Keystone Foundation Repair Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since July 2008

433 Zion Rd

Carlisle, PA 17015

Keystone Foundation Repair, Inc. have served residential and commercial customers throughout Maryland and Pennsylvania with high quality foundation repair for over 20 years. Call the leader in the Mid Atlantic region for dependable service in Harrisburg, York, Carlisle, Hagerstown, West Chester PA,

01/20/2023

Eileen M.

Bob & Dwayne did an excellent job at securing and re-establishing our footing and foundational structure. They were very professional and meticulous at their work, allowing us to observe and take pictures of the entire procedure which elevated our confidence level in the supporting helical piles process. In addition they were very responsive to our questions, concerns and needs. We highly recommend this Company and these two employees.

Description of Work
They drove helical piles down to solid ground which was as deep as 21 feet. Then topped them & secured them by pouring concrete around them & finished with a 2 X 27’ concrete footer. They were detailed in every aspect of this job & left our foundation not only secure, but cleaned up thoroughly leaving our building & surrounding area clesn.

10/27/2022

Jim S.

excellent Very professional and explained the entire process. After the work was completed, the basement was cleaner than when he started. Highly recommend John Ryan

Description of Work
crack repair and waterproofing

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

11/30/2021

Melissa M.

Jeff came and performed the inspection of the crack and moisture concerns I had with my basement. I highly recommend this company due to the honesty and values of its employees. It would be easy for a company to try and “sell” its services to a homeowner, but Jeff was honest in his evaluation that the cracks I am seeing at this time are not unusual for the age of my house and just require monitoring at this time, letting me know to contact them in the future if they reach a certain size or if I notice any movement in the walls. He also gave me some feedback on things I can do to try and address my moisture concerns before needing to address further waterproofing measures. It’s refreshing to deal with a company with ethics such as this, and I will recommend them to anyone looking for evaluation of similar concerns in their own home. I plan to continue using them as a resource if I need jobs completed in their areas of expertise in the future.

Description of Work
Evaluation of foundation cracks and moisture concerns

05/26/2020

Tim B.

Mike, came out and gave me advice on a horizontal crack on the exterior of my garage, a sagging subfloor and questions about encapsulating my crawlspace. He gave me knowledgable anwsers, and I never felt like he was trying to upsale me on a solution. I've had some bad experiances with professional contractors, but Keystone Foundation Repair is legit nice people and I will use them again in a heart beat. What a great experiance with Mike, Thanks!

Description of Work
Encapsulate Crawlspace

08/21/2019

Barbara T.

The crew that did the work was excellent. They were on time everyday, very courteous and conscientious about protecting the landscaping, and did an outstanding job. They consulted with us at critical times during the work. They found that one of the main supports for the addition showed some evidence of rotting and they made the needed repairs. We had called several other companies to do the work, none of whom seemed to know how to fix the mistakes made by the original contractor. The Keystone associate that came out to propose the work and provide the estimate was knowledgable and able to give us several potential solutions. We were very happy with the work and would hire Keystone again.

Description of Work
Previous contractors had done a poor job of putting an addition on our house. We needed concrete block installed and waterproofed around the foundation of the addition.

07/24/2018

Kellie T.

Very responsive which was great. All the other foundation repair and engineering companies were so busy they didn't even call us back. The repair guys were on time and courteous. Did need them to come back to do some additional sealing which wasn't done the first time. That was painful because of time off work, etc. but overall, we were pleased. The excessive rain lately has proven their repair job was done right. No more leak. A bit pricey, but we had no other estimates for comparison.

Description of Work
basement foundation crack with leaking

03/12/2018

Lisa M.

Beware the "bait & switch" estimate. Once you sign their open ended estimate, you are contracted with them no matter the amount they bill you in the end. I contacted Keystone to raise the front porch of my home which consisted of a 15'X6' concrete slab that was sinking. They sent out their representative (Mike) to provide an estimate. After doing nothing more than eyeballing our front porch I was told several times and assured by Mike it would only take a yard of their "mudjacking" material to raise our porch. So I signed an estimate for $1200 for their labor and one yard of material with a clause that I would be charged $800 for each additional yard of material (I was told it's just standard to add that clause but not to worry because I would only need one yard). By the time they left my home on the day of service I was billed for $3400 and the porch hadn't been raised even an inch. In the end I was forced to contact another company and pay an additional $1600 to get the job completed. The company that completed the job said the materials that were pumped under the porch initially (from A1 Concrete Leveling) were substandard. I was then taken to court by A1 because I argued their estimate, billing tactics and the fact that they did absolutely nothing to resolve my issue. However, because I signed their "bait and switch" estimate, I was legally obligated to pay them for a job they didn't even come close to completing. Please learn from my mistake with this company.

Description of Work
Raise front porch concrete slab

01/15/2018

Jennifer C.

