Wade Heating & Cooling Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since February 2004

Wade Heating and Cooling, Inc is one of Pittsburgh Metro's leading residential and commercial HVAC contractors with the ability to handle all of your needs. We are a Carrier Dealer and are among one of the few to have received the Carrier Distinguished Dealer Award....

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

HVAC Companies (148)air duct cleaning (6)

12/29/2021

John D.

I had a 30 year old furnace on its last legs. Given I am someone who always does a lot of research before moving forward, I did some online research and besides the company that had been servicing my existing HVAC equipment giving me a quote, I contacted 5 other companies for bids on a new furnace and AC system. In my research, I read that the quality of the install is just as or more important than the brand of the equipment. And I definitely noticed a difference in the knowledge and expertise each company presented when I met with their company sales rep / estimators. I ended up with 7 quotes (one company quoted two different brands) but two reps really stood out from the rest with their knowledge. One was Lonnie Auten with Wade Heating & Cooling. Lonnie and a Trane rep were the only two who took the time to do calculations to ensure the system was properly sized (the others just looked at the size I was replacing and asked if I was happy with how it kept the temperature). Lonnie and the other gentleman were also the only two to notice a couple issues with the way our old company had installed a humidifier. In fact, even though I just had the furnace serviced a week prior and mentioned the humidifier was leaking – the old service tech did not fix it. Lonnie saw it was leaking, went out and grabbed a tool from his car and tried to figure out the issue to stop the leak. He discovered a slight crack in a supply hose and said he could have his techs fix it if they did the install (in the end I had them replace the entire humidifier). Lonnie and the other gentlemen were also the only two to talk about federal tax credits and to ensure the whole system was AHRI matched to qualify for those tax credits. They both took the time to answer all my questions I ended up with 2 quotes on Carrier, 2 on Bryant, 2 on Trane and 1 on Lennox equipment. While not the cheapest quote, the quotes provided by Lonnie and the one Trane rep were pretty competitive. I actually had a lower quote from another Carrier dealer, but I just felt much more comfortable that Wade would provide a higher level of installation and service so chose to move forward with them. My installation took place over two days and the two installers, Scott and Brandon were very professional, on time and did a great job. They asked me if I had any questions up front, told me what they would be doing that day, and kept me apprised calling me down when needed to ensure I was ok with a few placement decisions they had to make. They cleaned up everything, walked my wife and I through how to operate everything and made sure I was satisfied. Based on my experience, I would definitely recommend Wade to others. In fact, based on my interactions with Lonnie and before my install was done, I gave my daughter and her fiancé Wade’s name and number as they needed a pressure relief valve on a heating boiler in the house they just bought replaced and were not having any luck finding someone to service it in a timely manner. Wade was able to come out, order the part and plans to install it for them next week. Very happy with my experience.

Description of Work
New Furnace and AC installed

Work Completed On 12/15/2021

05/06/2020

Justin M.

Had wade install a Mitsubishi Mini Split with 4 ceiling units on the 2nd floor to assist with heating and cooling issues. The whole process was easy from beginning to end with very clear and quick communication. Also had them repair an existing system at the same time that was quick, hassle free and got me fixed up properly. I want to especially thank Lonnie, Mr Wade and the Installers for their expertise and professionalism along the way. I am extremely satisfied with the Mitsubishi units that were installed and would highly recommend their services!!!

Description of Work
Mini Split Install

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

09/30/2019

Arthur H.

This is about the sixth year we have used Wade Heating for our furnace and A/C work. We found Wade Heating to be very honest and reliable. We always buy their annual furnace and A/C agreement to avoid mid-season surprises. Wade's technicians have always been courteous and informative. The last two times we got a Tech named Dylen. The first time Dylen came was by coincidence as Wade Heating assigned him the job. However, Dylen was so exceptional we asked for him by name this time. As alwyas he was courteous, informative and very personable. When he is done with the service call we always feel satisfied that everything was done correctly. Hopefully Dylen will be available next spring when the A/C needs done.

Description of Work
Annual furnace check-up

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

09/23/2019

Matt M.

