A Brooks Construction Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since February 2008

2911 Ford Road

Bristol, PA 19007

Licensed in PA and NJ. Bonded & Insured. Master roofing contractor. GAF Materials Member. Licensed Firestone Contractor. Member of Roofing, Metal, and Heating Association Inc. Certifications: Carlisle Foreman Workshop; Roofing, Metal, and Heating Associates; Cedar Bureau Approved Installer; GAF Master Roofing Contractor; GAF Certified Weather Stopper. Residential & commercial services. Additional address - 712 Poplar St, Langhorne, PA, 19047. Additional DBAs - Kanga Roof, Brooks Roofing....

08/21/2017

Robert F.

I really liked their presentation and they did good work for my neighbors. I decided to go with a different company because they had a better quote.

Description of Work
Quote on roof

02/27/2016

Karen H B.

Everything was fine. I just highly recommend them for what they have to offer. I would absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They come twice a year to inspect my roof and gutters. On their last visit, they just walked to the roof and cleaned out the gutters.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

12/24/2015

Lillian C.

Received a quote from Steve as soon as he understood what was requested. He was a gentleman and we had a very pleasant conversation. I was quoted several options. When I gave him the approval to do the requested work it was performed very promptly and was very well done. This job was done at my mother's house. I had my roof and gutters replaced several years back by Abe Brooks and it has stood the test of time. I would refer this company to my family and friends without a second thought.

Description of Work
Repair and replace gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

07/15/2015

JoAnn W.

Cap on attic roof fan somehow disappeared leaving rain and insects to get in the attic. Called Mr, Brooks, they scheduled an appointment to do an estimate. Let me know that this would require a $49.95 charge. I agreed and they came out at the appointed time. Did a roof inspection and quoted a price to do the job. Provided pictures of the fan which had ceased to work and explained in detail what needed to be replaced and patches done to the roof. I was going to get additional estimates, since I felt their price was high. After some discussion we came to an agreeable price. The weather was to be stormy so we agreed to have the job done that same day, since my husbands short term fix would not hold up to any bad weather. Overall I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
replaced attic fan.

06/01/2015

Cheryl K.

Their prices were extremely high. We have got similar estimates in the past for this type of service and this was by far the highest we have ever received. He suggested that it would be cheaper to just replace the downspout instead of cleaning it like we wanted. He stated that it would be $900 to replace it. The downspout is only about 9ft long and about 4x5 inches wide and wants to charge us $900 to replace it.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for cleaning a downspout. This company also goes by the name Kanga Roof.

Category gutter cleaning

03/24/2015

Lisa B.

They did a wonderful job. Customer service was awesome. Cleanup was awesome. They took care while doing the job to not damage the rest of the house, by protected the windows with plywood and the rest of the house with a tarp. They did all the things that the other "fancy" roof people quoted, only $5,000 cheaper. The other roof people tried to strong arm me into a contract, by saying the interest rate expired THAT day, and then they came back and said they mistakenly measured the feet of my roof via google earth, by focusing on my garage, instead of my house and raised my price from $6740 to $13,000. Then magically, they were able to retain the interest rate, and do my roof "at cost" for $10,669. Kanga Roof was highly recommended by several of my friends on Facebook. They even give away a free roof every year to a needy family, and also give away a free roof every year to a war veteran. They are active in the community. A family owned, honest company, that does a good quality job, at a reasonable price. They have an affordable financing program, at a low interest rate. Their salesperson stopped by my house afterwards, to make sure the crew did a proper clean up job, and checked the property and driveway for nails. The salesperson also stopped by with free T-Shirts, gift certificates to a local restaurant, and a coloring contest of a kangaroo to win Phillies tickets. The $7990 was for 15.5 squares and that included a military discount for the disabled vet that lives with me. The "other" company said they also gave us a military discount, as well as President's Day discount, but there price was so inflated it didn't matter. I say word of mouth is the best choice for a good roofer, and alot of them have bad names. Several people vouched for this company.

Description of Work
Removed 2 layers of roof shingles, and replaced roof, replaced wood in attic with water damage. Installed Smart Vent, drip edge, and water and ice shield. Used breathable Deck Armor, instead of tar paper.

Category roofing, replacement windows

12/24/2014

Sharin P.

