Bella Brothers Construction Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since June 2007

1872 Hulmeville Road

Bensalem, PA 19020

When you hire our home remodeling company for your project, you’re not just another client! We treat your space as if it were our very own renovation. As a family-owned company Bella Brothers Construction, Inc. values & respects your time, money and opinion. A good portion of the first phase is spent taking the time to sit down with our clients to discuss all of the important design and functionality aspects of the new space. Our designers have impeccable taste and will help to guide you through the best colors, materials and brands to fit your aesthetic while staying within budget. Once we have a full understanding of style and budget, a 3D computerized drawing is presented to iron out any last minute changes and receive final approval. The Bella Brothers Construction, Inc. home remodelers work diligently to have the project fully finished by the completion date. Finally, we guarantee no surprises at the end of the renovation when it comes to your bill. If you’ve been dreaming about renovating your kitchen or bathroom, adding an addition or building a deck, call Bella Brothers Construction, Inc. today! We can transform your space and make your dreams an affordable reality. ...

08/23/2022

Nicole V.

Everything went very smoothly with this project! Mike was so helpful throughOut the process and prompt with answering any questions. And the crew always cleaned up after work was done for the day. Very satisfied - thank you!!

Description of Work
Powder Room Build and Basement Wall Repair

Category drywall, electrician, glass repair, handyman service, insulation, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

05/20/2022

Denise P.

I love it! The service was very professional and done in a timely manner. They addressed any concerns I had and they explained in full detail the process. I would definitely recommend Bella Brothers to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen

Category appliance repair, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, siding, replacement windows, appliance sales, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

03/08/2022

Jocelyn B.

Bella was very communicative and upfront. They are very reliable, flexible and helpful. They do good work on a fair timeline. I’ve always had a good experience and would hire them for nay work in the future.

Description of Work
They exposed a large brick wall, installed a stairrail, and repaired, insulated and put siding on my whole back of the house that was damaged.

Category drywall, insulation, remodeling, siding, interior painters

03/04/2022

Teonee L.

Everything went great Mike was a great project manager and addressed my concerns and last minute changes professionally. He was also very friendly and personable. Dominic went above and beyond and did a wonderful job on our kitchen and bathroom.

Description of Work
Total Kitchen & Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

01/11/2022

RUTH K.

The Bella Brothers Team helped make a daunting project into a manageable one. This was a one stop shop which included all materials, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting and design skills and it was executed beautifully. In spite of supply chain issues which delayed the project, the project manager kept in communication and proceeded as soon as they were able once all materials were in and with no further delay. The contractor was a talented, skilled professional who creatively met each challenge. The rooms were transformed beautifully.

Description of Work
Complete gutting and renovation of kitchen in an older home including removing several walls and moving door entrance to basement.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, appliance sales, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

01/04/2022

Kim R.

Terrible!! I paid Bella Brothers 92% of the contractual amount, only owing $7,142.00, but they haven’t been back to my house to complete the work, when I signed the contract in November 2020, where Bella Brothers was to start in February 2021, but didn’t start until June 2021. Bella Brothers start the work, but doesn’t complete the work, unless they can swindle you into paying them more money, outside of the original agreement!! I now have to sue Bella Brothers, after I hire additional contractors to rebuild the framing for screening’s around the deck and under the flooring of the deck; siding and capping on and around the ceiling of the roof of the deck, and certain areas around the side of the deck; electrician, etc… In my opinion, Bella Brothers has no intention on completing the contract that they sign with certain customers, instead they want to keep/steal you money!! BE AWARE!!

Description of Work
Deck built and roof above deck!

Category decks, electrician, lighting, roofing, siding, wrought iron, ceiling fans, sunrooms

12/18/2021

Liza F.

Tom was very personable and forthcoming. Our project manager Mike was literally available day or night to discuss any part of our project. The showroom had a variety of fixtures to choose from. Their crews were trustworthy and reliable. We will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Attic conversation

Category remodeling

10/17/2021

James L.

