Rick's Expert Tree Service

Founded 1992 • With Angi since May 2004

1907 Bensalem Blvd

Bensalem, PA 19020

Family owned & operated in Bucks County for over 20 years. Offering high quality tree removal, pruning, trimming, stump grinding, and crane services at very reasonable prices. State of the Art Equipment and trained and experienced staff make the difference....

09/08/2018

Lewis S.

They came out and gave us a very fair estimate. But they got busy, and pushed us off. That's all fine, but then apparently they realized the estimate was too low, and after a year I gave up trying to get them out here.

Description of Work
Tree removal

08/05/2018

Mark C.

Great company - fully insured, professional, courteous, and they have the big cranes, chippers, and skilled crew necessary to get this potentially dangerous job done. Miss the shade but not the silver maple (got one of these trees near your house? - google silver maple and see what comes up!). They typically have a tight schedule so you may only get 24h notice before they come - stump grinding crew came several days later, but they got it all cleaned up - beautiful! $3500 for the job - but it was worth every penny!

Description of Work
Removed a big, 40-50 year old silver maple from back yard next to high voltage utility lines.

06/21/2018

Danielle H.

They were prompt in giving an estimate and taking care of my needs. Excellent job and very responsive.

Description of Work
Removal of an old stump and some nuisance trees

02/06/2018

Susan M.

Very professional and polite. Did an excellent job. Pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
Remove logs left by PECO and grind down stumps

02/03/2018

Lauren L.

Excellent as always. Very professional,extremely knowledgeable and excellent customer service. And the most reasonable price for the amount of work entailed.

Description of Work
40 year old Oak tree removed, including roots and the stump which was grinded and mulched. Mulch was taken as well. Maple tree trimmed

10/31/2017

Michael G.

It went very well. Guy came out and went over what I needed and he gave me some good advice. Said that they were busy and it would be 3-4 weeks before it could be done. I was fine with that and they came out during that time period and did exactly what I had asked and were very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Remove one small/medium tree and trim several others

10/18/2017

Evelyn J.

We called Rick's Expert Tree Service on September 1. The arborist came out the same day (unannounced, and I just happened to be home) to evaluate a tree. The tree needed to come down, which we figured, and he gave us an estimate. We had to call back to schedule, and we did. They said they were busy and quoted some time within the next four weeks, which would mean the end of September. They also said they'd call the night before to let us know when work would be done. Fast forward to October. We called to ask when we might be scheduled, and they said they didn't know. They were sorry, they were behind. Today, on October 18 they called at 10 am. Again, I just happened to be home, and they showed up an hour later only to tell us that they could not do the work because our neighbor's car needed to be moved from his driveway. 7 weeks wasted for them to not call, just show up, and do nothing. If they called the night before like they said they would, we might have been able to talk to our neighbor. We can't do that with one hour notice on a work day. This was a total waste of time.

Description of Work
A tree near our side walk needed to be taken down.

Category tree service

Fall is our prime time and definitely the busiest time of the year. We do give false hopes that the work will be completed sooner. At Rick's we try our best to let our clients know up front when we are on a long waiting list. I am sure the estimator would have rescheduled with you for the following day to give you ample time to get the cars moved. Apologize for your inconvenience.

10/10/2017

Gerri N.

I was present when work was done. Very professional. Came when they said they would and did everything they said they would.

Description of Work
1 Birch tree in front left corner of house. Trim to provide clearance from house. Take away debris. 1 Maple tree in front center. Reduce top canopy by 1/3 and reshape. Take away debris. Clean out major deadwood. 1 Birch tree in front right. Removal of tree. Take away debris and wood. Grind stump 6-12 inches below soil.

09/18/2017

Robert F.

Outstanding! Front office was responsive and friendly and crew chief was knowledgeable, timely and flexible. Second job I had hired Rick'a Tree Service to do for me and I will continue using them in the future.

Description of Work
Tree pruning

09/07/2017

James O.