We got another estimate which was exactly the same price as Al Brooks/Kanga Roof. Since we already had a good experience with Al, we contracted with them for the new roof. They arrived on time, did all of the work as specified, and removed the old roof. They also went around our driveway and property afterward with a big magnet to pick up loose nails. The cost of a new roof is hard to eat but we are very happy with the work, responsiveness, and professionalism of this company.

Description of Work
Last week of June, a storm with high winds took off a piece of our roof. We immediately contacted our homeowner's insurance which was an almost complete waste of time. Most of their recommended roofing companies did not even return our calls, and another one of their vendors promised to come out and never did. Al Brooks/Kanga Roof had replaced the roof on our garage a few years ago. Needing shelter from the elements, and getting no help from our insurance company, we called Al. He came out the same day, repaired the roof, and gave us an estimate for a new roof. It gave us some breathing room while trying to deal with our insurance company.

06/03/2014

Stephen B.

My wife sent an e-mail requesting a quote. We never heard from anybody. Although I rated them 'F', it's only because nobody ever got back to us. I really can't comment on their work.

Description of Work
Nothing

05/15/2014

Patrick M.

The replacement roof cladding looks better than the original. The replaced the flashing round the fireplace with a double layer--hopefully this work better. The old fireplace chimney cap was smearing rust over the chimney. They replaced it with painted one, which we hope will work better; crummy 2 old, unnecessary box vents were removed from the back roof. The entire work staff plus the telephone support were completely cheerful and professional.

Description of Work
Repaired leaks around fireplace chimney, repaired cracks in chimney, replaced chimney cap;; replaced cladding on N. ridge of house (Hurricane Candy damage); replaced 5 sheets plywood; removed old box vents (has ridge vent); completely replaced roof; cleaned up all in one day.

02/19/2014

Chris B.

Price was competitive, although not the cheapest. You get what you pay for. Quality workmanship, professional workers, and cleaned up all areas after job was completed. Highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Repaired roof leaks at Mother's home. They thoroughly inspected entire roof, not just location of leak as other roofing companies did.

01/22/2014

Justin K.

I called them for an estimate on my roof and they told me that they would call me back in a couple of days to set something up. They never called me back.

Description of Work
Nothing.

12/15/2013

Annetta F.

They cleaned the mold off my roof we got new soffits and gutters with covers and downspouts they repaired some spots on the sidings and put a zinc strips to prevent further mold and new boots aroun the stacks. kangaroof is a great company it was all done in one day the guys were great and did a wonderful job!

Description of Work
I used A Brooks Construction Inc

08/15/2013

Titus M.

A roof leak started in our house on or about 11/2012. We hired two contractors to fix the leak to no avail. Kanga Roofing was the third contractor and did an excellent job fixing the leak.

Description of Work
Roof repair and repair of roof underlayment that was installed by former roof contractor incorrectly.

06/04/2013

Karen H B.

Removed on time reported & physiography frizzles & allowed me to participate with necessary decisions crew was hard working, courteous & cleaned up after job was competed.

Description of Work
Removed old roof & put on new roof.

03/19/2013

richard D.

Gave cost estimate and when compared to other estimates, it was 30% higher, so no consideration was given for them doing the work.

Description of Work
price quote only, no work done.

02/20/2013

Joyce T.

Art and Abe came out and gave me an estimate. Within two weeks, despite Hurricane Sandy, my roof was completed in one day. Everything was cleaned up very well.

Description of Work
Entire roof shingled.

12/19/2012

Ruth N.

They were doing some work next door and he came over that day. They were professional. I will be using them in January.

Description of Work
I did receive a quote from A Brooks Construction. They will be doing something for us in January. It for taking down the old gutters and installing some new ones. Doing some repairs to the roof.

Category gutter repair, roofing

12/05/2012

Edward M.

No issue with response, only issue is price. Not on job site for more than 45 min.

Description of Work
Leak on roof from rain. Investigated, found open stucco joint inside corner wall. Removed old caulk, installed new caulk.

11/30/2012

Robert C.

I received a call after a neighbor gave my name. They came to the neighborhood the next day and we made a deal and made the repair the same day.

Description of Work
Shingle replacement after hurricane sandy.

Category replacement windows

10/24/2012

Glenn S.

Reps came out to survey project. Gave a complete proposal. Team came to do work - on time, meticulously clean and well-executed. Better than what they promised!

Description of Work
Roof replaced. Attic insulated.

09/15/2012

Trish J.