Excellent experience. Professional. Reasonably priced. Flexible even accounting for reasonable changes throughout the project. Most importantly the final design came out amazing. Highly recommend Bella for anyone looking to do a Bathroom project.

Description of Work
Remodeled Bathroom

Category basement remodeling

06/29/2021

Mark & Rosalia W.

We had our master bathroom and hallway bathroom remodeled in September/October of 2020. This is a good company. They are a bit on the pricey side but you get what you pay for which includes having a project manager that deals with all the headaches that go with a remodeling project. This company returns your calls, replies to your emails and keeps their appointments. The bathrooms look beautiful. The contractors we were assigned (Jon and Leo) did a really super great job. We had Mike F. as our project manager. We really liked him a lot. He was very personable, communicated with us, was on top of the remodeling progress and even threw in our master clothes closet to be painted at no extra charge. The painter they sent (Luiz) did a phenomenal job with the painting. Tom (the owner), Arsan (the designer) and Laura (the admin asst) were all a pleasure to work with. We would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Master bathroom and Hallway bathroom

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

05/18/2021

peter M.

From the start with the estimate by the owner to the completed project I could not be more satisfied. I was so impressed with the honest and integrity of the owner I did not get any other estimates and I am definitely a "shopper." We went to the showroom to pick our selections and this was an excellent experience. We were given a timeline for the start of the project which was a little delayed but constantly communicated to us. A project manager was assigned to the job who checked in person almost every day. Prior to starting the work the entire area from the front door to the bath was covered with self adherent plastic. The attention to detail was perfect. Changes were accommodated. The job was actually completed by one technician who was here every day. Any time I had questions I communicated with the project manager who responded very quickly. Every time I go to that bathroom I am more pleased. I absolutely would use this company for any other project I have in the future. I have an absolute comfort level that I can call with any problems and I know they will be resolved. This is without question a reputable company. Actually I referred them to a long time friend who is having 2 complete bathroom remodels done.

Description of Work
Complete Master Bathroom Remodeling

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

02/15/2021

Alice A.

We hired Bella Brothers for a full first floor renovation. We had an original kitchen, metal cabinets and in less than 3 weeks, I now have my dream house with a modern kitchen, open floor plan and LPV flooring throughout. From the initial meeting to the very end of the project, every single interaction was respectful and friendly. They provided us with a designer who helped us choose every last detail. In their showroom, they had many samples for us to pick from (counters, tiles, flooring, cabinets etc.) and were able to show us the flooring layout on a screen. We were assigned a project manager who was our main contact, who kept in regular touch with us throughout the project. He came to the house to meet us and go over the project before it began. He made sure to maintain regular communication with us. All of their employees were always on time, professional and worked hard to get the job done in a timely manner. As a matter of fact, from the day the job started to the end was less than 3 weeks. This included demolition of walls, moving beams, moving plumbing, moving gas lines, adding new flooring, new cabinets, etc. As far as craftsmanship, they just cannot be beat. All of the work was top notch, detailed, while keeping the house immaculate. I would recommend them over any contractor.

Description of Work
Full First Floor Renovation

Category appliance repair, countertops, electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, home remodeling, interior painters

01/25/2021

Chris K.

I am amazed at how Bella Brother’s Construction has received positive reviews. I have only had negative experiences with them. They do a classic BATE AND SWITCH to steal your money, change projects, and do not stand behind their work. Their owner has no accountability or professionalism once you sign the contract and leaves you wondering where your deposit goes, when you will be assigned project managers, and when/if your projects will ever be started (or competed). During my experience with them, they have changed project managers 4 times- one quit, one cursed me off (demanding money before project was completed), one was brand new and finally the owner “took over a project” before breaching our contract and backing out. They lacked all communication and follow up, which required me to constantly reach out to them for updates, project starts, etc. They constantly try to upsell you even though they had originally told/promised certain tasks would be done. And finally, the owner, himself, lacks all professionalism and accountability and backs out on projects via email with little explanation without the decency to actually discuss it with you. In conclusion, if you do proceed to use Bella Brother’s construction, which I would HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND. I would make sure your contract includes EVERYTHING before singing- including start dates, completion dates, the fine details, what is included vs no included, etc. THIS COMPANY IS A CLASSIC CONTRACTOR SCAM!