Job Overview: Installed AC unit in house attic to cool the upstairs unit (2nd floor) of a duplex. Overall Feedback: This is the second time I have used Wade Heating and Cooling and will continue to use them in the future. Felt like they treated me as part of the “Wade” family. Felt very comfortable with the process from beginning to end which was awesome since this being such a large financial investment. Crew Feedback: If you get the opportunity to choose your crew I would highly recommend Brian and Russ as installers for the job. This is the second time I had Brian as the main installer and he is absolutely terrific. Very detailed and takes the time to walk you through what they are planning to do to ensure you are comfortable and then execute based on your preferences (if they might be slightly different). This was my first time with Russ but he was very professional as well and thought he did a great job as well. Product Feedback: Wade is a “certified installer” of Carrier product and although more expensive than getting a Rheem/Rhud system I have enjoyed the quality and conditioning power of a Carrier system.

Description of Work
A/C Installation

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

04/17/2019

Bob C.

From the very beginning, Lonnie in sales provided me with a first class presentation and quote. The installation was scheduled and Steve, Dalton and Bob were on time and the job was completed in a timely fashion. The work was performed in a professional manner and they took the time to answer any questions i had. I might recommend Wade Heating and Cooling for all your HVAC needs

Description of Work
New carrier 2 stage heating and cooling system

Work Completed On 04/16/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words and for your business. Should you need anything at all please give us a call. [Member Name Removed] Wade

11/11/2018

Daniell B.

We called for a service call. They literally came within 2 hours of the call. Andy was thorough, he cleaned a few things and got our furnace running in a few minutes. Our furnace is very old but he never tried to sell us on something we didn’t need because his evaluation let him know he could fix it. We have been using Wade for over 20 years and love that no matter which person comes to the house the are always trustworthy.

Description of Work
Our furnace was working intermittently.

Work Completed On 11/06/2018

09/30/2018

Judy O.

They scheduled a time to come to our home to give us an estimate of work we wanted done, but never showed or called to cancel or reschedule.

Description of Work
Heat pump install new

Work Completed On 09/30/2018

Thank you for taking the time to talk with our Vice President on Monday morning. We apologize for having missed your appointment for an estimate last month. It seems that we took your information, but failed to set the appointment in our schedule. Because of that, we missed your appointment. We understand that you had set time out of your schedule for us to meet you, and we failed to show. That is not acceptable. We greatly appreciate your willingness to meet with us some time after October 22nd which is when you have asked us to call and follow up with you. We look forward to making this right. Again, our sincere apologies.

08/20/2018

Pat F.

John at Wade, Pat & I cannot thank you & the fantastic Wade team for the extra quick & professional AC installation!! One rarely, if ever, sees this high level of Customer- care and attention anymore. We so very much appreciate that you went out of your way to help us; 3 weeks without AC had been tough. You folks are the very best. We plan on recommending Wade to All our friends & neighborhood. We’ll be looking for your service plan— from a top notch company we can TRUST!!!! Thanks Rick & Pat

Description of Work
Replace air conditioner

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

08/14/2018

JOHN V.

Great. The crew arrived on time and did an excellent job on the installation. There was minimum holes in the walls and they cleaned up everything before leaving. We are now able to utilize our attic as a fourth bedroom. Great job.

Description of Work
Installation of a Heating and Cooling unit for our 3rd floor

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

06/06/2018

Judith D.

It was a wonderful experience. They arrived within 2 hours of my call. Very efficient workers and they cleaned up so you would not know they were here. Could not have been more pleased.

Description of Work
New Air conditioning unit.

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

Thank you for the kind words [Member Name Removed] and the Great Review! Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Bob Wade

04/19/2018

vicky T.

Everything went good. I had no problems. The workers were nice, hard working and left no mess.

Description of Work
Central Air

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

02/23/2018

Joseph H.

I have dealt with Wade since 2006. in 2017 I had them replace a heating and cooling system. They are very knowledgeable, technicians / installers are great to work with. Their pricing is very fair and there service is reliable.

Description of Work
New Gothermo System

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, Uncategorized

Work Completed On 04/27/2017

02/21/2018

Janet D.

excellent knowledgeable professional and friendly very happy with salesman and technicians very respectable

Description of Work
new furnace,air conditioner air cleaner and humidifier installed

Work Completed On 02/21/2018

02/07/2018

Beth M.

