Deiter Brothers Heating Cooling Energy

Founded 1929 • With Angi since April 2007

1226 Stefko Blvd

Bethlehem, PA 18017

Serving the Lehigh Valley and surrounding areas for over 85 years. Our staff of over 40 Team Members are here to exceed your expectations every day. Check our website for promotions specials....

4.4

HVAC Companies (115)heating oil company (11)water heaters (6)propane dealer (5)air duct cleaning (4)electrician (4)plumbers (2)dryer vent cleaning (1)gas leak repair (1)drain pipe installation (1)excavating (1)

03/08/2022

Michael M.

The technician was there when he was suppose to be did his work in a professional manner and even alerted me to some things to watch for that I may need in the future.

Description of Work
Yearly service performed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,heating oil companies

Work Completed On 03/08/2022

Thank you very much! We really appreciate it!

06/02/2021

brandi C.

He was kind and professional. All my questions were answered. Definitely would hire again!

Description of Work
AC service

Work Completed On 06/02/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate that!

05/04/2021

Jeff L.

Very professionally maintained, keeping me up to date on progress while here. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
A/C annual maintenance

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/04/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Have a great, (and cool), summer!

01/14/2021

Scott G.

both sales and installation were professional and prompt.

Description of Work
replace gas furnace

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

Thank you for the great review! We enjoyed working with you on your project!

06/01/2019

Elizabeth A.

Worst customer service I've seen in a very long time. Contacted DB to come evaluate my AC system that wasn't working. Tech came out, an hour late with no call, but didn't have correct diagnostic tools. I was still charged the $69 diagnostic fee. Unable to pinpoint the problem or estimate repair cost after first visit. Needed to schedule a second visit so that tech could bring the tool that would find my AC leak, at a cost of $249. Scheduled the visit for 10-12 and tech arrived at 830 when no one was home. Called me one time (which I did not receive at work) and left. When I got the message I called DB and they told me they could still have someone come out same day from 10-12. Had a family member at the home waiting, and no one arrived or called. Called them again at 1230 and was told "the tech is a few minutes away." At 1 pm my family member gave up and left. Never received a call or any indication that they had tried to come and found no one home. Terrible experience, absolutely not recommended.

Description of Work
AC Repair Job

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

05/09/2019

Jamie B.

We had our furnace serviced because it had been awhile. The job went smoothly but he was very late without any communication. I emailed the company to find out what was going on and they promptly replied that something had gone wrong at the appointment before ours. I understand that these things happen, but I wish they would have reached out instead of me having to call them and figure out why no one had showed up on time.

Description of Work
Furnace Service

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

11/21/2018

Theda C.

Great service, had trouble with our boiler and the svc tech that came out was knowledgeable, friendly and honest. A very satisfied customer.

Description of Work
The Pilot light was on but the burners would not light on our Slant/Fin Gas Boiler.

Work Completed On 11/21/2018

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate it! Happy Thanksgiving!

09/19/2018

Stephen B.

I wanted to get an estimate for adding flexible ducting to heat/cool a basement area that was being finished. The builder (Traditions of America--best avoided) had mistakenly installed and left open two ports in the conditioned air supply ducting, which another technician from Deiter Bros on a previous occasion artfully capped off. Instead of using one of the ports, these guys suggested cutting new holes and running additional ducting around the HVAC unit to an area at the side of the area to be conditioned at a cost of $400. After getting no response to my inquiry when the work could be done, I'm proceeding with the original plan to connect 8 feet of ducting to the capped off port at a cost 75% lower. ,

Description of Work
Add'l heating duct for basement space

Work Completed On 06/06/2018

Thank you for your review. I looked into your situation and I found your work order from last year which indicated that you were going to perform the work yourself . On the work order for this year we did propose a solution that would have allowed you more control than simply adding a register. The cost is higher because there was more work and material involved. Our notes also reflect that we did try and call you to schedule the work and your mailbox was full. I hope this clears up any confusion. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us.

07/23/2018

David H.

Service was prompt. Tech was courteous. I would call again.

Description of Work
A/C repair coolant recharged

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate it!!

07/02/2018

Bruce T.

