Abbey's Plumbing & Heating LLC

Founded 1976 • With Angi since March 2006

755 Morris Rd

Blue Bell, PA 19422

Plumbing and Water Heaters....

07/04/2017

Betsy B.

Description of Work
We have used Abbey Plumbing for plumbing issues in our small office. They are always quick to respond to our requests and the techs always explain in detail what needs to be done.

06/17/2017

SHIRLEY F.

Prompt, courteous, and skilled technician. Would use again.

Description of Work
Leaky pipe repaired.

04/06/2017

Haibo X.

They have emergency service but it's more expensive. It is worth it because it works. Very good worker. Very experienced. They came out the same day I called.

Description of Work
Cleaned clogged drain.

Category drain cleaning

04/06/2017

Haibo X.

I signed an annual contract for them to prevent this. Easy to schedule and arrived on time. He knew what to do.

Description of Work
Used a camera and remove more clog.

Category drain cleaning

01/26/2017

Mark P.

At about 5:00PM on a Tuesday, found water heater leak. Immediately called my HVAC/plumbing company that I have an annual service contract with and they told me they would call back in the morning. Asked a neighbor who had recently had some major plumbing done and he referred me to Dan Abbey and gave me the his mobile. Called Dan and got a call back within the hour. Dan was able to give me an approximate price for a replacement and asked me to text him model/serial # and pictures of the unit, basement, and stairwells so that he could provide a locked price. Said that he could do the job either next day (Wed) or the morning of the day following (Thu). He seemed to be concerned that we did not have hot water and committed to making sure we were prioritized as best he could. Technician and unit arrived Thurs AM as expected. Front office called several times to make sure we were updated on arrival status and to let us know what to expect when the technician and unit arrived. Very thoughtful. Installer was very professional, cleaned up the area very well, and was on his way. Excellent experience. My service contract company gave me an estimate Wed AM with no conversation and no guarantee on scheduling. They also came in ~$1,000 higher than Abbey for the identical unit.

Description of Work
Replace water heater with overflow tub with drain to sump pump.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

07/22/2016

SHAWN F.

He did a great job. The cost was really reasonable. The only think is sometimes he is super busy so it can be difficult to book him. We know it can take a while to see him but its worth it.

Description of Work
I used Abbey's Plumbing & Heating LLC when we put the addition on our house.

07/22/2016

SHAWN F.

Description of Work
I have been using Abbey's Plumbing & Heating LLC

01/11/2016

John S.

Description of Work

Category plumbing, water heater repair, wells

08/31/2015

Heidi O.

Description of Work
They changed all the pieces of the insides of 3 toilets. They fixed all the leaks.

06/22/2015

Monica S.

Description of Work
The do great work but the scheduling is planned a week out because we are outside their range.

06/18/2015

Bruce P.

03/05/2015

Margie K.

They're a little expensive I think.

Description of Work
We used Abbey Plumbing. They installed 3 different faucets.

01/28/2015

Thomas D.

Description of Work
Abbey has done various work for us. The most recent time was to put antifreeze in my heating pipes. They did a fantastic job and charged what was quoted and even came back when the pipes had air. They also installed gas lines for new service very proficiently.

08/09/2014

Henry M.

arrived on time, stayed after hours and did a great job.

Description of Work
installed three supplied faucets in kitchen and bath

10/19/2013

Jiayan X.

