Bob's Home Services, LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2015

First and foremost, we live by this motto: Somedays you make money, somedays you make friends, but on a good day, you make both! You have found an honest contractor…. We are downhome friendly, polite, reliable, knowledgeable, highly recommended and on time. We are proud to be family owned and

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

Computer Desk #2A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

Kitchen Remodel

drywall

202019007
A work in progress. This homeowner wanted her kitchen remodeled, the archway turned into a pass-thru and a new doorway cut in with a matching arch. The project is still underway as of the posting of this portfolio entry.
Diningroom Remodel project

Diningroom Remodel

home remodeling

Livingroom remodel project

Livingroom remodel

home remodeling

View project

handyman (167)electrician (27)woodworking (25)drywall (24)plumbers (22)lighting (15)interior painting (12)garage building (11)dryer vent cleaning (9)flooring (9)closet design (9)door installation (8)

12/13/2021

Benita J.

He really did good, he was excellent. I would not complain at all. I was very much pleased for the job that he did.

Description of Work
Put in a bathroom floor, vanity and a new commode in the bathroom, faucet and all the things that you have in the bathroom. He fixed my gate in the back of my house.

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/03/2021

We performed a partial bathroom remodel for this client. Thank you for taking the time to review the services you received. Merry Christmas

10/04/2021

Gina M.

He is a very nice person personable and patient

Description of Work
He install a new bowl connected to the tank

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

09/26/2021

Brenda B.

The best contractor experience I’ve ever had. From quoting to on-site work, communications were very smooth. Emails and texts were quickly exchanged. Both Bob and Kitana were very knowledgeable and professional. What a talented team. We needed post flood repairs done to our home. Carpentry, painting, tiling and dry wall repairs. All work was expertly done. We couldn’t be happier with the results. Will absolutely recommend them and will call them for future jobs.

Description of Work
Carpentry, tile repair, painting, dry wall repair

Category ceramic tile, drywall, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

08/08/2021

Michael H.

I had been using another handyman for over 10 years. Unfortunately, the individual and I didn't see eye to eye on some of the last projects I had. I found Bob's Home Services through a local internet search. I explained to Bob what I wanted done and he very readily provided a fair and reasonable quote. A bedroom that had an ugly and massive built in wood bookcase took up an entire wall and needed to be removed. The room hadn't been painted in 17 years. The carpeting needed to be removed and a vinyl floor installed. Bob and Kitana completed all the work in two days. It was faster than I had expected. They worked diligently and without any breaks throughout the process. They took all precautions to keep the workspace and any area they entered neat and orderly. Bob made some well made observations as to how the finish would look and we took his advice. Turned out he was right and it was much appreciated. Everything was completely seamlessly and the project was a complete success. I told Bob upfront that I was looking for a long term relationship, since we've always got something we want to do with the house. Photo attached doesn't do his service justice. The room was butt ugly and he made it something wonderful. We were very satisfied with the outcome and I would wholeheartedly and without reservation recommend Bob to everyone who is in need of his services. You'll find as we did, that his craftsmanship is excellent. As an aside, Bob and Kitana are both very genial individuals and possess an ability to get the work done properly. As his website says ---- Some days you make money! Some days you make friends! But on a good day, YOU MAKE BOTH! Truer words were never said. Thank yo Bob and Kitana for a job well done!!

Description of Work
Bedroom Renovation

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/04/2021

Review for Bob's Home Services, LLC - PO Box 511, Bristol, PA - 39433056

06/23/2021

Shirley C.

Excellent! Bob worked 4 hours straight in and outside through the heat and humidity. He kept at it until the entire job was done. Thanks Bob!

Description of Work
inside and outside hand railing with balusters.

Category woodworking, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 06/21/2021

05/17/2021

Elaine L.

Excellent! Bob fit me in to the schedule. the birds in my oven vent they were making a mess and were getting larger and causing damage. Bob went out of his way which was very kind. and as always the work was done efficiently.

Description of Work
clean birds nest out to vent.

Category dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

Thank you for leaving me another review. Glad your house is quiet now LOL.

03/24/2021

Randall H.

Outstanding. I scheduled Bob for 8 hours after reading his positive reviews. I found his website to be transparent per scheduling and pricing. Before the project date, Bob was very accessible via email and texts regarding my project list. I was impressed Bob went through my projects in detail to understand what he needed to know and do prior to arriving. Bob also suggested more efficient materials I should use. These insights and time spent preparing saved a lot of time and money. On the scheduled day, Bob and his daughter Kitana arrived and were ready to tackle my projects—some which were complicated. They completed the projects in a detailed, first-rate and safety-minded manner. Bob also provided solid advice per some projects I was thinking about in the future. They were able to do more projects on my list than I expected. I highly recommend Bob and Katina—they are a great team and do outstanding work. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Gas dryer conversion to propane. Washer and dryer install into space-constrained closet. Gutter cleaning and gutter guard installation. Door repair. Re-caulking in bathrooms.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 03/22/2021

Thank you so much for leaving your experience in the review section. It was our pleasure to meet you and work for you. These are really nice folks.