Great! We are now on a maintenance program with Wade so we don't fall behind again. The man was pleasant and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Our furnace had not had a check up in years. The air filter was in bad shape and didn't seem to fit right

Work Completed On 02/07/2018

12/19/2017

DEBRA B.

I met with 2 or 3 reputable companies in addition to Wade prior to selecting Carrier and Wade for the job. The choice was an easy one. It began with Lonnie, Wade's sales rep. There was no pressure or hype with Lonnie. His communication skills are excellent. Over the course of our discussions, Lonnie prepared several revised proposals at my request as I honed in on what I wanted. Unlike any of the other bidders, Lonnie's proposals were very detailed with costs broken out for various components of the job. I knew exactly what I was buying, both in terms of equipment and services. Lonnie worked with me to reach a fair price. At my request, Lonnie coordinated directly with Air Duct Maintenance so the ducts were cleaned the day prior to the removal of the old furnace and installation of the new. The actual installation was done by Wade installer Ryan, with assistance from Dillon. You will not find a more professional or competent installer than Ryan. During the 2 days that he and Dillon were here, I happened to be working on a project on the same floor as the furnace. In those 2 days, I actually can't recall Ryan ever having a conversation about any topic other than my installation. He was laser focused on my installation. As part of his job, Dillon installed a new pad for the AC compressor. Every aspect of the job was done carefully and neatly. Following the installation, Ryan walked me through use of the new thermostat. He took his time, did not rush me through it and made sure I was satisfied. Finally, every one I have spoken with over the phone at Wade HQ has been friendly, accommodating and followed through when they said they would. If you are replacing your heating and cooling system, I would encourage you to consider Wade H&C. I'm glad I did.

Description of Work
Wade Heating & Cooling replaced 30-year old gas furnace and A/C with a Carrier Performance 96 furnace and Performance 24 AC with Cor 7c Digital Wi-Fi Thermostat.

Work Completed On 12/19/2017

10/05/2017

Garland D.

10.4.2017 When John came to my home to check over my old furnace and air conditioner, he took his time, carefully scrutinizing the entire system and stating several improvements that all the other heating and cooling providers missed. Heating and cooling is not my business and I am no mechanic, but he took his time, explaining things to me in a way I could understand. He checked the connections of the AC and furnace to the fuse box, explaining to me that there was a need for connection updates and why. He noticed sun damage to the outside wires going to the AC, stating that the AC was actually hooked up with connections meant for inside of the house, plus the connectors need a covering to go through to keep them safe from grass trimmers. He also noted how the humidifier was just fine, but the problem was that it was not hooked up correctly and thereby not functioning. Also the humidifier was on the water heater’s cold water heating and gave his men orders to change it to the warm water tubing, with a better valve. While there at the water heater, John noticed another thing that no other service man coming through from other companies had noticed – the carbon monoxide pipe was not attached into the chimney, not even touching the wall! He had short me to stand up on a chair so I could see what he could see and he was right! There was no way that the CO pipe was reaching the tera cotta lining of the chimney; it was not even reaching the brick wall! He jammed the pipe into the hole leading to the chimney and stated that his guys would be there with a chimney liner so no CO would leak through the mortar. He showed me various system options and what they would do. John priced each component, giving a total price for each system. While other competitors included a new humidifier, John did not because he stated it was hardly used at all because of the poor attachment, so I saved money there. Considering without the important extras, he underpriced both Bryant and other Carrier dealers offering the same systems. Brian and Andy came promptly two days in a row to do all that John had written in his report to them, putting in a wonderful heating and cooling system, plus the needed extras John found. Brian and Andy were so very friendly and were very personable, as I shared my personal stories, so did they, as they continued to work hard. They always had time for my questions, telling me that I was not in the way, and pointing out exactly what they were doing and why it was being done. During those two days they were so very particular about the furnace and AC installation. The first day they did not even stop for lunch, but just made a grab for a quick nibble so they could get most of the job done that day, so that I could have furnace heat that night. The following day they completed the AC complete with a sound resistant pad. Then they climbed up onto the roof, installing the new chimney liner to attach to the water heater carbon monoxide pipe. They were so nice and kind and excellent, knowledgeable workers that I was completely at ease with their competency. Also, they were wonderful educators, making sure that I understood my new system and that I had the office number if I had any questions at all. I am a COMPLETELY SATISFIED customer!! Garland

Description of Work
10.4.2017 My 30 year old furnace quit, so I decided to replace it and the working 25 year old air conditioner.

