Affordable Guys Moving

Founded 2013 • With Angi since April 2015

Affordable Guys Moving is a group of professional movers dedicated to satisfying their customer needs with top quality service at low rates. Our service is guaranteed to be quick, safe, and efficient....

movers (41)house cleaning (1)hauling (1)

10/13/2018

margo G.

Excellent. Very professional and courteous. Extremely responsive and always got back right away. Went out of his way to accommodate me in a difficult situation when moving elderly parents to assisted living.

Description of Work
Moving hauling

Category hauling services, moving companies

Work Completed On 10/13/2018

09/28/2018

Hesong L.

I have to give mixed ratings. The price is really high. The old location and new location only 20 minutes drive apart. I was charged for $100 travel fee, $350 for the truck. $100 for wrapping the dressers and desks (4 pieces in total were wrapped with plastics). $100 for dissembling and resembling. $100 per hour for 3 guys. For over time I was charged $125 per hour. The moving guys were on time, friendly, and working with a slow pace. They did treat furniture with care, dissembled almost every piece of furniture into small pieces (that's where it took a lot of time). When the furniture delivered by stores most of them came in as a whole piece, I even didn't know they can be dissembled like that. Overall no one was hurt and no furniture was damaged and we were moved. I paid about $1800 for the move. It's quite over my budget. Next time I will find a different moving company to see if the price will be as high as this one.

Description of Work
Furniture needed to be moved from old house to new house

Work Completed On 09/08/2018

08/20/2018

Jackie R.

Went very well - the guys on the second day were exceptional. All of them worked very hard.

Description of Work
moving out of one house, into another the next day

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

07/11/2018

Kathryn O.

They guys did a great job went above and beyond it was hot and there were a lot of steps to climb up and down they worked quickly and had great communication

Description of Work
Moved from a 30’foot storage unit into a 3 bedroom house

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

06/14/2018

Robin T.

All went well. Communication was clear, and job was completed without issue. Very easy to work with, flexible and very reliable.

Description of Work
Moving Contents of Apartment

Work Completed On 12/22/2017

01/18/2018

Liza R.

Longer than expected, but they completed the job after bringing in extra help.

Description of Work
Move from a two bedroom apt to a 3 bedroom home- assemble and disassemble two beds and media center.

Work Completed On 12/22/2017

12/23/2017

Dominick C.

Affordable guys moving came to my house to move some very heavy furniture from upstairs to downstairs and some boxes around they were all very professional fast clean and set everything up exactly the way I wanted I would absolutely have affordable guys moving move my furniture and everything else in the future they were very careful not to damage anything highly recommended and very professional

Description of Work
move heavy furniture and boxes from upstairs to downstairs

Work Completed On 12/23/2017

11/28/2017

Joseph M.

They were on time professional and courteous.

Description of Work
move furniture from point a to point b then move furniture from point b to c and d

Work Completed On 11/28/2017

06/26/2017

Karen M.

AWESOME!!! The only way to describe this company! Professional and Courteous doesn't even cover it. This was a difficult move that nearly couldn't happen. They worked with us when we had closing issues in delaying moving times. When we were pressed for time in returning the trucks, they jumped in and helped unload everything. WILL RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE!!!!!

Description of Work
Moving heavier items.(furniture, TV's, etc)

Work Completed On 06/23/2017

06/20/2017

Peggy H.

excellent polite and professional careful with pets :)

Description of Work
Needed help moving they loaded and unloaded and had their own truck did a great job

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

06/08/2017

Connie W.

Great job! The men were friendly, respectful, and efficient. They handled my "extra fragile" items with extreme care - just as I asked. I used the packing service too. They had plenty of boxes for all my belongings, and wrapped my furniture in plastic to protect it. I lived at the end of a very, very long hallway and the new apartment has a short flight of stairs. The men were upbeat and positive all day, even having to deal with that! They were experts at loading the truck so everything was secure. I'm so happy to support a local business and can totally recommend it. A couple suggestions for improvement are: a little bit more prompt reply to website inquires, and a bit more written communication or confirmation (email). Also, if you continue to offer the packing service, I'd suggest bringing bubble wrap and/or let the client know you'll be needing that kind of packing material. A wardrobe box is also great (a box with a bar for hanging clothes.) Thanks so much for helping my move go smoothly! Good luck building your business!

Description of Work
Packed my belongings and moved a one bedroom apartment across town.

Work Completed On 06/06/2017

05/01/2017

Thomas H.