03/16/2021

Ray S.

Bob and his helper did a great job. It was made more difficult by an improper repair done by a previous owner. Nevertheless, Bob fixed it and got it done in the scheduled time and on budget. There has been no leaking since. Bob arrived on time and with everything he needed. He and his helper (his daughter) were very efficient and professional. They also did a good clean-up after the repair. I definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Fix leak at toilet to closet bend junction

Category plumbing, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

Thank you so much for leaving me a review and another one on Google; I couldn't ask for more. We were hired to change out a leaking wax ring under a 2nd floor guest bathroom toilet. The homeowner had cut open the ceiling to inspect where the water was coming from and had predetermined it to be the toilet. There were lots of things wrong with the toilet installation and the first thing we noticed was the fact that the toilet base was sealed off with silicone; I never do this because should a leak ever develop, you won't know until your 1st floor ceiling is destroyed. Secondly, after removing the toilet we soon discovered that there was not wax ring present. Instead someone thought it was a good idea to use flange spacers (plastic discs used when you put a new tile floor in and your flange is now lower than the finished floor) in a seriously unconventional way. Someone used adhesive and attached three flange spacers to the bottom of the toilet and each other. In place of a wax ring, someone also used silicone in order to seal and fasten the toilet onto the flange. This was a hack job of all hack jobs. We quoted a price with the understanding that if anything was discovered that made the job more difficult or time consuming, the price was subject to change and even though we found this terrible situation, we were able to repair it in the same amount of time and so we kept the price to the quoted price. We here at Bob's Home Services, LLC. do not try to squeeze every penny out of our clients, we try to be as fair as possible and try to keep the rates not only fair, but constant from one person to the next. Thanks for taking the time to review the service you received and how well it was handled. I am sure anyone looking to hire someone knowledgeable, honest, fair and on time will be thankful you did. Cheers, Bob

03/03/2021

Mark L.

Great. The work was done on time and on budget. Bob was very professional and his work was of high quality. He cleaned the work area thoroughly was the work was done.

Description of Work
Light fixtures, security camera, drywall repair, painting

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the service you received. See you again for our scheduled appointment for the gutters and mirror.

03/02/2021

Alicia C.

I was very pleased with Bob service. Him and his daughter were very nice and professional, and helped me out with everything. I will be contacting him again for more services.

Description of Work
Television mount on the wall, security cameras installed, and two paintings hanged up on my wall inside my bathroom.

Work Completed On 03/01/2021

It is always our pleasure helping someone to complete their projects and these projects were no different. This client needed several cameras not only installed, but sequenced with the mobile app along with motion and sound detection set up on a schedule. We also mounted a 50" television on the party wall and installed low-voltage cabling boxes both behind the tv as well as near the floor and ran the wires down through the inside of the wall for that finished look. Before we could install the cameras and get the television connected to the internet we also had to assist the client in configuring and starting up her new internet service which was not prepared ahead of time. This delayed the project by about 1 hour, but we was able to assist her while she was on the phone with the cable company trying to get everything set up. I always try to arrive with all of the necessary materials and components that may be required; this was a new install with no prior television or internet connection and this client was missing some necessary cabling required to complete the project. Because we try to come prepared, we had what she needed in the service van and so we provided this at a discounted rate to avoid having to run to the store, wasting the clients money on unnecessary travel time. We are happy that the job is complete and she is once again connected to the world.

02/11/2021

Brian D.

I needed to have a sturdy hand rail constructed and installed at the top of the stairs. From the time I reached out to Bob, he was extremely responsive and professional and effectively communicated the schedule and cost of the job. The work was done on-time and of high quality and I was very pleased with the outcome. I would hire Bob again without any hesitation. Five star service, for sure.

Description of Work
Construction and installation of a hand rail at the top of the stairs.

Work Completed On 02/03/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review not only here, but on Google as well. I really appreciate that! Installing a railing is not some amazing feat that's worth bragging about, but the moral of this story is the fact that I fit him into my busy schedule for such a small little job. This man's sister was in need of a handicap chairlift system and the chair lift installers would not install the lift without having a strong handrail installed prior to their arrival. With the chairlift scheduled for Friday and this being the day before, I went in the evening to ensure it was completed. I did not want to see her lift delayed over a handrail. My business motto and the way I look at life, friends, neighbors and business is like this. Some days your make money, some days you make friends, but on a good day you make both. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the solution. Cheers!