The sidewalk repair went great. They were able to raise the slab land level it with no issues.

Description of Work
The sidewalk at our house had sunk about four inches. We needed it raised back up and leveled.

09/04/2017

Donald S.

They arrived on time and proceeded quickly to apply carbon strips and excavate along the front wall. Rain the 2nd day hindered and eventually halted outside excavation. Work continued on the inside. 3rd day was also wet and work stopped about lunchtime. Did not work 4th day. Completed work on the 5th day. Applied waterproofing membrane and 1" thick insulation to front wall under wet conditions. It wasn't effective at first but seems to be working now in keeping out the water. I complained about not repointing the joints as per contract and they did return to do that. They projected it would take 3 days to complete the project. It took closer to 4 days and I had the impression that they were in a hurry to finish up as fast as possible in order to get to the next job. I realized that the rainy conditions at that time hindered their performance and the front concrete stoop was more difficult to remove than they anticipated, but that wasn't my fault. Still after 3 ¾ years, the walls have stabilized and I believe I won't have any more problems. Overall the foreman on the job seemed to know what he was doing and worked very efficiently. The work also included a lifetime transferable waranty.

Description of Work
3 Foundation walls needed to be reinforced. One wall (front) needed to be excavated to the footer with cement grout and rebars installed in the concrete block cores. The other two walls were reinforced with carbon fiber strips approximately 4 ft. apart

08/26/2017

James A.

Keystone expertly installed 15 carbon fiber straps.

Description of Work
Stabilization of cracked and slightly bowed basement walls

Category foundation repair

Thank you for the review!

01/09/2017

David F.

The crew arrived on schedule. They were courteous and knowledgeable about their process. The job would not have taken long but they had a jam in their pump and had to take it apart and clean it out. It took about an extra hour and made a mess in my yard. They cleaned it up well but the grass will take a little time to recover. The concrete slab is now level and seems well supported. The results were just what I wanted.

Description of Work
A concrete slab section of my front door walkway had settled. Keystone drilled it and pumped concrete below it to jack it back to it's original position.

12/29/2016

Virginia A.

I didn't have complaints or anything. Their work was fine. I don't remember any problems at all. They did the job that we asked them to do and they did a good job.

Description of Work
They leveled the sidewalk for us.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

12/29/2016

Bernadine A.

They did very, very good work for me and I would strongly recommend them. They were very professional. They were on time. They did what they said they were going to do. Six years later, it's still holding up, so they did quality work. I was very pleased with them.

David B.

They were timely and professional, and provided a transferable guarantee of the work performed.

Description of Work
Foundation support and basement drainage work

Thad T.

They did a very good job. They were very quick to come out, the guys were excellent, very friendly and they did the job quickly and very nicely.

Description of Work
It went very well. I want to say it was probably in August of this year. They just did a entry way leading from the existing basement into an already excavated area. I think it was around 2700.

Lauren K.

They were here when they said they were going to be and they completed the job on a timely fashion at exactly the price they quoted me and it seemed to have work. The work was as promised and they were here promptly. The estimate was fair and everything was exactly as they told me.

Description of Work
I had a contractor who put in a garage for me and he didn’t put a ground under when he poured the concrete so it left a void. So what they did was they drilled a hole and they put cement or something under there so it sinks in and filled up all the void.

Mark L.

We were very pleased with the service. We priced several companies and they had a competitive price and a very quick service. I'm very pleased. It was professional service at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
What we had was a sidewalk leading up to the steps on our porch, concrete sidewalk and it had buckled, it was not straight. And so what they did is they came and they a hydraulic process by which they sort of got the ground out from under it, and then leveled it out so it was perfectly straight, and it was for a very reasonable price. And they were able to did it in um, I mean it was a very, we were very pleased with the work they did and the time that it took them to do it.

Paulette C.

They did a good job, but it was still leaking. I called them back, and they came right back and did some real work and that stopped the leak. So, I was very happy with them! They were very happy to come bak and re-repair it. They were there all day. Responsiveness ? I would give them better than ?A? if I could. Two very young men, but very professional. They were extremely professional, they worked very hard to resolve the issue, and when it needed further work, they were very happy to come back and do whatever it took to get the job done.

Description of Work
We had a leak in the foundation. They came and repaired it.

12/20/2016

Peter R.

Very well. They were on schedule and on cost and the work was well done. They had to do more than contracted because their advance man had not told me of certain prep work which needed to be done, but didn't charge me for it. They were in and out in 2 days, and would probably have been done in one if they hadn't needed to do the prep work. Be aware, or prepared, they create a lot of cement dust, not a problem but it gets all over the cellar.

Description of Work
filling the block on our foundation with loose grout and re-bar to strengthen the foundation as it was beginning to buckle and crack. The grout and rebar hardens to create a solid foundation, with a lifetime of the house guarantee.

