Kitchen Design Specialists

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2011

Kitchen Design Specialists specializes in serving customers who want to improve the look and function of their kitchen or bath and adding value to their home experience. Beginning with the kitchen or bath design, our designers help you through each step of the selection process. We offer Yorktowne Cabinetry, Showplace Wood Products, and HomeCrest cabinetry. Because Kitchen Design Specialists is a full service remodeling company, we are able to perform the full range of renovations necessary to bring your ideas to life. We will come to your home, listen to your ideas and take initial measurements. If we believe that we can serve you well, we will invite you to our showroom to see an initial design and budget. There is no charge for these initial consultations. When you are ready to pursue further design refinements and make selections, we will ask you for a design retainer which will be credited back to you when you place your order. we are happy to provide you with references from some of our many satisfied customers. Our customers tell us that they like our creativity, our quality work and the way we treat their homes while we are working there. Our staff follows a thorough process of selections so that all your choices are made before the process begins. This means that you will not be asked to make selections during the stress of deadlines but also results in our company having very few change orders. Because of this process most of our customers find that their final cost is exactly the price we quote them unless they made a change - in fact we guarantee that your final contract amount will not change unless you add something or we find a hidden condition. Though we use subcontractors, we work with the same people regularly so that we know them and their work and are able to stand behind everything they do for you while taking advantage of their expertise for your project....

Robert Horne Contracting

Our mission is to provide the highest quality construction service at the best value. We stand behind everything we do and work to ensure that you are 100% satisfied. We strive to exceed your expectations and deliver on our promises. We are fully licensed and insured. Give us a call to discuss your project!! (717)419-0501.

Blue Mountain Building & Remodeling Inc

Blue Mountain Building and Remodeling, Inc. is family-owned and operated right here in New Cumberland. Since our company opened its doors in 2002, we’ve treated every customer like they are a part of our family. Our philosophy is that the most successful construction projects places overall responsibility on the general contractor. You will need to trust them and their crews, trust them in your home and with the workmanship they provide. We are a first class contractor that provides first class results! From the basement to the roof and everything in between, Blue Mountain Building and Remodeling, Inc. is the contractor for you. Give us a call today!

A Better Build LLC

02/20/2015

It was fine. In the beginning, they didn't realize that I’d made the purchase. I went back and forth with Angie’s List in trying to get the coupon redeemed. After 2-3 weeks, we were finally able to get scheduled with the company. Then, the experience turned out okay. It only took them a couple of days after they actually came out to get me the design.

Description of Work
I bought a deal for $49 for a custom kitchen, basement, or bath design with perspective drawings. We had them do a design for the kitchen. I was looking to upgrade to a more modern design and gain some space/storage.

08/12/2014

The project went very well. We had a few hiccups but I think that is to be expected with any project. Once Jeremy and his crew were onsite he did an excellent job of keeping us informed of any unforeseen changes and how he would address them. The project included: -removal of all existing cabinets & counter tops, soffet and tile flooring -re-routing of all electrical and plumbing to accommodate larger cabinets -removal of current pantry and two half walls -installation of hardwood floors, painting, cabinets, hardware, granite counter tops, trim and appliances Our kitchen looks amazing! It was a huge transformation in which we are certain has increased the value of our home. KDS was fabulous to work with and we would highly recommend them. Thank you to Angie's list for featuring a Big Deal that led us to Adam, Jeremy and their team!

Description of Work
Kitchen Design Specialists (KDS) provided us with a comprehensive kitchen remodel plan and design. Adam provided us with the best design for our current layout in comparison to three other consultations. He was insightful in his questions which led to a great kitchen design and our needs being met. I did not think it would be possible to accomplish what I wanted in our current home but KDS did it! I needed more counter top space, more storage and a better work flow... all of which were accomplished!

07/16/2014

Not impressed. We were excited to schedule our appointment to see the "preliminary design" based on all the intricate measurements and conversations we had about what we wanted to do in our kitchen only to find that the design presented looked more like a generic cad design that included NONE of the unique features of our kitchen. KDS wanted $600 to continue with the work. We declined. We found better service elsewhere.

Description of Work
Provider came to home to measure and then provided a preliminary design with cost to purchase a complete design and estimate of work.