Description of Work
Deck Build, Bathroom Remodel, Family Room Remodel

Category decks, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling

Hello. My name is Tom Denicolo. I am the owner of Bella Brothers Construction and have been a General Contractor for over 35 years. I take great pride in my company. I have built it into a successful company using the review process. If you were to check the internet sites such as Angie’s List, Better Business Bureau, Houzz, etc., you will see that Bella Brothers Construction literally has hundreds of great reviews and only 5 or 6 poor reviews over the years. As a responsible and smart consumer, you will have to be the judge of my company’s great reviews versus a handful of poor ones. You make the call! This particular client had three separately priced projects on his proposal. We completed two of the projects and he paid in full for both of them. His extreme anger came into play, and obviously this review, after I was not able to do his last project due to several issues arising from Covid. The particular crew I wanted to do his project left my company due to Covid. I did not believe I could do his project safely, so I offered a 100% refund on his deposit for this project. He just does not want to accept this, resulting in the totally inaccurate review. If even a fraction of this review was true, why would he have paid his progress payments and completion payments for the first two projects? As a considerate business owner, I will be reaching out again to refund his deposit in full, as offered from the beginning of this issue, Wish me luck! Proud business owner, Tom Denicolo

09/22/2020

Christine D.

I would not recommend this company. We hired them for several projects and they made mistakes on just about every project. The owner, Tom was very nice when he came to our house for the initial meeting. However, since the last bill was paid, he has not returned my emails regarding problems caused by his company. We were assigned an inexperienced project manager. Listed below are the projects and the issues we ensued. #1 Project- Wall papering installation Problem - They installed the wallpaper over an un-sanded wall. It was bumpy and peeling at the seams. We had them remove it and reinstall. I allowed the project manager to permit the wall paper installer into our home while we were at work. On our surveillance cameras, I observed the wall paper installer helping himself to coffee in our kitchen without asking our permission. When the wallpaper was installed, the toilet had to be moved and it was not put back properly. Also a few weeks ago we started to notice a foul smell coming from the master bathroom toilet and could not figure out the cause. We hired a contractor and he informed us that there was a crack in the back of the toilet causing the main drain to be loose and having a poor seal. One of Bella's contractors tried to fix this with epoxy, but this did not hold. Additionally, there is no caulk at the base of the toilet and all of the toilet screws are loose. I can only assume that the damage occurred during the 2 times that the toilet was removed to wallpaper the bathroom. The cost to purchase and install a new toilet was $538 to maintain the same brand of toilet throughout the home. #2 Project Outdoor Umbrella installed Problem-There was damage to the hardy siding that we noticed and the project manager had to come back to paint it. #3 Installation of fireplace and tiling Problem- Project started but was halted because more tiles needed to be ordered. They did not measure correctly so we had to wait weeks for it to be finished. Also our garage was left filthy with tiling dust as the cutting of the tiles occurred inside the garage with the doors closed. #4 Exterior door installation Problem- The old door was taken with our security device still installed. We called the project manager the next day and in was brought back. Also the original lock was not closing correctly on the new door. The project manager came out to attempt to repair this but to no avail. We had to call a locksmith who informed us that the original lock had been bent. We had to order a new lock and pay for the installation which cost us $150. We have had to call in other contractors and pay $680 in fees for work that was not completed correctly. I did not call Bella Brothers and ask them to come out about the door for the third time or for the toilet because there have been too many errors with several of the projects and we needed to know that the project would be done correctly. I emailed these concerns to the company owner, but he has not responded. We have decided to take this up with small claims court.

Description of Work
Several home projects

Category ceramic tile, wallpaper, air duct cleaning, doors

08/10/2020

Antoinette S.