11/19/2016

Richard H.

They left a huge pile of rocks and clay dirt all around my house for me to deal with . The president of the company told me to read my contract because it stated rough grade. They torn up 50% of my lawn from their heavy equipment and told me that was for me to deal with. I had to terminate them from doing anymore work inside my house. I had to pay to remove all of the piles of rocks and clay and spread thousands of pounds of top soil over my damaged lawn and will have to oversees in the Spring. They treat a home owners property like a commercial job site.Tey should be ashamed of themselves !

Description of Work
They dug around the outside foundation for stabilization. They were then going to come inside basement to do the same job.

Category foundation repair

We were hired to put piles under the house to prevent future settlement. The engineer that Mr. [Member Name Removed] hired and our estimator both explained that we were not lifting the house. It was not possible to lift this structure. This was also stated clearly in our contract. Mr. [Member Name Removed] was upset from the first day at the job site because his insurance company did not give him enough money to fix his misaligned windows and doors. Mr. [Member Name Removed] thought that we should be able to fix the windows and doors by installing the piles. Starting the first day of work the Mr. [Member Name Removed] threatened our foreman that he was not going to pay to have the work done. We asked him if he would like us to stop work and leave but he said no. Mr. [Member Name Removed] continued to threaten that he wasn't going to pay for the work. After completing over half the work we finally left. We strive to do quality work but if a customer repeatedly states that they will not pay for the work that we are doing, we are going to leave. We put in over half of the piles we were contracted to do and filled in the excavated area so as not to be a fall hazard. We received $9,000 from him as a down payment and installed 9 of the 17 piles that we were contracted to do at his property. The project total was supposed to be $31,750. The job is a little over half done, the house may continue to settle where we did not finish the work and the yard is still a mess. If we had any reason to believe that we would be paid for our services we would continue our work until proper completion.

08/12/2015

Shawn G.

Excellent work! Could not be happier with the efficient, clean work they did. Very prompt arrival in the AM with concrete truck on time as well. Crew explained exactly what steps they would be doing and invited us to check it out along the way. Very professional and courteous. They really took the time to clean up inside, outside and on the driveway. It looks as if they were never here with all their trucks and equipment. Shopped around and got quite a few quotes for this repair. They seemed to really specialize in this repair and were not just a basement waterproofing company. Hopefully we do not need their services in the future but would call them again.

Description of Work
Repaired 25 ft horizontal crack in basement block wall by inserting vertical rebar reinforcement and concrete.

08/03/2015

Donald S.

I was at first disappointed with the work performed by Keystone Foundation Repair. Inc. The front wall was not significantly straightened and the cracked joints in the basement were not all repointed as per contract. I contracted with Keystone Foundation Repair to fix my basement walls. I worked with Kyle, one of their salesmen, who assessed the condition of my basement walls and determined that two walls could be repaired by installing carbon fiber reinforcing straps every 3 to 4 feet. The front wall would need to be excavated along the outside of the wall down to the footer in order to relieve pressure on the outside so the wall could be straighten. The front concrete stoop and steps would have to be demolished and holes would be drilled along the top into the block so that rebars could be inserted and concrete forced into the cavities of the block to strengthen the wall. According to the salesman, it would take 3 days to complete the work, and it would not be cheap, $12,490, which included applying a waterproofing membrane to the front wall. I was impressed with the salesman, and most of the reviews on Angie?s List were positive. A three-man crew showed up on Monday, Dec. 15, the date they said they would begin the work. It started to rain the 2nd day so that the outside work was halted and the crew left shortly after noon. When they came back on the third day, some of the dirt walls had collapsed from the rain, and the wet dirt had to be removed from the trench. The third day was not a full day and no work was done on the fourth day. The concrete stoop proved to be a little more difficult to demolish than expected. The salesman had stopped by while some of the work was being done and had suggested that only half of the front wall would need to have the rebar and concrete treatment. Instead, carbon fiber straps could be installed which would reduce the cost of the project by several thousand dollars. I agreed. The work progressed rapidly and the crew departed on Friday, Dec. 19th, 2014. When I talked with the salesman about the revised cost of the project, I was told that they were loosing money on the project, but since he had promised a reduction in the price, I could subtract $500 from the contract price. The front wall was not straighten to any degree although I believe I know why now. I believe that the foreman on the job was very knowledgeable. I sent a letter to the company expressing my disappointment concerning the still-bowed wall and the cracked joints that were not completely re-jointed. I received a call several weeks later with a proposal that they would return and re-joint those joints missed the first time, which they did. Although at first I was hesitant about recommending this company to others, I now believe they place a high standard on pleasing the customer and would extend my recommendation to others, provided they reveal to future customers that they may not be able to straighten all walls.

Description of Work
Added support to the bowing concrete block foundation walls

Category concrete repair, remodeling, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

04/14/2015

Krysta H.