02/07/2021

Joyce B.

Both jobs were done professionally and the house looks great. Would highly recommend Bobs Home Services.

Description of Work
Roof work and new railings installed

Category decks, roofing, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the services you received. A photo of this job is on our website under Services / Construction at the top of each page. Thank you for trusting us with your jobs and for calling on us more than once. Now lets hope for no more snow this season, lol!

01/18/2021

Mary S.

Wonderfully. My 78 year old home has a new life. Bob always worked on my house as if were his own. He is very organized, punctual, trustworthy, honest, reliable and knowledgeable and experienced in many home improvement areas. He would call me before proceeding whenever he experienced anything unexpected. Many times he would run over on unscheduled time to receive deliveries & put them inside. He managed to get a tremendous amount of excellent work done in the time he was working in my house. I really can't say enough, I'm 110% satisfied.

Description of Work
Complete detailed work to prepare a 78 year old home for sale. Including demo and prep of kitchen for new installations, install tile backsplash, remove popcorn ceilings, construct new doorway (curved archway matching others in home) & pass through between kitchen & dining room, repair of bow window, removal of many layers of wallpaper, discovered and brought up to code many dangerous electrical violations, replacement of electrical fixtures, replacement of poorly done shower drain, replacement/repair of baseboards throughout home, repair of many holes in walls, painted the entire house, installed laminate flooring

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/17/2021

Thank you so very much for your review. It’s a pleasure working for you. I’m happy that you are so thrilled with your remodel and I wish you all the best in 2021 and beyond.

10/27/2020

Christine P.

Bob and his daughter did a great job! They were very particular about the repairs and installations they performed. They went over all of the repairs with me. They answered all of the questions I had regarding them as well as general questions about home maintenance. Bob also replaced screws in a door so it closed normally and it wasn't even on the repair list! I am very impressed with the work that was done and would definitely hire Bob again in the future!

Description of Work
Replace leaking valves, install ceiling light, replace storm doors.

Category lighting, plumbing, doors

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

Thank you so much for your review of my service. Yes, it'[Member Information Removed] true that I am a very fortunate man who gets to work with his daughter each and every day. I really apprechiate you letting the Angie'[Member Information Removed] List community know what type of service you received as that surely does help others know what to expect. Thank you so very much!

10/12/2020

Karen B.

Bob and his assistant did a great job! Couldn’t be happier. He went above and beyond. Best of all, he fit us in between jobs. Super professional, on time and clean. Will use again and again!

Description of Work
Cabinetry moved

Category handyman service, garage builders

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Thank you very much for reviewing the service you received. It was my pleasure being able to help you in your time of need and I am thankful that you will call again. Pleasure meeting both of you and I’ll see you again,

09/11/2020

Sharon S.

Handyman Services- Garbage Disposal Replacement, Ring Floodlight Install, Security Camera mounting

Description of Work
Awesome! Bob and his lovely assistant (his daughter) made a dynamic team. Unfortunately I couldn’t get my ceiling fan replaced because I purchased the wrong type of fan (too low for my room), and the capping around my garage door due to extensive work needed. Would definitely rehire and recommend Bob. He’s professional and his knowledge is commendable.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you so much for your review. Glad we were able to service you and we appreciate you trusting us with your other projects.

08/30/2020

Richard P.

Bob put in two access panels, one in each of the two downstairs bedrooms, one on each of two separate visits. On the first visit, the access panel he installed helped us identify the problem. With the help of his assistant, Bob was able to reconnect the flexible dryer duct to the outside vent. The HVAC company returned to clean the dryer duct and identified a second issue with the flexible duct that needed to be resolved. This required a second visit and another access panel. Bob's first question when he arrived the first time was if a crawl space allowed access to the area between the first and second floors. My mom said there was not one. During the second visit, my mom remembered that there was a crawl space upstairs that allowed access to the area above the first floor. Once Bob was able to get into the crawl space, he was able to identify a second disconnected location and resolve it. Bob was polite and professional. No drywall cutting was done without precise measurement and drop cloths on the floor. In addition, when Bob was done, his assistant cleaned and vacuumed all dust and debris so that the room was as it appeared before he started. I would definitely hire Bob again. Thank you.

Description of Work
My mom's condo association requires the dryer vents and duct work to be cleaned every two years. This year the company that she has used for many years to clean the ducts told her that the dryer had become disconnected from the outside vent. I contacted Bob after doing a search on Angie's List to help me resolve the problem.