Excellent! The guys were easy to work with. They handled everything very carefully. They were quick but thorough. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Needed to have my mom's furniture moved from her house to an assisted living facility in Bethlehem.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

03/27/2017

Steve P.

We agreed to pay the extra 40 dollars to have them give an on-site estimate which was supposed to be a 14 hour move with a crew of three and a truck. They arrived with the truck and three guys but no moving equipment. We had many heavy items like This End Up furniture and some appliances and they were not prepared to handle the loads. They dropped some of the items on the newly refinished floors and hit the banister and steps causing noticeable damage. They did not report to us any of the damage. It took them 22 hours to make the move, which was way over the estimate. We ended up having to help them move the items into the new house for over 6 hours of our own time so they could get home and we are no spring chickens. After complaining about the extra hours they charged us for three extra hours. They were a good group of guys but not very prepared. This was not a smooth moving experience.

Description of Work
Moving household furnishings to new house ten miles away.

Work Completed On 03/07/2017

03/13/2017

Leighann L.

It went great! The movers were very polite and professional!!! Moved all of my belongings with care in a timely manner!!! Would definitely use again!!!

Description of Work
I was moving and needed to hire professional movers to help get the job done.

Work Completed On 02/18/2017

12/15/2016

Kate P.

I sent this company a message through Angie's List six days ago: no response. Went to their web page on 12/11 and filled out a quote request: no response. On 12/13, I filled out the 'Affordinator' form on their web page with details abut my move. Received an automated email, stating that I would be called within 24 hours. No other response. Today, I tried to call the phone number on their site, and was greeted with a message from a different number (forwarding their calls?), which stated that the mailbox was full, and I could leave no message. I'm done trying with this company, and caution any others who might want to hire them. Good luck!

Description of Work
Local move of a 3 BDR house.

Work Completed On 12/15/2016

11/21/2016

Tamara L.

This is the third time I have hired professional movers to pack and move me in the last 10 years. These guys were the best of the three by far. Incredibly professional, polite, and affable. I would use them again in a heartbeat and will refer them to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Packed and moved us from a (very full) 2 bedroom apartment to a house.

Work Completed On 11/12/2016

11/07/2016

ruth K.

It was a truly wonderful experience! We enjoyed their company and enjoyed them as they seemed to perform a choreographed ballet as they worked. We are very grateful for the time they were willing to spend with us. We look forward to sharing time with them again!

Description of Work
Household furnishing needed to be moved.

Work Completed On 11/07/2016

11/02/2016

Phillip M.

The overall experience went very well with affordable guys moving, these guys showed up on time and got everything accomplished. They were friendly, professional and hard-working, I would definitely hire them again...........Great Job Guys.

Description of Work
Moving out and Moving in.

Work Completed On 10/28/2016

09/18/2016

Victoria and Eli O.

This was the best money ever spent. The three guys that came were outstanding. They were prompt (actually a little early), courteous, friendly, and hardworking. They were very upfront about the costs and stayed within the estimate we were given. They even had to make two trips to get everything here. They went above and beyond. The prices were very reasonable especially for the service they provided. I would definitely recommended them to anyone needing moving services.

Description of Work
We needed to move our 2 bedroom townhouse to our new home. We had several large items and one that needed to be taken apart and reassembled.

Work Completed On 09/14/2016

09/13/2016

Kim H.

Very well- entire house moved in 3 hours.

Description of Work
Boxes & furniture moved into storage pods.

Work Completed On 08/17/2016

06/28/2016

James C.

Worked like a charm. On time and very quick service!

Description of Work
Moved my daughters furniture to her new house

Work Completed On 02/20/2016

06/28/2016

James C.

Excellent job!!! On time and very quick. Great work

Description of Work
Moved furniture inside our house (between floors)

Work Completed On 05/21/2016

06/02/2016

Frank G.

An excellent job! Very professional! They were quick to respond to my initial message. They scheduled the move for the same day. When a previous job ran long, they contacted me that they would be about twenty minutes late. Before entering my home, they made sure that their shoes were clean, Then they carefully moved the new desk, set it exactly where I wanted it, and removed the manufacturer's wrapping. All and all, quick, efficient and at a good price. I intend to call Affordable Guys Moving for similar jobs in the future and will recommend them to my neighbors.

Description of Work
Affordable Guys Moving moved a wood desk from vehicle to my office. Then they unwrapped the desk and set it in place.