Stauffer Construction

Founded 1986 • With Angi since February 2008

145 Limekiln Rd

Bechtelsville, PA 19505

Stauffer Construction is a VETERAN-OWNED, full-service, "exterior needs" construction contractor, that is under NEW ownership as of January 2017. Stauffer Construction specializes in all types of roofing, windows and siding installation and repairs. We also offer seamless rain gutters, down spouts, and gutter guard systems. We offer FREE, no-pressure estimates for your project. We have NO SALESMEN, you will deal with an OWNER of our company. Stauffer Construction is dedicated to quality workmanship at competitive prices....

04/27/2020

Joe N.

They were great. I left for work before they got there and they were so clean that when I got home it was like no one had been there, except for the amazing new roof! I am very satisfied with their work and I have recommended them to several other people who have also used them and are also very happy with their roofs.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof.

04/24/2017

james M.

We were really happy with our choice.

Description of Work
They replaced seven large condo roofs after hail damage.

02/16/2017

Janet & Mark D.

Everything was done as described! The office was great to work with, and the work crew was very polite and courteous as we needed to go in and out of our house during the day. They arrived on the scheduled day and was completed the same day too! Staffer's have also done work on other houses in our neighborhood and everyone has been pleased with the results. Couldn't be more pleased!

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement for a 26,000 Sq Ft 2 story home. Included the following: ➢ Tarp perimeter of house and shed to protect it and the plants from as much damage as possible ➢ Remove existing layer of asphalt shingles felt paper and drip edge ➢ Inspect and replace decking as needed ➢ Install two rows of Ice and water shield at all gutter lines then #15 felt paper ➢ Install aluminum drip edge metal and GAF Timberline limited lifetime shingles ➢ Install new vent stack pipe collars ➢ replace flashing and counter flashings as needed ➢ Install GAF shingle over ridge vent

Thank you for taking the time to review Stauffer Construction! We're so happy to hear that you (and your neighbors) have been pleased with our work! --- Kelly Poehlmann, Owner

01/31/2017

Danielle Y.

Excellent, roofers were on time, finished job completely and cleaned everything up.

Description of Work
New roof after hail damage

Thank you for taking the time to review Stauffer Construction! We're glad we could help you out with your roofing project.

01/29/2015

Jay & Danielle Y.

Description of Work
New roof, removed old roof, installed ridge vents.

12/08/2014

Matthew F.

I have worked with many different contractors on home projects during the past 15 years from Virginia to Pennsylvania. Some really good experiences; some really bad. I am serious when I say that Jason Cole and Stauffer Construcution Inc./RRSA is by far one of the BEST contractors I have ever worked with. They were complete professionals all they way through and knew their stuff. They were great at working with my insurance company to inspect the damage, agree on an estimate and start and complete the work. They over-delivered on their promises. They always showed up on time (how rare is that!) and responded promptly to my calls whether it was during the day, evenings or weekends. They fully explained every aspect of the project and provided a very specific timeline to complete the work. I never knew getting a roof replaced was so messy, but the crew completely cleaned up all debris and left my yard looking like it was before they arrived. More than a dozen of my neighbors have used them -- they came highly recommended and I have recommended them many times since. I wish all home construction/restoration projects were this easy and hassle-free.

Description of Work
Stauffer Construction Inc./RRSA (501 Trestle Pl., Downingtown, PA, 19335; 484-866-9524) replaced my entire roof and gutters as a result of hail damage. They worked directly with my insurance company to get the maximum benefit possible and all that I had to pay was my deductible. Jason Cole was the project manager. They were prompt, fast, professional, and always responsive to may calls and questions. Top-rate and first-class all the way!

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing

08/27/2014

Robert D.

Excellent! They took care of me almost immediately. It was a clean job and quick. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced nail damaged siding, some facia and gutters, down spouts.

Category remodeling, siding

08/27/2014

Matthew M.

Called left message-no call back, called again was told to send e-mail with pics, got a call back and was told someone would come look at job, never showed. Sent another email. No response.

Description of Work
Estimate

I'm sorry to hear that your calls and emails were not returned. As of January 2017, Stauffer Construction is under new ownership, and we are committed to providing superior customer service, including prompt return phone calls. ---- Kelly Poehlmann, Owner

07/28/2014

Nicholaos K.