Bathroom is beautiful. Two men came daily until it was done and did a professional job. When a problem developed with leakage in another bathroom I was using while work was being done and caused damage to my dining room ceiling, the project manager got on it right away. The leakage had nothing to do with the work being done on the remodeled bathroom. He arranged a plumber to fix the leakage and someone to repair the ceiling. The price was more than reasonable. I highly recommend Bella Bros. for quality, efficiency and dependability.

Description of Work
Remodel Bathroom

07/28/2020

Linda B.

DO NOT HESITATE TO HIRE BELLA BROTHERS!! Bella Brothers is top notch when it comes to home remodeling. I hired them to complete a full home remodel on my house which included new plumbing, electrical, floors, installing all new ceilings, roof, windows, painting, HVAC, dry walling the house which was down the to the studs, kitchen install, you name it, it was on the contract for Bella Brothers to complete. From my first meeting with Tom (he walked through the house with me to see what I was looking to have completed) he was amazing. He listened to what I was looking for and offered excellent options and ideas to keep me within my budget while still ending up with the vision I had of the completed project. He is a true professional who did exactly what he promised his team would do (leave my house gorgeous!!). Tom was always available when needed and was VERY fair with pricing. Shortly before the starting date I met with the project manager assigned to my renovation, Mike. He was also amazing! He took care of everything and always kept me up to date with what was happening, the next steps, and making sure things were getting done, he never missed a beat. He was also always there for my questions and took the time to help me understand things that I just didn’t know about (this was my first remodel). The team that remodeled my house was continuously at the house working, I never had to wonder if someone was coming. Once the work began it was always a priority. I myself did not live in the house since it was full remodel so going back to the house daily was exciting to see how much progress was done daily. I am not sure what I would have done without Bella Brothers. The home remodel process can be stressful but I was always in good hands so it made the process very easy. To sum it up… Bella Brothers is a team of professionals who care about the work they complete and left my house better than I had ever imagined! I would hire them over and over again and will always use them go forward.

Description of Work
Entire Home Remodeling

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, screen repair, replacement windows, air duct cleaning, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

02/14/2020

Ofer N.

They did not do the estimation, as I told them to drop off.

Description of Work
We scheduled an estimation. then they called 2 hours before the scheduled time to tell they charge $250 for the estimation (which is deducted from the order total if they hired). This is very high price and an incentive for high estimate price. If they would ask for $25 as symbolic token, so it be.

02/05/2020

Robert A.

I contracted Bella Brothers to renovate a bathroom that had not seen change since it was constructed 50 years ago. Before deciding on this company I had considered and rejected four others for "red-flags" I detected in their proposals. These included the materials to be used, construction methods and contract terms. Joe, my Bella Brothers salesperson provided a proposal that met my standards. Mike was assigned as the project manager and Jon and his assistant Leo would do the renovation. Once the project plans were finalized, the work began. The demo was extensive leaving only studs and pipes visible in this now gutted room. The renovation work was completed in less than 3 weeks and the results were beyond my expectations. I now have a bathroom that is both attractive and functional. While Bella Brothers is certainly not the least expensive, the quality of their work is top-notch. All of the folks involved were professional and courteous. I recommend Bella Brothers to others considering a similar project.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category remodeling, home remodeling

01/30/2020

Thomas L.

I decided to use Bella Brothers for our bathroom projects based on the very positive recommendation of a friend who hired the company to do her kitchen renovation, and am very pleased with the results. From meeting with the company's designer to choose the bathroom layouts, fixtures and paint colors, to working with a project manager and the renovation crew, all facets of the projects went extremely well—communication and the overall quality and efficiency of the work was consistently excellent. Honestly, I can't think of any negative aspect of working with them, and would certainly do so again and recommend their services to others.

Description of Work
Complete renovation for two bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

07/23/2019

jane G.