No actual work was performed/just got an estimate.

Description of Work
Just got an estimate done and I was blown away by how professional, honest, and trust worthy this company is! I have been calling around to many companies to see how to keep my front stoop from leaning forward away from my house. He not only told us how to remedy the situation short term but also stated that there was no real rush to get anything done. He told us that at some point it will need to be addressed but in the meantime monitor it. This might not seem like a huge deal to you but this advice was given after other compaines tried to sell us everything under the sun! Another company quoted me at 18,000!!!! Keystone at 4,290! I can't even explain how great it is to have found a trustworthy company. I haven't had any actual work performed but when I do I know who I'm contracting! Thank you Keystone and keep the trust!

09/22/2014

Tammy L.

are job was to start on Monday Sept 15,2014 on Sunday night Sept14th I received a call at 8 oclock at night tell me they had to conceal the job because the foremans wife was in the hospital and they didn't know when they would be able to start the job grant you all of our belongings are outside because this was to be a 1 day job, get a call tuesday morning they will be here Wed morning so they show up drill holes in my basement start to fill and 20 min later comes and tells me the truck broke down on top of that on top of that the sells man Michael come to us and says that the job is going to take much longer and be alot more than what he said in the beginning we went from being told the job would be a few thousand dollar to it's going to be at least 3 weeks to a month before the job could be done and now the cost is 22,000 dollars we like to drop to the floor so we felt stuck all our stuff is sitting outside we need this job done A.s.a.p so later that afternoon i get a call from Michael tell me he will have 2 truck come in the next day mid morning so my husband takes off work to be here 12:30 and still no one shows he calls Michael and he tells him they won't be coming they had something come up never called us just left us waiting like fools at this point my husband has had enough 3 chances and still can't get it right need less to say we told they we no longer wanted them for the job they were not dependable and could careless about our time,belonging or our home and Michael respond ok that's fine that's it not I'm sorry or let us work this out nothing they were the most unprofessinal people I have ever dealt with now we stuck with our belonging outside holes in the floor and trying to find another contractor which could take months.

Description of Work
nothing but drill holes in my basement floor.

01/06/2014

Thomas S.

Written via an IPad so I apologize ahead of time for any mistakes. After dealing with 3 different contractors and estimates I was at a loss as to what to do. A co-worker happened to notice a Keystone Truck on his way to work and asked if I had tried them. I thought I was done with estimates and was close to making a decision but something told me to call Keystone for one final estimate... and so glad that I did. Ian was my sales rep that came out to review the property. All though he did not go to much into detail (partly because I was already aware of a lot that needed to be done) he was by far the better sales person with offering a very nicely done sketch of exactly what needed to be done. Also, instead of offering just one estimate for the overall project, he did 3. One for the wall needs, one for the waterproofing needs and one for the sidewalk need. Backstory. My home has always had issues with water, but after major issues with Tropical Storm Lee (fire department had to pump out my basement twice in 3 days and then left a big pump with me that continued to pump out water for 3 weeks after).... needless to say the flow of water in my basement after that was bigger then before....I had cracks show up in the foundation and walls were starting to bow in. Keystone's solution was 23 carbon fiber straps on 3 walls, trenching around the entire basement, updating the two sump pump holes that I had and putting putting hi-flow pumps in each pit. They also corrected a slanted sidewalk I had at the side of my house by "pumping up: the concrete so water flowed away from the house. Ian was great with answering any questions I had and even come out to do another estimate when I wanted to know if the outside should be done instead of inside. Cody was the foreman and had Dwayne, and Steve as a part of their team. At one point there was more guys here, but do not know everyone's name. Cody did a great job explaining everything to me. About 4 hours into the job, Cody discovered that I had a wall where the cinder blocks were crumbling and the wall needed to be reinforced with concrete. This was a big set back in cost.. Original quote was 15700 but with the new issue it was an additional 3,500. However, it needed to be done. Because of this the initial 3 days were done, and most of the walls trenched, but they needed to allow the concrete to dry so they had to come back in 2 weeks to finish the job. Every time they were on time and professional. They did a great job cleaning up after themselves. I am a little concerned with the concrete in the yard in one spot, but it can be reseeded in the spring. I have a high water table so the pumps have been going off a lot since the job was done. I did have one small leak and some missed cracks that were not filled. But after a call back and some time to wait, a gentlemen is here today to fix it. I have had no water on the floor since this big project was done. Originally the thought was to take the sump pump line out about 4 feet into the yard, but after some discussion with Cody, we got the line out to the street and so glad we did because there are times my sump pump is going off every 30 seconds. I highly recommend them to anyone that has an issue they need fixed. Feel free to email at wsnavely1974@gmail.com with any questions.

Description of Work
Concrete Leveling, Carbon Fiber Straps (23) Waterproofing, Wall Repair