10/25/2017

Jerome J.

Took old fan out put new fan in, no problems.

Description of Work
Replace ceiling fan

Thank you!!!

10/09/2017

Tyrone T.

Purchased the deal through Angie's List, and contacted the company numerous times (via email and phone) to setup an appointment. After 2-3 weeks and no response to call or emails, I requested and received a full refund from Angie's List.

Description of Work
Wire wall sconce lights and replace wall sockets.

Category electrician,lighting

Very sorry about this [Member Name Removed], we will look into this issue. Thank you

10/09/2017

Mary Jane J.

well, Jayden and David were very professional but it seemed to take a long time. But the end result was positive.

Description of Work
replace kitchen light

Category electrician

Thank you for your feedback!!!

08/30/2017

CJ S.

Bill came out and was very professional. He explained everything to me thoroughly and got back to me with and estimate in a timely manner. While I ended up going with someone else I would I recommend Bill.

Description of Work
I needed some knob and tube wiring handled and also wanted some new outlets and light fixtures installed.

Category electrician

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for your next electrical need =) ~Bill M.

08/29/2017

Marcia R.

service was promptly and professionally performed on the day requested otherwisw i would have been left with out light Most appreciative of the quick response in an urgent situation

Description of Work
replacement of kitchen ceiling light

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We're here to help :) ~Bill M.

08/28/2017

Robert M.

Took two attempts to install. Took extended time to install wall switch wiring (first guy couldn't get it right, second guy on second visit hooked it up properly). On first attempt to install, hung fan with a wall-board screw. They required me to order a replacement remote control, but not sure the original was defective. Had same problem with second remote until it was figured out how to operate the remote. No big deal but had to fix wobble (properly secure fan to ceiling joist) myself with attic schims and do minor repair of ceiling around their install work. Very nice people, they really tried their best.

Description of Work
Ceiling Fan install.

08/16/2017

Sam W.

They did a exceptional job and cleaned up after themselves. This experience lead me to call them again for a second job which wasn't a good experience. They need to work on punctuality and scheduling.

Description of Work
He did recess light installation

Category electrician

Thanks for your review [Member Name Removed]! We apologize for the scheduling issue and will work on that. We hope you will consider us for your next electrical need :) ~Bill M.

08/15/2017

tricia L.

Fantastic! Bill led his team and performed a full days work upgrading my service. He communicated effectively and quickly and always updated me if there was a change in the schedule (slight time changes). It was a pleasure to work with him and would hire again.

Description of Work
200 amp service upgrade

Category electrician

[Member Name Removed], You are so nice. It was great working with you!!!! Hopefully I'll see you on the soccer field!!! Thanks again. Bill

08/14/2017

Yixin G.

During the three weeks after I bought the deal. No one ever contacted me. I called Bill Mullen Electric. I was told someone with get back to me to set up an appointment. But I never heard from them. So I called Angie's list and got my money back.

Description of Work
I bought a big deal on installing 6 recessed light.

08/01/2017

Sam W.

I paid for the two hours of time labor in mid July never got a response back until first week of August stating I would receive a call the next day. Yep Never got a call the next day had to request a refund from Angie list. I left about 10 plus messages with the answering service with no response. Sadly i think they do great work however before paying for any offer make sure you call and speak to someone who works for the company and not the answering service.

Description of Work
General Electric needs.

Category electrician

Hi again! Sorry for you negative experience on this one! We will make sure everyone is helped promptly by phone/email. Please don't hesitate to email us as well to contact us. Thank you [Member Name Removed]! ~Bill M.

07/27/2017

donna P.

Very well. Bill provided a quote that was far below 3 other well regarded contractors. Not only did he come in at a great price ( he was $5k below everyone else), but the final charges were $75 below his estimate. He didn't have to do that. I would have never known it was below estimate. Very honest guy, good people skills, he arrives on time and his crew is professional, courteous, competent and well groomed, For sure hire this guy and don't think twice.

Description of Work
total knob and tube removal and house rewiring.

Category electrician

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!! Glad we could help and hope to again if you ever need electrical services =) ~Bill M.

Monyer Electric, LLC

Having a home backup generator something that can truly bring you piece of mind when a power outage happens. Monyer Electric has been providing automatic backup generator services to the residents of Southeast PA since 2006. We offer a wide variety of Generac automatic standby generators and we will help you from start to finish in finding the perfect home backup generator that will fit your specific needs. Depending on what you are looking for, we offer propane backup generators and natural gas backup generators. Whether you are looking to purchase a standby generator for your home or business or possibly both, you can be rest assured that you will have a durable and extremely reliable working backup generator. Our team here at Monyer Electric is made up of certified specialists that are factory trained and certified to work on all Generac products. From installation to maintenance and repair we are here to help you with all of your backup generator needs. If you are undecided on what kind of automatic backup generator you need we are here to help you find the perfect backup generator and make sure you are completely satisfied with your selection. We can help break down the difference in all of the backup generators we offer to help you better come to a decision. We will also provide a free interactive presentation of what your home will look like once you have selected a home backup generator and we will be able to provide you with a professional, customized, installed price instantly. Please give us a call at (610) 678-6653 so we can answer any questions you may have and get started today on finding the perfect backup generator for you! EXCLUSIVE TO ANGIE'S LIST MEMBERS: CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE A FREE ESTIMATE AND RECIEVE A SPECIAL PROMOTION FROM YOUR CONSULTANT!

Sila Heating, Cooling and Plumbing

We’re Open and Committed to You: Since 1989, Sila has been proud to serve you and our community. As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, we wanted to respectfully reach out to you. We are here if you need us. We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis and taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities. Your health, our employees’ health and the health of our community is of utmost concern. * We are conducting daily briefings and ensuring enhanced operating protocols are followed in every home we have the pleasure to serve. * All technicians and comfort advisors are equipped with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes, along with protective equipment (gloves, booties, etc.) for increased precaution before entering your home. * We are asking our customers to notify us if they’re feeling ill or have been in contact with anyone exposed so we can take precautions. * We have taken measures in all Sila offices such as flexible work from home and paid time off policies. Your comfort is our priority. We’re committed to safely assisting our customers with the prompt and dependable service you’ve come to expect for over 30 years. Our hearts are with those who have been affected by this extraordinary situation. It is truly our pleasure to serve you and we’re ready when you need us. Stay safe and healthy, Lou Pellegrini CEO

Offers by Sila Heating, Cooling and Plumbing on Angi
    Procare Property Services

Procare Property Services is a professional team of property maintenance experts. Procare Property Services provides landscape maintenance, landscape lighting, hardlandscaping landscape design and installation, pressure washing and commercial snow and ice management. Please call today for a consultation,satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.

Offers by Procare Property Services on Angi
    General Remodeling
    PA121455
    Pennsylvania
    Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
    01/24/2024
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Main focus is generators, electrical panel upgrades and house re-wires.