I received a voicemail after my third call but by that time, over a week later, I had already set up multiple estimates and decided on a contractor.

Description of Work
I called them three times to set up an appointment for an estimate. On the first time, the man I spoke with took my information and promised to get back to me within 24 hours. That didn't happen so I called back. I left a message the second time and still didn't hear back. Finally, I found an alternate number and this time I got a call back.

I'm sorry to hear that your calls were not returned in a timely manner. As of January 2017, Stauffer Construction is under new ownership, and we know how important it is to respond to our customers' inquiries. I hope that the roofing contractor you used did a good job for you and that your project turned out well! --- Kelly Poehlmann, Owner

06/29/2014

Karen Z.

They responded quickly to my parents (McCollums). Gave us a full written estimate and it never changed. They replaced full roof and fixed a problem where two roofs met and leaked, also extended the stove pipe 24 inches so if we have another winter like last year the pipe should be above the snow on roof.. Super professional cleanup was done to the max. Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Replaced and repaired roof

Thank you for taking the time to review Stauffer Construction on Angie's LIst. We're so happy that you were pleased with the work! We appreciate all the feedback we receive!

05/31/2014

Sandra C.

It went great. His price was 50% less than my other estimates and he uses the same materials. He called back and came for estimate on time. He even called me back on a holiday week-end. He called a few days later and said he could do it earlier and came the next day. The workers were great. They completed it in 1 day. The workers were professional too. They cleaned up and when I cut grass after they left I did not hit 1 nail. I will be using him in the future for windows and my neighbor is considering him for windows too.

Description of Work
Take off old shingles and replaced with new shingles, ridge vent, smart vents in front and back, new flashing.

11/22/2013

Russell D.

Very well. Don Stauffer was a joy to work with and so was his assistant. They were very accommodating and professional. The work completed when promised. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced roof with new shingles, installed and inspected storm door, fascia board, installed new skylight.

Category skylights

11/10/2013

Jennifer G.

We like to use local small businesses when we can, and in this case, we were very happy with the result. They came out promptly to give us an estimate and fit us in their schedule quickly. Everyone we dealt with was very professional and the pricing was competitive. They did our entire roof, including replacement of 2 skylights, in one day. The workers did a great job cleaning up. Siding replacement was completed on a different day. When my husband had a question about the new siding, the owner's son was out promptly to check it out. We'll definitely consider them for future projects.

Description of Work
Replaced entire roof, 2 skylights, and some small areas of siding.

Category roofing, siding, skylights

10/18/2013

Joe N.

them againDon showed up right on time and gave us an estimate for the job. After giving him the job he was very prompt to return with samples and explained the roofing process very thoroughly. I had met with two other contractors about the roof and Don was without a doubt the most informative. He also did a few extras that the others said were unnecessary , such as overlapping the underlayment in certain areas of the roof. It all made sense and we felt very comfortable going with Stauffer Construction. They arrived as promised and covered the siding on our house with tarps before taking the old roof off. They were very hard workers and very mannerly. By the time i returned home they were done and everything was cleaned up very nicely. you would have never known they were there except for the beautifully installed roof they left on top of my house. I would not only use them again but have told family , friends and neighbors about them. Excellent Contractor < can't say enough good about them.

Description of Work
Full Roof replacement along with some roof sheeting. Remove broken attic fan.

09/23/2013

Tara H.

We absolutely loved the work that Stauffer Construction did on our roof. The entire process was pleasant and Don and his staff were so easy to work with. Don took the time to answer our questions and went out of his way to drop off samples of shingles. The day of, Don arrived early, before the dumpster was even here, made sure that was dropped off ok and had his crew start tarping off the house to protect our landscaping. it was a foggy and a little drizzly that morning and when it started to drizzle the tar paper went down fast to protect our exposed plywood on the roof. they started our roof at about 8 am and were off the roof and cleaning up by 2:30 pm. They did a wonderful job cleaning up the nails from our yard we only found a few, not to bad I didn't think. when the skylight went in it was a quick process. I would highly recommend this coming to anyone. They were our lowest price estimate.

Description of Work
Replace entire roof and two skylights.

Category roofing, skylights

08/05/2013

Charles F.