Do ask questions Do trust A. Brooks

Description of Work
A. Brooks came out and did an extensive check on my existing roof to give me an accurate estimate. Their estimate was fair and their presentation was outstanding. They came out with a team that worked efficiently and professionally. They started early in the morning and stayed until the job was done. My yard was left spotless and there was no sign of them ever being here. I am very pleased with the quality of work done. Plus my kids liked the Kangaroos on the trucks.

09/13/2012

len W.

Had a water leak- called them and they came out the same day. Person coming out (Al Brooks) was super- spent several hours on the roof trying to find the leak. Once he found the leak he took pictures to show the specifics- a great approach. We were on vacation when they came out to do the work. They called to say they were starting the work. I checked with a neighbor, who said they were so quiet that he didn't even know they were there and when they finished absolutely everything was cleaned up. Their pricing was not inexpensive, but taking into consideration the responsiveness in initially coming out, the time spent looking for the leak, and also the speed to get the work completed...it was not cheap but it was fair and worth it. Very nice people to work with and very professional. They know their stuff. I would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to my closest friends--- they were recommended to me. A very unusual, extremely positive experience with a roofer/contractor--this proves there are some out there who are good. I hope they never change their approach- it will certainly benefit them.

Description of Work
roof repair. had a water leak- called them and they came out the same day. Person coming out (Al Brooks) was super- spent several hours on the roof trying to find the leak. Once he found it he took pictures to show the specifics- a great approach. Their pricing was not inexpensive, but taking into consideration the responsiveness in initially coming out, the time spent looking for the leak, and also the speed to get the work completed...it was not cheap but it was fair and worth it. Very nice people to work with and very professional. They know their stuff. I would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to my closest friends.

08/24/2012

Ronald A. V.

Called twice for an estimate for a roof repair, representative said company would call back, never did, so I called again, was told, "I won't forget you." never returned call to set-up estimate, so I just stopped wasting my time as it appeared I was wasting theirs.

06/08/2012

Brian F.

Al and crew took two days to first remove old roof and install upgraded roof, his crew treated my property with respect, by laying plywood all around house perimeter. Excellent.

Description of Work
Replaced entire roof(upgrade) on house and replaced shed roof to match house.

06/06/2012

Mary & George F.

Ted the supervisor, explained everything in detail. He made us understand what we were saying. Everyone was on time and everything we wanted to know at any time was addressed immediately. Everyone was courteous and pleasant. We would recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Installed perimeter protection as needed. Removed all existing roof material. Replaced all bad wood and asphalt shingles. Installed ice and water shield. Installed gutter cover and Rhino guards. Installed upper attic and lower attic and attic at common carving etc.

Siding Pro

Siding, Gutters, Outside Trim (Soffit ,Fascia metal) Capping. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Chew Bittel Assoc Inc

We specialize in roofing, siding, windows, doors & gutters. Chew Bittel Associates has been in business for over 130 years and has only had four owners, enhancing the core values from our beginning. The new management team has over 60 years of experience in the roofing and siding business. Our vice President Edward Herbst is a professional member of the RCI (Roof Consulting Institute) and the AIA (American Institute of Architects) as well as being certified in all major disciplines in the roofing and siding industry. We pride ourselves on the beautification of local homes to give our customers not only the beauty of the renovation but to ensure the integrity of their investment. Our highly skilled labor force and management team have the experience to not only provide top notch workmanship, but also to provide our expertise to enhance any exterior renovations. Many will agree that “attention to details” is key to a successful project. We can only understand our customer’s concerns through proper communication and a commitment to include those concerns and details in our projects. Often an investment of this nature is not only costly but also at times stressful. We always try to provide a cost-effective product and reduce the stress associated with a home improvement project. We also provide commercial services related to installation, repair or maintenance of flat roof systems to our customers. For after-hours emergencies call (609) 414-2227.

Squeeky Clean Services Inc

Since 1986, Squeeky Clean Services Inc. and Shamrock Construction Solutions have provided cleaning, restoration and repair services to residential home owners and commercial business owners in the metro Philadelphia area. As a full service maintenance, construction and repair company we are dedicated to providing the highest quality work at a fair price. Call or e mail us today for a free price quote 215-836-9274 or Gina@SCSsince1986.com PA Home Improvement Contractor # PA 006346 NJ Home Improvement Contractor # NJ 13VH06730400. Award winning.

Installation, replacements, repair & cleaning - roofing, solar panels, gutter cleaning & repair, siding, windows, doors, skylights

Ask for details.