Bought the new toilet at Home Depot and made the appointment for the installation. The tech come on time and is very nice and works fast, removed the old toilet and installed the base part of the new toilet within 30 minutes; then he found that the tank and the base doesn't match (probably someone bought it from Home Depot, switched out the part he needs and returned it; bad for home depot for not noticing that and sold it as new again). So, he couldn't complete the installation and ended up remove the new toilet base so that I can return it. The tech is very nice and professional; if we had the correct parts, I am sure he will finish it up in another 10-15 minutes. Now the not so nice part, when I first made the appointment, I was quoted the price of $115 for the first hour and $85 for the 2nd hour, etc. I was under the assumption that the first hour is more expensive but includes the travel time already. But when the tech gave me the bill, he initially said it's 2 hours. (He arrived at 8:50am and we are done around 9:45am). I was shocked and he said they started counting the time when they leave the prior job or the office. So they basically will charge for the travel time. This was never mentioned to me and frankly doesn't make much sense. Given that no one knows how long it takes for the tech to travel between jobs, the first hour may actually just be 30 minutes of actual work. Talked to the office and they agree to just charge for the hour. So just keep that in mind when you schedule a job with them so that there is no misunderstanding when the bill comes. Also, even though the toilet set we bought already has the wax ring and screws included; the tech used his own and charged us for that. It's not much, just around $10, but not sure why the included ones are not used. Given the mixed experience, not sure if I will use them again.

Description of Work
Install a new toilet

07/26/2013

Courtney L.

I thought they were fair and reliable and good. I have had issues with plumbers before. I thought they were professional, they were good and they didn't waste time and they knew what they were doing and I've had people come out that didn't. I recommended my girlfriend to them. They were responsible and reasonable as well.

Description of Work
I used Abbey's Plumbing & Heating LLC a few times and their last visit was last Christmas time. I had them do some plumbing work for me.

02/13/2013

Eileen K.

Our toilet backed up and we had water all over the bathroom floor and it found its’ way down to the basement. I already had another plumber come out to fix this same problem before so I knew exactly what needed to be done. It was a sewer line problem. I found Abbey Plumbing through a neighbor’s recommendation. They had sewer work done, so I felt comfortable calling Abbey. I asked Abbey how much it would cost for travel time, etc. They said it sounded like they would need to use their “BIG” snake…………I had to laugh at that………..and it would be a flat fee of $270.00 if not there was a cost of $110 for the first hour and $85 for each hour after that pro-rated. I asked about travel time………..since they are in Lansdale. They said travel time is worked into the $115 first hour charge………….the serviceman arrived on time, was polite, and professional. He listened to what was wrong and said he would have to remove the toilet and snake the line. The total cost…was $270.00. He brought a drop cloth in, used his shop vac to suck up all the water in the toilet. Removed the toilet and brought in a big motorized snake. He put it down the drain and let it go. The snake went down a good ways and swoosh, all the water went down. He removed a filthy, disgusting wad of cloth. He said it must have been the rag used to stuff the drain while our contractors did work remodeling our bathroom the prior year. And when they put the toilet back they didn’t remove it. I was completely satisfied with Abbey Plumbing.

Description of Work
Toilet was removed, snake put down the sewer line and toilet put back in place

12/31/2012

Michael F.

Went very well as always with Abby

Description of Work
Hot water went out. Complicated system. Dan was very accomodating and figured out the problem. Fixed in no time.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

07/19/2012

Loretta T.

Provided a overall quote but did not provide detail. Did not respond to numerous inquiriers to respond and did not provide any communication after initial quote. I would say that they seem like nice people but do not seem to be interested in following up or getting the business.

Description of Work
Request a quote for a bathroom refurbished. They did visit, provided a quote but did not provide detail; therefore, did not have an oopportunity to see the quality of the work.

03/01/2012

GREGORY S.

Dan, the owner, came out for the estimate. Has to wait a very long time (almost 10 pm) because he was held up on another job, but I didn't mind that evening. Dan took his time and went over the scope of work and explained everything thoroughly. One of his crews came out the following week and installed the gas line. The fireplace installer noticed the gas valve was put in a spot that could not be reached when the fireplace was installed. I called Dan and he sent someone out to install a new gas valve in the basement a couple weeks later -- no charge.

Description of Work
Installation of new gas line to firebox for new gas fireplace insert

10/04/2009

Arlene N.