03/31/2014

This company is offering the Angie's List Big deal. $10,000 for $20,000 worth of Kitchen Remodeling. I can't comment on their work. They performed none. I called 3 times. Once spoke with a lady who had no information but assured me i would be called back by end of day. After no call back i called the next day and left a voicemail. After no call back again i called and left a voicemail.....again. Whether this deal is good or not..i am not begging a company to let me give them $10,000 for their services. They seem to be lacking the urgency to get customers, or at least call potential customers back.

Description of Work
nothing

01/17/2014

It sounds that I'm supposed to get a drawing but I never got drawing. I was disappointed with that. They never called me back.

Description of Work
Kitchen Design Specialists gave us an estimate for line services for the kitchen.

01/08/2014

The end result took my breath away. So much so I'm getting my other kitchen done by them!

Description of Work
I had completely new kitchen installed. Cabinets, backsplash, sink, everything.

12/10/2013

We decided not to use this company. I need to trust that the company is completely honest . If not honest in the small things then how can one discern that the best interest of the customer is met and that there is honesty in the answers to questions or even the quality of the work.

Description of Work
I felt he wasn't honest about what the price included in order to get me to go yo his showroom. Based on that I did not hire him. I actually hired someone who was slightly higher but honest.

Category cabinet refacing

12/06/2013

KDS was very responsive. They came at the scheduled time to scope out the space for our kitchen renovation. Their proposal was put together very quickly and well. While we accepted a proposal from another designer, we were very impressed with their willingness and their work.

09/30/2013

The representative from Kitchen Design Specialist arrived on time, and he was very polite and professional. We sat down and he asked us what our expectations were concerning the design of our new kitchen. We discussed material and cabinet placement, and things we never thought of like lighting and electrical outlets needed. He then took measurements of our kitchen and we scheduled a follow-up meeting at the showroom. At our next scheduled meeting at the showroom our representative showed us how our new kitchen would look on a large-screen monitor and it was absolutely beautiful!! After explaining installation details and the cost of our project, he gave us copies of our kitchen design plans. We have not scheduled installation of a new kitchen yet, but when we do we will definitely talk with the fine folks at Kitchen Design Specialist.

Description of Work
Kitchen Design

07/17/2013

With KDS my wife and I found the perfect blend of know-how and customer service that allowed us to tackle our kitchen remodeling project as a team with great success while staying in budget. Ours was a challenging project because our kitchen is in an old narrow urban townhouse and we wanted to do some portions of the project ourselves wherever practical. The talented and courteous sales and design staff at the Camp Hill KDS location showed us how KDS could meet our unique needs and led us through each step of the process. KDS worked with us to develop a work plan where KDS conducted the larger and complex portions of our remodel and planned their schedule around when we could do the work we were doing ourselves. We discovered that like products in any industry kitchen cabinetry and fixtures can vary greatly on price design and quality. KDS presented us with straight-forward information about products costs and installation which meant no surprises on our invoice or during any portion of the process. During installation KDS showed up on time performed high quality work and never left a mess behind. The results were everything we hoped for and we couldn?t be happier with KDS. My favorite things about KDS - They were flexible in allowing us to do parts of the project "DIY" so that we could remain in our budget but still be able to get the results we wanted. - They were straightforward about price, letting us know the relationship between price and quality so that we could choose items we felt had the best value, without worrying about ending up with a cheap product that wouldn't last - They were honest about what would likely be cost-effective for us to "DIY" and what was better left to the pros (they were supportive when we suggested that we did the demolition ourselves to save money, but we trusted their advice that drywalling a new closet would be better for them to do) - Staff was very professional and accommodating - Estimates and billing were VERY detailed and there were no end-of-project price surprises

Description of Work
They moved the hookup for our washing machine from the 1st floor kitchen to the second floor bathroom, then remodeled the kitchen to build a new closet and design and install a new set of cabinets/countertops in the extra space created, plus replaced the exciting countertops in the rest of the kitchen.

Category home remodeling

Kitchen & Bath Design/Remodeling, Cabinetry For New Home Construction, Cabinet Refacing, Counter Top Replacement, Flooring, Painting, Electrical Improvements, Plumbing, Windows, Additions, Structural Changes, Wall Removal, Granite, Quartz Countertops

N/A