Without a hitch. Fast effecient and professional. These are the go to tree service in the area. Scheduling can be tough probably because of demand but worth the wait. Pricing is unbeatable.

Description of Work
Removed 4 trees, stumps ground.

08/29/2017

glenn G.

they came when they promised and cleaned up area around tree removal

Description of Work
large tree in back of property needed to b cut down and removed

07/24/2017

Don Z.

They have the equipment, the manpower, & the expertise. Great cleanup when they were done. Would have taken me weeks to do what they accomplished in a day . . . and might have killed me in the process.

Description of Work
Tree removal & pruning

07/03/2017

George M.

Very professional tree service with the right equipment to do the job.

Description of Work
Removed 25 large Ash trees from around my house.

03/30/2017

Kate B.

It well exceedingly well from start to finish. The group of guys that came out did a great job and left the area pristine before they left. I wouldn't use anyone but Rick's Expert Tree Service...best price, great job, perfect clean-up.

Description of Work
Removed gigantic maple tree from my back yard, hauled away wood, ground stump and roots, hauled away mulch.

03/13/2017

M P.

He was very happy with Rick's service. A team of 4 men completed the task in about 45 minutes and cleaned up everything including his next door neighbor's yard where the tree's canopy extends.

Description of Work
Our 92 year old neighbor wanted the tree in his backyard trimmed and reshaped.

02/20/2017

JULIE W.

They showed up when expected, cleaned up meticulously, and came back to grind the stump. We were amazed. Haven't had service this good in a long time. greg and julie 37 neptune

Description of Work
very large oak tree needed to come down.

12/06/2016

Willard W.

Fast and efficient work. Beautiful job and no mess left behind.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and shaping on two trees

11/08/2016

Chalreen S.

Job was done within a week of calling and done expertly and efficiently. Response to my initial call was the same day and someone was out to give an estimate that same day. Very pleased with service and would highly reccomend using them to anyone.

Description of Work
Trees were trimmed elevated and reshaped and two trees removed and stumps ground

11/01/2016

Alfred and Emily G.

We contacted two tree services for estimates on this job. Both responded quickly, but Rick's Expert Tree Service offered us the best price and agreed to schedule the work within a week to 10 days. They called the day before to firm up the start time. The 5-man crew arrived on schedule, with a crane and bucket truck, and all the other equipment they needed for the job. The take-down was tricky, because of the size of the tree and its proximity to the house. But with impressive skill and teamwork, they had the tree down and loaded into their truck in under three hours, and returned a few days later to grind the stump. Amazing!

Description of Work
Removal of 90-year-old ash tree measuring over 4 feet in diameter.

09/30/2016

JOHN S.

Excellent work by the 4 member crew. Very professional. They accomplished everything we contracted for in about 3 1/2 hours. Really opened up the yard removing a number of large branches that were near the house. They did a great job cleaning up as well.

Description of Work
4 trees on our property needed to be trimmed. One fairly large tree in the front yard.

09/19/2016

Jessica G.

AMAZING!! Love the company, love the staff!! They did a great job removing the trees. Cleaned up the yard like they were never even here. Very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely use them in the future for other tree removal (if needed)

Description of Work
Removal of multiple large trees

07/30/2016

Deceased .

Dennis' team was phenomenal! Arrived on time, removed multiple trees (including some really tall ones), and cleaned up within 3 hours. The guys were professional and courteous. I have absolutely no reservations using them again. Pricing was competitive with several other quotes.

Description of Work
Had several trees removed with stumps ground.

07/13/2016

William H.