Category drywall, dryer vent cleaning

Cost $591.5

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

The company this woman used for 20 years was charging her for a cleaning but never cleaned the proper vent line even one time. I identified the fact that the dryer vented through the roof, yet for twenty years she paid to have the side vent, which was never attached to anything, cleaned. It wasn’t until this year an honest associate of the company identified it was disconnected, prompting my inspection. Thank you for the review, glad I was part of your solution and thank you for trusting me with your project. Cheers, Bob

08/14/2020

Eileen B.

Bob stands out in a crowded field because he conducts his business in a highly professional and intelligent fashion. The first impression is his responsiveness which is very timely, and then his well thought out and easy to navigate, user-friendly website. I was able to review some of his previous work, read his policies and figure out a pricing plan that I thought was fair and workable for me. Then I checked his schedule and found a day and time that worked for me, and scheduled my own service. I sent pictures of the various jobs that I needed done, with an explanation of each. All of these details set the stage for a well-organized, highly productive day of work. It meant a lot to me because it signaled that he was very experienced, in the business for the long haul, committed to being successful and willing to work very hard to provide outstanding customer service. He was very personable and professional in all communications. Now that the job is done, I am very pleased with the whole process that he has designed. He is unusually responsive, diligent in his pre-work assessments and communication, and very honest, and fair. The quality of his work is excellent. He removed a very large, free standing, backyard brick fireplace with a chimney today ( it was old, in poor repair, and leaning), in addition to adjusting a downspout that had been installed incorrectly and was completely blocked, and repairing a deck railing. He also researched and found the last available construction refuse bags available in the two county area. He worked very, very hard! I feel that I got excellent value for the money because of how well he had planned the day, and how hard he and his assistant worked. He is very above board, transparent, more than reasonable, and makes great recommendations, all of which make you feel at ease. I wasn't home when he did the work, but my adult son was, and he was also very impressed with the whole experience. I've already booked another day of service, and anticipate that we will have a long-term relationship with Bob. It's really a relief to have a go-to person whom you can completely trust. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Removal of a very large, brick, free standing backyard fireplace with chimney. Repair of a downspout, repair of a railing.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, masonry, deck cleaning, garage builders

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

It’s always nice to feel appreciated but WOW, this review encompasses my service and line of thinking so completely well. I’m thrilled you are happy with the service you received because I always try to treat every project as though it were my own and you have honestly taken the time to package that up in one really nice review. Thank you for trusting me with your projects and I do see you scheduled more work, which I am anxious to help you with. Enjoy your weekend and a sincere thanks for the thoughtful review. Enjoy your weekend

08/12/2020

Nichole W.

Leak repair on roof & drywall repair

Description of Work
Bob was great from start to finish. He was prompt, patient and answered all of my questions. When he got to the job site he walked me through all of the details of his work. He even assisted on an unrelated issue that could have caused big pry had he not caught it. I would definitely re-hire him.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

08/04/2020

Kit F.

Bob always does an excellent job! We had a pre-meet so he could view the specifics of my flooring job, and to confirm the floor dimensions which required that the flooring extend under the range, washer, dryer and refrigerator - this was no simple job! Bob confirmed the date and time to make sure my schedule hadn’t changed and he arrived as expected, with his assistant Kitana. They worked well together, and they kept all work areas neat and clean, and the final product was excellent - everything I hoped for - can’t wait for the cabinets to complete the project. When they left my home, other than a new floor there was no indication of any construction having taken place. My expectations were exceeded - Bob focused on the details, told me what to expect on “installation day”, they were on time, they were neat and clean, and I have a great looking floor. Bob and Kitana are very nice, which makes my service experience even more satisfying. And my new neighbor Nick came over to my house following Bob’s visit and said he saw Bob’s truck in my driveway - he said he and his wife had used Bob previously to do work at their previous home and he said, “Isn’t he great?”, and on that I would have to agree. I’d definitely go back to Bob for any major or minor work I had to have completed on my house.

Description of Work
A new kitchen floor

Category flooring contractor, garage builders

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

Thank you so very much for your awesome review. Seems like two reviews bundled in one with Nick’s blessing as well. I am thrilled you like the floor and so very happy that your happy; that’s my number one goal. Thank you for trusting me with your project.

07/16/2020

Lisa W.

Bob and his assistant were great! Very professional, punctual, and laser-focused on completing the tasks in a timely manner. I am in love with how my mirrors look on my dining room wall, and I would most certainly hire him again for future projects.

Description of Work
Bob hung up a set of wall mirrors onto my dining room wall, as well as a photo above my couch.

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

It was our pleasure being able to provide you with the service you needed. It was also very nice to meet you. Thank you for trusting us with your project.

06/26/2020

Kristina G.

Bob did an excellent job! He was punctual, professional, and left everything perfect. He was super easy to work with.

Description of Work
Needed floor fixed & replaced and lighting installed.

Category contractors, electrician, flooring contractor, garage builders

Work Completed On 06/08/2020