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

08/05/2017

Paul B.

Actually it was a pretty reasonable cost for what they did. They did fine. They had no problems. Instead of having to replace our whole unit, they were able just to replace the outside unit because it's deprecated because of the freon change, so they had one, they bought some and saved us like $2000. The cost was right in line with where it should be. No complaints here. Basically they came in, did the job they were supposed to at a reasonable price, and haven't had a problem since. They showed up. That's a miracle any more. Punctuality was very good. Pretty much they showed up, did the job. They were here just as long as they needed to be and be gone. The guy was polite, professional, took care of everything, explained some stuff to us and he was gone.

Description of Work
Our air conditioner went out and we had to replace it.

Work Completed On 08/05/2014

07/12/2017

Tricia L.

Very smoothly. Guys were great! Lonny not pushy but gave me what I was looking for.

Description of Work
AC. Heating

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

Review for Wade Heating & Cooling Inc - 203 Hirshinger Rd, Coraopolis, PA - 35543562

Thank you for your comments!

07/06/2017

George K.

Bob Wade wants customers to finance his seven series bimmer. $125 a pound for R-22 refrigerant, that's criminal!

Description of Work
Had pre-season A/C check

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], We understand that you feel the price for refrigerant replacement (R-22) for your 18 year old Goodman system was high. While you feel that price per pound was "criminal," allow us the opportunity to educate you. In a response to a questions on her website, Angie Hicks, the founder of Angie's List wrote the following on June 4, 2015 which was two years ago: "Dear Angie: My air conditioning contractor just charged me $100 per pound for R-22 refrigerant. This is a lot more than I paid four years ago. What is the fair price for R-22 these days? - Albert M., West Babylon, New York. Dear Albert: Prices for R-22 refrigerant have definitely risen over the past few years. "Freon" is a commonly know brand of refrigerant, though it is not a descriptive or generic term. Companies have quoted prices ranging from $35 to $175 per pound for R-22. That comes with a caveat, though. For example, one Long Island-area company representative I spoke with said he charges $35 per pound, but that does not include the cost of a service charge. Most companies seem to charge about $115 for the labor portion. So, if your contractor charged you $100 to replenish one pound and that included the labor, then it sounds like you got a pretty good deal. here's why: About 25 years ago, the EPA ordered the phasing out of R-22 as part of the international treaty protecting the ozone layer call the "Montreal Protocol," because of the refrigerant's ozone-depleting substances. As part of the agreement, production ended in 2010 for new air conditioning units "charged" with R-22 and production of the refrigerant itself was reduced by 75 percent. As of 2015, R-22 production has dropped by 90 percent. By 2020, it will no longer be produced at all. Because production is limited, costs to charge existing units that are leaking R-22 refrigerant have gone up and are only expected to rise." You can research and verify this by Google searching "what is a fair price for R-22 refrigerant." Again, this article was written two years ago, and the price for R-22 refrigerant has only increased sharply each year since. If you care to do any research, you will find that our price is right around the average. We hope that you now have a better understanding of the costs of this refrigerant, and now realize that your comment was unfair and misguided. If you have any further questions and wish to discuss this in a professional manner, please feel free to contact us at our office. We wish you well with your future HVAC needs.

07/06/2017

George K.

Bob Wade charged us $125 a pound for R22 refrigerant. This is ridiculous! His customers are paying for his 7 series BMW!

Description of Work
Charge and find leak in R22 Condenser

Work Completed On 07/06/2017

07/05/2017

Philip C.

They are not cheap, they're not low cost; they're a little pricey. They do good work. Usually, they are in and out; it never takes more than 2 hours to complete the work.

Description of Work
I have one of those repair plans where they come out twice a year; once for the heater and once for the air conditioner. He changed the filter. They do whatever it takes.

Work Completed On 05/24/2017

Thank you Sir!

06/12/2017

Michael B.

Top notch. The gentlemen who did the work was named Paris. He was professional, polite and did a great job.

Description of Work
They were there for 15-20 minutes and fixed my ac within 30 minutes.

Work Completed On 06/10/2017