They did a pretty nice job. Mr. Stauffer was very down to earth and a decent guy. We liked him. We had shingles that we wanted to use them. He was willing to work with us on that. He was very flexible and he did the job when we were on vacation. I was very pleased with that. He came back there was a dumpster in the driveway and he used it right away. His head guy Joe was very responsible but his crew needed a bit of redirection sometimes. But it was fine.

Description of Work
Stauffer Construction Inc did our roof work.

05/18/2013

Paul S.

Stauffer Const. was prompt, responsive, competitively priced. everyone involved was professional and knowledgeable. They tore off and re-roofed a sizable cape cod with breezeway and large 2 car garage in 1 normal work day. After a thorough clean-up, every thing looked just as it did before the crew started. I' am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Tore off old roofing and re-shingled.

05/06/2013

William M.

They were wonderful. They were very professional and showed up on time. It was a messy job and everything was cleaned up perfectly when they were done. Their price was very, very competitive. We would most definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We used Stauffer Construction for the roof.

05/06/2013

Patrick H.

I contacted Stauffer Construction after reading reviews on here and I was badly in need of replacing my roof. They came out promply and gave me a quote within two days. Joel was very respondent to questions and substitutions that I asked for. Scheduling was done for Friday the 26th of April but Joel called on the 24th and asked if they could do the job on the 25th instead. He was out at the house between 7 and 7:30am with his workers showing up between 7:30 and 8am. They brought in a dumpster that was removed Friday morning and they were complete by noon, clean-up included. While there were a few pieces of small shingles found and a few nails that were missed, all-in-all the clean-up was very good. No issues with invoicing and the total was exactly what was quoted plus one piece of plywood. I was happy with them and would use them again.

Description of Work
Removed old shingles on roof and replaced with new shingles. Also replace one piece of plywood with project.

02/26/2013

Don C.

They were responsive, answered the phone with a human being, and got back to me right away. I understand they weren't able to come out right away, but they were very responsive and helpful.

Description of Work
I had a leak around my chimney that was leaking onto my ceiling. I called them and someone actually answered the phone. They were very nice. The receptionist wasn't sure if they did that type of work and said she would get back with me. She called me later that day and said they could do the work, but not for a week to week and a half.

Category roofing, chimney repair

12/28/2012

Michele B.

While home sick & unable to sleep on the night of the 20th I heard a dripping noise in my attic. I called several roofers based on high Angie's List reviews and this company was the only one to return my call. Joel came out promptly that afternoon and looked at my problem. It seemed to be a shingle stuck under a pipe flange which he removed. He told me to keep an ear & eye out but he thought that might fix my issue. He wouldn't charge me anything for having a look. We discussed the state of my roof as well (since I've never been up there). He was very prompt, professional & honest. When I have another roofing issue I will be definitely calling Joel!

Description of Work
Checked my roof for leak

11/27/2012

Richard S.

After deciding to replace my old roof before it started to leak, I contacted Stauffer Construction after checking Angie's List. I got a response in a few hours and an estimate in two days. They arrived two weeks later to install a new roof. Clean up was very thorough as was the roof installation. This was not an emergency job and I was surprised they could do the job as quickly as they did right after hurricane Sandy.

Description of Work
Remove old shingles, install new paper and shingles and clean up/removal.

10/22/2012

Bruce C.

Stauffer Construction sent someone out the next day to give us an estimate, and he was knowledgeable and courteous. Although they were not the lowest estimate, we felt they were the best for what we needed done. We were a little worried because we were leaving on vacation the day they said they would begin work, but they assured us that we did not need to be there for them to work. I was worried that they might skimp on clean-up with us gone, but we returned to a new roof and a pretty clean yard, save for stray roofing nails. It took them two days to tear off the old roof and replace it with new shingles. They disposed of the old roofing material for us. They were easy to get a whold of and pleasant to work with. We would use them again when we have roofing repairs to be done.

Description of Work
Removing and disposing of old roof (asbestos particulate tiles) tiles and shingles, replacing with new shingles.

08/28/2012

Mehul S.

I decided not to use them. Everything was fine but there wasn't much follow-up after the quote. They did a reasonable quote I just decided to go another direction. I would rate them overall an A.

Description of Work
Stauffer Construction came out two or three weeks for a quote on windows and siding.

Category siding, replacement windows

05/18/2012

Phil S.

Don Stauffer was an excellent person to work with very punctual always did what he said and did a terrific job.

Description of Work
Full re roofing job on my home