Had my A/C stop working prior to the first heat wave of 2018 summer and had called several places. Deiter Bros' was the only place that could get out within the next couple of days of calling. Was given a time window and the technician was dead on with the punctuality. Issue was found very quickly and the part replaced in a short time. My only complaint, and this is really just an issue for me as I'm always curious on the mechanical items, was that the technician didn't really speak much about the problem or what was being replaced. I had to prod a little to get any information out about the part and how it fails, if it's a common failure, etc. It's probable that it being warm out was the issue with this. However I can't take points off for that since the reason I called the unit was fixed quick, without hassle, and without any additional stress. Me wanting to know more is on me and not the technician. All-in-all, I wouldn't hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
A/C service

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

Thank you for the great review as well as the communication criticism. We will work on that!

04/13/2018

Jordan Y.

I give them a Fair review because there is now holes in my sheet rock ceiling in my finished basement roughly about 15ft in length 5 inches wide that apparently I need to patch. I didn't think a company of this caliber would leave my ceiling ripped apart. There is also a PVC pipe running through my finished basement about 10ft across the ceiling that I was not told about. That is a huge eye sore and will require me to stud out around it and sheet rock closed....again not made aware of this before hand. The new thermostat was not installed either? After I mentioned it, they scheduled for it to be installed the following week. Poor communication! Anybody looking to use this company make sure to have them explain in extreme detail what they are doing and where everything is going. I would advise to be home at time of service. They have left a a bad taste in my mouth because now they made more work for me in a home we are already fixing up as it is! Spending $ 20,000 with a reputable company I expect better service....

Description of Work
Full HVAC system. New AC Unit, Furnace, Water Heater and Propane conversion for all units

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair,propane sales

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

Review for Deiter Brothers Heating Cooling Energy - 1226 Stefko Blvd, Bethlehem, PA - 36977698

03/29/2018

John K.

Great. Rev showed up on time and immediately identified the problem. He stepped out to pick up a new transformer (with a breaker installed as this is why the transformer blew out to begin with) and had our furnace up and running in about an hour. Great knowledge and service.

Description of Work
Needed to have the transformer on our furnace replaced.

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

02/23/2018

Allen B.

They were on time when we had our propane tank installed and our routine maintenance performed. Very professional and they told us exactly what was going to be done and the price. I would recommend them to anyone who wants a professional job done right. We had them back to correct another company's installation problems. Very good.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance, propane tank installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,gas leak repair,propane sales

Work Completed On 09/05/2016

We really enjoyed working with you! Thank you for the great review!

01/25/2018

kathleen C.

perfectly and they delivered during a snow event. Couldn't ask for better service.

Description of Work
Fuel delivery

Work Completed On 01/04/2018

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate it!

01/17/2018

Monte I.

Scheduling the installation was a bit of a challenge, but once it was set they did very well.

Description of Work
Installed a new heat pump

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

We apologize for the "scheduling challenge". We are constantly working to improve our procedures. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We really appreciate it and the opportunity to work with you!

10/24/2017

Dawn H.

Good. Tech arrived on time, diagnosed & fixed problem effectively & efficiently.

Description of Work
Check gas furnace.

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

Thank you for taking the time to send this awesome review! We really appreciate it!

10/22/2017

Andrew L.