Not complete to my satisfaction. When I said "clean up" a row of trees, they gave did their interpretation of that without explaining up front that they would not be trimming the few higher branches that clearly we out of line with the rest of the trees. I called immediately to the arborist upon my return from being out of town and left a message asking for a retrun call. I did not get one. A couple of weeks later, I received the bill in the mail. I called the office and left a message asking for a retrun call. I did not get one. I assumed that I'd hear from them once they realized I had not yet paid my bill. Instead, another copy of the bill showed up in my mail a month plus later (still no call), so I called them again and explained that I did not think parts of the trees had been cleaned up well. They had the arborist call me (who is not a clear spoken person) to explain that what I was talking about would be considered a "reshaping" and would take the cost of the job from $1,500 to $3,000. Sorry, I'm talking about 5 or 6 noticibly long and sagging branches across 10 trees. Needless to say, I will now pay my bill, but they are off my list. If you do decide to use them, make darn sure you understand thier tree lingo vs. what you are asking them to do for you.

Description of Work
Tree trimming.

Category tree service

At the time of the service I had called several times after you had talked to Dennis to go over the work with you unfortunately I did not hear back from you. I have no problem working issues of the service provided. Sorry for the misunderstanding. In addition to trying to be as thorough as possible we also provide definitions on our slips. Unfortunately, you were not able to meet with the estimator for the initial consult nor after. We appreciate your feed back and will continue to work on ways of communication for a clear interpretation of our services.

05/15/2016

Laura R.

Rick's came and gave an estimate for removing several different trees. Some of the trees were large and not completely dead so they itemized the estimate allowing us to decide if we wanted to only do portions of the work. The previous owners of the house had removed 12 trees but had not removed any of the stumps. The person who gave us the estimate from Rick's said something interesting...that he would not put a Rick's sign out if they weren't allowed to remove the stumps too...he thought it was the sign of an incomplete job. Anyway, he gave us a very fair estimate for removing all of the stumps in the front yard. The work was performed on time and as expected and the communication was excellent.

Description of Work
Rick's removed 3 elm tree's stump and all and the ground 8-10 stumps in the yard...

Category tree service

Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves on being honest and building lasting relationships with our customers. We hope you have a wonderful day and look forward to working with you in the future. ~Jodie, Rick's Expert Tree Service, Inc 215-785-2168

05/09/2016

Lisa H.

Ricks expert tree service is superior called 1 day had and estimate in less than 2 hours the price was excellent and the work was superior without a doubt they are professionals

Description of Work
Removed 2 trees and ground stumps and removed all debris

Category tree service

Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves on being honest and building lasting relationships with our customers. We hope you have a wonderful day and look forward to working with you in the future. ~Jodie ~Rick's Expert Tree Service, Inc 215-785-2168

SRM CONTRACTING

We specialize in Pavers, Retaining Walls, Concrete Work, Utility Trenching, and Excavation. We pride our company on reliability, integrity and quality work. When SRM Contracting is hired, we make it a point to provide the highest level of customer service. We work with both residential and commercial clients, and apply the same attention to detail regardless of project size or complexity. Whether you need a small maintenance task or a major project completed SRM Contracting is the company to call. We look forward to earning your business! Thank you!

EVERGREEN LANDSCAPE MGMT INC

Evergreen Landscape Mgmt. Inc. is a full-service Landscaping firm that believes in environmental improvement through professional horticulture. Our mission is to work closely with clients to design, install and manage the highest quality landscapes that provide relaxed escape from hectic everyday life.

Cambridge Landscapes

Welcome to Cambridge Landscapes, the premier landscape design group servicing the greater Bucks County, as well as, Central New Jersey area. Quality is a key component for Cambridge: products/materials, workmanship, and customer service. Customer satisfaction is the key to Cambridge Landscapes’ success. Whether we are custom designing your backyard utopia or correcting a poor drainage situation, Cambridge gives the same high quality and professional integrity to every one of our customers. We pride ourselves in helping others transform their basic backyards into a sanctuary in which to retreat to after a long day's work or to gather with friends and family.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available
    Satisfaction

Tree and stump removal. Pruning and trimming techniques. Brush and debris removal. Lot clearing. Overgrowth removal. Chipper services. Crane service. Seasoned firewood delivery.

$50. off anything over $500. 5% off Miltary/Senior/Firefighters/EMT/Police Crane Crew Day Rate $1000 OFF $6500/$5500