ComfortSpec

With Angi since May 2013

149 Bond Ln

Brodheadsville, PA 18322

Home Inspection company serving Monroe, Pike, Northampton, Lacawanna Counties and the Lehigh Valley. Located in Brodheadsville PA. All inspections include a 100 Day Warranty, 200% Money Back Guarantee, Total Home Support and Our Buyers Protection Plan...

09/19/2022

Jon H.

Chad was really good, thorough, explained everything very well, he had great suggestions on how to upgrade some problem areas. You could tell he had a good background and made us feel confident in our purchase. Thank You Chad!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

07/28/2022

Jerry W.

Prompt thorough inspection. Very professional. Comprehensive report provided.

Description of Work
Pre-sale home inspection

04/25/2022

Barbara A.

Excellent, Chad is my go-to guy for all of my inspections. He is great with my clients and explains everything as he goes through his inspections.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing, septic tank

04/18/2022

marissa M.

Ange was amazing! Took the time to answer all of our questions. Talked us through every issue he found in the house. He was patient with us as we learned about well water and septic systems. Would recommend in a second!

Description of Work
House Inspection

Category pest control, home inspection, septic tank, wells, mold removal

11/25/2021

Bill R.

Great inspector. Explained everything to me so I understood what he was looking for

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing, septic tank, wells, mold removal

11/08/2021

Amy M.

Jose and Angel were punctual and professional.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category pest control, home inspection, wells

07/21/2021

Kathleen W.

The tech, Tyler, was at the home when we arrived-- getting tools out of his truck. He completely ignored us, turned his back to us and walked away. We asked if he was the inspector and got a curt response. I knew at that point we were in trouble. It was a rainy day and Tyler was in a mood. Long story short, we realized we could not trust the inspection when the septic report came back with wildly inaccurate details. He got the construction of the tank wrong (he said concrete when it was plastic) , the field was described as free of plantings when it was deeply wooded. He stated that he ran a water test, and the field was good., I.e., "no standing water or ponding in the area of the drain field." In reality, there was no observable drain field. We had a septic company do an actual evaluation of the system to find out that it needs replacement. Trust your money with another inspection service. I relied on the positive reviews. I was wrong. Also, beware of the inspector who tries to buy a motorcycle from the seller when he was on the job for us as a buyer. In fairness to the inspection company, they offered a refund of the $119 or so for the septic part of the inspection. They were responsive to my numerous calls, but the end result was the same. Maybe request someone other than Tyler.

Description of Work
home inspection

Category pest control, home inspection

07/01/2021

John B.

ComfortSpec technician was punctual and professional. He answered many of the questions I posed and helped me understand areas in the home that might be deficient. His thoroughness is well appreciated.

Description of Work
Home Inspection Servicesq

Category home inspection, radon testing, septic tank, wells

06/30/2021

James K.

Everything was great. Matthew from Comfortspec was well-prepared and performed a lengthy inspection of a large home over several hours. He explained any items of concern with me as he found them, and was able to answer any question I had. He was very knowledgeable and thorough. The inspection report was ready and delivered through email later that evening. Would definitely recommend them in the future!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

05/27/2021

Dan S.

We had a great experience with the home inspection with Aaron as our inspector. He was very thorough and explained all of his findings during the inspection. We would recommend using ComfortSpec for anyone who needs a home inspector.

Description of Work
Full Home Inspection

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing, wells

05/22/2021

Tara C.

Service was great! Had an appointment in a day. I was not able to attend d/t work. They sent over pictures and details of things that needed to be done.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing

04/26/2021

Cat B.

Excellent. Inspector Kat was prompt, thorough, and informative throughout. Very professional.

Description of Work
New home inspection

02/14/2021

Charles S.

Chad and his company were on time professional and did a complete job. Chad walked me through every detail of the inspection and made me feel confident about my purchase. Thank you ComfortSpec.

Description of Work
Home inspection

01/18/2021

William S.

Utmost Professionalism. Every Detail was done and explained to every detail, pictures with explained findings. Inspector Matthew Cline was more experienced than I would have ever thought. Knew more details than I would have ever thought of. ComfortSpec is a Extremely Professional company and Will Recommend Them to Everyone.

Description of Work
Needed Inspection for Home Buying

Category pest control, home inspection

12/16/2020

Laura A.

Excellent review of all parts of the home and barn.

Description of Work
Home inspection

11/29/2020

Rebecca S.

The inspection was excellent. Aaron was on time, very articulate about what he would be doing and what I could expect. He kept me informed along the way explaining his findings and giving me tips for how to address them despite the fact it would all be noted in the written report. Overall a very good experience with this company and their staff. Kayla was the young woman who helped me set the inspection up and she was great as well. Clear in the different pricing options and very transparent about the cost of each service. I can’t say enough good things about this company. Thank you Brodheadsville ComfortSpec team. You guys rock!!!

Description of Work
Home Inspection of new vacation home

Category home inspection, radon testing, septic tank, wells, mold removal

11/23/2020

Hans K.

Tyler was professional, on time, efficient, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing

11/10/2020

R H.

He responded that he does not do work on septic in nj

Description of Work
Septic repair replacement

Category home inspection, septic tank

10/28/2020

Noel F.

Very well, described each step with detail and report given to us after the work was done was very detailed as well.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing, septic tank, mold removal

10/19/2020

Amanda R.

Tyler was incredible. He was on time, very knowledgeable, very honest and very professional. He made the process so simple and over all everyone I dealt with so far with comfort spec including Tyler and Kayla from the office have been amazing and I would without a doubt hire again!

Description of Work
Inspection for new home purchase

10/07/2020

Donna B.

I was a little hesitant in selecting a company that was not recommended to me. When I received my quotes I did find someone less expensive but decided to go with this company based on their home office location being from the same area. When I called the office to tell them of the cheaper quote they gave me a credit. This act of customer service, the professional looking quote, the friendliness of the office staff, and the ability to meet my timeframe secured my decision. On the morning of the inspection I was so surprised that the inspector, Chad, had already arrived and started the process. He introduced himself and explained his outline of the areas and how he will touch base with me after each area to give updates and answer any questions before moving on. What an intuitive move on his part because, being this is my first time buying a home I didn't even realize the questions I would have. Chad was informative and professional and made every question I asked seem like they were important and the time he spent not just answering the question but showing me things throughout the house really made me feel empowered and equipped with knowledge. He was so open to dialog that my mother asked him questions about ramps, as my dad recently developed health issues, and he spent some time outlining the requirements. We even shared some moments of laughter and this helped to make a process that could be stressful not so much.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing

10/04/2020

Marshall W.

Very good. Still waiting on pool report.

Description of Work
Home inspection with pool.

09/28/2020

Yong X.

Great. Aaron is very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Home inspection Platinum package

08/27/2020

Kari P.

Joe performed the home inspected on the house we are planning on buying. He was extremely thorough and explained everything he was doing through each step of the process. We are grateful to Joe because he found mold in the basement and alerted us right away. We were able to have it tested and it was confirmed within the hour that it was in fact mold. Now we can present that back to the seller as an issue to be fixed. Thank goodness for Joe!

Description of Work
Home Inspection, septic, well, wood dwelling insects done for new home

Category home inspection, septic tank, wells, mold removal

08/23/2020

Henry D.

The inspector was on time, friendly, informative, and professional. I would defiantly recommend this company for a home inspection.

Description of Work
FHA Inspection