After speaking with the Vice President Jim, and Service Manager Mike, I felt much better about my experience as a whole. They were both very understanding of my frustration with the installation process, as well as the situation with the other contractor, Mr. Van Blargan. We had a good discussion that resulted in a better understanding amongst all of us. In the end, Deiter Brothers reimbursed me for the money that I lost with that other contractor. **In April, I reached out to Deiter Brothers to install central air conditioning in a house that I had just moved into. I was told that I would need the air conditioning unit, as well as an installation of return ductwork to the second floor of the house. At that time, Deiter Brothers did not have their own ductwork associate, so they referred me to Scott Van Blargan to complete the job and brought him along for the initial deposit and signing of paperwork. When the installation date of late May came around, only Dieter Brothers showed up to install the condenser unit. After reaching out to Mr. Van Blargan, I found out that he had to push back the beginning of the work by over a month. Meanwhile, my air conditioning unit did not function properly from the beginning. I had to reach out to Deiter Brothers twice for them to take another look, as the unit was continuously running, while not producing cold air. The first technician told me that I needed to simply change my filter. After that again did not work, a different technician, Andrew, found that the entire unit was installed incorrectly from the start and spent an entire day reinstalling everything from scratch. Had it not been for him, my air conditioning unit would be still be running inefficiently, and not properly cooling the house. By the time this had all been resolved, I had been without a working air conditioning unit for nearly a month after the original installation. Never in this time did Deiter Brothers ever offer to compensate me at all, but automated or not, continued to send me invoices for the remaining balance while I waited for them to fix the air conditioning unit that they installed. Meanwhile, Mr. Van Blargan continued to push back his work to mid-July when he finally arrived at the house to evaluate the work needed. After more and more delaying, he began work on my house in early August before getting arrested for existing warrants that reached back many months before he was referred to me by Deiter Brothers. Needless to say, the work did not get completed by Mr. Van Blargan, instead, I had to find another contractor to complete the ductwork, after Mr. Van Blargan had only finished cutting my floors and ceilings. When attempting to reach out to Deiter Brothers to rectify the situation, they took a very hands-off approach to distance themselves from someone that they recommended to me! When Deiter Brothers sent their ductwork associate to my house, he said that the return method that his own sales person, as well as Mr. Van Blargan had sought to complete was not feasible and would not offer me an estimate or an alternate solution. This situation seemed suspicious considering other HVAC contractors were willing and able to complete the work for significantly less money that Mr. Van Blargan originally quoted. I found this whole situation to be a complete disaster on the part of Deiter Brothers, who then has done everything possible to get away from the situation rather than to solve it. I had a criminal, with past convictions, and active warrants out for his arrest in my house, gave him a much bigger leash than most contractors would get because I was relying on the fact that a large, reputable company like Deiter Brothers had referred him as essentially one of their own. Now, I am out a very significant portion of money, with no resolution in sight.

Description of Work
Central air conditioning installation and return ductwork to second floor.

Work Completed On 11/29/2017

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with us and our former sub-contractor. I can assure you that we will do everything within our power to rectify the situation. A representative from our office will be calling you today to schedule a time that we can meet to discuss this and get it resolved to your satisfaction.

10/11/2017

ursula M.

It was fine. I barely even know that they come.

Description of Work
They delivered heating oil.

Category heating oil companies

Work Completed On 10/04/2017

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate it!

08/22/2017

Stephen B.

Cannot identify any areas where a deficiency needs to be addressed.

Description of Work
Rcvd diagnostic eval of 2-year old HVAC system. Efficiently handled at time convenient to my schedule. Good recommendations--appeared to be on top of best and state of the art practices for installing and maintaining HVAC.

Work Completed On 08/10/2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We really appreciate it!

08/02/2017

Todd L.

The AC was fixed, the price reasonable (esp for an emergency after-hours call)) and the service guy good-humored. Top marks!

Description of Work
A/C unit wasn't producing cold air. This was on a hot, rainy weekend night. Call Dieter Bros - they came over within an hour and handled things brilliantly.

Work Completed On 07/01/2017

Thank you for the great review! We will be sure to pass this along to your Technician!

04/29/2017

Thomas Z.

For the basic need I have they are great. The technician was great and it did not take long.

Description of Work
Maintenance tune up work performed on heating and air conditioning.

Work Completed On 11/07/2016

04/23/2017

Javier L.

Excellent work and professionalism. Bob and Jacob took care of everything, the water heater and the condenser pump on the furnace. Verified that everything was working fine (e.g. hot water) and condenser on furnace before leaving. Left fan on to help the basement dry up. I appreciated the quick response time and professional work. The Service call was $79. Replaced condenser pump $265. Replaced the 50-gallon water heater (Bradford White) and other associated parts came out to $1,917. Total: $2,261.

Description of Work
Water heater broke and started flooding the basement. Contact them for service and got a phone call back within minutes, Bob and Jacob were on site within 1 and 1/2 hour. I also asked them to take a look at the condenser pump for the furnace since it was not working.

Work Completed On 04/21/2017