Had them come out more than once via my home warranty program. It took them multiple tries to fix the bathtub while they ignored my input as to where the problem was. They finally fixed it when they looked where I told them; however, they chipped the porcelin on the bathtub and now I have rust around the overflow. Also, they were sent out twice to fix the leak under my kitchen sink. I continued to leak. Now, in dismantling my kitchen for a remodel, we found that the trap was never connected. It was just put in place without any thing to hold it there...thus the leak.

Description of Work
Bathtum leak and kitchen sink leaks.

11/03/2008

ALICE R.

It was a great experience. Dan was easy to work and professional. He did a great job. He saved a lot of time and expense. I would recommend him to others.

Description of Work
He replaced our whole sewer line.

10/28/2008

JIM H.

It went well. It was a difficult job because of the tight quarters and because the valve had to be centered perfectly due to the size of the hole in the wall. I appreciated how responsive they were in spite of the time.

Description of Work
I attempted to repair a bathtub valve and faucet on a Sunday afternoon - I broke it and was afraid to turn the water back on. Abbey was the first plumber I called to agree to send someone out right away. The plumber who came out confirmed the problem and installed shut-off valves (none there before) so I could turn on the water for the rest of the house. The next morning, another plumber came out and replaced the entire valve assembly, working in a very tight crawl space - it took about 5 hours.

09/05/2006

When I had the valves changed and the bill was $300 over estimate, the serviceman got upset at me and insulted me. With the toilet issue, after they fixed it the first time, a second man came out to fix the problem. I later got a bill for him coming to fix what the other serviceman did wrong. Now we have a leaky valve and are awaiting them to come out and fix that, too.

Description of Work
He replaced a spigot that later leaked and needed attention. Then I changed my valves on all my sinks and they underestimated the job by $300. Later, when I needed to turn on my A/C, we were having trouble with a toilet overfilling the bowl and they fixed that so that there was almost no water in the bowl. Now a valve leaks and they need to come check it out.

03/13/2006

ELIZABETH P.

Abbey was assigned to me through my home warranty company, but I would go to them first in any case. They respond quickly, and their work is wonderful.

Description of Work
Abbey has been out to service my hot water heater and to deal with various leaks.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Haven H20

We specialize in water softeners and water treatments! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Zoom Drain

Here at Zoom Drain, we are best known for fast response times and our ability to provide focused solutions to drain & sewer problems. From sinks, toilets and tubs to main lines and sewers, our team of drain & sewer professionals are ready to provide you with fast, expert services.

Property Recovery 911

Property Recovery 911 specializes in residential and commercial emergency restoration services. Our restoration technicians are trained to the highest standards and we employ state-of-the-art equipment, materials, and methods to deliver unparalleled results. We are constantly striving to provide the highest level of professionalism, exemplary customer service and rapid response when called upon to assist in an emergency situation. Offering prompt, professional emergency services that include water mitigation, fire restoration, mold remediation and biohazard cleanup; our certified specialists are committed to assisting victims of disaster protect their interests by quickly removing the source of damage and starting the restoration. Owner/operator Paul Messa is intimately involved with every job awarded to Property Recovery 911, ensuring the highest degree of quality control resulting in the best possible outcomes. Our workforce consists of long-term associates with whom we have established and maintained a close working relationship. Developing and nurturing this rapport within our ranks through loyalty, fair compensation, and mutual respect has helped us to acquire and sustain an outstanding crew of dedicated specialists. We provide comprehensive solutions to our customers resulting in a seamless work cadence and superior outcome. We are available any time of day or night 365 days a year with 24/7 live phone support to efficiently mitigate losses and help curtail additional damages. Direct insurance company billing is available, allowing our customers to concentrate on more important matters. Our commitment to excellence is not lost on our customers. Property Recovery 911 is the clear choice to deliver outstanding results at a reasonable price. For more information, contact us at (267) 808-7200.

Residential & commercial toilets, faucets, tubs. Showers, garbage disposals. sump pumps. oil & gas. lp gas, boilers, annual maintenance. pumps, tanks, controls, water softeners & conditioners, ultraviolet purification, humidifiers & air cleaning.