A salesman, "Joe" came out to price the job. He called later that day with an estimate. Said he couldn't give a written estimate without 30% down. I should have stopped right there, but the quote was a good bit lower than one other. I sent this company the details of work from the other estimate, to be sure we were comparing apples to apples. Tried for 3 days to get a response from Joe. I called the office a few times in the meanwhile, always getting a promise that Joe would get back to me. Meanwhile, Joe called my sister, said I had given him the job and could they start tomorrow. She said she'd have to check with me. She did. I called the office at 5:03 to find only one poor project manager there. I unloaded on him. I asked to speak with the owner. Not there. When? "We never know." Meanwhile, Joe just called my sister again, trying to pressure her into giving the OK, says "the office" lost my phone number, thus all of the calls to her. End of story? I just gave the job to the more expensive contractor. How could anyone trust a company that does business that way?

Description of Work
Needed to repair the roof over a patio

Hello I'm sorry you feel you had a bad experience with us. We strive to be professionals. I believe that is why we have nearly 100 "A" on ANgies list. I respect your review but honestly some things that you are quoting from your sister just don't seam to make sense. I would be happy to speak with you and try to straighten this out. Please give me a call at your convenience. Sincerely Tom

07/15/2019

Walter B.

We had a midsize deck that needed to be replaced. Bella Brothers' price was in the middle of estimates given, but they kind of gave a professional, secure feeling in their interaction with us, so we went with them. We got an estimate within 2 days, worker arrived within 8 days, and job was finished in 3 days (in a month that had torrential rains every other day). The work was made complicated by the need to fit the wood to the curves in the border with the concrete pool deck. Great job, good cleanup, professional follow through. We recommend them.

Description of Work
needed to replace midsized ground level pool deck

Category decks, woodworking

05/21/2019

Brigette W.

I am so very proud of the work done at my home by the Bella Brothers Team. My kitchen is beautiful! I have to do something every room in the house now  The Project manager, Eric guide me through the process and addressed any concern I had timely. Construction was led by John and his team. They were great! Timely, respectful and mindful of our home. He gave pro and cons of any additional suggestion I had which was appreciated. The craftsmanship associated with the Bella Brothers name is exceptional. I could not wait to get home from work every day to see the progress that was made. The job took 4-5 weeks. Our visit to their showroom to sign the contract included a meeting with their Designer. I had a vision but I let him take the lead. So happy that I did, the style is unique and beautiful. I am sure there is not another Kitchen in my neighborhood with the same designer tiles as I have  Simply Beautiful! Thank You to the Bella Brothers Team!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

04/19/2019

Shannon G.

It went extremely well. Quick process and excellent service. I love my kitchen.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category countertops, electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

03/13/2019

Alice A.

The experience started with meeting at our house where we discussed our needs and expectations for a completed carport to garage conversion. Our needs and expectations were listened to and in the end, we have a new garage that appears as though was original to the house. That was our main goal and it was met. We live in a county where permits are not an easy feat, especially with new structures/additions. Prior to calling Bella Brothers, we had hit a wall with several other companies that couldn’t get the proper permits. After being referred to Bella Brothers, Tom and his team were able to process all the proper paperwork, architectural drawings, phone calls and meetings with our county. After some serious behind the scenes work was put in, only then could the real work begin as permits were granted. They started the job during the time frame they had estimated. The men who showed up were courteous and professional. They kept the job site clean while working and after. We were excited every day to see the progress that quickly was unfolding. The job was finished in less time then they had estimated and we were thrilled. I would highly recommend Bella Brothers Construction to anybody looking to have quality, experienced work done on their home.

Description of Work
Carport convert to Garage

Category remodeling, garage builders, sunrooms

01/21/2019

Kim T.

Very well. I'm very pleased with the outcome. I

Description of Work
partial wall removed btwn dining room/kitchen - counter/cabinet installed

Category custom cabinets, countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

09/05/2018

Steve K.

Made an appointment for the contractor to review the project and develop a quote. Contractor never showed up, no call, no email, no text. VERY unprofessional. Folks, there are plenty of contractors in the local area that are more worthy. You don't need to bother with this contractor - Bella Brothers Construction.

Description of Work
Quote for renovation of master bathroom